Jump to topic:

Debate teams

Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 6:46:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
There should be debate teams on this site. People take turns rotating on a topic against another team.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
Tophatdoc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 7:03:56 PM
At 2/6/2014 6:46:03 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
There should be debate teams on this site. People take turns rotating on a topic against another team.

I would suggest asking TUF. I think he mentioned it before.......Search the forums for the post. I have a strong feeling they would generally turn out horrible though.
"Don't click on my profile. Don't send me friend requests. Don't read my debates. There are many interesting people on DDO. Find one of them. Go find someone exciting and loquacious. Go click on their profile. Go send them friend requests. Go read their debates. Leave me alone." -Tophatdoc
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 8:38:30 PM
Team debating is one of the most frequently asked for features. But there have been various attempts to set up team debates, and they have generally wound up floundering on the rocks of apathy.

There are still Team Debating accounts, if anyone does want to get the ball rolling on them--contact airmax for more about it.

(Full disclosure: I've been involved in multiple attempts to get folks to actually get fired up about team debates)
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!