Jump to topic:

Extra Extra read all about it

Frodobaggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2010 7:50:37 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
TheLwerd admits to vote bombing and justifies it: "Second, the only reason I ‘vote bombed’ was in retaliation."

Read the full story here:
http://ddofans.com...
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2010 7:55:01 AM
I think I'll post my rebuttal here as profile discussions are too restricted.

I used deductive reasoning to figure out who I thought v-bombed me (LM and you) time and time again based on who I thought I pissed off or whatever

What deductive reasoning? Enlighten me.

It seems I was 100% right about you and some others before your pussycatted out and changed your votes hehe but thank you, I appreciate it! Better late than never I always say.

Talk about believing what you wanna believe. :D I doubt mongeese changed his votes and know for fact that any vote I've made on any of your debates have remained static. Your more than free to try and prove me wrong though. How fortunate that these vote tabs list the date at which votes were last updated. ;)

Anyway I was never part of The Cleaners and I have always accepted and spoke out about how v-bombing was a natural part of this site."

What do you mean by "natural?" If it's anything which the cleaners were opposed to, I find that hard to believe. You yourself have complained about it on many occasions and have apparently been quick to retaliate against those whom you merely suspect of doing it.

But as you know, I have been bombed over and over and over again and it means little to me"

It means little to you, yet you feel inclined to retaliate via vote bombing? :/
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2010 8:01:57 AM
what I thought was interesting was that she pretty much always throws down the big7

Then again I've never voted, so I've never had to make such decisions personally and have no record to back up my self righteous comments :)
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2010 9:30:38 AM
What I don't understand is why Lwerd would go on such a revenge streak if she didn't care about this herself, or why she blocked wjm. Stuff just doesn't add up.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2010 4:13:58 PM
At 1/21/2010 9:30:38 AM, Volkov wrote:
What I don't understand is why Lwerd would go on such a revenge streak if she didn't care about this herself, or why she blocked wjm. Stuff just doesn't add up.

If you presume lwerd isn't a lying, hypocritical b*tch it doesn't add up. If you presume the contrary, it makes a lot of sense indeed.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2010 4:15:18 PM
At 1/21/2010 4:13:58 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
At 1/21/2010 9:30:38 AM, Volkov wrote:

If you presume lwerd isn't a lying, hypocritical b*tch it doesn't add up. If you presume the contrary, it makes a lot of sense indeed.

QFMFT.
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2010 4:25:40 PM
At 1/21/2010 8:01:57 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
what I thought was interesting was that she pretty much always throws down the big7

I generally vote 7. Other people's choice to use discretion in more accurately distributing the points is completely their choice; I don't see my actions as "vote bombing" one little bit. Last I checked, "vote bombing" meant something different.

Then again, I usually only vote when I think there's a really clear winner i.e. multiple forfeits, incoherent responses, epic win or similar.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2010 4:31:53 PM
At 1/21/2010 4:28:59 PM, wonderwoman wrote:
why is this a big deal? who honestly cares

Anyone with a bone of honesty or integrity in their body I'd presume. Or anybody who doesn't accept being lied or preached to by the only person actually guilty of her own accusations.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2010 4:35:53 PM

It's a part of the smear Lwerd campaign. Notice how she became the poster child of the "vote bombers" and everyone else (that they accused) is basically off the hook.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
philosphical
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2010 4:36:57 PM
Anyone with a bone of honesty or integrity in their body I'd presume. Or anybody who doesn't accept being lied or preached to by the only person actually guilty of her own accusations.

I say who gives a F*** whether she vote bombed or not. Does it actually matter? does it actually jump up and physically harm your? Is your pride so strong that you can't stand to lose a stupid debate over the internet? I mean serously. NO.ONE.CARES.

Get over it. If you feel it was wrong then let karma get to her.
But stop whining and crying over something stupid like this.
If your only goal on this site is to win, and not to have fun, then YOU HAVE PROBLEMS.
Your mouths writing checks that your @ss can't cash!
MTGandP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2010 4:41:27 PM
At 1/21/2010 4:36:57 PM, philosphical wrote:
I mean serously. NO.ONE.CARES.

I think what you really mean is, "I don't care." You are unjustifiedly extrapolating your views to the whole of humanity.

The backlash against this vote bombing isn't just about unjust voting. It's about injustice and dishonesty, which will not be tolerated. The reason that I care more about this than about most other vote bombers is because Lwerd is actually a real debater, and I respect her so I care when she does something dishonest.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2010 4:43:52 PM
At 1/21/2010 4:35:53 PM, OreEle wrote:

It's a part of the smear Lwerd campaign. Notice how she became the poster child of the "vote bombers" and everyone else (that they accused) is basically off the hook.

Errm... that's because Lwerd and Vi are clearly the only ones who have vote bombed at all, and everyone they accused is off the hook because, well, they never vote bombed in the first place.

Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2010 4:43:55 PM

Society is bound by honourable conduct. Or at least the pretense of it.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2010 4:46:10 PM
At 1/21/2010 4:36:57 PM, philosphical wrote:
Get over it. If you feel it was wrong then let karma get to her.

You serious?

Who's whining and crying?

If your only goal on this site is to win, and not to have fun, then YOU HAVE PROBLEMS.

If you can't see past the fact that she's got a set of t*ts long enough to realise that Lwerd is in the wrong, and you can't objectively comment on such, YOU HAVE PROBLEMS.

InquireTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2010 4:48:05 PM
When people put a great deal of effort into their debates, is it really so shallow as to wish that your effort can at least be afforded with the simple acknowledgement of the victory that is due? When someone votes against you for the sole purpose of seeing you lose, not because you actually deserve a loss, but because they wish to see you (1) lose for their gain or (2) lose because they don't like you, how can you see this NOT as a problem. Moreover, when this person not only maliciously votes against you, but even gives you the common courtesy of lying directly to you about it, I imagine you may get upset (I know I would).

Now which of these people is of a lower moral integrity? The one being voted against or the one doing the voting? For those who are so obtuse as to be surprised that some people actually take pride in their work and do in fact LIKE to win on a debate site, I suggest you reevaluate your reasons for defending TheLwerds actions. Why in the world are you defending such hypocritically vindicative actions?
philosphical
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2010 4:49:51 PM

The backlash against this vote bombing isn't just about unjust voting. It's about injustice and dishonesty, which will not be tolerated.

Correction. This "injustice" will not be tolerated by you. Can't speak for humanity ;-)

The reason that I care more about this than about most other vote bombers is because Lwerd is actually a real debater, and I respect her so I care when she does something dishonest.

I just don't see how giving people crap about it is going to help it at all.
Whether she did or not, thats her own deal. Maybe both her and her girlfriend both conveniently disliked the same debates and voted conveniently the same? (very unlikely, but you never know.)
Either way, one of the priviliges of being on this site is being able to vote seven points. If she wants to vote "dis-honestly", then let her. That's her decision and all that will do is ruin others opinions of her and lose their respect for her. (which no one should really care about anyway.)
I just don't see what your trying to get out of her. To admit she's wrong? Why? What purpose does it suit you?
Just let her be.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2010 4:51:03 PM
At 1/21/2010 4:31:53 PM, leet4A1 wrote:

I think this is why leet's mad:
Posted by leet4A1 2 hours ago
Lwerd: "Lee -- I voted before I read your request. I can always change it and erase my votes, but ironically enough you got more points than I did from my vote lol. I voted like this -- Before debate (Tie), After debate (Con), Conduct (Tie), Spelling and Grammar (Tie), Arguments (Pro) and Sources (Con) ... So even though I have all ties but 2 to me and 1 to you, because I gave you the vote for most convincing arguments, you're actually beating me... I'm the only one who voted and the score is 3-2. So! My voting actually helps you lol but I will refrain from voting if you want :)"

meanwhile she voted 7 against him lol
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2010 4:51:40 PM
At 1/21/2010 4:43:52 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
At 1/21/2010 4:35:53 PM, OreEle wrote:

Errm... that's because Lwerd and Vi are clearly the only ones who have vote bombed at all, and everyone they accused is off the hook because, well, they never vote bombed in the first place.

Really? So everyone has been looked into as a full investigation? And the results are somewhere that show that these two are the main vote bombers?

I'll finish going through this weekend to see if people are voting 100% against or 100% for any individuals. Since that is the basis of Vi's vote bombing, she votes 100% for theLwerd, we must hold the same true for everyone, if you vote 100% for someone or 100% against someone (in the large scheme of things, not like 2/2, but if it is 16/16 or 0/16, that should suffice).
philosphical
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2010 4:53:17 PM
At 1/21/2010 4:48:05 PM, InquireTruth wrote:
When people put a great deal of effort into their debates, is it really so shallow as to wish that your effort can at least be afforded with the simple acknowledgement of the victory that is due? When someone votes against you for the sole purpose of seeing you lose, not because you actually deserve a loss, but because they wish to see you (1) lose for their gain or (2) lose because they don't like you, how can you see this NOT as a problem. Moreover, when this person not only maliciously votes against you, but even gives you the common courtesy of lying directly to you about it, I imagine you may get upset (I know I would).

Now which of these people is of a lower moral integrity? The one being voted against or the one doing the voting? For those who are so obtuse as to be surprised that some people actually take pride in their work and do in fact LIKE to win on a debate site, I suggest you reevaluate your reasons for defending TheLwerds actions. Why in the world are you defending such hypocritically vindicative actions?

Im not defending her. Im saying that there is just a whole lot of useless drama about essentially nothing. Phil gave us all the privilege of having 7 vote points, and whether we use them to vote dis-honestly or not, who cares. Unless you voting with like 5 accounts, it really isnt that big of a deal.
philosphical
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2010 4:56:30 PM

Uh, you guys obviously.

If you can't see past the fact that she's got a set of t*ts long enough to realise that Lwerd is in the wrong, and you can't objectively comment on such, YOU HAVE PROBLEMS.

Dude I dont even like Lwerd. Im just saying you all need to clean out your VG's for a minute and stop crying over stupid stuff.

I don't have anything against you leet.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2010 4:57:15 PM
At 1/21/2010 4:53:17 PM, philosphical wrote:
At 1/21/2010 4:48:05 PM, InquireTruth wrote:

Im not defending her. Im saying that there is just a whole lot of useless drama about essentially nothing. Phil gave us all the privilege of having 7 vote points, and whether we use them to vote dis-honestly or not, who cares. Unless you voting with like 5 accounts, it really isnt that big of a deal.

Exactly, there were people that voted for Obama just because of who he is, not because of his policies (and same to John McCain), it happens in every election, sad but true. Even though they could be vote bombing, it is still their right to vote that way.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2010 4:57:23 PM
At 1/21/2010 4:51:03 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 1/21/2010 4:31:53 PM, leet4A1 wrote:

I think this is why leet's mad:
Posted by leet4A1 2 hours ago
Lwerd: "Lee -- I voted before I read your request. I can always change it and erase my votes, but ironically enough you got more points than I did from my vote lol. I voted like this -- Before debate (Tie), After debate (Con), Conduct (Tie), Spelling and Grammar (Tie), Arguments (Pro) and Sources (Con) ... So even though I have all ties but 2 to me and 1 to you, because I gave you the vote for most convincing arguments, you're actually beating me... I'm the only one who voted and the score is 3-2. So! My voting actually helps you lol but I will refrain from voting if you want :)"

meanwhile she voted 7 against him lol

That's one reason I dislike her but not just because it's me she did it to. It's just a low way to go about things, and it wouldn't matter if it was me or Godsands she did it to, lying is lying, pathetic is pathetic.

I also just found out that when "theLwerd" became "Lwerd" for a brief period, she used that account to 7-vote her own debates. If nobody else can see a problem with this, that's fine, but I can't understand it for the life of me.

leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2010 4:59:42 PM
At 1/21/2010 4:56:30 PM, philosphical wrote:

Uh, you guys obviously.

Well you can call it what you will, but I'll stick with "calling a spade a spade."

Dude I dont even like Lwerd. Im just saying you all need to clean out your VG's for a minute and stop crying over stupid stuff.

As above.

I don't have anything against you leet.

Nor me you; you're as entitled to your opinions as I am.

InquireTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2010 5:00:40 PM
whether we use them to vote dis-honestly or not, who cares.

That's precisely my point. I imagine the person being dishonestly voted against cares. Especially when they were consoled of the contrary ("Oh no dear sire, I did not vote for myself, indeed, I voted for you," she lied). And there was a case where TheLwerd DID vote with both Lwerd and TheLwerd (that's two accounts, same person... how many does it take to be a vote-bomb?).
MTGandP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2010 5:01:40 PM
At 1/21/2010 4:49:51 PM, philosphical wrote:
Either way, one of the priviliges of being on this site is being able to vote seven points. If she wants to vote "dis-honestly", then let her. That's her decision and all that will do is ruin others opinions of her and lose their respect for her. (which no one should really care about anyway.)

One of the privileges of being alive is being able to stab people in the neck. If they want to, then let them. Don't throw them in jail.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2010 5:07:11 PM
At 1/21/2010 5:01:40 PM, MTGandP wrote:
At 1/21/2010 4:49:51 PM, philosphical wrote:

One of the privileges of being alive is being able to stab people in the neck. If they want to, then let them. Don't throw them in jail.

Right. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. And just because you do something, doesn't mean it's good. Hey, that rhymes. :)

What really gets me about all this is the fact that if it was Godsands or DAT or any of the disliked members who did this, they would have been absolutely called out about it by every single member. It's the double-standards that get me.

philosphical
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2010 5:10:47 PM

Well you do have the ability to stab them in the back. And there consequence for that would be to go to jail. But stabbing people in the back is a crime.
Voting all seven points against someone isn't.