Total Posts:29|Showing Posts:1-29
Jump to topic:

In defense of cannibalism

bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 8:07:43 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
It's not on YYW's list of "morally wrong" subjects. Ergo, it is morally right.

Also, there is no logical reason not to allow it in cases of extreme need [like the Donner party or a shipwreck awaiting rescue] or when the "dinner" has given prior consent to be eaten upon his or her death.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
imabench
Posts: 21,216
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 8:08:49 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
bluesteel if it wasnt funny the first time what makes you think the third time around would be any better?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 8:13:34 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/5/2014 8:08:49 AM, imabench wrote:
bluesteel if it wasnt funny the first time what makes you think the third time around would be any better?

this: http://en.wikipedia.org...

also YYW's expected reaction
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
kbub
Posts: 1,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 9:01:56 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
This will sound strange, but I will defend cannibalism. I think it is actually more moral than eating meat from the grocery store.
Jonbonbon
Posts: 2,760
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 9:03:57 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/5/2014 9:01:56 AM, kbub wrote:
This will sound strange, but I will defend cannibalism. I think it is actually more moral than eating meat from the grocery store.

What if the human was taken from a personal supply of sex slaves that are constantly underfed and abused and then was cooked alive?
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...
kbub
Posts: 1,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 9:17:30 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/5/2014 9:03:57 AM, Jonbonbon wrote:
At 3/5/2014 9:01:56 AM, kbub wrote:
This will sound strange, but I will defend cannibalism. I think it is actually more moral than eating meat from the grocery store.

What if the human was taken from a personal supply of sex slaves that are constantly underfed and abused and then was cooked alive?

Pretty much my point. They aren't (by law and culture and happenstance), so it is far less unethical than the nonhuman animals who are imprisoned, abused, psychotic, malnourished, morbidly obese, genetically modified sex slaves. If that were the case with humans, it would be undoubtedly unethical.
Jonbonbon
Posts: 2,760
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 9:21:30 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/5/2014 9:17:30 AM, kbub wrote:
At 3/5/2014 9:03:57 AM, Jonbonbon wrote:
At 3/5/2014 9:01:56 AM, kbub wrote:
This will sound strange, but I will defend cannibalism. I think it is actually more moral than eating meat from the grocery store.

What if the human was taken from a personal supply of sex slaves that are constantly underfed and abused and then was cooked alive?

Pretty much my point. They aren't (by law and culture and happenstance), so it is far less unethical than the nonhuman animals who are imprisoned, abused, psychotic, malnourished, morbidly obese, genetically modified sex slaves. If that were the case with humans, it would be undoubtedly unethical.

Okay I'm just gonna end this here since this doesn't belong in the DDO Forums. It belongs somewhere else.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 9:22:42 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
If someone consents to be killed killed and eaten then it is just assisted suicide with benefits. This means that every person that supports assisted Suisse should logically also support canibalism with consent.
Nolite Timere
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 9:25:57 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/5/2014 9:17:30 AM, kbub wrote:
At 3/5/2014 9:03:57 AM, Jonbonbon wrote:
At 3/5/2014 9:01:56 AM, kbub wrote:
This will sound strange, but I will defend cannibalism. I think it is actually more moral than eating meat from the grocery store.

What if the human was taken from a personal supply of sex slaves that are constantly underfed and abused and then was cooked alive?

Pretty much my point. They aren't (by law and culture and happenstance), so it is far less unethical than the nonhuman animals who are imprisoned, abused, psychotic, malnourished, morbidly obese, genetically modified sex slaves. If that were the case with humans, it would be undoubtedly unethical.

On what basis do you equate animals with humans?
ADreamOfLiberty
Posts: 1,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 9:34:39 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/5/2014 8:08:49 AM, imabench wrote:
bluesteel if it wasnt funny the first time what makes you think the third time around would be any better?

It made me laugh.
LOL, yeah, it's pretty amazing how they think they can "reason" with you. - Sidewalker, speaking of advocates for sexual deviancy.

So, my advice, Liberty, is to go somewhere else. Leave, and never come back. - YYW

And that's what I did. Contact me at http://www.edeb8.com... by the same user name if you have anything you'd like to say.
ADreamOfLiberty
Posts: 1,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 9:37:54 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/5/2014 9:17:30 AM, kbub wrote:
At 3/5/2014 9:03:57 AM, Jonbonbon wrote:
At 3/5/2014 9:01:56 AM, kbub wrote:
This will sound strange, but I will defend cannibalism. I think it is actually more moral than eating meat from the grocery store.

What if the human was taken from a personal supply of sex slaves that are constantly underfed and abused and then was cooked alive?

Pretty much my point. They aren't (by law and culture and happenstance), so it is far less unethical than the nonhuman animals who are imprisoned, abused, psychotic, malnourished, morbidly obese, genetically modified sex slaves. If that were the case with humans, it would be undoubtedly unethical.

I don't know, sounds like in that state somebody is more likely to want the misery to end than anyone else. Yes I get the irony of that observation.
LOL, yeah, it's pretty amazing how they think they can "reason" with you. - Sidewalker, speaking of advocates for sexual deviancy.

So, my advice, Liberty, is to go somewhere else. Leave, and never come back. - YYW

And that's what I did. Contact me at http://www.edeb8.com... by the same user name if you have anything you'd like to say.
kbub
Posts: 1,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 9:51:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/5/2014 9:37:54 AM, ADreamOfLiberty wrote:
At 3/5/2014 9:17:30 AM, kbub wrote:
At 3/5/2014 9:03:57 AM, Jonbonbon wrote:
At 3/5/2014 9:01:56 AM, kbub wrote:
This will sound strange, but I will defend cannibalism. I think it is actually more moral than eating meat from the grocery store.

What if the human was taken from a personal supply of sex slaves that are constantly underfed and abused and then was cooked alive?

Pretty much my point. They aren't (by law and culture and happenstance), so it is far less unethical than the nonhuman animals who are imprisoned, abused, psychotic, malnourished, morbidly obese, genetically modified sex slaves. If that were the case with humans, it would be undoubtedly unethical.

I don't know, sounds like in that state somebody is more likely to want the misery to end than anyone else. Yes I get the irony of that observation.

Yes. Awful isn't it. Unfortunately most nonhuman animals have not evolved suicide. However, most pigs have self-destructive behavior. Instead, they are forced to breed so that their children may be made to go through the same Hell.
thett3
Posts: 14,344
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 10:07:28 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/5/2014 9:51:23 AM, kbub wrote:
At 3/5/2014 9:37:54 AM, ADreamOfLiberty wrote:
At 3/5/2014 9:17:30 AM, kbub wrote:
At 3/5/2014 9:03:57 AM, Jonbonbon wrote:
At 3/5/2014 9:01:56 AM, kbub wrote:
This will sound strange, but I will defend cannibalism. I think it is actually more moral than eating meat from the grocery store.

What if the human was taken from a personal supply of sex slaves that are constantly underfed and abused and then was cooked alive?

Pretty much my point. They aren't (by law and culture and happenstance), so it is far less unethical than the nonhuman animals who are imprisoned, abused, psychotic, malnourished, morbidly obese, genetically modified sex slaves. If that were the case with humans, it would be undoubtedly unethical.

I don't know, sounds like in that state somebody is more likely to want the misery to end than anyone else. Yes I get the irony of that observation.

Yes. Awful isn't it. Unfortunately most nonhuman animals have not evolved suicide. However, most pigs have self-destructive behavior. Instead, they are forced to breed so that their children may be made to go through the same Hell.

I actually get what you're saying to an extent. I would never argue that eating animals is immoral, but some of our treatment of them just might be. Today even most people with the means to do so are too lazy and squeamish to raise and slaughter their own animals to ensure they're well cared for, and indeed we're so discomforted by the thought that it's been pushed to the fringes. Today most farm animals live miserable lives in effective cages. I have no problem with owning a cow that grazes and killing and eating it. That's just the way of things. But I think I do have a problem with keeping a cow imprisoned it's entire life.

Today for most Americans meat comes in nice, pre wrapped packages. There isn't much thought to the animal who was sacrificed for the meal. There's actually a *lot* to be said on the effects of this kind of thing on our society but I don't have to the time nor patience. All I know is that the respect for the animal is basically lost for this world. The Native American prayed to the spirit of the deer he killed for forgiveness. We could do worse than to go back to that.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
ADreamOfLiberty
Posts: 1,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 10:49:13 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/5/2014 10:07:28 AM, thett3 wrote:
The Native American prayed to the spirit of the deer he killed for forgiveness.

I doubt he got it very often.
LOL, yeah, it's pretty amazing how they think they can "reason" with you. - Sidewalker, speaking of advocates for sexual deviancy.

So, my advice, Liberty, is to go somewhere else. Leave, and never come back. - YYW

And that's what I did. Contact me at http://www.edeb8.com... by the same user name if you have anything you'd like to say.
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 11:35:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/5/2014 10:11:51 AM, MassiveDump wrote:
At 3/5/2014 9:22:42 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
suicide with benefits.

Kinky.

My god hahaha
Nolite Timere
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 11:36:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
If someone consents to be killed and eaten then it is just assisted suicide with benefits. This means that every person that supports assisted Suicide should logically also support canibalism with consent.
Nolite Timere
ADreamOfLiberty
Posts: 1,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 12:25:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/5/2014 11:36:58 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
If someone consents to be killed and eaten then it is just assisted suicide with benefits. This means that every person that supports assisted Suicide should logically also support canibalism with consent.

You're right, and I would not interfere with such a thing.

I long for the day when we can grow organs without brains so we can have meat without killing...
LOL, yeah, it's pretty amazing how they think they can "reason" with you. - Sidewalker, speaking of advocates for sexual deviancy.

So, my advice, Liberty, is to go somewhere else. Leave, and never come back. - YYW

And that's what I did. Contact me at http://www.edeb8.com... by the same user name if you have anything you'd like to say.
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 12:49:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/5/2014 10:11:51 AM, MassiveDump wrote:
At 3/5/2014 9:22:42 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
suicide with benefits.

Kinky.

This is getting dangerously close to necrophilia
Nolite Timere
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 12:49:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/5/2014 12:25:34 PM, ADreamOfLiberty wrote:
At 3/5/2014 11:36:58 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
If someone consents to be killed and eaten then it is just assisted suicide with benefits. This means that every person that supports assisted Suicide should logically also support canibalism with consent.

You're right, and I would not interfere with such a thing.

I long for the day when we can grow organs without brains so we can have meat without killing...

Lol I honestly cannot tell if you are a troll or not.
Nolite Timere
ADreamOfLiberty
Posts: 1,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 1:06:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/5/2014 12:49:11 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
This is getting dangerously close to necrophilia

Oh no! don't touch it. lol

At 3/5/2014 12:49:47 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Lol I honestly cannot tell if you are a troll or not.

It shouldn't be that hard. I am very consistent in adherence to my professed principles. If that's what makes a troll...
LOL, yeah, it's pretty amazing how they think they can "reason" with you. - Sidewalker, speaking of advocates for sexual deviancy.

So, my advice, Liberty, is to go somewhere else. Leave, and never come back. - YYW

And that's what I did. Contact me at http://www.edeb8.com... by the same user name if you have anything you'd like to say.
YYW
Posts: 36,287
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 1:08:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
It's interesting to see the lengths bluesteel went to see my reaction, and it's even more interesting that to see my reaction was why he did this.

It's so clear now that the forum is a better place because of all the of bluesteels troll/spam threads, too!

lol
Tsar of DDO
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 1:15:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/5/2014 1:06:24 PM, ADreamOfLiberty wrote:
At 3/5/2014 12:49:11 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
This is getting dangerously close to necrophilia

Oh no! don't touch it. lol

At 3/5/2014 12:49:47 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Lol I honestly cannot tell if you are a troll or not.

It shouldn't be that hard. I am very consistent in adherence to my professed principles. If that's what makes a troll...

You seem to have almost no moral qualms. Either that or you are a social anarchist.
Nolite Timere
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 1:16:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/5/2014 1:08:12 PM, YYW wrote:
It's interesting to see the lengths bluesteel went to see my reaction, and it's even more interesting that to see my reaction was why he did this.

It's so clear now that the forum is a better place because of all the of bluesteels troll/spam threads, too!

lol

On another note I learned that ADreamofLiberty sees nothing wrong with beastiality and cannabilism.
Nolite Timere
YYW
Posts: 36,287
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 1:20:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/5/2014 1:16:39 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 3/5/2014 1:08:12 PM, YYW wrote:
It's interesting to see the lengths bluesteel went to see my reaction, and it's even more interesting that to see my reaction was why he did this.

It's so clear now that the forum is a better place because of all the of bluesteels troll/spam threads, too!

lol

On another note I learned that ADreamofLiberty sees nothing wrong with beastiality and cannabilism.

We all learn so many things.
Tsar of DDO
ADreamOfLiberty
Posts: 1,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 1:25:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/5/2014 1:15:39 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 3/5/2014 1:06:24 PM, ADreamOfLiberty wrote:
At 3/5/2014 12:49:11 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 3/5/2014 12:49:47 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Lol I honestly cannot tell if you are a troll or not.

It shouldn't be that hard. I am very consistent in adherence to my professed principles. If that's what makes a troll...

You seem to have almost no moral qualms.

By quantity I have few, by quality and consistency I am more self-righteous than a room full of cardinals. If you cared that you couldn't argue with someone who doubted your moral qualms you could probably thin your own herd of them down a little.

Either that or you are a social anarchist.

I am no anarchist. I do not reject the concept of law, only immoral laws.

At 3/5/2014 1:16:39 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
On another note I learned that ADreamofLiberty sees nothing wrong with beastiality and cannabilism.

bestiality... not beastiality; you sharing spell checkers with YYW?
LOL, yeah, it's pretty amazing how they think they can "reason" with you. - Sidewalker, speaking of advocates for sexual deviancy.

So, my advice, Liberty, is to go somewhere else. Leave, and never come back. - YYW

And that's what I did. Contact me at http://www.edeb8.com... by the same user name if you have anything you'd like to say.
YYW
Posts: 36,287
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 2:03:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/5/2014 8:07:43 AM, bluesteel wrote:
It's not on YYW's list of "morally wrong" subjects. Ergo, it is morally right.

Also, there is no logical reason not to allow it in cases of extreme need [like the Donner party or a shipwreck awaiting rescue] or when the "dinner" has given prior consent to be eaten upon his or her death.

Let's review the claims you've made, because these threads are getting hard to follow:

1) DDO's not allowing advocacy of pedophilia, beastiality or incest will lead to Game of Thrones, the literature of Vladimir Nabikov and myriad debates far and wide being banned on DDO.

(2) Any regulation of any kind on any speech necessarily places DDO policy on a slippery slope toward fascist oblivion. Therefore, advocacy of pedophilia, beastiality or incest must be allowed because if not, we risk becoming the online equivalent of Nazi Germany.

(3) Bluesteel's opinions which object to YYW's opinions are more preferable because... why? They are Bluesteel's opinions. Bluesteel's standard for what constitutes a good opinion is non existent, other than bluesteel's own opinion. Neat, right? When Bluesteel does't like something, like the bible or YYW's opinion, Bluesteel's opinion should be preferred because... bluesteel says so!

(4) Only restricting advocacy of pedophilia, beastiality or incest is arbitrary because there is no reason why they should be restricted -and arbitrary rules are bad.

(5) YYW's proposal that advocacy of pedophilia, beastiality or incest should not be permitted for discussion on DDO is an opinion and should be discounted because all opinions are subjective and not objective.

(6) The only way we can have objective anything is the Bible, but we can't have that because it says some stuff that Bluesteel doesn't like! So, out with that! No objective standard for you! ...or for anyone, because of Bluesteel's opinion.

(7) As an effort to counter YYW's arbitrary moralism, Bluesteel thinks it perfectly acceptable to post 435 threads on the DDO main column because Bluesteel thinks YYW is being ridiculous so that means Bluesteel can act like a jackass too.

^Oh, this is "appealing to the sanity" of the community.
Tsar of DDO
ADreamOfLiberty
Posts: 1,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 2:40:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/5/2014 2:03:11 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/5/2014 8:07:43 AM, bluesteel wrote:
It's not on YYW's list of "morally wrong" subjects. Ergo, it is morally right.

Also, there is no logical reason not to allow it in cases of extreme need [like the Donner party or a shipwreck awaiting rescue] or when the "dinner" has given prior consent to be eaten upon his or her death.

Let's review the claims you've made, because these threads are getting hard to follow:

Let's review YOU. You're a sexual deviant who advocates the active exclusion of anyone who would dare to openly defend any sexual deviancy other than your own particular variant because you get disgusted.

You're a piece of excrement who should have been banned long ago for your sickening refusal to support anything you say as you carry on hypocritical attacks on dissenters. My god you're a waste of a perfectly good human body.

By the way, that's not an ad hominem, I was trying to discredit your non-existent arguments about anything :p
LOL, yeah, it's pretty amazing how they think they can "reason" with you. - Sidewalker, speaking of advocates for sexual deviancy.

So, my advice, Liberty, is to go somewhere else. Leave, and never come back. - YYW

And that's what I did. Contact me at http://www.edeb8.com... by the same user name if you have anything you'd like to say.
YYW
Posts: 36,287
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 2:41:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/5/2014 2:40:36 PM, ADreamOfLiberty wrote:
At 3/5/2014 2:03:11 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/5/2014 8:07:43 AM, bluesteel wrote:
It's not on YYW's list of "morally wrong" subjects. Ergo, it is morally right.

Also, there is no logical reason not to allow it in cases of extreme need [like the Donner party or a shipwreck awaiting rescue] or when the "dinner" has given prior consent to be eaten upon his or her death.

Let's review the claims you've made, because these threads are getting hard to follow:

Let's review YOU. You're a sexual deviant who advocates the active exclusion of anyone who would dare to openly defend any sexual deviancy other than your own particular variant because you get disgusted.

You're a piece of excrement who should have been banned long ago for your sickening refusal to support anything you say as you carry on hypocritical attacks on dissenters. My god you're a waste of a perfectly good human body.

By the way, that's not an ad hominem, I was trying to discredit your non-existent arguments about anything :p

Sure.
Tsar of DDO