Jump to topic:

Update: RESURGENCE OF THE DDO MEMBERS UNION

bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 6:40:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The Union is coming back from the Underground! The evil Edeb8 website stands between DDO and supremacy! Debate.org requires living space to continue to expand, and DDO has been stabbed in the back by the Marxists at Juggle!
We are superior, Edeb8 is inferior! And thus, we will conquer them! This is the struggle of the Fatherland! This is the struggle of the Motherland! Every citizen of DDO to the performance of his or her solemn duty! Though the traitors of the Fatherland may attempt to silence our party, the voices of the people of DDO shall prevail!

We are inviting members to join our SS Squadrons to silence our enemies. We also seek a Minister of Propaganda. More positions will be offered later.

First we shall take control of DDO, and then our enemies at Edeb8 shall be vanquished!
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 6:43:36 PM
http://www.edeb8.com...
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 6:44:10 PM
At 3/18/2014 6:42:20 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Oh, Imabench!!!

There have been many traitors who have dishonored themselves by joining with our enemies at Edeb8! They shall be squashed!
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 6:45:24 PM
At 3/18/2014 6:44:10 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
Oh, Imabench!!!

There have been many traitors who have dishonored themselves by joining with our enemies at Edeb8! They shall be squashed!

What makes them your enemies?
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 6:45:57 PM
At 3/18/2014 6:45:24 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Oh, Imabench!!!

What makes them your enemies?

They betray the Fatherland!
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 6:55:13 PM
Oh, Imabench!!!

Edeb8 isn't a big deal dude.... Joining Edeb8 is the equivalent of club penguin, except joining club penguin is more understandable
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 7:00:15 PM
At 3/18/2014 6:55:13 PM, imabench wrote:
Oh, Imabench!!!

Edeb8 isn't a big deal dude.... Joining Edeb8 is the equivalent of club penguin, except joining club penguin is more understandable

Makes me wonder what would have happened if Larz were elected president.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
larztheloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 7:20:56 PM
At 3/18/2014 7:00:15 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Oh, Imabench!!!

People would not have attacked me so much over DDO Dashboard, airmax would not have put conflicting demands on me for tournaments, moderation would have been much stronger (even if I was not made a moderator - I tried telling people I'm very good at nagging moderators to actually work), and otherwise my presidency would have been much like TUF's is now. I didn't care about losing the presidency at all, but the whole DDO Dashboard saga actually made me depressed. It proved to me that DDO was not primarily interested any more in high-quality voting.

I might add that I did apply for Juggle's job opening and have continuously volunteered since then on all manner of projects to improve DDO, but people don't seem to be interested in what I have to offer.
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 7:25:34 PM
At 3/18/2014 7:20:56 PM, larztheloser wrote:
Oh, Imabench!!!

People would not have attacked me so much over DDO Dashboard, airmax would not have put conflicting demands on me for tournaments, moderation would have been much stronger (even if I was not made a moderator - I tried telling people I'm very good at nagging moderators to actually work), and otherwise my presidency would have been much like TUF's is now. I didn't care about losing the presidency at all, but the whole DDO Dashboard saga actually made me depressed. It proved to me that DDO was not primarily interested any more in high-quality voting.

I might add that I did apply for Juggle's job opening and have continuously volunteered since then on all manner of projects to improve DDO, but people don't seem to be interested in what I have to offer.

Wow, you actually responded. I awoke the sleeping giant.

Obviously, people are concerned about what you have done, considering that many members are going to edeb8.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 7:25:37 PM
Oh, Imabench!!!

What do you have to offer, Comrade? Along with the Web War, we also intend on reform this Site for the better.
larztheloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 7:34:52 PM
At 3/18/2014 7:25:37 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
Oh, Imabench!!!

What do you have to offer, Comrade? Along with the Web War, we also intend on reform this Site for the better.

Well, I'm a pretty decent programmer (if I may say so myself). All I will not do is break DDO's terms of service or the law.

A lot of the problems with DDO are structural. You're going to hate me for saying this, but unless Juggle makes some big changes, EDEB8 will always beat DDO in that regard. But we users can make a pretty decent effort. In the ten minutes that DDO Dashboard was first online we got about 100 vote ratings. That's incredible for such a convoluted solution (you had to go to a third-party website) to a simple problem (I offered Juggle the source for free but they weren't interested).
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 7:45:01 PM
At 3/18/2014 7:34:52 PM, larztheloser wrote:
At 3/18/2014 7:25:37 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
Oh, Imabench!!!

Well, I'm a pretty decent programmer (if I may say so myself). All I will not do is break DDO's terms of service or the law.

A lot of the problems with DDO are structural. You're going to hate me for saying this, but unless Juggle makes some big changes, EDEB8 will always beat DDO in that regard. But we users can make a pretty decent effort. In the ten minutes that DDO Dashboard was first online we got about 100 vote ratings. That's incredible for such a convoluted solution (you had to go to a third-party website) to a simple problem (I offered Juggle the source for free but they weren't interested).

If we stand in solidarity, perhaps we can force Juggle to reform this Site.
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 8:08:40 PM
Oh, Imabench!!!

Wait a second...DUDE YOU CONTROL Edeb8?! CRAP!!!
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 8:18:21 PM
At 3/18/2014 8:08:40 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
Oh, Imabench!!!

Now do you see why everyone thinks your an idiot?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 8:21:11 PM
Oh, Imabench!!!

He probably wouldve quit and left the site after a month once he figured out that he cant do anything he wanted to do.... The President doesnt get a free-pass to change the code to the site however they want, and nagging juggle constantly wouldnt yield any better results since they literally have about 7 other websites to run other than this one....

Had Larz been elected he most likely would have immediately rage-quitted.

bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 8:21:15 PM
At 3/18/2014 8:18:21 PM, imabench wrote:
At 3/18/2014 8:08:40 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
Oh, Imabench!!!

Now do you see why everyone thinks your an idiot?

I was not aware of this fact. HOWEVER, it changes nothing. Come on down to the War Room I've set up to discuss a course of action against Edeb8. IF you're bored and you want something interesting to do, then join me and everyone else who signs up. You don't even have to join the DDO Members Union if you don't want to.
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 8:22:16 PM
At 3/18/2014 8:21:11 PM, imabench wrote:
Oh, Imabench!!!

He probably wouldve quit and left the site after a month once he figured out that he cant do anything he wanted to do.... The President doesnt get a free-pass to change the code to the site however they want, and nagging juggle constantly wouldnt yield any better results since they literally have about 7 other websites to run other than this one....

So basically Edeb8 is a secession from DDO? Even more reason to take it down!
larztheloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 8:25:28 PM
At 3/18/2014 8:21:11 PM, imabench wrote:
Oh, Imabench!!!

Uh dude - you tried telling me this during my election, and I tried to tell you I would NEVER NEED TO TOUCH THE CODE. I proved that a month later with DDO Dashboard. It was users like you who harassed me over it, not Juggle. Juggle was very appreciative of it, even if they would not implement it themselves.
larztheloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 8:30:25 PM
At 3/18/2014 8:22:16 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:

So basically Edeb8 is a secession from DDO? Even more reason to take it down!

It's not. EDEB8 specializes in serious formal debating. DDO (currently) specializes in the kind of argument you would have with your mates at a pub. They complement each other.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 8:32:16 PM
At 3/18/2014 8:25:28 PM, larztheloser wrote:

Uh dude - you tried telling me this during my election,

It wasnt 'your' election dude....

and I tried to tell you I would NEVER NEED TO TOUCH THE CODE. I proved that a month later with DDO Dashboard. It was users like you who harassed me over it, not Juggle. Juggle was very appreciative of it, even if they would not implement it themselves.

The exact same thing would have happened (Juggle not implement it) had you been elected though.

larztheloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 8:40:28 PM
At 3/18/2014 8:32:16 PM, imabench wrote:

The exact same thing would have happened (Juggle not implement it) had you been elected though.

I got a better response from Juggle than I thought. I honestly thought they would amend their terms of service to ban my tool. Instead they welcomed it.

But I'll tell you what would be different - I wouldn't get threatened with a ban without having broken any rules, I wouldn't get attacked by users giving me an online reputation, and all my links to it would not be deleted. I am certain I would have been treated differently if I were also the president. At least people on DDO would have thought about what I was trying to say a little longer, and not jump to wild conclusions just because I was perceived as an opponent of airmax at the time.
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 8:50:06 PM
At 3/18/2014 8:40:28 PM, larztheloser wrote:
At 3/18/2014 8:32:16 PM, imabench wrote:

I got a better response from Juggle than I thought. I honestly thought they would amend their terms of service to ban my tool. Instead they welcomed it.

But I'll tell you what would be different - I wouldn't get threatened with a ban without having broken any rules, I wouldn't get attacked by users giving me an online reputation, and all my links to it would not be deleted. I am certain I would have been treated differently if I were also the president. At least people on DDO would have thought about what I was trying to say a little longer, and not jump to wild conclusions just because I was perceived as an opponent of airmax at the time.

NOTICE:

I, Bubbatheclown, call off the Web War (though it would've been awesome) because I have a bone to pick with a bigger fish.
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 8:51:56 PM
Oh, Imabench!!!
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 8:55:03 PM
At 3/18/2014 6:40:56 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
The Union is coming back from the Underground! The evil Edeb8 website stands between DDO and supremacy! Debate.org requires living space to continue to expand, and DDO has been stabbed in the back by the Marxists at Juggle!
We are superior, Edeb8 is inferior! And thus, we will conquer them! This is the struggle of the Fatherland! This is the struggle of the Motherland! Every citizen of DDO to the performance of his or her solemn duty! Though the traitors of the Fatherland may attempt to silence our party, the voices of the people of DDO shall prevail!

We are inviting members to join our SS Squadrons to silence our enemies. We also seek a Minister of Propaganda. More positions will be offered later.

First we shall take control of DDO, and then our enemies at Edeb8 shall be vanquished!

Dude, like calm down. Edb8 is pretty chill, although it doesn't match up to DDO at all. Just because some people tried out another site doesn't mean that you have the right in any way to go wage war on them.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2014 9:11:18 AM
Groups like this sent so much spam to my inbox, that I no longer receive notifications from DDO.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...