Jump to topic:

DDO House of Cards Writers Needed

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 5:43:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Ok if you dont already know, the future DDO Walking Dead miniseries have been scrapped in favor of a DDO House of Cards series, as requested by popular vote a while ago. The DDO House of Cards signup thread will be made almost immediately after the conclusion of the DDO Walking Dead, which is projected to end sometime over the next 2 months or so.

Problem is, writing a DDO version of a political drama is a hell of a lot tougher to do for me then making DDO version of a zombie apocalypse story, since I have a tendency of letting my imagination run wild while crafting stories (Evidence: Nazi's invaded part of Florida and were almost massacred by zombie wolves called reapers until Bullish showed up and scared them off by playing a clarinet badly). Since having a crazy imagination doesnt exactly mix as well with political dramas as it does with zombie apocalypses, I have decided to recruit some fellow DDO'ers to help me construct a general plot for the entire first season of the DDO House of Cards (which will be 10 episodes long).

The job of these writers would be very simple and not time consuming either. All they would have to do is provide input on the first three episode plots I have already crafted (Theyre pretty damn good), and help me craft the plot-line for future episodes of the rest of Season 1. If there are to be future seasons of the DDO House of Cards (which is almost guaranteed to happen), then these same writers would have first dibs on being writers again for the plot-line construction on that season as well.

As for the actual sign-ups though, i'm NOT going to just pick the first 5 idiots who sign up. The actual signup list itself will be capped at 15, but in the end ill only pick 3 or 4 people to help be writers.

Im also not just looking for anybody who considers themselves 'creative' or 'imaginative' to sign up as a writer either. The DDO House of Cards thing is going to be pretty damn big so I want people who know how to write a damn story to be able to actually help me write it, im not recruiting people to help me write the series to become better buddies with them and share a hobby..... That being said, the ones who have the best chance of being chosen as writers would be those who have actually done a story-writing debate at one point and have actually watched a lot of DDO House of Cards. I myself havent watched any part of the series due to my netflix account being shut down, and since im writing a DDO version of something I havent ever even watched I would really appreciate getting input from those who have actually seen the series to help me write a cool DDO version of it.

Lastly, those who sign up to be writers likely wont be given a major role as a character in the actual series itself. I dont want writers to try to push for a plot line that focuses on making them get a huge character in the series, so those who are chosen to be writers will certainly not become a major character in the series. At best they would be a minor character who appears for a few episodes and then becomes irrelevant for the rest of the seires.

So to recap: Writers needed, experience in story-writing is preferred, very few will be chosen, it wont require a lot of your attention, and you likely wont become a big character in the series itself if you elect to be a writer for it. If youre still interested in helping me make this thing, sign your name below.

Remember that only 3 or 4 people will ultimately be chosen out of those who sign up to help me make this thing.

Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 5:45:52 PM
At 2/19/2014 5:43:27 PM, imabench wrote:
Ok if you dont already know, the future DDO Walking Dead miniseries have been scrapped in favor of a DDO House of Cards series, as requested by popular vote a while ago. The DDO House of Cards signup thread will be made almost immediately after the conclusion of the DDO Walking Dead, which is projected to end sometime over the next 2 months or so.

Problem is, writing a DDO version of a political drama is a hell of a lot tougher to do for me then making DDO version of a zombie apocalypse story, since I have a tendency of letting my imagination run wild while crafting stories (Evidence: Nazi's invaded part of Florida and were almost massacred by zombie wolves called reapers until Bullish showed up and scared them off by playing a clarinet badly). Since having a crazy imagination doesnt exactly mix as well with political dramas as it does with zombie apocalypses, I have decided to recruit some fellow DDO'ers to help me construct a general plot for the entire first season of the DDO House of Cards (which will be 10 episodes long).

The job of these writers would be very simple and not time consuming either. All they would have to do is provide input on the first three episode plots I have already crafted (Theyre pretty damn good), and help me craft the plot-line for future episodes of the rest of Season 1. If there are to be future seasons of the DDO House of Cards (which is almost guaranteed to happen), then these same writers would have first dibs on being writers again for the plot-line construction on that season as well.

As for the actual sign-ups though, i'm NOT going to just pick the first 5 idiots who sign up. The actual signup list itself will be capped at 15, but in the end ill only pick 3 or 4 people to help be writers.

Im also not just looking for anybody who considers themselves 'creative' or 'imaginative' to sign up as a writer either. The DDO House of Cards thing is going to be pretty damn big so I want people who know how to write a damn story to be able to actually help me write it, im not recruiting people to help me write the series to become better buddies with them and share a hobby..... That being said, the ones who have the best chance of being chosen as writers would be those who have actually done a story-writing debate at one point and have actually watched a lot of DDO House of Cards. I myself havent watched any part of the series due to my netflix account being shut down, and since im writing a DDO version of something I havent ever even watched I would really appreciate getting input from those who have actually seen the series to help me write a cool DDO version of it.

Lastly, those who sign up to be writers likely wont be given a major role as a character in the actual series itself. I dont want writers to try to push for a plot line that focuses on making them get a huge character in the series, so those who are chosen to be writers will certainly not become a major character in the series. At best they would be a minor character who appears for a few episodes and then becomes irrelevant for the rest of the seires.

So to recap: Writers needed, experience in story-writing is preferred, very few will be chosen, it wont require a lot of your attention, and you likely wont become a big character in the series itself if you elect to be a writer for it. If youre still interested in helping me make this thing, sign your name below.

Remember that only 3 or 4 people will ultimately be chosen out of those who sign up to help me make this thing.

1 bornofgod
2 dadman
3 inferno
4 badger
5 Andoctur
6 MadCornishBiker
7 Kittykittyyumyum123123
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 5:45:52 PM

1 bornofgod
2 dadman
3 inferno
4 badger
5 Andoctur
6 MadCornishBiker
7 Kittykittyyumyum123123
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 5:47:33 PM
At 2/19/2014 5:45:52 PM, Mikal wrote:

1 bornofgod
2 dadman
3 inferno
4 badger
5 Andoctur
6 MadCornishBiker
7 Kittykittyyumyum123123

http://media.tumblr.com...
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 5:49:41 PM
At 2/19/2014 5:47:33 PM, imabench wrote:

1 bornofgod
2 dadman
3 inferno
4 badger
5 Andoctur
6 MadCornishBiker
7 Kittykittyyumyum123123

http://24.media.tumblr.com...
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 5:52:23 PM

1 Jonbonbon

If I don't make it I'll try to be one of the first to the characters list. You can look at my storytelling after the DDOlympics as far as I go in storytelling to see if you like my writing style or not.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9
NightofTheLivingCats
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 5:56:23 PM

1 bornofgod
2 dadman
3 inferno
4 badger
5 Andoctur
6 MadCornishBiker
7 Kittykittyyumyum123123
8 Cats
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 6:12:28 PM
At 2/19/2014 5:56:54 PM, Mikal wrote:
I legit feel bad now

Imas like

http://www.reactiongifs.com...

Yay house of cards is going to start soon!

and im like

http://stream1.gifsoup.com...

Lol, this is perfect XD
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 6:12:30 PM
At 2/19/2014 5:56:23 PM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:

1 bornofgod
2 dadman
3 inferno
4 badger
5 Andoctur
6 MadCornishBiker
7 Kittykittyyumyum123123
8 Cats
Me!!

I'm offended that you didn't even ask me!
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 6:21:50 PM
At 2/19/2014 6:12:30 PM, donald.keller wrote:

1 bornofgod
2 dadman
3 inferno
4 badger
5 Andoctur
6 MadCornishBiker
7 Kittykittyyumyum123123
8 Cats
Me!!

wait, aren't most of the people on that list bogus?
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 6:23:40 PM
At 2/19/2014 6:21:50 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

1 bornofgod
2 dadman
3 inferno
4 badger
5 Andoctur
6 MadCornishBiker
7 Kittykittyyumyum123123
8 Cats
Me!!

Oh holy sh!!!

1 Jonbonbon
2 Me! (dk)
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 6:36:36 PM
If you really need writers that bad, I'll throw my name in. You don't ahve to use me if you don't want to though. I'm probably sh*t anyway >.>
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 7:17:16 PM
At 2/19/2014 6:23:40 PM, donald.keller wrote:
At 2/19/2014 6:21:50 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

1 bornofgod
2 dadman
3 inferno
4 badger
5 Andoctur
6 MadCornishBiker
7 Kittykittyyumyum123123
8 Cats
Me!!

Oh holy sh!!!

1 Jonbonbon
2 Me! (dk)
3 Zaradi
4 Daytonanerd
#FeeltheFreezerBern
yay842
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 8:14:56 PM
At 2/19/2014 5:56:54 PM, Mikal wrote:
I legit feel bad now

Imas like

http://www.reactiongifs.com...

Yay house of cards is going to start soon!

and im like

http://stream1.gifsoup.com...

I have been summoned
30 Important Life Lessons
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
yay842
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 8:15:29 PM
1 Jonbonbon
2 Me! (dk)
3 Zaradi
4 Daytonanerd
5 YAY
30 Important Life Lessons
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
PeriodicPatriot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 6:34:29 PM

1. PeriodicPatriot

I'm not that desperate about writing the story (although I was thinking we could change things a little bit). But if you don't pick me, I wouldn't be in a tantrum. If you're lookin for characters, I could be one of them (again, Im not that desperate, so there is a good chance that I would NOT be one of the main characters or I will be a minor character). I have read your DDO the walking dead, and you are a very good writer, imabench. Keep it up! ;D . And for those who get chosen as writers, well, good luck and I am excited to read DDO house of cards. ;) ;D
Where you can find me besides DDO for a quick chat...

http://bit.ly... (Wattpad)
http://bit.ly... (Quibblo)
http://bit.ly... (Edeb8)

I know I have a different username, so what?
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 7:00:11 PM
At 2/19/2014 8:44:13 PM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:
At 2/19/2014 8:15:29 PM, yay842 wrote:
1 Jonbonbon
2 Me! (dk)
3 Zaradi
4 Daytonanerd
5 YAY
6 NightCats
7 PeriodicPatriot
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9
PeriodicPatriot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 7:13:30 PM
At 2/20/2014 7:00:11 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:
1 Jonbonbon
2 Me! (dk)
3 Zaradi
4 Daytonanerd
5 YAY
6 NightCats
7 PeriodicPatriot

Don't add me!
Where you can find me besides DDO for a quick chat...

http://bit.ly... (Wattpad)
http://bit.ly... (Quibblo)
http://bit.ly... (Edeb8)

I know I have a different username, so what?
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 7:30:10 PM
At 2/20/2014 7:13:30 PM, PeriodicPatriot wrote:
1 Jonbonbon
2 Me! (dk)
3 Zaradi
4 Daytonanerd
5 YAY
6 NightCats
I was wondering why you didn't add your name in the real list.
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 7:38:08 AM
At 2/20/2014 7:30:10 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:
At 2/20/2014 7:13:30 PM, PeriodicPatriot wrote:
1 Jonbonbon
2 Me! (dk)
3 Zaradi
4 Daytonanerd
5 YAY
6 NightCats
13 lannan13
I was wondering why you didn't add your name in the real list.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~