Jump to topic:

A quick update

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2014 7:34:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hey everyone, I just wanted to do a quick update to let you know what has been going on. To cut right to the chase, Alex (chrumbelievable) is Debate.org"s representative, and handles pushing through update requests, fix tickets, SEO, and a lot of Juggle"s representation. I have been informed that she is allocating her time and resources to other Juggle projects for about 2-3 months. What exactly does this mean? To be perfectly honest, I cannot give an answer to this yet, but I have asked and will update you when I get a better understanding. I am certainly hoping that it doesn"t mean the already slow developmental process will be even more slowed, though at this point that is what I am leaning toward this meaning. In reality, nothing really seems to be changing as "resources" for the DDO project have already been apparently pretty low. I have been informed that I am still able to contact Julia for things, and despite this news, will continue to push for the updates members have been requesting at every possible opportunity. I will begin my communication with her promptly. Mikal has been a great help in setting up a presentation to Juggle in an attempt to request better features as a win for both the company and the User Base. We plan on making a video presentation outlining why we think user requested developments are beneficial to the company. Again if anyone wants to help out with this by providing a speech, sources, and different ideas, we would appreciate the help. We"re not giving up on the hope for a better DDO, and we will continue working on non-juggle specific projects in the meantime such that we can better the atmosphere around here. My time and availability to help out with this will loosen up in a week and a half, in which I hope to hit this hard. If you have any comments or questions, I"ll do my best to respond to them with what I know. Thanks!
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2014 7:58:10 AM
At 3/14/2014 7:34:40 AM, TUF wrote:
Hey everyone, I just wanted to do a quick update to let you know what has been going on. To cut right to the chase, Alex (chrumbelievable) is Debate.org"s representative, and handles pushing through update requests, fix tickets, SEO, and a lot of Juggle"s representation. I have been informed that she is allocating her time and resources to other Juggle projects for about 2-3 months. What exactly does this mean? To be perfectly honest, I cannot give an answer to this yet, but I have asked and will update you when I get a better understanding. I am certainly hoping that it doesn"t mean the already slow developmental process will be even more slowed, though at this point that is what I am leaning toward this meaning. In reality, nothing really seems to be changing as "resources" for the DDO project have already been apparently pretty low. I have been informed that I am still able to contact Julia for things, and despite this news, will continue to push for the updates members have been requesting at every possible opportunity. I will begin my communication with her promptly. Mikal has been a great help in setting up a presentation to Juggle in an attempt to request better features as a win for both the company and the User Base. We plan on making a video presentation outlining why we think user requested developments are beneficial to the company. Again if anyone wants to help out with this by providing a speech, sources, and different ideas, we would appreciate the help. We"re not giving up on the hope for a better DDO, and we will continue working on non-juggle specific projects in the meantime such that we can better the atmosphere around here. My time and availability to help out with this will loosen up in a week and a half, in which I hope to hit this hard. If you have any comments or questions, I"ll do my best to respond to them with what I know. Thanks!

You're doing wonderful things for the site, Mr Tuf! I don't have a question, I just wanted to remind you that you're doing fantastic things; that you clearly care about this site, and it shows. Well done and thank you :)
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2014 7:10:51 PM
At 3/14/2014 5:49:37 PM, Zarroette wrote:
Shouldn't this be a sticky, so it isn't lost in the flame-wars?

Thankyou for the above compliments! And I currently do not have the ability to sticky threads, however I also don't see a need to sticky it permanently.

As a further update, I have been informed that developments may still get pushed through to Julia, so I will have to warm up to a new representative. Overall, it shouldn't be too bad however most of the above still applies.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227