Jump to topic:

All right, that's enough...

dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2014 11:31:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
So I looked at the site about a day ago, and I saw a revolution. I never thought anything that was pure idiocy would bring me back to this site, but it did. Apparently, some people want to overrun the moderators?

So I felt like coming back to get caught up in the drama. Maybe debate with some more morons, I dunno. Bottom line is, the whole revolution needs to stop.

Also, I think 000like created a meme that I saw once that "no person leaves DDO" or something. I hereby declare that meme true :P
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2014 11:35:46 PM
At 3/1/2014 11:31:15 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
So I looked at the site about a day ago, and I saw a revolution. I never thought anything that was pure idiocy would bring me back to this site, but it did. Apparently, some people want to overrun the moderators?

I think the desire to overrun (do you mean overthrow?) the moderators has been overstated. I think it was mostly just for fun without any actual intent (though some might have had some complaints) - at least as far as I can tell.

So I felt like coming back to get caught up in the drama. Maybe debate with some more morons, I dunno. Bottom line is, the whole revolution needs to stop.

You should do some debates with some smart people. It's more rewarding.

Also, I think 000like created a meme that I saw once that "no person leaves DDO" or something. I hereby declare that meme true :P

Welcome back.
Debate.org Moderator
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2014 11:38:13 PM
At 3/1/2014 11:35:46 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

I think the desire to overrun (do you mean overthrow?) the moderators has been overstated. I think it was mostly just for fun without any actual intent (though some might have had some complaints) - at least as far as I can tell.

Even if so, I am still unhappy with some members and would like to change the way they act (if it is possible.)

There are probably only three smart-person debates a day (see for yourself :P) and I'm usually taking a nap on the couch when someone accepts them.

Welcome back.

Thanks.
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2014 11:44:00 PM
At 3/1/2014 11:38:13 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
At 3/1/2014 11:35:46 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Even if so, I am still unhappy with some members and would like to change the way they act (if it is possible.)

Fair enough.

There are probably only three smart-person debates a day (see for yourself :P) and I'm usually taking a nap on the couch when someone accepts them.

Be the change that you want to see.

Seek out a smart person to do a debate with you and increase the number of quality debates on the site.

Welcome back.

Thanks.
Debate.org Moderator
yay842
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2014 11:56:58 PM

dont worry, the Revolution cant do sh*t. its not even serious
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2014 8:38:16 AM
Excuse me if I am wrong, but doesn't one have to control /own the website to over throw or change anything? Like a bunch of squawking users could do anything except maybe get permanently banned at the request of the moderators.
I am not what you think I am. You ARE what you think I am
progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2014 10:26:13 AM
The revolution? It's a joke lol. I believe it was started as a joke to counter the former "DDO Congress" I set up, which ended up being a colossal failure due to lack of interest.

For goodness' sake, we've been talking about drones -- I'm pretty sure none of us one of the bloody things. And if we did, what could we possibly do? Drop a hellfire missile on our computer screen? That would help....

So yeah it's a joke.
progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2014 10:26:35 AM
At 3/2/2014 10:26:13 AM, progressivedem22 wrote:
The revolution? It's a joke lol. I believe it was started as a joke to counter the former "DDO Congress" I set up, which ended up being a colossal failure due to lack of interest.

For goodness' sake, we've been talking about drones -- I'm pretty sure none of us one of the bloody things. And if we did, what could we possibly do? Drop a hellfire missile on our computer screen? That would help....

So yeah it's a joke.

*own
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2014 1:38:22 PM

So they want to return Debate.org to the age of uncensored trolls?