Jump to topic:

Debate arguments get horribly out of form

zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 12:49:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I keep trying to post an argument for this debate, but whenever I hit "review" a bunch of the stuff is bunched together. So then I go back and hit make changes, and suddenly there's a million more spaces in between the lines.

So I backspace them out, and make it look how i want to look. Then I hit review again. Once again, lots of the spaces between my different arguments are gone, and the whole thing is one massive blob of text.

Any way to avoid this?
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 12:57:40 PM
Yes, this is horribly annoying.

Type your entire argument in Microsoft word. Then on the where you would post your argument on DDO, you'll find a button with the Microsoft word logo on it. Click on that then copy/paste your argument from Microsoft word into it and click on the insert button.
Nolite Timere
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 1:14:52 PM
At 3/18/2014 12:57:40 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

Type your entire argument in Microsoft word. Then on the where you would post your argument on DDO, you'll find a button with the Microsoft word logo on it. Click on that then copy/paste your argument from Microsoft word into it and click on the insert button.

Hmm... I tried that, but as soon as I hit "insert" it gets all wacked up again. This is driving me nuts, because it looks really bad when I hit to review...

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 1:54:28 PM
At 3/18/2014 1:14:52 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

Hmm... I tried that, but as soon as I hit "insert" it gets all wacked up again. This is driving me nuts, because it looks really bad when I hit to review...

Well that's what I do and it works well so I don't know what to tell you.
Nolite Timere
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 2:41:31 PM
At 3/18/2014 1:54:28 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 3/18/2014 1:14:52 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

Well that's what I do and it works well so I don't know what to tell you.

Thanks for the advice. :P I did get it to work eventually, but I'm still annoyed that it's so hard to get arguments properly formatted.

dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 6:08:42 PM
Yeah, I have the same problem.
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite