Jump to topic:

Dumb idea: Start NOTdebate.org

Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 2:12:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Certain users here have little to no interest in the actual debate section of this site (which it was named for), but prefer to be loud mouths...

Stalin being decent example, has about 3000 forum posts 2400 poll votes, and 150 remaining (anyone know what percentile of his get deleted?) poll questions; which is far far more than his debates (which seem to mainly be noob snipes, for FF wins).

So how about a website NOTdebate.org where no one has to man up and prove their side better than the others? No refinement of arguments at all. They can just hang out, complain, make endless meaningless polls, slander each other, make videos, circlej (I mean circletalk, please ignore the J.), whatever; all without the rude and intimidating idea of graded debates looming on that top navigation bar.

A free option to meet most of the same ends, would be to start a group in facebook.com, or a free forum website like runboard.com.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 2:17:48 PM
At 2/18/2014 2:12:54 PM, Ragnar wrote:
Certain users here have little to no interest in the actual debate section of this site (which it was named for), but prefer to be loud mouths...

Stalin being decent example, has about 3000 forum posts 2400 poll votes, and 150 remaining (anyone know what percentile of his get deleted?) poll questions; which is far far more than his debates (which seem to mainly be noob snipes, for FF wins).

So how about a website NOTdebate.org where no one has to man up and prove their side better than the others? No refinement of arguments at all. They can just hang out, complain, make endless meaningless polls, slander each other, make videos, circlej (I mean circletalk, please ignore the J.), whatever; all without the rude and intimidating idea of graded debates looming on that top navigation bar.

A free option to meet most of the same ends, would be to start a group in facebook.com, or a free forum website like runboard.com.

Or we can make it informal policy not to feed trolls who only past, and just issue them debate challenge after debate challenge about the topics they circlejerk about. They'll eventually get tired of no one responding, take debates, lose, and then leave.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
NightofTheLivingCats
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 2:21:17 PM
At 2/18/2014 2:17:48 PM, bluesteel wrote:

Or we can make it informal policy not to feed trolls who only past, and just issue them debate challenge after debate challenge about the topics they circlejerk about. They'll eventually get tired of no one responding, take debates, lose, and then leave.

kfc
Mysterious_Stranger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 2:27:58 PM
At 2/18/2014 2:21:17 PM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:

kfc
Turn around, go back.
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 2:28:28 PM
At 2/18/2014 2:27:58 PM, Mysterious_Stranger wrote:

kfc
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9
NightofTheLivingCats
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 2:32:10 PM
At 2/18/2014 2:28:28 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

kfc
Mysterious_Stranger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 2:32:56 PM
At 2/18/2014 2:32:10 PM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:

kfc
Turn around, go back.
NightofTheLivingCats
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 2:34:47 PM
At 2/18/2014 2:32:56 PM, Mysterious_Stranger wrote:

kfc
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 2:35:59 PM
At 2/18/2014 2:34:47 PM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:

kfc
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9
NightofTheLivingCats
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 2:38:53 PM
At 2/18/2014 2:35:59 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

kfc
Mysterious_Stranger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 2:39:04 PM

kfc
Turn around, go back.
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 2:39:41 PM
At 2/18/2014 2:39:04 PM, Mysterious_Stranger wrote:

kfc
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9
Mysterious_Stranger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 2:40:38 PM
At 2/18/2014 2:39:41 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

kfc
Turn around, go back.
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 2:41:28 PM
At 2/18/2014 2:40:38 PM, Mysterious_Stranger wrote:

kfc
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9
Mysterious_Stranger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 2:43:14 PM
At 2/18/2014 2:41:28 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

kfc
Turn around, go back.
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 2:43:52 PM
At 2/18/2014 2:43:14 PM, Mysterious_Stranger wrote:
At 2/18/2014 2:41:28 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

kfc
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9
DudeStop
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 2:49:49 PM

kfc