Total Posts:96|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Political Compass Test

xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 7:08:16 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I know this is something Ore_Ele has traditionally done, but seeing that he hasn't been online in over 4 weeks sadly, I will take initiative to create this forum.

Traditionally this test has been taken every 6 months by DDO members I believe, but the last time this test was taken by the community was about 8 months ago. I believe Ore_Ele stated he was tired of the test and replaced the Political Compass Test with an MBTI test.

We have had an influx of active members lately so I think it would be appropriate that we have the community take the Political Compass test now.

Without further ado:

http://www.politicalcompass.org...

My results:

http://www.politicalcompass.org...

I have moved from a slight Authoritarian right to a slight Libertarian Moderate since the last time I took this test.

Not let's see all y'alls results.
Nolite Timere
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,409
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 7:31:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
"A significant advantage of a one-party state is that it avoids all the arguments that delay progress in a democratic political system."

Don't like how this one is phrased. Of course not delaying progress is an advantage, but that doesn't necessarily mean I agree with a one-party state.
Stooge the Worst

#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,409
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 7:36:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
http://www.politicalcompass.org...
Stooge the Worst

#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
Bullish
Posts: 3,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 8:07:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/8/2014 7:31:29 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
"A significant advantage of a one-party state is that it avoids all the arguments that delay progress in a democratic political system."

Don't like how this one is phrased. Of course not delaying progress is an advantage, but that doesn't necessarily mean I agree with a one-party state.

That's actually one of the questions they answered in the FAQ, using almost exactly your quote.
0x5f3759df
dtaylor971
Posts: 1,907
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 8:22:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/8/2014 8:17:33 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
http://www.politicalcompass.org...

Correction
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
Mikal
Posts: 11,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 9:45:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/8/2014 9:42:30 PM, Mikal wrote:
correction

http://www.politicalcompass.org...

double correction my thing disappeared, but I was like one question off his result lol so almost the same thing.
dtaylor971
Posts: 1,907
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 9:52:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/8/2014 9:45:20 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 3/8/2014 9:42:30 PM, Mikal wrote:
correction

http://www.politicalcompass.org...

double correction my thing disappeared, but I was like one question off his result lol so almost the same thing.

Whoa, I am LITERALLY the same as you
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
Mikal
Posts: 11,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 9:53:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/8/2014 9:52:45 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
At 3/8/2014 9:45:20 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 3/8/2014 9:42:30 PM, Mikal wrote:
correction

http://www.politicalcompass.org...

double correction my thing disappeared, but I was like one question off his result lol so almost the same thing.

Whoa, I am LITERALLY the same as you

I accidentally posted your test lol, but I was like .1 off from you. I was comparing the two and copied yours on mistake. I forgot if it was the top or bottom but we were only .1 off or something
dtaylor971
Posts: 1,907
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 9:54:27 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/8/2014 9:53:56 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 3/8/2014 9:52:45 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
At 3/8/2014 9:45:20 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 3/8/2014 9:42:30 PM, Mikal wrote:
correction

http://www.politicalcompass.org...

double correction my thing disappeared, but I was like one question off his result lol so almost the same thing.

Whoa, I am LITERALLY the same as you

I accidentally posted your test lol, but I was like .1 off from you. I was comparing the two and copied yours on mistake. I forgot if it was the top or bottom but we were only .1 off or something

That would explain it.
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
sadolite
Posts: 9,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 10:01:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
http://www.politicalcompass.org...

Economic Left/Right: 2.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.56
I am not what you think I am. You ARE what you think I am

Jesus loves you but I'm his favorite
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,409
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 10:12:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/8/2014 10:01:44 PM, sadolite wrote:
http://www.politicalcompass.org...

Economic Left/Right: 2.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.56
Stooge the Worst

#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
sadolite
Posts: 9,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 10:26:59 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/8/2014 10:12:05 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
At 3/8/2014 10:01:44 PM, sadolite wrote:
http://www.politicalcompass.org...

Economic Left/Right: 2.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.56

What for you copy
I am not what you think I am. You ARE what you think I am

Jesus loves you but I'm his favorite
sadolite
Posts: 9,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 10:34:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/8/2014 10:26:59 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 3/8/2014 10:12:05 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
At 3/8/2014 10:01:44 PM, sadolite wrote:
http://www.politicalcompass.org...

Economic Left/Right: 2.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.56

What for you copy

Hey, I just noticed my sigs are gone. Whats up with that?
I am not what you think I am. You ARE what you think I am

Jesus loves you but I'm his favorite
TN05
Posts: 4,575
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2014 5:34:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
http://www.politicalcompass.org...

Barely any change compared to my past results (http://www.debate.org...), but I somehow became slightly more authoritarian and left economically even though I would say I've become more libertarian and right-wing economically.
bsh1
Posts: 27,948
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2014 5:49:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I scored as a Liberal/Libertarian in the lower left of the green zone. I'm a bit surprised, since I see myself more as a Liberal/Statist, but whatever.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...

A Debate Challenge: http://www.debate.org...
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2014 5:50:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I ranked Authoritarian Right. I went way east of the line on Right and slightly above the line on Authoritarian.
bsh1
Posts: 27,948
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2014 5:51:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/9/2014 5:49:52 PM, bsh1 wrote:
I scored as a Liberal/Libertarian in the lower left of the green zone. I'm a bit surprised, since I see myself more as a Liberal/Statist, but whatever.

My chart: http://www.politicalcompass.org...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...

A Debate Challenge: http://www.debate.org...