Jump to topic:

First Interactions

Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 8:26:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Who was the first user you really interacted with on DDO, and how did it go?
Did they give you a warm welcome or did they make you consider leaving DDO?

Just curious :D
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 8:52:18 AM
I think lannan13. That was over two years ago, so I'm not completely sure, but he's the first person I had a debate with.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Magic8000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 10:01:24 AM
First person I debated was Rationalmadman. First person I conversed with was Microsuck (now known as AnsweringAtheism).
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 10:18:53 AM
The first user I had an actual conversation with was Hitchslap. I had 0 ideas about how to format debates or how to go about making one look right. He helped me learn the basics and helped me pick some non bias topics and that really got me started on here. After being on here for about a week I met Sargon. Sargon was and still is probably one of the most underrated debaters on this site. A good many people do not know whom he is, but he is extremely knowledgeable in a vast majority of subjects. Some of them including physics, science, and especially anything related to religion or God. Sargon was the first person who really started helping me refine my arguments. I got into a rage war with him on a forum in our initial meeting, and then after talking to him in personal messages we became really good friends. I still regard him as one of the best debaters on this site and would advise anyone to read some of his debates.

Both of these guys helped me learn site etiquette and formatting, and for that they have my thanks. They gave me a warm welcome to the community along with Sargon giving me a reality check about how I laid out some of my initial arguments. All in all it was a great experienced and helped me grow as a user.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 12:54:50 PM
At 2/7/2014 10:18:53 AM, Mikal wrote:
The first user I had an actual conversation with was Hitchslap. I had 0 ideas about how to format debates or how to go about making one look right. He helped me learn the basics and helped me pick some non bias topics and that really got me started on here. After being on here for about a week I met Sargon. Sargon was and still is probably one of the most underrated debaters on this site. A good many people do not know whom he is, but he is extremely knowledgeable in a vast majority of subjects. Some of them including physics, science, and especially anything related to religion or God. Sargon was the first person who really started helping me refine my arguments. I got into a rage war with him on a forum in our initial meeting, and then after talking to him in personal messages we became really good friends. I still regard him as one of the best debaters on this site and would advise anyone to read some of his debates.

Both of these guys helped me learn site etiquette and formatting, and for that they have my thanks. They gave me a warm welcome to the community along with Sargon giving me a reality check about how I laid out some of my initial arguments. All in all it was a great experienced and helped me grow as a user.

Sargon's a genius.
He's only 15 yet his level of knowledge and rationality seem like that of a college professor!
His debates go waaaay over my head though...
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 4:49:31 PM
At 2/7/2014 8:26:40 AM, Romanii wrote:

Pretty sure it was with Petersaysstuff over the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in the debate comments.

He was my first DDO friend, so I think it went well despite me being fairly ignorant back then and him allot more intelligent. Sometimes I realize I wasn't so Conservative and fundamentalist as I remember being--I didn't care much that he was a bisexual, atheist, commie. Back when I joined this site I was a stereotypical no nothing Conservative Creationist.

"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 4:50:50 PM
I think the first person I met was Iamanatheistandthisiswhy.
I did my first 2 debates with him, and they were both about religion. Those 2 debates really helped me get a feel for what a debate should be like, as well as start the process of refining my arguments on the subject of God.
IAAATIW was really supportive, too, voting on several of my debates and PMing me every once in a while. Overall, he gave me a very good impression of the site as a whole :)
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 4:52:15 PM
At 2/7/2014 4:49:31 PM, phantom wrote:

Pretty sure it was with Petersaysstuff over the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in the debate comments.

He was my first DDO friend, so I think it went well despite me being fairly ignorant back then and him allot more intelligent. Sometimes I realize I wasn't so Conservative and fundamentalist as I remember being--I didn't care much that he was a bisexual, atheist, commie. Back when I joined this site I was a stereotypical no nothing Conservative Creationist.

Woah, and now you're a moderate atheist, lol
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 4:55:16 PM
At 2/7/2014 4:52:15 PM, Romanii wrote:

DDO presents somewhat of a challenge to unwarranted beliefs thankfully.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 4:57:14 PM
At 2/7/2014 4:55:16 PM, phantom wrote:

For me it has only strengthened my beliefs...

Maybe because they're warranted :)
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 5:00:08 PM
At 2/7/2014 4:57:14 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 2/7/2014 4:55:16 PM, phantom wrote:

For me it has only strengthened my beliefs...

Maybe because they're warranted :)

Lol, perhaps. I think a few people have said that, but for the most part it tends to make people more uncertain.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 7:58:09 PM
5+ years ago, don't remember and to lazy to look
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 8:25:52 PM

Leojm. We talked about conservative stuff. I've been on a lot since then.
Ashton