Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2014 11:20:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Here are the rules to the competition.

There shall be 4 rounds. This is round 1

the rounds are as follows

[1] video as to why you should win and giving us a little about yourself. Just a self portrait kind of thing

[2] talent portion. post a video of anything that you consider to be a talent. could be music, doing flips, dancing, or even drawing. do something that sticks out. (tuf is going to twerk for us, confirmed)

[3] fashion portion. you can get in a swimsuit, a tux, or just a dress or slacks. post 3 pictures of yourself to the thread this is attached to, and or a video compiling 3 different outfits/swimsuits. whatever you think will make you win

[4] questions. each judge will ask each participant one question and they will either respond on video or just through the thread.

Voting shall work as follows

each round one judge shall vote on 3 different people they want to win in no set order of preference.

example

bsh votes contenter1, contender4, and contender7

YYW votes contender 1 , contender5, and contender 6

votes shall be counted as follows.

contender 1 = 2 votes

contender

4 = 1 vote
7 = 1 vote
5 = 1 vote
6 = 1 vote

The person with the most votes at the end of a round wins the round. There probabbly will be 4 different people winning each round. At the end those 4 people shall be pulled out for a final 5th round that shall be announced later. The winner of that round wins the contest.

If a person wins 2 rounds and 2 other people win an individual round, no bonus round will be needed. That person will automatically win. If 2 different people win 2 rounds out of 4 those two people will advance to the bonus round.

THIS ROUND IS ROUND 1

You are allowed to ask questions but all participants have until next saturday night at midnight to submit their video. Judges will vote all day Sunday until all votes are collected. The winner of this round will be announced Sunday night.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2014 11:31:12 PM
At 2/8/2014 11:20:56 PM, Mikal wrote:
(tuf is going to twerk for us, confirmed)

Time to start watching some Miley Cyrus music videos for practice.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2014 11:34:40 PM
Thank you!!

For the talent, is singing allowed too? Any form that is...
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2014 11:35:42 PM
At 2/8/2014 11:31:12 PM, TUF wrote:

remember speedo, a wrecking ball, and a lolipop

you swore.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2014 11:37:14 PM
At 2/8/2014 11:34:40 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
Thank you!!

yep , as long as its a you singing in a youtube video. feel free to do whatever you see fit
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2014 11:37:35 PM
Thank you!!

i digress, it doesnt have to be youtube. you just way we can see a video
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 12:01:41 AM
At 2/8/2014 11:37:35 PM, Mikal wrote:
Thank you!!

Well it'll have to be YouTube cause I just created it .. I have no other way of videoing myself.. But alright, cool. Just wanted to make sure!! Sooooo nervous!! Videoing is gonna be really hard for me lol...but I'm gonna so it!! :)
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 12:03:04 AM
At 2/9/2014 12:01:41 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
Thank you!!

Well it'll have to be YouTube cause I just created it .. I have no other way of videoing myself.. But alright, cool. Just wanted to make sure!! Sooooo nervous!! Videoing is gonna be really hard for me lol...but I'm gonna so it!! :)

you got this :)

you sing great
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 12:04:25 AM
At 2/9/2014 12:03:04 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 2/9/2014 12:01:41 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
Thank you!!

you got this :)

you sing great
Awe, thank you!! :)
"Good Times" ~ Max
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 12:05:23 AM
At 2/8/2014 11:35:42 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 2/8/2014 11:31:12 PM, TUF wrote:

remember speedo, a wrecking ball, and a lolipop

you swore.

I laughed when I saw this haha!!! TUF's gonna outdo everyone at this rate!! Lol :P
"Good Times" ~ Max
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 2:16:48 AM
For R4 can I ask Tulle questions? I just wanna, like, ask her about Lost mostly.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 4:50:28 AM
To hell with the rest of it, just bring on the swim suit competition !!!
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 9:20:13 AM
At 2/9/2014 4:50:28 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
To hell with the rest of it, just bring on the swim suit competition !!!
PeriodicPatriot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 9:27:57 AM
Here are the rules to the competition.

There shall be 4 rounds. This is round 1

the rounds are as follows

[1] video as to why you should win and giving us a little about yourself. Just a self portrait kind of thing

[2] talent portion. post a video of anything that you consider to be a talent. could be music, doing flips, dancing, or even drawing. do something that sticks out. (tuf is going to twerk for us, confirmed)

[3] fashion portion. you can get in a swimsuit, a tux, or just a dress or slacks. post 3 pictures of yourself to the thread this is attached to, and or a video compiling 3 different outfits/swimsuits. whatever you think will make you win

[4] questions. each judge will ask each participant one question and they will either respond on video or just through the thread.

Voting shall work as follows

each round one judge shall vote on 3 different people they want to win in no set order of preference.

example

bsh votes contenter1, contender4, and contender7

YYW votes contender 1 , contender5, and contender 6

votes shall be counted as follows.

contender 1 = 2 votes

contender

4 = 1 vote
7 = 1 vote
5 = 1 vote
6 = 1 vote

The person with the most votes at the end of a round wins the round. There probabbly will be 4 different people winning each round. At the end those 4 people shall be pulled out for a final 5th round that shall be announced later. The winner of that round wins the contest.

If a person wins 2 rounds and 2 other people win an individual round, no bonus round will be needed. That person will automatically win. If 2 different people win 2 rounds out of 4 those two people will advance to the bonus round.

THIS ROUND IS ROUND 1

You are allowed to ask questions but all participants have until next saturday night at midnight to submit their video. Judges will vote all day Sunday until all votes are collected. The winner of this round will be announced Sunday night.

So exciting! Just asking, can you review the judge list? I wanna see if I'm a judge. Are we talking about the following week or this week?
Where you can find me besides DDO for a quick chat...

http://bit.ly... (Wattpad)
http://bit.ly... (Quibblo)
http://bit.ly... (Edeb8)

I know I have a different username, so what?
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2014 12:26:07 AM
At 2/10/2014 12:19:07 AM, Mikal wrote:
reminder that you guys have until the end of Saturday night to post your first round video

Thank you. Working on it. *too shy though* 0.0 lol
"Good Times" ~ Max
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2014 1:04:35 AM
reminder that you guys have until the end of Saturday night to post your first round video

Are we allowed to overtly bribe/threaten the judges?
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2014 1:05:57 AM
At 2/10/2014 12:26:07 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

I'm sure you'll do great. Although my early prediction is on Tulle. Still, anything can happen. Just be clever and funny and kind of mean and they'll eat it up.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2014 1:12:33 AM
At 2/10/2014 1:05:57 AM, Noumena wrote:
At 2/10/2014 12:26:07 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

I'm sure you'll do great. Although my early prediction is on Tulle. Still, anything can happen. Just be clever and funny and kind of mean and they'll eat it up.

Lol, well thank you... I'll do my best... :)
"Good Times" ~ Max
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2014 7:20:33 AM

lol Aw :p I doubt I'm going to win. I'm specifically trying to not sing for my talent because 1) I knew Godchooses life would and 2) Buckethead and I have been planning to do a singing debate this week. Thought I'd do something different but I may chicken out at the last minute :p
yang.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2014 7:55:06 AM
At 2/10/2014 7:20:33 AM, tulle wrote:

lol Aw :p I doubt I'm going to win. I'm specifically trying to not sing for my talent because 1) I knew Godchooses life would and 2) Buckethead and I have been planning to do a singing debate this week. Thought I'd do something different but I may chicken out at the last minute :p

I'm trying to figure out what to do for that round but I realized I have no talents.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2014 7:57:53 AM
At 2/10/2014 7:55:06 AM, Noumena wrote:

I'm trying to figure out what to do for that round but I realized I have no talents.

Oh come on, being smart and good looking IS a talent.
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2014 7:58:42 AM
At 2/10/2014 1:04:35 AM, Noumena wrote:

Depends on how well you overtly bribe me.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2014 7:59:27 AM
At 2/10/2014 7:57:53 AM, TUF wrote:

Then I will literally sit for ten minutes and read.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2014 7:59:57 AM
At 2/10/2014 7:58:42 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:
At 2/10/2014 1:04:35 AM, Noumena wrote:

Depends on how well you overtly bribe me.

You and I already went over this. My wife is too old.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2014 8:03:46 AM
At 2/10/2014 7:59:27 AM, Noumena wrote:

No fair that's like an automatic win!
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2014 8:16:36 AM

Does it have to be just one of those three or can we where whatever?
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2014 8:17:32 AM
At 2/10/2014 8:16:36 AM, TUF wrote:

Does it have to be just one of those three or can we where whatever?

I'll forfeit if it is. Those three options just seem dreadful. I mean......slacks? Wtf gross.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2014 8:17:50 AM
At 2/10/2014 8:03:46 AM, TUF wrote:

I'll read you some Zizek.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2014 9:38:18 AM
At 2/10/2014 8:17:50 AM, Noumena wrote:
At 2/10/2014 8:03:46 AM, TUF wrote:

I'll read you some Zizek.

Lol ill respond to that later when I do some more research about him lol.