Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

How to determine if something is a DDO issue?

NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 11:33:07 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I ask that because most of the posts here are not about DDO issues. Take for example the posts about collecting quotations or about DDO superlatives, which I do find amusing, if not totally incoherent and a good way to play judge and get some social perks around here(much like what Imabench has been doing in his DDO career, if we're charitable enough to call it that), but the question is, are those "DDO issues" which are relevant to this forum? And if not, have you people received warnings from Airmax on such topics?

I say that because I myself received a warning for posting something irrelevant. The warning from AIrmax also had a threatening, Schoolgirl-teacher tone which said "Don't do this again," which reminds me of when I thought a good idea to surprise my ex-girlfriend on Valentine's day was to cross-dress and stand in her room, staring at her, until she woke up. That's mainly why we broke up, she also said heinous remarks about my makeup, which as I pointed out, where nothing more than the fact that she had a different taste.

So I was wondering about this, as I'm not sure what to post anymore on this forum section, which is a good thing to some people, but it is a source of distress to me. It's like I go into a theatrical scene each time I think about posting something, looking at the emptiness that lies beyond me, and thinking to myself in a very curious and yet hesitant tone, "Is this a DDO issue or not a DDO issue?"

Truth of the matter, I don't like to appeal to authorities or governing entities. I have a poster on my room's door which says "Eff the Law", and a rebellious nature in me which makes me wear mismatching socks to boring weddings, so I'm not really interested in reporting anyone, unless they are mature women with good insults, or immature boys who find morbid interest in old men with large pipes in their mouth.

After nights of careful thinking, I came to the conclusion that being confused about whether a topic is a DDO issue is itself a DDO issue, because that problem is relevant to each and every forum user, and so this particular post is justified in carrying this issue across, until it is resolved, and I find some bedrock which I can stand on whenever I reason and try to decide if a particular matter is a DDO issue or not a DDO issue.
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 3:20:04 PM
At 3/15/2014 12:49:42 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
You are my new favourite DDO user, NiqashMotawadi3.

Oh, thanks for that.

The last comment I've read of Sadolite was that those who verbally support pedophilia should be forcefully tortured and killed. I thought that was interesting.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 3:29:11 PM
If the topic is something that clearly fits into a different category (politics, society, personal etc), it should go there, rather than the DDO forums.

Things in this forum should be mostly limited to topics related to the website itself, but I realize that it's not always easy to tell what those things are.

In the case of the topic I told you not to post in the DDO forums, it was obvious that it was more appropriate in another forum. So in cases where a topic is obviously more appropriate to be posted elsewhere, those shouldn't be posted in the DDO forums.
Debate.org Moderator
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 3:30:29 PM
At 3/15/2014 3:20:04 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 3/15/2014 12:49:42 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
You are my new favourite DDO user, NiqashMotawadi3.

Oh, thanks for that.

The last comment I've read of Sadolite was that those who verbally support pedophilia should be forcefully tortured and killed. I thought that was interesting.

Yeah he's a good poster.
rross
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2014 4:53:56 AM
At 3/15/2014 11:33:07 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
I ask that because most of the posts here are not about DDO issues. Take for example the posts about collecting quotations or about DDO superlatives, which I do find amusing, if not totally incoherent and a good way to play judge and get some social perks around here(much like what Imabench has been doing in his DDO career, if we're charitable enough to call it that), but the question is, are those "DDO issues" which are relevant to this forum? And if not, have you people received warnings from Airmax on such topics?

I say that because I myself received a warning for posting something irrelevant. The warning from AIrmax also had a threatening, Schoolgirl-teacher tone which said "Don't do this again," which reminds me of when I thought a good idea to surprise my ex-girlfriend on Valentine's day was to cross-dress and stand in her room, staring at her, until she woke up. That's mainly why we broke up, she also said heinous remarks about my makeup, which as I pointed out, where nothing more than the fact that she had a different taste.

So I was wondering about this, as I'm not sure what to post anymore on this forum section, which is a good thing to some people, but it is a source of distress to me. It's like I go into a theatrical scene each time I think about posting something, looking at the emptiness that lies beyond me, and thinking to myself in a very curious and yet hesitant tone, "Is this a DDO issue or not a DDO issue?"

Truth of the matter, I don't like to appeal to authorities or governing entities. I have a poster on my room's door which says "Eff the Law", and a rebellious nature in me which makes me wear mismatching socks to boring weddings, so I'm not really interested in reporting anyone, unless they are mature women with good insults, or immature boys who find morbid interest in old men with large pipes in their mouth.

Hey - I'm a mature woman with good insults. Are you saying that you'd report me if I ever initiated a forum thread in an inappropriate category? Even though you're fully aware that it might lead to a warning from Airmax, and presumably an undesirable (to me) relocation of my thread?

Wow. I know we've had our differences, but this is extreme. I must have really gotten under your skin for you to consider such a thing. I don't know what to say.

After nights of careful thinking, I came to the conclusion that being confused about whether a topic is a DDO issue is itself a DDO issue, because that problem is relevant to each and every forum user, and so this particular post is justified in carrying this issue across, until it is resolved, and I find some bedrock which I can stand on whenever I reason and try to decide if a particular matter is a DDO issue or not a DDO issue.
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2014 7:41:24 AM
Hey - I'm a mature woman with good insults.

Are you? You're more like a dead woman walking after our last debate.

Even though you're fully aware that it might lead to a warning from Airmax, and presumably an undesirable (to me) relocation of my thread?

Don't appeal to my pathos. I'm a robot.

Wow. I know we've had our differences, but this is extreme. I must have really gotten under your skin for you to consider such a thing. I don't know what to say.

It's not you, it's the whole cotton candy industry which has lead me to prefer robotic life.