Jump to topic:

GCL, Random Shows?

GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 5:11:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Okay, DDO, I have been doing some thinking here... What if I decided to start a show... ??
I have some ideas already, but before I lay them down out for y'all I kinda wanna see what y'all have as ideas? Nothing inappropriate either please. Y'all should know me better than that by now. :)
So let's see what we'll get! :)
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Tophatdoc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 5:24:41 PM
At 3/15/2014 5:11:54 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
Okay, DDO, I have been doing some thinking here... What if I decided to start a show... ??
I have some ideas already, but before I lay them down out for y'all I kinda wanna see what y'all have as ideas? Nothing inappropriate either please. Y'all should know me better than that by now. :)

Well I will have to sabotage you in order stop this lol jk

On a serious note, what would you talk about on this show? Or what would you be doing?

Note: Also you were never on my show either.
"Don't click on my profile. Don't send me friend requests. Don't read my debates. There are many interesting people on DDO. Find one of them. Go find someone exciting and loquacious. Go click on their profile. Go send them friend requests. Go read their debates. Leave me alone." -Tophatdoc
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 5:29:03 PM
I am all for you starting a show. As for what the show is about, I dunno. I guess whatever it is about the site that you like, have it be about that. Or it could be totally random.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 5:32:59 PM
At 3/15/2014 5:24:41 PM, Tophatdoc wrote:

Well I will have to sabotage you in order stop this lol jk
Meanie LOL jk!

On a serious note, what would you talk about on this show? Or what would you be doing?

Uhhh, well, I don't intend on interviewing anyone if that's what you mean... But when I mean random I literally mean random.. Like maybe one day doing songs that everyone wants to me to sing.. Or try to do acting.. (like making myself cry lol)).. write poetry or even having everyone PM me and asking whatever questions they want (appropriate that is) and I answer them all in the video.. and I'm sure there is other things that could be done?.. Idk yet though, that's why I was asking what DDO thinks.. :p

Note: Also you were never on my show either.

Yeah, I know LOL! But I could lol
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 5:33:59 PM
At 3/15/2014 5:29:03 PM, philochristos wrote:
I am all for you starting a show. As for what the show is about, I dunno. I guess whatever it is about the site that you like, have it be about that. Or it could be totally random.

Thank you! And, hmmmmm, sounds good! thanks for your input! :)
"Good Times" ~ Max
BobTurner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 5:37:22 PM
A show? Interesting. Well, best of luck to you. So long as it's better than Imabench's "weekly stupid," I'll tune it haha.
Tophatdoc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 5:38:54 PM
At 3/15/2014 5:32:59 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

Uhhh, well, I don't intend on interviewing anyone if that's what you mean... But when I mean random I literally mean random.. Like maybe one day doing songs that everyone wants to me to sing.. Or try to do acting.. (like making myself cry lol)).. write poetry or even having everyone PM me and asking whatever questions they want (appropriate that is) and I answer them all in the video.. and I'm sure there is other things that could be done?.. Idk yet though, that's why I was asking what DDO thinks.. :p
Songs and poetry would be interesting. I don't know why you would want to cry on camera; that doesn't seem enjoyable. It sounds very excruciating to attempt to make yourself cry in fact.

"Don't click on my profile. Don't send me friend requests. Don't read my debates. There are many interesting people on DDO. Find one of them. Go find someone exciting and loquacious. Go click on their profile. Go send them friend requests. Go read their debates. Leave me alone." -Tophatdoc
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 5:39:42 PM
At 3/15/2014 5:38:54 PM, Tophatdoc wrote:
At 3/15/2014 5:32:59 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

Songs and poetry would be interesting. I don't know why you would want to cry on camera; that doesn't seem enjoyable. It sounds very excruciating to attempt to make yourself cry in fact.

I was exaggerating a bit dear! :)
But okie dokies :)

"Good Times" ~ Max
Josh_b
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 5:42:51 PM
At 3/15/2014 5:37:22 PM, BobTurner wrote:
A show? Interesting. Well, best of luck to you. So long as it's better than Imabench's "weekly stupid," I'll tune it haha.

OH, I know. How about a show that praises people for their debating skills.
Scrutiny Welcome

AMAA http://www.debate.org...
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 5:44:09 PM

Um, I'm nothing like Imabench so it would be kinda hard to do a show like him ... But thank you :)
"Good Times" ~ Max
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 5:44:38 PM
At 3/15/2014 5:42:51 PM, Josh_b wrote:

OH, I know. How about a show that praises people for their debating skills.

Hmmm, that might be nice.. I could add that in as well??
"Good Times" ~ Max
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 6:41:36 PM

So far there hasn't been a single one ;)
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
BobTurner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 6:45:44 PM
At 3/15/2014 6:41:36 PM, imabench wrote:

Haha, I've only seen one episode, but I have to admit, you're pretty darn funny.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 7:31:59 PM
At 3/15/2014 6:41:36 PM, imabench wrote:

Mine's pretty close....
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 7:34:33 PM
Bench, Bob & CP; nice to see y'all chatting and all, buuuuuut any ideas would be helpful pleeeeeaaassseee!!! :) Would greatly appreciate it!
"Good Times" ~ Max
NightofTheLivingCats
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 7:56:21 PM
Well, maybe a Christianity related one? Like debating proofs? As long as its not too "fundie" people would tune in.

We have the forum news.

And the humor.

Knowing you, a religious would be spot on.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 8:12:51 PM
Now that im at my computer i can pitch some advice:

1) Pick something unique

Shows on here tend to do well depending on how unique they are from other shows and how much of it you see on DDO. I feature stupidity (a thriving industry on DDO), CP's show focuses on drama (another thriving industry on DDO), MassiveDump did a show for a while on completely random stuff (which he pulled off spectacularly), and Philocristos' show features interviews with people who are savvy with a webcam....

Any ideas you have for a show should try to be something that hasnt been tried before. If its just a rip off of something else, then people will just tune into the original.

2) Pick something appealing to everyone

Stupidity, drama, and chaotic randomness are all things that appeal very well to people on DDO, and the shows based off those things have thrived as a result. That being said, religion and politics are things I would NOT recommend to base a show off of since they are very touchy and divisive topics. While im sure you could make a great religion show, religiously apathetic people such as myself wouldnt tune into it simply because i really dont care about religion that much, and the same can be said for a lot of other people on DDO

3) Have fun making it

Trust me, theres no point in making a show if you dont have a ton of fun making it. If you dont like making the show, you'll put less effort and enthusiasm into it, and that will in turn lead to less people wanting to watch it. A show that works towards your strengths will help make in enjoyable. (Since im a chaotically evil person, making the weekly stupid fits me beautifully, and you should find something that works great for you)

Hope that kinda helps
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 9:23:52 PM
At 3/15/2014 7:56:21 PM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:
Well, maybe a Christianity related one? Like debating proofs? As long as its not too "fundie" people would tune in.

We have the forum news.

And the humor.

Knowing you, a religious would be spot on.
Funny you said this, and I scroll down to the bottom and Bench says the opposite.. LOL but okie dokie.. Thanks for your input..
"Good Times" ~ Max
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 9:27:38 PM
At 3/15/2014 8:12:51 PM, imabench wrote:
Now that im at my computer i can pitch some advice:
I appreciate your input Bench, however, I wouldn't be able to pull off those things you mentioned.. that's just not in my character.. mmmm idk if I wanna do this now.. ? :/
Your ideas seem to not fit me..
"Good Times" ~ Max
progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 9:28:23 PM
You're gonna start a show? Darn. Looks like you're headed for the dark side.....

I kid, I kid (or do I?). Unfortunately I can't say I have any suggestions, since the things that most people would find interesting -- drama, stupidity, etc. -- are, one, already covered, and two, not characteristic of you lol.

Best of luck to you though!
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 10:03:38 PM
At 3/15/2014 9:28:23 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:
You're gonna start a show? Darn. Looks like you're headed for the dark side.....

I kid, I kid (or do I?). Unfortunately I can't say I have any suggestions, since the things that most people would find interesting -- drama, stupidity, etc. -- are, one, already covered, and two, not characteristic of you lol.

Best of luck to you though!

Yeah, figured that out already.. SOOOOO prolly just gonna stick with doing what I already do :)
"Good Times" ~ Max
kbub
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 10:03:59 PM

Do a show.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 10:04:30 PM
At 3/15/2014 10:03:59 PM, kbub wrote:

Do a show.

Really, but what?
"Good Times" ~ Max
kbub
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 10:05:23 PM
At 3/15/2014 10:04:30 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

Do a show.

Really, but what?

Well, what interests you?
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 10:07:03 PM
At 3/15/2014 10:05:23 PM, kbub wrote:

Do a show.

Really, but what?

music, singing, being silly, writing poetry, learning to play my keyboard, ... answering questions (If I can understand the question that is).. Giving helpful advice (if anyone is willing to take it).. mmm I'm sure there's more, but those are main things..
"Good Times" ~ Max
kbub
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 10:08:02 PM
At 3/15/2014 10:07:03 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

Do a show.

Really, but what?

music, singing, being silly, writing poetry, learning to play my keyboard, ... answering questions (If I can understand the question that is).. Giving helpful advice (if anyone is willing to take it).. mmm I'm sure there's more, but those are main things..

Why don't you choose someone every week to do a musical number with together over video? Or one at a time?
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 10:09:05 PM
At 3/15/2014 10:08:02 PM, kbub wrote:

Do a show.

Really, but what?

Why don't you choose someone every week to do a musical number with together over video? Or one at a time?

welll. I don't have skype or tinychat or anything of the sort to be able to do that? :/
"Good Times" ~ Max
kbub
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 10:10:48 PM
At 3/15/2014 10:09:05 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 3/15/2014 10:08:02 PM, kbub wrote:

Do a show.

Really, but what?

welll. I don't have skype or tinychat or anything of the sort to be able to do that? :/

Are you able to get one? You do videos if I remember correctly, right?