Jump to topic:

Mock Presidential Election

bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2014 10:30:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Just to make sure that there is no confusion on this matter, this is NOT the start of the DDO Elections.

This is a mock Presidential election. Since we have a fair idea of who's running for POTUS in 2016, this scenario is of the United States 2020 Presidential Election.
If you participate, here's the way it's going to play out:

First of all, everyone who's participating will sign up here. Then:

Round 1. We will each give ourselves a fake background. You will tell what the name you selected for yourself is, what party you're running for, your previous political experience, and some facts about you. If you really want to you can use legitimate personal information, but I wouldn't recommend it. Then we move on to:

Round 2. You will give campaign promises. That means you will, on this thread, explain what you'll do if you get elected.
Then, wait for it...you go around DDO advertising yourself.

After some time passes and we've had a chance to advertise, I will create a poll including the names of everyone who's signed up as a candidate. The candidate from each major party (Democrat and Republican) with the most votes will move on.

Round Three: I will raise several scenarios of current events taking place in the year 2020. In response to these scenarios you will give your campaign promises again, and perhaps do some more advertising on DDO.

Then, I will conduct a second poll with the names of the two (or three) nominees. The person with the most votes wins the Presidential election and becomes the (mock) President of the United States.

But first things first: sign up here.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2014 10:32:26 PM
At 2/14/2014 10:30:54 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
Just to make sure that there is no confusion on this matter, this is NOT the start of the DDO Elections.

This is a mock Presidential election. Since we have a fair idea of who's running for POTUS in 2016, this scenario is of the United States 2020 Presidential Election.

Round 1. We will each give ourselves a fake background. You will tell what the name you selected for yourself is, what party you're running for, your previous political experience, and some facts about you. If you really want to you can use legitimate personal information, but I wouldn't recommend it. Then we move on to:

Round 2. You will give campaign promises. That means you will, on this thread, explain what you'll do if you get elected.

After some time passes and we've had a chance to advertise, I will create a poll including the names of everyone who's signed up as a candidate. The candidate from each major party (Democrat and Republican) with the most votes will move on.

Round Three: I will raise several scenarios of current events taking place in the year 2020. In response to these scenarios you will give your campaign promises again, and perhaps do some more advertising on DDO.

Then, I will conduct a second poll with the names of the two (or three) nominees. The person with the most votes wins the Presidential election and becomes the (mock) President of the United States.

*suspiciously joins*
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2014 10:43:44 PM
I will most likely be running this thing and at the same time I'm participating as a candidate, but I'll try to make this election fair. Of course, in a real election things get lowdown and dirty.
The participants will speak in order of signup, making Noumena first and Bubba the Clown second. I will announce when Round 1 begins and the signup ends. Don't worry, you have all night.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2014 11:00:31 PM

Ok thats not gonna work. Not only will that annoy the hell out of other people on the site, but its also something that can is borderline spamming, which we dont need around here.

Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2014 11:02:41 PM
At 2/14/2014 10:47:05 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
The beginning of the election will commence in a few days. Until then, feel free to sign up.

I'm in but will drop out early and support any candidate who is superior and holds similar views should one appear early on.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2014 11:07:20 PM
At 2/14/2014 11:00:31 PM, imabench wrote:

Ok thats not gonna work. Not only will that annoy the hell out of other people on the site, but its also something that can is borderline spamming, which we dont need around here.

I'll stick to this thread and still win.
#NoSpamCampaignPromise
#MachiavellianGenius

: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2014 8:56:51 AM

I didn't say you had to spam. You can communicate with your DDO friends and ask them to vote for you. Or, you can make your own debate, challenging a rival candidate. Spamming is not necessarily the way to win, though it's a possible method.
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2014 9:00:30 AM
At 2/14/2014 11:07:20 PM, Noumena wrote:

I'll stick to this thread and still win.
#NoSpamCampaignPromise
#MachiavellianGenius

Round 1 hasn't begun yet.
And also, when it does begin, the campaign promises will need to be about the US, not DDO. And you'll have to give your candidate a legitimate name, not a "username." For instance, I won't be able to call my candidate Bubba the Clown. I'll have to give him a real name.
Ex: Mark Davison, former Governor of Massachusetts
or
Bobby Martinez, representative from Arizona
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2014 9:23:43 AM
Dude. You're spamming this just to get people to sign up. Once it gets underway, the spamming is only going to increase.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2014 9:39:23 AM
At 2/15/2014 9:33:42 AM, progressivedem22 wrote:
Count me in!

1. Noumena

2. Bubba The Clown

3. progressivedem22
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2014 9:47:03 AM
At 2/15/2014 9:23:43 AM, Zaradi wrote:
Dude. You're spamming this just to get people to sign up. Once it gets underway, the spamming is only going to increase.

It's not spam; it's advertising. And I placed a single advertisement on each forum and debate that I've advertised.
PeriodicPatriot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2014 10:10:38 AM
At 2/15/2014 9:47:03 AM, bubbatheclown wrote:
At 2/15/2014 9:23:43 AM, Zaradi wrote:

It's not spam; it's advertising. And I placed a single advertisement on each forum and debate that I've advertised.

Advertising is spamming, which will not be tolerated on DDO. If it does, I will have to report you.

Listen, you can do this somewhere else, but not here. Besides, we already have DDO elections, which is every 6 months. And for those who already signed up, you should consider dropping out, unless they want to get in trouble.
Where you can find me besides DDO for a quick chat...

http://bit.ly... (Wattpad)
http://bit.ly... (Quibblo)
http://bit.ly... (Edeb8)

I know I have a different username, so what?
PeriodicPatriot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2014 10:14:18 AM

Take that out and you have a lot of people signing up

I actually think this is childish at first.

How about if you take out the advertising thing, just to avoid spam. Then, I might sign up.

progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2014 10:18:52 AM
I don't think anyone would want to "advertise" in the way that was described here -- I certainly won't feel comfortable doing that. We could simply start some sort of ad campaign in this thread, maybe even by way of a Youtube video or something of the sort.
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2014 10:21:54 AM
Okay then, I concede to the Users of DDO:
Advertising your candidacy throughout the site byspamming will not be permitted. However, you may advertise your campaign by challenging your opponent to a debate.
Now, any signups?
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2014 10:24:50 AM
At 2/15/2014 10:14:18 AM, PeriodicPatriot wrote:

How about if you take out the advertising thing, just to avoid spam. Then, I might sign up.

I've changed the rules, so advertising by spamming is not permitted. Would you like to sign up now?
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2014 10:25:28 AM
At 2/15/2014 10:18:52 AM, progressivedem22 wrote:
I don't think anyone would want to "advertise" in the way that was described here -- I certainly won't feel comfortable doing that. We could simply start some sort of ad campaign in this thread, maybe even by way of a Youtube video or something of the sort.

Okay then, nobody will spam to advertise their presidencies.
PeriodicPatriot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2014 10:39:15 AM
At 2/15/2014 10:24:50 AM, bubbatheclown wrote:

I've changed the rules, so advertising by spamming is not permitted. Would you like to sign up now?

Thank you. Yes.

bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2014 11:16:09 AM
At 2/15/2014 10:39:15 AM, PeriodicPatriot wrote:
At 2/15/2014 10:24:50 AM, bubbatheclown wrote:

Thank you. Yes.

So you're signing up as a candidate?
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2014 11:34:49 AM
At 2/14/2014 11:04:37 PM, Wylted wrote:
Yep nevermind, didn't realize spamming was necessary. I'm out.

I changed the rules. Spamming is not necessary. Please come back and sign up again.
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2014 11:55:36 AM
At 2/15/2014 11:20:22 AM, bubbatheclown wrote:
Current candidates:

1. Noumena
2. Bubbatheclown
3. progressivedem22
4. PeriodicPatriot

Since the three people who are running besides me are all liberal, methinks I'll have the Republican nomination to myself. Of course, there's still time for a Republican to sign up.

Of course, it is not required to create a candidate with the same political views as you have. If you're a conservative you can make your candidate liberal if you want to. If you're a liberal you can make your candidate conservative if you want to.

However, I ask that no one who intends on trolling sign up. Even if you're otherwise a troll, sign up only if you intend on campaigning seriously.
PeriodicPatriot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2014 12:02:57 PM
At 2/15/2014 11:55:36 AM, bubbatheclown wrote:
Current candidates:

1. Noumena
2. Bubbatheclown
3. progressivedem22
4. PeriodicPatriot

Since the three people who are running besides me are all liberal, methinks I'll have the Republican nomination to myself. Of course, there's still time for a Republican to sign up.

Of course, it is not required to create a candidate with the same political views as you have. If you're a conservative you can make your candidate liberal if you want to. If you're a liberal you can make your candidate conservative if you want to.

However, I ask that no one who intends on trolling sign up. Even if you're otherwise a troll, sign up only if you intend on campaigning seriously.

Wait. Are we starting round one now?

bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2014 12:14:54 PM
At 2/15/2014 12:02:57 PM, PeriodicPatriot wrote:
At 2/15/2014 11:55:36 AM, bubbatheclown wrote:
Current candidates:

1. Noumena
2. Bubbatheclown
3. progressivedem22
4. PeriodicPatriot

Wait. Are we starting round one now?

No, it's not time yet. I think I'll start it sometime Monday.