Jump to topic:

LM Classic V2

Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 5:50:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
So with the finals to my tournament around the corner (assuming the rounds get judged soon enough), I'm already thinking about running a second tournament (was thinking about running a mafia tournament, but I don't see how that would feasibly work). Though it'd have to start quite some time after I did my LSAT ([probably after I finish out this semester of college).

Ideally though, I'd like at least twice as many competitors as well as some new rules that take into consideration the flaws with the current tournament as well as just some general insight on who would be interested in participating. Thus, I've created this thread for the purpose of hosting such a discussion. Provide some feedback on what the 2nd tournament should be like. Also, I'm thinking that if I get enough competitors and judges, I might raise the amount of winnings in the prize as well as award the top two competitors.

Here, I'll list a few modifications which I've already thought of:

1) Speed/Strength limits. In other words, I'd place a limit on much strength/speed could be used (i.e. the max amount of strength and sped for characters is 100 tons and 99% light speed). With this rule in mind, it'd be okay to unban characters like Goku

2) No attacks which can cover the entire battlefield. Characters who could destroy planets would be out of luck here.

3) 1 day of Mandatory Prep time (specifics on where the prep time took place as well as whether or not this length of time could be extended would be agreed upon by both contestants in advance.

4) Each contestant would start out with 7 characters on each team, with two of said 7 being on reserves

5) MAYBE tag team matches as the preliminaries if there is any way to work that into a normal tournament (2 teams vs 2 teams) and DDO (i.e. both teams would get 4000 characters to use in the round and 1 of the two people on each team would be posting the rounds

6) New Battlefields. New York City, The Grand Canyon, Mt. Everest, Las Vegas, Venice and Niagra Falls would all be selectable and agreed upon by contestants prior to the match

7) Mandatory Bases of operation for each team.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 7:56:46 PM
I think it's cool.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 8:09:06 PM
I like everything except the incredibly high speed limit. Speed blitz after speed blitz gets old and eliminates a lot of potentially interesting strategies/characters. In fact, an entirely street-level tourney seems more interesting.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 8:11:57 PM
At 1/25/2010 8:09:06 PM, Maikuru wrote:
I like everything except the incredibly high speed limit. Speed blitz after speed blitz gets old and eliminates a lot of potentially interesting strategies/characters. In fact, an entirely street-level tourney seems more interesting.

Agreed. Most of my favorite characters are street-level. And Sentry was just plain annoying.
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 8:15:38 PM
At 1/25/2010 6:53:19 PM, Puck wrote:
How about themed teams?

What do you mean? Each contestant must have a group from a particular fictional faction (i.e The X-men)?
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 8:20:54 PM
At 1/25/2010 8:09:06 PM, Maikuru wrote:

Ha ha. I see. Alright, how about 10% mach speed as being the top speed? I'll consider an entirely street level tourney, but that limits a lot of characters. I put the mandatory prep time in as well as a mandatory base of operations to make it more balanced for the lower level characters.

For instance, I'm thinking each base of operations be equipped with a healing tank (healing one team member within 60 minutes), a transporter allowing items from each character's own respective dimension to be retrieved, provided said items belong to said characters and that this is done a limited amount of times, a high tech laboratory and a super computer. Of course, I'm sure the more craftier contestants could find a way to use this to their advantage as well as disable their opponent's base of operations.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 9:11:38 PM
At 1/25/2010 8:15:38 PM, Logical-Master wrote:
At 1/25/2010 6:53:19 PM, Puck wrote:
How about themed teams?

What do you mean? Each contestant must have a group from a particular fictional faction (i.e The X-men)?

Yar.