Jump to topic:

There should be Delete Option

Krazzy_Player
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 12:38:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
The delete option in comments, Forums is very essential for users as it provides the opportunity to correct the errors made. Every other site has this option but not DDO. DDO relies heavily on its moderator to do most of the work. If delete option is available the moderators work is reduced. I'm wondering, Why there is no such option over here?
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 10:38:12 AM
At 3/5/2014 12:38:12 AM, Krazzy_Player wrote:
The delete option in comments, Forums is very essential for users as it provides the opportunity to correct the errors made. Every other site has this option but not DDO. DDO relies heavily on its moderator to do most of the work. If delete option is available the moderators work is reduced. I'm wondering, Why there is no such option over here?

You should talk to a moderator about it... ;P

I actually don't know though. It's a good thread, which is why I'm bumping it.

Thus I declare this thread: bumped. PMF
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 10:41:30 AM
I'd like to be able to delete my own comments, but I don't want to be able to delete other people's. The latter gives too much leeway to use the delete option inappropriately.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 12:06:29 PM
At 3/5/2014 10:41:30 AM, bsh1 wrote:
I'd like to be able to delete my own comments, but I don't want to be able to delete other people's. The latter gives too much leeway to use the delete option inappropriately.
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 4:28:11 PM

I agree. We should be able to delete our own comments, forum posts, polls, or opinions. I think we should also be able to delete our own debate if both debaters agree.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 4:32:10 PM
Just tack it onto the long list of things that Riot already doesn't really have time to work on.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 4:32:31 PM
At 3/5/2014 4:32:10 PM, Zaradi wrote:
Just tack it onto the long list of things that Juggle already doesn't really have time to work on.

Fixed. I play way too much League.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
LuckyStars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 4:42:33 PM
At 3/5/2014 4:28:11 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

I agree. We should be able to delete our own comments, forum posts, polls, or opinions. I think we should also be able to delete our own debate if both debaters agree.

We can do the debate thing already.
LuckyStars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 4:43:35 PM
At 3/5/2014 4:32:10 PM, Zaradi wrote:
Just tack it onto the long list of things that Riot already doesn't really have time to work on.

o_O Riot owns DDO now?
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 4:44:17 PM
At 3/5/2014 4:42:33 PM, LuckyStars wrote:

You can get one of your own debates deleted without asking a mod??
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Actionsspeak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 4:44:17 PM

If would be rude to have someone made a 10 minute argument only to see his opponent deleted the original comment.
LuckyStars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 4:45:42 PM
At 3/5/2014 4:44:17 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/5/2014 4:42:33 PM, LuckyStars wrote:

You can get one of your own debates deleted without asking a mod??

If you ask Airmax he can do it... Sorry for giving you false hope lol.
Krazzy_Player
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2014 6:34:44 AM
At 3/5/2014 4:44:17 PM, Actionsspeak wrote:

If would be rude to have someone made a 10 minute argument only to see his opponent deleted the original comment.

I'm not saying that, I meant only which we make in comments, forums, Polls etc. Even I don't believe deleting the other peoples comments.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2014 6:47:09 AM
It's kind of good actually since you have to think hard about what you want to say. And gives the whole, you know, "whatever you put up on the internet will stay there"

But seriously though, I agree! For the delete option!
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.