Total Posts:85|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The arithmetic mean of intelligence on DDO.

themohawkninja
Posts: 816
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 8:52:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
When I found out about this place months ago, I figured that it would be a great place to finally meet my match at debating. The whole site is dedicated to logic. It vehemently opposes the use of emotion to make one's point, because that... that is a logical fallacy.

Such a feeling of joy was short-lived however, as I began to notice the anti-evolutionist Christians, the radical feminists, and the other various short-tempered close-minded people that aren't really in a specific category.

At first, I couldn't make much sense of the large amount of close-mindedness on a site that is probably (at least in intention) the most logical site on the Internet. That being said, I think I have figured out why at least some of that aforementioned large group of close-minded people seem to love this site.

My idea is that many close-minded people, who have long been deprived of the ego they so desperately crave to satisfy that the Earth was really made only tens of thousands of years ago and that men should be enslaved by a matriarchal reign of "equality" see how this site is all about debating, and see it as an opportunity to justify their beliefs. They might lose a petty argument on some Internet site, but here... here they can cite all the sources they want and actually win, by a vote of the people, a justification of why THEY are right, and all of science and common sense is wrong.

Anyone else here think that this explains at least a few people on this site?
"Morals are simply a limit to man's potential."~Myself

Political correctness is like saying you can't have a steak, because a baby can't eat one ~Unknown
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 9:16:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/18/2014 8:52:36 PM, themohawkninja wrote:
When I found out about this place months ago, I figured that it would be a great place to finally meet my match at debating. The whole site is dedicated to logic. It vehemently opposes the use of emotion to make one's point, because that... that is a logical fallacy.

Such a feeling of joy was short-lived however, as I began to notice the anti-evolutionist Christians, the radical feminists, and the other various short-tempered close-minded people that aren't really in a specific category.

At first, I couldn't make much sense of the large amount of close-mindedness on a site that is probably (at least in intention) the most logical site on the Internet. That being said, I think I have figured out why at least some of that aforementioned large group of close-minded people seem to love this site.

My idea is that many close-minded people, who have long been deprived of the ego they so desperately crave to satisfy that the Earth was really made only tens of thousands of years ago and that men should be enslaved by a matriarchal reign of "equality" see how this site is all about debating, and see it as an opportunity to justify their beliefs. They might lose a petty argument on some Internet site, but here... here they can cite all the sources they want and actually win, by a vote of the people, a justification of why THEY are right, and all of science and common sense is wrong.

Anyone else here think that this explains at least a few people on this site?

I honestly don't see many people this site who have extreme positions (i.e. young earth creationism, communism) actually putting their positions up for debates.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Ragnar
Posts: 1,658
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 10:32:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The mean is thrown off by outliers, as some members are actually proof of negative IQs (I did not think such was possible, but have had my eyes opened to it).

There are plenty of smart people, and some good debates... However like anywhere else, there's a lot of muck to wade through.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 10:35:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/18/2014 9:16:31 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 2/18/2014 8:52:36 PM, themohawkninja wrote:
When I found out about this place months ago, I figured that it would be a great place to finally meet my match at debating. The whole site is dedicated to logic. It vehemently opposes the use of emotion to make one's point, because that... that is a logical fallacy.

Such a feeling of joy was short-lived however, as I began to notice the anti-evolutionist Christians, the radical feminists, and the other various short-tempered close-minded people that aren't really in a specific category.

At first, I couldn't make much sense of the large amount of close-mindedness on a site that is probably (at least in intention) the most logical site on the Internet. That being said, I think I have figured out why at least some of that aforementioned large group of close-minded people seem to love this site.

My idea is that many close-minded people, who have long been deprived of the ego they so desperately crave to satisfy that the Earth was really made only tens of thousands of years ago and that men should be enslaved by a matriarchal reign of "equality" see how this site is all about debating, and see it as an opportunity to justify their beliefs. They might lose a petty argument on some Internet site, but here... here they can cite all the sources they want and actually win, by a vote of the people, a justification of why THEY are right, and all of science and common sense is wrong.

Anyone else here think that this explains at least a few people on this site?

I honestly don't see many people this site who have extreme positions (i.e. young earth creationism, communism) actually putting their positions up for debates.

Entirely agree. I have never seen anyone actually take up an YE position unless they are trolling or just trying to prove they can with by disproving a certain wording of a resolution. I have not even seen full utilitarianism ( me and you both discussed this as well).

I think the most extremest stances are "gays are going to burn in hell because they are gay"

At least open extreme stance. I sure there are some people who take extreme left or extreme right
YYW
Posts: 36,391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 10:48:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I don't give a sh!t if the crazies are willing to "defend" their arguments or not, because debating with someone like a young earth creationist, a birther, a 9/11 truther, a zoophile, or Rand Paul would -for me- be as much an exercise in stupidity as it would be an exercise in futility.

Thankfully, these people are the minority. Their perspectives are worthless, and are dismissible on their face. Frankly, I'm glad that they don't argue more than they do, because I don't want to see their sh!t on DDO.
Tsar of DDO
themohawkninja
Posts: 816
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 8:10:25 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/18/2014 10:35:47 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 2/18/2014 9:16:31 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 2/18/2014 8:52:36 PM, themohawkninja wrote:
When I found out about this place months ago, I figured that it would be a great place to finally meet my match at debating. The whole site is dedicated to logic. It vehemently opposes the use of emotion to make one's point, because that... that is a logical fallacy.

Such a feeling of joy was short-lived however, as I began to notice the anti-evolutionist Christians, the radical feminists, and the other various short-tempered close-minded people that aren't really in a specific category.

At first, I couldn't make much sense of the large amount of close-mindedness on a site that is probably (at least in intention) the most logical site on the Internet. That being said, I think I have figured out why at least some of that aforementioned large group of close-minded people seem to love this site.

My idea is that many close-minded people, who have long been deprived of the ego they so desperately crave to satisfy that the Earth was really made only tens of thousands of years ago and that men should be enslaved by a matriarchal reign of "equality" see how this site is all about debating, and see it as an opportunity to justify their beliefs. They might lose a petty argument on some Internet site, but here... here they can cite all the sources they want and actually win, by a vote of the people, a justification of why THEY are right, and all of science and common sense is wrong.

Anyone else here think that this explains at least a few people on this site?

I honestly don't see many people this site who have extreme positions (i.e. young earth creationism, communism) actually putting their positions up for debates.

Entirely agree. I have never seen anyone actually take up an YE position unless they are trolling or just trying to prove they can with by disproving a certain wording of a resolution. I have not even seen full utilitarianism ( me and you both discussed this as well).

I think the most extremest stances are "gays are going to burn in hell because they are gay"

At least open extreme stance. I sure there are some people who take extreme left or extreme right

Actually I did a very legit debate on the Young Earth Theory by someone that had quite a bit of research and evidence to back his side up.

Granted, as I showed, the evidence was very faulty and the experiments that made the evidence was poorly done, but it was a very serious attempt at proving Young Earth Creationism.
"Morals are simply a limit to man's potential."~Myself

Political correctness is like saying you can't have a steak, because a baby can't eat one ~Unknown
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 8:30:49 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/18/2014 8:57:18 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Dumb people exist and wander all four corners of the world. They are simply bound to end up on DDO.

Dude, the earth is not flat.
My work here is, finally, done.
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 10:09:27 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/19/2014 8:30:49 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/18/2014 8:57:18 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Dumb people exist and wander all four corners of the world. They are simply bound to end up on DDO.

Dude, the earth is not flat.

Example one of the idiotic people on this site.
Nolite Timere
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 10:10:56 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/19/2014 10:09:27 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 2/19/2014 8:30:49 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/18/2014 8:57:18 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Dumb people exist and wander all four corners of the world. They are simply bound to end up on DDO.

Dude, the earth is not flat.

Example one of the idiotic people on this site.

??? QQ
My work here is, finally, done.
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 10:23:30 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/19/2014 10:10:56 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/19/2014 10:09:27 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 2/19/2014 8:30:49 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/18/2014 8:57:18 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Dumb people exist and wander all four corners of the world. They are simply bound to end up on DDO.

Dude, the earth is not flat.

Example one of the idiotic people on this site.

??? QQ

lol I was just trolling
Nolite Timere
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 10:24:13 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/19/2014 10:23:30 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 2/19/2014 10:10:56 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/19/2014 10:09:27 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 2/19/2014 8:30:49 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/18/2014 8:57:18 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Dumb people exist and wander all four corners of the world. They are simply bound to end up on DDO.

Dude, the earth is not flat.

Example one of the idiotic people on this site.

??? QQ

lol I was just trolling

Good, because I thought it was a clever joke on my part.
My work here is, finally, done.
GarretKadeDupre
Posts: 2,023
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 12:00:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/18/2014 9:16:31 PM, bluesteel wrote:
I honestly don't see many people this site who have extreme positions (i.e. young earth creationism, communism) actually putting their positions up for debates.

At 2/18/2014 10:35:47 PM, Mikal wrote:
Entirely agree. I have never seen anyone actually take up an YE position unless they are trolling or just trying to prove they can with by disproving a certain wording of a resolution.

At 2/18/2014 10:48:08 PM, YYW wrote:
I don't give a sh!t if the crazies are willing to "defend" their arguments or not, because debating with someone like a young earth creationist, a birther, a 9/11 truther, a zoophile, or Rand Paul would -for me- be as much an exercise in stupidity as it would be an exercise in futility.

Thankfully, these people are the minority. Their perspectives are worthless, and are dismissible on their face. Frankly, I'm glad that they don't argue more than they do, because I don't want to see their sh!t on DDO.

My debate is sh!t? :(

http://www.debate.org...
Proof that people witnessed living dinosaurs:
http://www.debate.org...
Zaradi
Posts: 14,127
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 12:25:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/19/2014 12:00:18 PM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:
At 2/18/2014 9:16:31 PM, bluesteel wrote:
I honestly don't see many people this site who have extreme positions (i.e. young earth creationism, communism) actually putting their positions up for debates.

At 2/18/2014 10:35:47 PM, Mikal wrote:
Entirely agree. I have never seen anyone actually take up an YE position unless they are trolling or just trying to prove they can with by disproving a certain wording of a resolution.

At 2/18/2014 10:48:08 PM, YYW wrote:
I don't give a sh!t if the crazies are willing to "defend" their arguments or not, because debating with someone like a young earth creationist, a birther, a 9/11 truther, a zoophile, or Rand Paul would -for me- be as much an exercise in stupidity as it would be an exercise in futility.

Thankfully, these people are the minority. Their perspectives are worthless, and are dismissible on their face. Frankly, I'm glad that they don't argue more than they do, because I don't want to see their sh!t on DDO.

My debate is sh!t? :(

http://www.debate.org...

Yup.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 2:31:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/19/2014 12:00:18 PM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:

My debate is sh!t? :(

http://www.debate.org...

It looks like Roy is beating you so far, but props for having the balls to defend such a difficult position against the site's top ranked debater.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
GarretKadeDupre
Posts: 2,023
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 2:32:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/19/2014 2:31:32 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 2/19/2014 12:00:18 PM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:

My debate is sh!t? :(

http://www.debate.org...

It looks like Roy is beating you so far, but props for having the balls to defend such a difficult position against the site's top ranked debater.

Lol thanks.
Proof that people witnessed living dinosaurs:
http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Posts: 36,391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 4:39:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/19/2014 12:00:18 PM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:
At 2/18/2014 9:16:31 PM, bluesteel wrote:
I honestly don't see many people this site who have extreme positions (i.e. young earth creationism, communism) actually putting their positions up for debates.

At 2/18/2014 10:35:47 PM, Mikal wrote:
Entirely agree. I have never seen anyone actually take up an YE position unless they are trolling or just trying to prove they can with by disproving a certain wording of a resolution.

At 2/18/2014 10:48:08 PM, YYW wrote:
I don't give a sh!t if the crazies are willing to "defend" their arguments or not, because debating with someone like a young earth creationist, a birther, a 9/11 truther, a zoophile, or Rand Paul would -for me- be as much an exercise in stupidity as it would be an exercise in futility.

Thankfully, these people are the minority. Their perspectives are worthless, and are dismissible on their face. Frankly, I'm glad that they don't argue more than they do, because I don't want to see their sh!t on DDO.

My debate is sh!t? :(

http://www.debate.org...

All modern science says you're wrong.
Tsar of DDO
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 4:41:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/19/2014 4:39:55 PM, YYW wrote:
At 2/19/2014 12:00:18 PM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:
At 2/18/2014 9:16:31 PM, bluesteel wrote:
I honestly don't see many people this site who have extreme positions (i.e. young earth creationism, communism) actually putting their positions up for debates.

At 2/18/2014 10:35:47 PM, Mikal wrote:
Entirely agree. I have never seen anyone actually take up an YE position unless they are trolling or just trying to prove they can with by disproving a certain wording of a resolution.

At 2/18/2014 10:48:08 PM, YYW wrote:
I don't give a sh!t if the crazies are willing to "defend" their arguments or not, because debating with someone like a young earth creationist, a birther, a 9/11 truther, a zoophile, or Rand Paul would -for me- be as much an exercise in stupidity as it would be an exercise in futility.

Thankfully, these people are the minority. Their perspectives are worthless, and are dismissible on their face. Frankly, I'm glad that they don't argue more than they do, because I don't want to see their sh!t on DDO.

My debate is sh!t? :(

http://www.debate.org...

All modern science says you're wrong.

I wish science would speak to me too QQ
sadolite
Posts: 8,842
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 4:42:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
"The whole site is dedicated to logic." EEEHHHH YA
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
YYW
Posts: 36,391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 4:42:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/19/2014 4:41:20 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 2/19/2014 4:39:55 PM, YYW wrote:
At 2/19/2014 12:00:18 PM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:
At 2/18/2014 9:16:31 PM, bluesteel wrote:
I honestly don't see many people this site who have extreme positions (i.e. young earth creationism, communism) actually putting their positions up for debates.

At 2/18/2014 10:35:47 PM, Mikal wrote:
Entirely agree. I have never seen anyone actually take up an YE position unless they are trolling or just trying to prove they can with by disproving a certain wording of a resolution.

At 2/18/2014 10:48:08 PM, YYW wrote:
I don't give a sh!t if the crazies are willing to "defend" their arguments or not, because debating with someone like a young earth creationist, a birther, a 9/11 truther, a zoophile, or Rand Paul would -for me- be as much an exercise in stupidity as it would be an exercise in futility.

Thankfully, these people are the minority. Their perspectives are worthless, and are dismissible on their face. Frankly, I'm glad that they don't argue more than they do, because I don't want to see their sh!t on DDO.

My debate is sh!t? :(

http://www.debate.org...

All modern science says you're wrong.

I wish science would speak to me too QQ

It's not that science spoke to Garrett specifically, but rather that science has already spoken to the world and Garrett is saying "nuh-uh!"
Tsar of DDO
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 4:44:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/19/2014 4:42:41 PM, YYW wrote:
At 2/19/2014 4:41:20 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 2/19/2014 4:39:55 PM, YYW wrote:
At 2/19/2014 12:00:18 PM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:
At 2/18/2014 9:16:31 PM, bluesteel wrote:
I honestly don't see many people this site who have extreme positions (i.e. young earth creationism, communism) actually putting their positions up for debates.

At 2/18/2014 10:35:47 PM, Mikal wrote:
Entirely agree. I have never seen anyone actually take up an YE position unless they are trolling or just trying to prove they can with by disproving a certain wording of a resolution.

At 2/18/2014 10:48:08 PM, YYW wrote:
I don't give a sh!t if the crazies are willing to "defend" their arguments or not, because debating with someone like a young earth creationist, a birther, a 9/11 truther, a zoophile, or Rand Paul would -for me- be as much an exercise in stupidity as it would be an exercise in futility.

Thankfully, these people are the minority. Their perspectives are worthless, and are dismissible on their face. Frankly, I'm glad that they don't argue more than they do, because I don't want to see their sh!t on DDO.

My debate is sh!t? :(

http://www.debate.org...

All modern science says you're wrong.

I wish science would speak to me too QQ

It's not that science spoke to Garrett specifically, but rather that science has already spoken to the world and Garrett is saying "nuh-uh!"

^^
GarretKadeDupre
Posts: 2,023
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 5:35:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/19/2014 4:39:55 PM, YYW wrote:
At 2/19/2014 12:00:18 PM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

All modern science says you're wrong.

Want to do this exact same debate with me after this one is over?
Proof that people witnessed living dinosaurs:
http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Posts: 36,391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 6:16:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/19/2014 5:35:53 PM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:
At 2/19/2014 4:39:55 PM, YYW wrote:
At 2/19/2014 12:00:18 PM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

All modern science says you're wrong.

Want to do this exact same debate with me after this one is over?

Not in the least. As I've said above, it would be a waste of my time.
Tsar of DDO
GarretKadeDupre
Posts: 2,023
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 6:35:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/19/2014 6:16:16 PM, YYW wrote:
At 2/19/2014 5:35:53 PM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:
At 2/19/2014 4:39:55 PM, YYW wrote:
At 2/19/2014 12:00:18 PM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

All modern science says you're wrong.

Want to do this exact same debate with me after this one is over?

Not in the least. As I've said above, it would be a waste of my time.

Because I'm a crazie. Right.
Proof that people witnessed living dinosaurs:
http://www.debate.org...
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 10:05:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/18/2014 8:52:36 PM, themohawkninja wrote:
...as I began to notice the anti-evolutionist Christians, the radical feminists, and the other various short-tempered close-minded people that aren't really in a specific category.

You confuse "being stupid" with "being wrong." It takes an intelligent person to rationalize a very wrong idea. Moreover, because they are intelligent they have the confidence to argue the rationalization.

There are many, many examples. Back the 1980's, the Union of Concerned Scientists (which actually doesn't have many scientists as members) assembled a list of Nobel Prize winners who signed a statement that the Star Wars ballistic missile defense system was impossible. Nobel Prize winners are not stupid, there is no question about that. However, they get the Nobel Prize for expertise in science, and ballistic missile defense is an engineering problem. Quite obviously the system is not impossible to build, just very difficult. It took a long time, but was ultimately successful. Saying it was impossible was full-fledged "dumb."

William Shockley, who invented the transistor and was a racist. Linus Pauling, who won two Nobel Prizes, thought Vitamin C was a cure-all; it isn't. Brilliant linguist Noam Chomsky has dumb political ideas, rationalized for acceptance by dumb campus intellectuals. Many brilliant people believe in YEC, although it is completely unsustainable.

The thing to recognize is that people keep ideas in separate compartments. People have a need to have a theory about anything, and smart people build foolish theories and keep them. It doesn't mean their other ideas are wrong. Larry the Cable Guy summarized, "You people think rednecks are stupid until you need us to start your car."

A classic work on the subject is Michael Shermer's book, "Why People Believe Weird Things." Well worth reading if you really care.
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 10:18:34 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
It also sounds like that book is awful, because that's a nonsense explanation of why people have "dumb" ideas. Everything is relevant, not just a part of some overarching need to have an opinion about everything.
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 10:21:32 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Remember you got incredibly flustered about Obama and Obamacare? It was like, "Oh no! My health!! Leave it alone, it's currently working!!" lol... sorry to laugh, I don't want you to die Roy.
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 1:13:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/21/2014 10:21:32 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Remember you got incredibly flustered about Obama and Obamacare? It was like, "Oh no! My health!! Leave it alone, it's currently working!!" lol... sorry to laugh, I don't want you to die Roy.

I have no idea what you are trying to say, but I'll agree that death in general seems unavoidable.

The topic of the thread is whether having a radically wrong idea means a person is unintelligent. I gave examples and argument as to why having a very wrong idea does not mean a person is stupid. I can't figure out if you are addressing the thread topic, or just can't resist making a stupid personal attack.
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 1:36:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/21/2014 1:13:01 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
At 2/21/2014 10:21:32 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Remember you got incredibly flustered about Obama and Obamacare? It was like, "Oh no! My health!! Leave it alone, it's currently working!!" lol... sorry to laugh, I don't want you to die Roy.

I have no idea what you are trying to say, but I'll agree that death in general seems unavoidable.

The topic of the thread is whether having a radically wrong idea means a person is unintelligent. I gave examples and argument as to why having a very wrong idea does not mean a person is stupid. I can't figure out if you are addressing the thread topic, or just can't resist making a stupid personal attack.

Touchy, touchy. I remember you bringing up that book before. A nice "intellectual" way for you to skirt arguments you can't rebut. Also, well, I genuinely think as such about you and your politics. Just putting it to you. Not reall a personal attack. I just have an interest in the moral foundations of people's positions, is all. That's where people are most likely to be influenced, after all. You might consider it just more effective argument =)

You'd wonder why anyone makes any sort of argument that transcends their own existence, though, wouldn't you?