Jump to topic:

Request for "In Defense" Debate Tournament

NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 10:58:38 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Have you ever opened DDO in the morning and noticed that something was missing? I haven't, but anyway.

I request a tournament that will consist of titles with the word "In defense". Not just for controversial stuff like the hebephilia, pedophilia, bestiality, The Weekly Stupid and cannibalism, but also other topics such as creationism, holism, logical positivism, nihilism, absurdism, eductionism, darwinism, luthernaism and antidisestablishmentarianism.

I'm too lazy to organize anything other than my desk, so I hope Mikal, Bsh1 or someone does that.

Sample topics could be...

1- In defense of neo-darwinianism.

2- In defense of panpsychism.

3- In defense of "people getting touched is overrated"ism. (This, I believe, was argued by Richard Dawkins and sparked controversy)

What do you think? If many people support such an idea, I think someone would be tempted to do it. If nobody does support it, that's okay. We'll think of something better.
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 11:38:01 AM
I would go "In Defense of Genocide"
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 11:43:11 AM
At 3/5/2014 11:38:01 AM, TheAntidoter wrote:
I would go "In Defense of Genocide"
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 11:54:59 AM
I was attempting to create a monopoly on the phrase "In defense of". Whatever, stuff happens.

I'll take in defense of a code of public bathroom laws. The laws would include things like.

1. No grunting too loudly. It's disturbing.

2. If a there is 10 urinals and I am the only one in the bathroom urinating. Than don't take the urinal next to mine.

3. No, attempting to have a conversation with me while I urinate.

4. No complimenting my urine flow.

People should be arrested for that stuff. I'm for a defense of very strict authoritarian bathroom laws.
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 11:58:35 AM
I was expecting someone to say "In defense of KFC." I pretty much think we need to contact them and have them put Ads on DDO, as they are mentioned daily.
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 12:13:41 PM
2. If a there is 10 urinals and I am the only one in the bathroom urinating. Than don't take the urinal next to mine.

There was a kid once who stood behind me waiting for his turn, because the bathroom was packed(it was like 5 minutes before the bell rang and classes started). I felt bad for him so I stepped to the left and we shared the same urinal. We were friends ever since.