Jump to topic:

All right, that's enough...

dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2014 11:31:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
So I looked at the site about a day ago, and I saw a revolution. I never thought anything that was pure idiocy would bring me back to this site, but it did. Apparently, some people want to overrun the moderators?

So I felt like coming back to get caught up in the drama. Maybe debate with some more morons, I dunno. Bottom line is, the whole revolution needs to stop.

Also, I think 000like created a meme that I saw once that "no person leaves DDO" or something. I hereby declare that meme true :P
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2014 11:35:46 PM
At 3/1/2014 11:31:15 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
So I looked at the site about a day ago, and I saw a revolution. I never thought anything that was pure idiocy would bring me back to this site, but it did. Apparently, some people want to overrun the moderators?

I think the desire to overrun (do you mean overthrow?) the moderators has been overstated. I think it was mostly just for fun without any actual intent (though some might have had some complaints) - at least as far as I can tell.

So I felt like coming back to get caught up in the drama. Maybe debate with some more morons, I dunno. Bottom line is, the whole revolution needs to stop.

You should do some debates with some smart people. It's more rewarding.

Also, I think 000like created a meme that I saw once that "no person leaves DDO" or something. I hereby declare that meme true :P

Welcome back.
Debate.org Moderator
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2014 11:38:13 PM
At 3/1/2014 11:35:46 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

I think the desire to overrun (do you mean overthrow?) the moderators has been overstated. I think it was mostly just for fun without any actual intent (though some might have had some complaints) - at least as far as I can tell.

Even if so, I am still unhappy with some members and would like to change the way they act (if it is possible.)

There are probably only three smart-person debates a day (see for yourself :P) and I'm usually taking a nap on the couch when someone accepts them.

Welcome back.

Thanks.
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2014 11:44:00 PM
At 3/1/2014 11:38:13 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
At 3/1/2014 11:35:46 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Even if so, I am still unhappy with some members and would like to change the way they act (if it is possible.)

Fair enough.

There are probably only three smart-person debates a day (see for yourself :P) and I'm usually taking a nap on the couch when someone accepts them.

Be the change that you want to see.

Seek out a smart person to do a debate with you and increase the number of quality debates on the site.

Welcome back.

Thanks.
Debate.org Moderator
yay842
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2014 11:56:58 PM

dont worry, the Revolution cant do sh*t. its not even serious
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2014 8:38:16 AM
Excuse me if I am wrong, but doesn't one have to control /own the website to over throw or change anything? Like a bunch of squawking users could do anything except maybe get permanently banned at the request of the moderators.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2014 10:26:13 AM
The revolution? It's a joke lol. I believe it was started as a joke to counter the former "DDO Congress" I set up, which ended up being a colossal failure due to lack of interest.

For goodness' sake, we've been talking about drones -- I'm pretty sure none of us one of the bloody things. And if we did, what could we possibly do? Drop a hellfire missile on our computer screen? That would help....

So yeah it's a joke.
progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2014 10:26:35 AM
At 3/2/2014 10:26:13 AM, progressivedem22 wrote:
The revolution? It's a joke lol. I believe it was started as a joke to counter the former "DDO Congress" I set up, which ended up being a colossal failure due to lack of interest.

For goodness' sake, we've been talking about drones -- I'm pretty sure none of us one of the bloody things. And if we did, what could we possibly do? Drop a hellfire missile on our computer screen? That would help....

So yeah it's a joke.

*own
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2014 1:38:22 PM

So they want to return Debate.org to the age of uncensored trolls?