Total Posts:31|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

"friends"

Frodobaggins
Posts: 602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 12:44:37 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
http://www.debate.org...

Every debate I had with him as johngriswald this guy seems to favor Korashk with 7 points, not to mention that Korashk seems to vote for himself despite my several PM's asking him to remove his votes because I did not have the ability to vote. Beware debating Korashk as he voted for himself at the last minute to clench the victory.

Tell me some other "friends" you notice voting together. This shall be the first attempt to make a DO NOT DEBATE LIST similar to the do not call list.

This needs to be done quickly before votes can be reversed.

Post your reasons and evidence

DO NOT DEBATE
1. Korashk
2. Chief-Examiner
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 12:48:29 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/19/2010 12:47:29 PM, Logical-Master wrote:
lol, this voter tab is certainly going to make things more interesting on this site from now on.

How much do you want to bet mongeese/goose are going through every one of their debates right now?
Logical-Master
Posts: 2,538
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 12:50:10 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/19/2010 12:48:29 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 1/19/2010 12:47:29 PM, Logical-Master wrote:
lol, this voter tab is certainly going to make things more interesting on this site from now on.

How much do you want to bet mongeese/goose are going through every one of their debates right now?

Mongeese is not online, although he shall no doubt do just that when he gets on. A good idea if you're interested I suppose.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 12:52:38 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I don't think it's necessary now because people will no longer even try fishing for votes if they know about the voting tab. I think voting will be a lot more fair from now on because someone does try to vote bomb, they'll be criticized for it in the comments section.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 12:54:15 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Meh, i dont really mind these people who vote for themselves, or have friends who vote alongside them. Thanks to the new system which shows who voted for who, i am happy to see that my opponent felt the need to vote for himself in order to win, and am happy to know that everyone who sees it will see that too.

For example, my debate with Followhard. Im glad that i was able to crush him, but im even more so happy that i see that he had to vote for himself, whereas i didnt. Im also glad that he had a bunch of christian orgies in order to increase his vote count.
Frodobaggins
Posts: 602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 1:05:28 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
looking at debates of mongeese/mongoose I see that so far when they did vote in each others debates (15% roughly so far) they awarded about 4/3 points towards each other 100% of the time.

Not incredible biased IMO
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 1:10:41 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/19/2010 12:44:37 PM, Frodobaggins wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

Every debate I had with him as johngriswald this guy seems to favor Korashk with 7 points, not to mention that Korashk seems to vote for himself despite my several PM's asking him to remove his votes because I did not have the ability to vote. Beware debating Korashk as he voted for himself at the last minute to clench the victory.

Tell me some other "friends" you notice voting together. This shall be the first attempt to make a DO NOT DEBATE LIST similar to the do not call list.

This needs to be done quickly before votes can be reversed.

Post your reasons and evidence

DO NOT DEBATE
1. Korashk
2. Chief-Examiner

Yes, Chief-Examiner is a friend of mine in real life. This should have nothing to do with how he votes. I will confront him about this tomorrow and if it is true that he voted for me because he's my friend I'll have to beat him up or something, if he claims otherwise I'll make him post an RFD on our 2 debates.

Also I do not see how voting for myself is cheating and you never sent me any messages about not voting for myself. If you actually had asked me not to I would not have. Lying is a poor way to make your point.

Also, I've checked all of my other debates and he hasn't even voted on more than half of them.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Frodobaggins
Posts: 602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 1:13:13 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/19/2010 1:10:41 PM, Korashk wrote:
Yes, Chief-Examiner is a friend of mine in real life. This should have nothing to do with how he votes. I will confront him about this tomorrow and if it is true that he voted for me because he's my friend I'll have to beat him up or something, if he claims otherwise I'll make him post an RFD on our 2 debates.

Also I do not see how voting for myself is cheating and you never sent me any messages about not voting for myself. If you actually had asked me not to I would not have. Lying is a poor way to make your point.

Also, I've checked all of my other debates and he hasn't even voted on more than half of them.

I absolutely did. Do you remember the PM from Johngriswald "Hey I can't vote please remove your vote"

I got a return "Yeah sure no problem" Vote was removed, then you secretly added it back on.

He seemingly only voted for you in debates that you were in danger of losing.
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 1:46:25 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
This new addition has allowed me to pinpoint two members who vote-bombed me in nearly all my debates. I'd name names but both have been inactive for some time. Any other vote-bomb victims ID their own culprits?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Frodobaggins
Posts: 602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 1:48:23 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/19/2010 1:46:25 PM, Maikuru wrote:
This new addition has allowed me to pinpoint two members who vote-bombed me in nearly all my debates. I'd name names but both have been inactive for some time. Any other vote-bomb victims ID their own culprits?

name the trouble makers
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 2:20:42 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
After looking at my debates, I saw that one of my friends voted bombed against me in every debate he voted in. I'm not surprised since we disagree on most things, but he even voted against me in a debate he agreed with me on and my opponent recieved zero votes except from him. Wow.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 2:24:24 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/19/2010 1:13:13 PM, Frodobaggins wrote:
I absolutely did. Do you remember the PM from Johngriswald "Hey I can't vote please remove your vote"

I got a return "Yeah sure no problem" Vote was removed, then you secretly added it back on.

He seemingly only voted for you in debates that you were in danger of losing.

I do not remember that message or response because they never took place. Here is proof:

All of my messages: http://i49.tinypic.com...
The only message I have from johngriswald: http://i49.tinypic.com...
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 2:40:01 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
If friends vote-bombing together all go on a DO NOT DEBATE list, we have a problem. "Friends":

theLwerd
Lwerd
Vi_Veri

JBlake
comoncents } these three were voting against me almost in unison two months ago.
SaintNick
Frodobaggins
Posts: 602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 2:47:38 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/19/2010 2:41:14 PM, Nags wrote:
At 1/19/2010 1:30:20 PM, Frodobaggins wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

Nags and Nails

Funny you don't mention the three people that gave you seven.

Read the debate you tool.
Frodobaggins
Posts: 602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 2:48:05 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/19/2010 2:24:24 PM, Korashk wrote:
At 1/19/2010 1:13:13 PM, Frodobaggins wrote:
I absolutely did. Do you remember the PM from Johngriswald "Hey I can't vote please remove your vote"

I got a return "Yeah sure no problem" Vote was removed, then you secretly added it back on.

He seemingly only voted for you in debates that you were in danger of losing.

I do not remember that message or response because they never took place. Here is proof:

All of my messages: http://i49.tinypic.com...
The only message I have from johngriswald: http://i49.tinypic.com...

The delete button, it exists.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 2:52:45 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/19/2010 2:47:38 PM, Frodobaggins wrote:
Read the debate you tool.

I did.

- Conduct: CON - You ruined the funny.
- S&G: CON
---->You used "produces" instead of produce.
---->You capitalized the g and l in good luck.
---->You didn't capitalize the e in extend.
---->Nothing wrong with PRO.
- CA: CON - It's funny.
- Sources: CON - People gave you points here too.
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 2:55:38 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
It does exist but I never use it for anything when it comes to e-mails and the like. I also realize that my word is not necessarily proof and as it stands I have attempted to substantiate my claim whereas all you have done is accuse me of something that I did not do.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Kahvan
Posts: 1,339
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 3:03:22 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I have hopes that the voting tab will increase the fairness of al voting. I know that I have not been on long but I recognized that the voting system was flawed soon after I became highly active.
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 7:55:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/19/2010 1:48:44 PM, Frodobaggins wrote:
On an interesting note, crackofdawnjr never vote bombed anyone with his accounts.

If he had, the votes would have already have been removed. There's no way to prove it either way now, but he had told me about his multiple accounts quite a while back and said then that they weren't for vote abuse.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 7:58:43 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/19/2010 1:22:30 PM, Koopin wrote:
Since we are gonna start pointing fingers,

Wonderwomen voted for ManPower on my debate.
http://www.debate.org...

lol, not too surprised at that one, and why are you pointing fingers??
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Frodobaggins
Posts: 602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 8:16:54 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/19/2010 7:55:19 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 1/19/2010 1:48:44 PM, Frodobaggins wrote:
On an interesting note, crackofdawnjr never vote bombed anyone with his accounts.

If he had, the votes would have already have been removed. There's no way to prove it either way now, but he had told me about his multiple accounts quite a while back and said then that they weren't for vote abuse.

What were the reasons, you never revealed them?
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 8:23:28 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/19/2010 8:16:54 PM, Frodobaggins wrote:
At 1/19/2010 7:55:19 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 1/19/2010 1:48:44 PM, Frodobaggins wrote:
On an interesting note, crackofdawnjr never vote bombed anyone with his accounts.

If he had, the votes would have already have been removed. There's no way to prove it either way now, but he had told me about his multiple accounts quite a while back and said then that they weren't for vote abuse.

What were the reasons, you never revealed them?

I did not have the account names and I decided that because he hadn't bombed with them that there was no reason to tattle.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Frodobaggins
Posts: 602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 8:54:28 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/19/2010 8:23:28 PM, wjmelements wrote:
I did not have the account names and I decided that because he hadn't bombed with them that there was no reason to tattle.

Was it that bad that telling us would be tattleing?

Surely you can let a good friend know ;) ;)