Jump to topic:

Open Tournament

Senatus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 10:41:29 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
This is my first attempt at creating a tournament. Because of that, I will be leaving it open people to join. If we could get 16 people to sign up, then we might be able to get this to work. If not, we could do it with 8. My plan would be to divide the 16 people into 4 groups of four, with each debating the others in the group once in a 3 round debate (first round not acceptance). I'll do this by ELO If we could get some designated judges, then we could have them vote. The two debaters with the most points (3 point for a win, 1 for a tie, 0 for a loss), will move on. These wins will be based on judges vote, not general vote. Then, we will have the people who move on in a standard tournament structure with a quarterfinal, a semifinal, and a final. Those would be five round debates. I'll figure this structure out more if there is interest.

I think that we will leave this debate open for people to choose a debate topic themselves. The only restriction is that they have to be serious (no trolling contests), and that they have to be actual debates. Also, we'll need a few people who would like to be impartial judges. Once again, I don't know how much interest this will get, but the more people willing to vote on a few debates the better.

Participants so far:
1. Senatus

Judges:
(Please note that this is not the maximum amount of judges we can have)

Anybody who thinks that they can keep up with this tournament without forfeiting is welcome. People who have completed a few debates and have done well will be higher priority for this debate than people who have not completed debates or people who forfeit a lot of debates. The start date will depend on when we have enough people.
JustAnotherGuy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 3:17:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/25/2014 10:41:29 AM, Senatus wrote:
This is my first attempt at creating a tournament. Because of that, I will be leaving it open people to join. If we could get 16 people to sign up, then we might be able to get this to work. If not, we could do it with 8. My plan would be to divide the 16 people into 4 groups of four, with each debating the others in the group once in a 3 round debate (first round not acceptance). I'll do this by ELO If we could get some designated judges, then we could have them vote. The two debaters with the most points (3 point for a win, 1 for a tie, 0 for a loss), will move on. These wins will be based on judges vote, not general vote. Then, we will have the people who move on in a standard tournament structure with a quarterfinal, a semifinal, and a final. Those would be five round debates. I'll figure this structure out more if there is interest.

I think that we will leave this debate open for people to choose a debate topic themselves. The only restriction is that they have to be serious (no trolling contests), and that they have to be actual debates. Also, we'll need a few people who would like to be impartial judges. Once again, I don't know how much interest this will get, but the more people willing to vote on a few debates the better.

Participants so far:
1. Senatus

Judges:
1. JustAnotherGuy
(Please note that this is not the maximum amount of judges we can have)

Anybody who thinks that they can keep up with this tournament without forfeiting is welcome. People who have completed a few debates and have done well will be higher priority for this debate than people who have not completed debates or people who forfeit a lot of debates. The start date will depend on when we have enough people.