Jump to topic:

A new set of names

philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2014 5:37:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Although the originator of the other thread said that we should list whatever other names we thought of, most people just said what they thought about the people listed in the initial post. So I thought I'd start a different thread that's similar except that instead of giving you a list of names, you come up with your own names. Just list people who stick out to you, that you have an opinion of, or that you have something to say about, or something say to.

But please don't be rude and ruin the thread. A thread like this can be a really good thing because everybody likes a shout-out.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2014 6:31:51 PM
Wylted... I think he has a great future on DDO. Within 2 months of debating, he's already flown to upper 3000 ELO. I predict a good future for him on DDO.

Whiteflame. I think this guy will eventually be up there with Mikal and Roy Latham. Besides being an outstanding debater, with a wonderful style and able to debate a broad range of topics, he's an excellent voter. Any debate of mine he's voted on he's always given a very good description of why he chose which category, and his descriptions are usually spot-on.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2014 7:56:16 PM
Jakeross - One of my best friends on here. We had many long discussions, and I think he was the only person who I felt comfortable discussing personal issues with. He is also very honest, and would concede a debate if he notices that he is mistaken, which is something you rarely witness around here. I'm really grateful that I share the same platform and planet with him.

Rross- Insightful debater that would make an amazing lawyer. She has a sense of humor which I find really impressive, and something which I oddly understand(although we're from different cultures). I also think she is a very charming person. I'm really grateful that I share the same platform and planet with her.

MysticEgg- Young, highly intelligent and kind-hearted. I enjoy his debates and the way he talks to his audience. I have this hunch that he is going to be someone really important in the future. I'm really grateful that I share the same platform and planet with him.

Heineken- He is currently inactive, but I simply love his debating style and I admit that mine is simply an echo of his. He is not just critical-minded, but understanding and hilarious, and knows how to get his points across. His debates are very interesting, and we seem to share many comment interests. I'm really grateful that I share the same platform and planet with him.

Badger- I already gave him a description on the other thread, but a summary of it would be "I really like you and appreciate your honesty." I'm really grateful that I share the same platform and planet with him.

Larz- An amazing person who seems very honest and profound, and someone who takes his time to think about improving DDO. He also has designed an impressive debating website, which contained some of his marvelous and creative ideas which I can't even begin to describe. I'm really grateful that I share the same platform(s) and planet with him.

ADOL- One of the most interesting people I know here. His logicality and critical-mindedness are a guarantee that DDO has free-thinkers that can think for themselves. I also love reading his debates especially those where he went against popular and highly-ranked debaters, and showed that he is able to defend his case and demolish them, although the voting on this website is mostly friend-based and biased. I'm really grateful that I share the same platform and planet with him.

Stephen-Hawkings- Perhaps one of the few people on DDO who are very knowledgeable in philosophy, which makes him very interesting and shrewd. I'm really grateful that I share the same platform and planet with him.

Bladerunner- I don't know him that much, but he always seems speculative and polite. He is also an independent thinker, and someone who has been in debates which I can't forget.

Magic8000- He is not just a good debater who has brilliantly challenged theistic arguments, but also a brilliant voter who writes impressive and detailed RFDs. I think that we share many common interests, and so I really love reading his debates, especially those on theism and atheism. I'm really grateful that I share the same platform and planet with him.

Faz- Funny guy I recently met, who reminds me of myself. He has good knowledge in philosophical topics, but most importantly, has a good sense of humor and laid-back attitude. He is very cool and funky.

Freedo- One of the few DDO regulars who are kind and friendly to new people, and doesn't seem to have an elitist attitude, but instead, he has a great sense of humor and a remarkable intelligence. Whenever he writes sometthing, I double-check to see if I'm missing any implied meaning. I'm really grateful that I share the same platform and planet with him.

There are many people to talk about, but some of them I've already mentioned in the other thread, and others already know my feelings toward them.
whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2014 8:46:46 PM
At 3/20/2014 6:31:51 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
Wylted... I think he has a great future on DDO. Within 2 months of debating, he's already flown to upper 3000 ELO. I predict a good future for him on DDO.

Whiteflame. I think this guy will eventually be up there with Mikal and Roy Latham. Besides being an outstanding debater, with a wonderful style and able to debate a broad range of topics, he's an excellent voter. Any debate of mine he's voted on he's always given a very good description of why he chose which category, and his descriptions are usually spot-on.

Aw, how kind! Well, I'll put up a few names.

kbub- One of the best debaters I've had the pleasure to meet on this site, has a tremendous number of innovative insights and a sharp mind, manages to elucidate some very well-warranted philosophical positions.

zmikecuber- A great debater with a lot of great philosophical arguments, easily one of the most versatile people I've met on this site for skills in general, and always dependably reasonable and thorough with his votes.

kreakin- Another great philosophical debater, does a lot with fewer words. Besides his word economy, he's one of the few people on this site who has managed to sway my opinion on any given issue.

Buckethead31594- Historically and religiously minded, Buckethead's arguments have always been a pleasure to read with plenty of warrants and sources and solid logic.

GarretKadeDupre- One of the first debaters I got to know on here, this man can argue practically anything. He takes a lot of risks, though his arguments usually have a strong, logical core to them, even when I can't think of anything to support his position! He's a great scientific debater, really knows how to get at the basis of an issue (gave me quite a run for my money on the RNA world theory, fantastic debate).

Juris_Naturalis- One of the latest debaters I've met, he's also the first to challenge me to a debate based off of wanting to elucidate a debate of mine that he'd read. It was easily the best gun control discussion I've had to date, man knows his guns. Brings a solid logic and understanding to his debates.
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 9:00:33 AM
philochristos - I may be spelling that wrong. But he's a great singer and super talented (check out the crossbows he's made!). I'd want him with me if I was ever lost in the woods.

Buddamoose - One of the sweetest and kindest guys on this site. Also one of the best mafia players, which makes me always scumread him -__-

kbub - A member I only noticed recently, but I feel like s/he and I would be really great friends in real life.

I'll have to add names as I think of them...
yang.
BobTurner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 9:12:13 AM
Oh..another thread of "let's praise the aristocracy," but this time, we're going to throw the B team -- the top of the hierarchy in waiting, the heir to the throne, if you will -- a bone.

There have been polls on this nonsense. It's really unbecoming.
whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 9:24:42 AM
At 3/21/2014 9:12:13 AM, BobTurner wrote:
Oh..another thread of "let's praise the aristocracy," but this time, we're going to throw the B team -- the top of the hierarchy in waiting, the heir to the throne, if you will -- a bone.

What's unbecoming about putting the spotlight on some rising names on DDO? These people produce really intriguing debates and put a lot of effort into what they do. I'm not trying to push them to a level of aristocracy, but pointing out that some people go above and beyond and push out really solid work seems perfectly reasonable to me. It also provides a list of talented debaters for those new to the site who are interested in seeing good debates or participating in some off the bat.
BobTurner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 9:28:42 AM
At 3/21/2014 9:24:42 AM, whiteflame wrote:

What's unbecoming about putting the spotlight on some rising names on DDO? These people produce really intriguing debates and put a lot of effort into what they do. I'm not trying to push them to a level of aristocracy, but pointing out that some people go above and beyond and push out really solid work seems perfectly reasonable to me. It also provides a list of talented debaters for those new to the site who are interested in seeing good debates or participating in some off the bat.

I think it raises some at the expense of others. That is, there are plenty of exceptional debaters, or even exceptional posters -- and I don't count myself in that, for the record -- who are never mentioned. How do you think they feel? It's easy to speak from the inside looking out when you're already on the list, as you are.

And I've seen your debates. I don't mean to single you out, but I know that you're an exceptional debater. But the fact that I know that is simply because you're fairly well-known on the site. There are probably plenty of others who are quite skilled, as well, of whom we have never heard. That's my point.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 9:34:13 AM
At 3/21/2014 9:28:42 AM, BobTurner wrote:

I think it raises some at the expense of others. That is, there are plenty of exceptional debaters, or even exceptional posters -- and I don't count myself in that, for the record -- who are never mentioned. How do you think they feel? It's easy to speak from the inside looking out when you're already on the list, as you are.

And I've seen your debates. I don't mean to single you out, but I know that you're an exceptional debater. But the fact that I know that is simply because you're fairly well-known on the site. There are probably plenty of others who are quite skilled, as well, of whom we have never heard. That's my point.

Why is there an aristocracy?
It is anyone naming anyone else, so a newcomer can post about other newcomers.
Obviously, only the people who make waves are going to be noticed, and your issue seems to be concerned with newcomers not being noticed. So, what? They are new, why should they be known?
My work here is, finally, done.
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 9:39:22 AM

You guys should debate it.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 9:45:30 AM

Every single one of those people can make a name for themselves here. Sure, it's daunting to join a site where there are some people who have participated in hundreds of debates and won most of them, and sure, I knew I was getting in on the bottom rung. But that didn't stop me from trying to climb the ladder - it was incentive to try my hand against some of these effective debaters. I realize that there are plenty of debaters that are equally or, perhaps, more skilled on this site. And I will amend my list every time I meet one. If they'd rather keep to themselves, that's fine too - the list doesn't have to be exhaustive. I simply don't see why we cannot laud the debating prowess of a few on here simply because it's not all-encompassing.
Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 10:11:45 AM
Linkish102-what an idiot.
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 10:29:57 AM
Philoscristus: is very artistic with his now an arrow making, very intelligent, a seemingly wise person and cool.
Tulle: sweet, kind gal! FYI people, she and I are in a singing debate! She's doing awesome too! ;)
AirMax: he is a kind, considerate, person. Ie never seen him be unfair in any way. If you talk to him on a personal note you'll learn he's a really cool, funny, sweet, nice guy!
Mikal: lol, although I find some of his posts odd and weird. I've learned some things from him and he knows it. He's cool.
Donald.keller: funny, good writer, kind.
Zarrotte: I think she's an open person who just wants to her her point across. She's not a bad person. She's very nice IMO!
Spencerjoyage14: energetic, lively one ... She's easily inspired by the ones she admires and looks up to.
SONOFGOD: cool kid just livin life to the best he can :)
Birdlandmemories: he's been away a bit, but figured I'd mention him still... He's a simple kid who loves sports and enjoys discussions about it. He respects who he sees fit to respect as well.
Krazzy_Player: seems pretty open and blunt but is pretty shy. He's kinda funny though too.
TUF: this guy is awesome! A boxer, the president of DDO! He's a busy man, but he's unique for it!
Buddamoose: lol okay this one here!! He's a great friend that I've gotten to verbally speak to for about a year. He's very intelligent.
AnDoctuir: although he doesn't approve of my posts like ever, there was a point where he didn't mind talking to me. I have nothing against him regardless. I think he has a interesting perspective on things and just wants to voice it.
Souljna: she's not here for now on DDO but she's a sweet gal.
Wytled: he has lots to say and for what reason haven't figured out yet. Seems patient and considerate as well. (Were in a debate "Jesus is a jerk" he being pro n I being con).
Imabench: keeps everyone entertained pretty funny
Conservativepolitio: kind also keeps everyone entertained and does his best to prove his point.

To be continued once I think of more ;)
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 10:32:00 AM
At 3/21/2014 10:29:57 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
Philoscristus: is very artistic with his now an arrow making, very intelligent, a seemingly wise person and cool.
Tulle: sweet, kind gal! FYI people, she and I are in a singing debate! She's doing awesome too! ;)
AirMax: he is a kind, considerate, person. Ie never seen him be unfair in any way. If you talk to him on a personal note you'll learn he's a really cool, funny, sweet, nice guy!
Mikal: lol, although I find some of his posts odd and weird. I've learned some things from him and he knows it. He's cool.
Zarrotte: I think she's an open person who just wants to her her point across. She's not a bad person. She's very nice IMO!
Spencerjoyage14: energetic, lively one ... She's easily inspired by the ones she admires and looks up to.
Birdlandmemories: he's been away a bit, but figured I'd mention him still... He's a simple kid who loves sports and enjoys discussions about it. He respects who he sees fit to respect as well.
Krazzy_Player: seems pretty open and blunt but is pretty shy. He's kinda funny though too.
TUF: this guy is awesome! A boxer, the president of DDO! He's a busy man, but he's unique for it!
Buddamoose: lol okay this one here!! He's a great friend that I've gotten to verbally speak to for about a year. He's very intelligent.
AnDoctuir: although he doesn't approve of my posts like ever, there was a point where he didn't mind talking to me. I have nothing against him regardless. I think he has a interesting perspective on things and just wants to voice it.
Wytled: he has lots to say and for what reason haven't figured out yet. Seems patient and considerate as well. (Were in a debate "Jesus is a jerk" he being pro n I being con).
Conservativepolitio: kind also keeps everyone entertained and does his best to prove his point.

Thanks for not mentioning me...=(

I don't blame you, honestly. I gave you a pretty hard time during the Mr./Mrs. DDO competition haha.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 10:34:16 AM
At 3/21/2014 10:32:00 AM, progressivedem22 wrote:

I don't blame you, honestly. I gave you a pretty hard time during the Mr./Mrs. DDO competition haha.

I knew I was missing someone/s just couldn't remember who. But as I said to be continued :) so don't worry! I def have words to say about you too! ;)
(Nothing bad either)
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
kbub
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 10:40:48 AM
At 3/21/2014 9:00:33 AM, tulle wrote:
philochristos - I may be spelling that wrong. But he's a great singer and super talented (check out the crossbows he's made!). I'd want him with me if I was ever lost in the woods.

Buddamoose - One of the sweetest and kindest guys on this site. Also one of the best mafia players, which makes me always scumread him -__-

kbub - A member I only noticed recently, but I feel like s/he and I would be really great friends in real life.

I'll have to add names as I think of them...

Thanks tulle! I think so too. :^)
kbub
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 10:42:58 AM
At 3/21/2014 10:34:16 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 3/21/2014 10:32:00 AM, progressivedem22 wrote:

I knew I was missing someone/s just couldn't remember who. But as I said to be continued :) so don't worry! I def have words to say about you too! ;)
(Nothing bad either)

GodChoosesLife--cool person. Very conscientious.
kbub
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 10:50:47 AM
At 3/20/2014 8:46:46 PM, whiteflame wrote:
At 3/20/2014 6:31:51 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

Aw, how kind! Well, I'll put up a few names.

kbub- One of the best debaters I've had the pleasure to meet on this site, has a tremendous number of innovative insights and a sharp mind, manages to elucidate some very well-warranted philosophical positions.

zmikecuber- A great debater with a lot of great philosophical arguments, easily one of the most versatile people I've met on this site for skills in general, and always dependably reasonable and thorough with his votes.

kreakin- Another great philosophical debater, does a lot with fewer words. Besides his word economy, he's one of the few people on this site who has managed to sway my opinion on any given issue.

Buckethead31594- Historically and religiously minded, Buckethead's arguments have always been a pleasure to read with plenty of warrants and sources and solid logic.

GarretKadeDupre- One of the first debaters I got to know on here, this man can argue practically anything. He takes a lot of risks, though his arguments usually have a strong, logical core to them, even when I can't think of anything to support his position! He's a great scientific debater, really knows how to get at the basis of an issue (gave me quite a run for my money on the RNA world theory, fantastic debate).

Juris_Naturalis- One of the latest debaters I've met, he's also the first to challenge me to a debate based off of wanting to elucidate a debate of mine that he'd read. It was easily the best gun control discussion I've had to date, man knows his guns. Brings a solid logic and understanding to his debates.

Thanks, Whiteflame! I think I've probably called you out in public for being cool quite enough, but at the risk of further inflating your head to gargantuan proportions, I'll point out one more time that you are indeed awesome. Mind the doorways.
BobTurner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 10:56:57 AM
At 3/21/2014 9:45:30 AM, whiteflame wrote:

Every single one of those people can make a name for themselves here. Sure, it's daunting to join a site where there are some people who have participated in hundreds of debates and won most of them, and sure, I knew I was getting in on the bottom rung. But that didn't stop me from trying to climb the ladder - it was incentive to try my hand against some of these effective debaters. I realize that there are plenty of debaters that are equally or, perhaps, more skilled on this site. And I will amend my list every time I meet one. If they'd rather keep to themselves, that's fine too - the list doesn't have to be exhaustive. I simply don't see why we cannot laud the debating prowess of a few on here simply because it's not all-encompassing.

But that's not the point. The point is, this type of topic creates different classes of people and creates a dichotomy between the inner and outer circle. It makes genuinely kind, good debaters feel discouraged, because failure to be mentioned evidently means they haven't been significant enough to even be recognized, and then conclude that their mere existence on DDO must be irrelevant. Hopefully you can see that point, but as I said, it may be difficult because you're already well-known on the site. How could you ever know how an outsider feels?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 11:01:23 AM
At 3/21/2014 10:56:57 AM, BobTurner wrote:

But that's not the point. The point is, this type of topic creates different classes of people and creates a dichotomy between the inner and outer circle. It makes genuinely kind, good debaters feel discouraged, because failure to be mentioned evidently means they haven't been significant enough to even be recognized, and then conclude that their mere existence on DDO must be irrelevant. Hopefully you can see that point, but as I said, it may be difficult because you're already well-known on the site. How could you ever know how an outsider feels?

LOL, I have never heard of Whiteflame outside of these lists, and I've been here over a year. He must stick to other forums.

Does this give you an idea of why these lists have value? To see others that should be sought.
And, if you are so thirsty for recognition, then seek them out and establish yourself with the "insiders".
BobTurner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 11:05:11 AM
At 3/21/2014 11:01:23 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/21/2014 10:56:57 AM, BobTurner wrote:

LOL, I have never heard of Whiteflame outside of these lists, and I've been here over a year. He must stick to other forums.

Does this give you an idea of why these lists have value? To see others that should be sought.
And, if you are so thirsty for recognition, then seek them out and establish yourself with the "insiders".

First, I wasn't talking about me personally.

Second, you're still missing the point. DDO has in a lot of ways become like high school.
Tophatdoc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 11:11:51 AM
At 3/21/2014 11:05:11 AM, BobTurner wrote:

Second, you're still missing the point. DDO has in a lot of ways become like high school.

I understand your points. I agree actually, that is why I will never praise anyone on this site. But I don't see why you should try to drag down a thread where people are supposed to be celebrating.
"Don't click on my profile. Don't send me friend requests. Don't read my debates. There are many interesting people on DDO. Find one of them. Go find someone exciting and loquacious. Go click on their profile. Go send them friend requests. Go read their debates. Leave me alone." -Tophatdoc
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 11:12:44 AM

I wasn't referring to you specifically. You, as in "one".

Sure, this is a popularity contest, of sorts. And if that is the purpose of those who post, so be it. There are cliques here, there are bullies, there are oddballs who are ignored and ostracized. So what? That's life.

But, there is merit to this list as well.
A new member can see this and say, "hey, I'm going to read Roy's posts because he is awesome". Or, "wow, so and so should be avoided".
BobTurner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 11:14:53 AM
At 3/21/2014 11:12:44 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Sure, this is a popularity contest, of sorts. And if that is the purpose of those who post, so be it. There are cliques here, there are bullies, there are oddballs who are ignored and ostracized. So what? That's life.

A new member can see this and say, "hey, I'm going to read Roy's posts because he is awesome". Or, "wow, so and so should be avoided".

Fair enough.

And I've read a lot of Roy's posts. Honestly, I don't understand why he's so high-ranked...but that's another story entirely.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 11:17:18 AM
At 3/21/2014 11:11:51 AM, Tophatdoc wrote:

I understand your points. I agree actually, that is why I will never praise anyone on this site. But I don't see why you should try to drag down a thread where people are supposed to be celebrating.

Well, you suck, too.
Do you not find merit and a thread like this, so new (or anyone) users can find specific people to follow/engage with.
For example, I know quite a bit about taxes and legal matters, so if I were praised (as in people agree with me), then I could be trusted on such matters, which can go a long way on an anonymous website.
Like, if RoyLathum says something, it carries weight.

But, quite a few descriptions are useless, like good-natured, and only serve to fish for compliments and/or seem like an obligation to say something positive.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 11:22:17 AM
At 3/21/2014 11:14:53 AM, BobTurner wrote:
At 3/21/2014 11:12:44 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Fair enough.

And I've read a lot of Roy's posts. Honestly, I don't understand why he's so high-ranked...but that's another story entirely.

I think between his high ELO, his intellect, demeanor, and age, he carries authority with his posts. He is trustworthy in the sense that if he says something is fact, it is fact. Whether his interpretation, logic, or opinion is correct, is up for debate.

TBH, I have never read his debates, but his forum posts are insightful, on topic, and helpful.
Tophatdoc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 11:23:06 AM
At 3/21/2014 11:17:18 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Well, you suck, too.
Do you not find merit and a thread like this, so new (or anyone) users can find specific people to follow/engage with.
Settle down. Where did I say there was no merits to this thread? I just said I agreed with Bob Turner that DDO is very much like a high school.
For example, I know quite a bit about taxes and legal matters, so if I were praised (as in people agree with me), then I could be trusted on such matters, which can go a long way on an anonymous website.
Like, if RoyLathum says something, it carries weight.
Among certain users that may be applicable. It doesn't mean anything to me.

But, quite a few descriptions are useless, like good-natured, and only serve to fish for compliments and/or seem like an obligation to say something positive.
People can compliment. I didn't say they shouldn't. I just said I wouldn't be handing out any compliments or praise.
"Don't click on my profile. Don't send me friend requests. Don't read my debates. There are many interesting people on DDO. Find one of them. Go find someone exciting and loquacious. Go click on their profile. Go send them friend requests. Go read their debates. Leave me alone." -Tophatdoc
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 11:26:37 AM
At 3/21/2014 11:23:06 AM, Tophatdoc wrote:
At 3/21/2014 11:17:18 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Well, you suck, too. [joke, as in not praising]
Settle down. Where did I say there was no merits to this thread? I just said I agreed with Bob Turner that DDO is very much like a high school.
I suppose you didn't say that.
Bob seems to think there is no merit, and I attributed that sentiment into your post.
Tophatdoc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 11:29:12 AM
At 3/21/2014 11:26:37 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Bob seems to think there is no merit, and I attributed that sentiment into your post.

I wasn't saying that at all. I was agreeing with some of his sentiment but that was not included in what I agreed with. If anything I was trying to say he was trying to derail the thread. If people want to offer compliments, why shouldn't they?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 11:31:13 AM
At 3/21/2014 11:29:12 AM, Tophatdoc wrote:
At 3/21/2014 11:26:37 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

I wasn't saying that at all. I was agreeing with some of his sentiment but that was not included in what I agreed with. If anything I was trying to say he was trying to derail the thread. If people want to offer compliments, why shouldn't they?

I know you weren't saying that.
That is why I said what I said, to explain why I thought what I did.