Weekly Stupid To Be Canceled.....

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 1:31:36 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
1) Yes, this is completely serious
2) No, I did not get in trouble with the mods or get in another crazy fight again that is forcing me to do this
3) Yes, there is absolutely no way for me to avoid this

Now that I got those three out of the way let me explain what the f*** happened.

Part 1) The f*ck up

When I first came to UM, my major was in Civil Engineering. It was something I thought I wanted to do more then anything else in the world, and I didnt have a second thought in the world to do anything else. Unfortunately it didnt really turn out well. In my first semester in college, I flunked Chemistry and got B's and C's in everything else.... In the next semester, I passed the same Chemistry Class with a D and also got a D in Calculus while getting average grades in all the other classes as well.....

Now when you fail a class in your first year in college and then come dangerously failing two other classes the semester after that, thats a tell tale sign that says 'hey, maybe you should f*cking switch your major'.... However as many of you guys already know, I am stubborn as sh**........ I wanted to be an engineer more than anything in the world and even though my GPA was below 2.5 at this point I still wanted to what I was doing more than anything else in the world.

The Next Semester, I retook the Calculus course I got a D in before and somehow by the grace of God pulled out a B-, which was the lowest grade I got that year. At this point I thought I knew that I was meant to be an engineer, that I had finally got my sh** together, and that it would be smooth sailing from here on out.

THENNNNN Calc 2 came along, along with Mechanics of Solids, and those two classes beat the living sh** out of me and my grades. I got a D in Calc II and was midway through the year when I found out I was sure to flunk Mechanics of Solids.... At this point not only did I begin to severely question whether I could even get my degree in Civil Engineering, I also began to question if I wanted to be an engineer at all, which is NOT a conversation you want to have with yourself when you are already halfway through college.....

After a slight realization and mental breakdown I talked it over with my parents and we all agreed that I should switch majors, and so I looked at my past classes to see which ones I was really good at, and then just major in that particular field..... The three classes I got A's in at this point was English Composition, Philosophy, and Political Science.... And since English and Philosophy werent going to do sh** for me, I opted to switch my major to Political Science since that one held the most potential to me.

Single handedly the best decision I couldve made. Political Science is a breeze for me, it all comes to me naturally (way easier than engineering), I enjoy it just as much as engineering, and I didnt have to take any more science or math classes since a political science degree only requires basic levels of math and science, which I had already fulfilled back when I was in Engineering
Part 2) The Dilemma
While a Bachelors degree in Political Science is better than one in Philosophy or English, its still about as useful/useless as a liberal arts degree.... So I decided to try to find a field to pursue a Masters in at UM to kind of build on my Bachelors in Political Science and increase my outlook after I graduate. Just so happens that UM offers this 5 year MPA (Masters in Public Administration) program that looked great for me and really seemed to suit my interests, so I decided to aim for it.

The problem is, in order to get enrolled in the 5 year masters program, you need to maintain a GPA of at least a 3.0....Thats kind of a problem for me since im a C student who inadvertently tanked my GPA basically from day 1.

In addition to that, I had fallen behind where I was meant to be in my pursuit of my Political Science degree compared to others since while they were all in Politcal Science from the get-go, I spent two years suffering in freakin Civil Engineering classes. So in order to both catch up with the rest of the field and try to boost my GPA, I took a sh*t ton of extra easy classes that would also count towards my degree. Everything I could enroll in that looked like a good, manageable class I enrolled in, and for a while It went fabulously. Some classes I didnt have to study for a single day and I would still pull out a B+, while other classes that I did sink effort into produced positive results as well.

Unfortunately, the damage to my GPA was already done, and even though I was now killing it these days, My GPA simply wasnt improving enough.

So this semester came about and this was the last shot to improve my GPA enough so that getting into the program was a possibility. I basically needed to pitch a perfect game to pull up my GPA enough to get within range of the program........ And it didnt work.

I got my midterm results back this week, and I got all low B's, which basically locked in the grades I will get for this semester at 'not an A'. I'll definitely pass the courses and am in no danger of getting anything below a C, y'all dont need to worry about that, but I didnt do well enough to potentially pull my GPA up high enough to where I wanted it to be
Part 3) The irony
Heres the part that applies to the Weekly Stupid: In an effort to boost my GPA and catch up with the rest of the people in my field of study, I overshot it. I enrolled and passed so many classes with decent grades, that I inadvertantly put myself on track to graduate a semester early from UM.

For those of you keeping score, graduating a semester early In college means you would be graduating halfway through your senior year, which would probably be the fall semester of your senior year.

I am currently halfway through the Spring Semester of my Junior Year.....

For those of you still not seeing it: I am safely on track for graduating from UM at the end of this year, and since I need the program stuff on the UM computers to put together the Weekly Stupid, this basically means that there is now no chance in hell for the Weekly Stupid to last longer than this December in 2014.....

In addition to that, Spring Semester for me ends in late May, and I dont go back to school until late August.
Part 4) How its gonna turn out
I have two months left in this semester before I have to go home for Summer break, during that time I will get in about 4 episodes of the Weekly Stupid before I have to go on hiatus.... Then I am back in school from late August until early December, a period of about 3 months and a little extra, where I can put out about 6 episodes if nothing goes wrong......

All these factors essentially created a scenario where in the best possible scenario, the Weekly Stupid will only live on for about 10 more episodes before I am forced into retiring it.

So thats basically the deal. For those of you who skipped to the very end of this long, long post: Basically the Weekly Stupid will be canceled at the end of 2014 for reasons completely outside my control.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 1:33:57 AM
At 3/22/2014 1:33:33 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
td:cr (too drunk, couldn't read) version?

very last line
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 1:34:39 AM
I can still edit and help you film this, if you want. At least I am pretty positive i can, if you are interested let me know. All you will need is a webcam
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 1:38:05 AM
At 3/22/2014 1:31:36 AM, imabench wrote:
2) No, I did not get in trouble with the mods or get in another crazy fight again that is forcing me to do this

Now that I got those three out of the way let me explain what the f*** happened.

Part 1) The f*ck up

When I first came to UM, my major was in Civil Engineering. It was something I thought I wanted to do more then anything else in the world, and I didnt have a second thought in the world to do anything else. Unfortunately it didnt really turn out well. In my first semester in college, I flunked Chemistry and got B's and C's in everything else.... In the next semester, I passed the same Chemistry Class with a D and also got a D in Calculus while getting average grades in all the other classes as well.....

This is as far as I could get so I'll respond as if this is all you said.
**clears throat**

WHAT THE FUCK MAN?!?

Do you have any idea how many people here could help you out? And seriously help? Not just mess with you, but actually help? Hell, I taught calculus my senior of high school because our stupid school put our only AP Chemistry class and our only AP Calculus class at the same time so no seniors could take both (I had already done calculus as a sophmore, so I was set). I know a few of us that are well versed in those fields and could possibly help (one might not be wanting to help, but I might be able to talk him into it).

Though personally, I was no fan of the WS, If you need help with anything, we are here to help (though if it is spelling or English or something, don't look at me).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 1:39:07 AM
At 3/22/2014 1:34:39 AM, Mikal wrote:
I can still edit and help you film this, if you want. At least I am pretty positive i can, if you are interested let me know. All you will need is a webcam

Its alright, a lot of the fun I get from making the WS is having so much control over how it turns out in the first place. Even if it would turn out substantially better if you edited it, I still like it the way it is simply because its mine :P

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 1:40:28 AM
At 3/22/2014 1:39:07 AM, imabench wrote:
At 3/22/2014 1:34:39 AM, Mikal wrote:

Its alright, a lot of the fun I get from making the WS is having so much control over how it turns out in the first place. Even if it would turn out substantially better if you edited it, I still like it the way it is simply because its mine :P

noted, was just throwing it out to you. If you have a comp I can get you the editing stuff as well. Its not really difficult. At least i can get you vegas and that should work.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 1:40:36 AM
At 3/22/2014 1:38:05 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Part 1) The f*ck up

**clears throat**

WHAT THE FUCK MAN?!?

Do you have any idea how many people here could help you out? And seriously help? Not just mess with you, but actually help? Hell, I taught calculus my senior of high school because our stupid school put our only AP Chemistry class and our only AP Calculus class at the same time so no seniors could take both (I had already done calculus as a sophmore, so I was set). I know a few of us that are well versed in those fields and could possibly help (one might not be wanting to help, but I might be able to talk him into it).

Though personally, I was no fan of the WS, If you need help with anything, we are here to help (though if it is spelling or English or something, don't look at me).

The math and chem classes that I struggled with were classes I had taken before the Weekly Stupid was even a thing.

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 1:41:41 AM
At 3/22/2014 1:40:36 AM, imabench wrote:
At 3/22/2014 1:38:05 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Part 1) The f*ck up

**clears throat**

WHAT THE FUCK MAN?!?

The math and chem classes that I struggled with were classes I had taken before the Weekly Stupid was even a thing.

I was here before it was a thing!!! I still could have helped!!!
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 1:41:50 AM
Can't you take extra courses to pull up your GPA and enroll in your masters?
Also, I didn't quite see the irony.
My work here is, finally, done.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 1:42:37 AM
At 3/22/2014 1:41:50 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Happy 8,000
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 1:43:22 AM
At 3/22/2014 1:42:37 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Happy 8,000

I somehow missed your 20k... Do you recall what it was?
Debate.org Moderator
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 1:44:13 AM

Happy 8,000

Awwww, I didn't even notice.
Thanks, mysterious stalker pony whom I can't recognize with your fiendishly clever disguise.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 1:44:43 AM

Thats exactly what I tried doing, and not only did that not work, but it put me on track to graduate a semester early

basically my effort to try to stay at UM longer resulted in me actually curtailing it.

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 1:45:34 AM

Happy 8,000

Found your 20k (I think)

Debate.org Moderator
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 1:46:06 AM
At 3/22/2014 1:41:41 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Probably, but as most of you already figured out, I dont come to DDO to try to improve myself that much. Im mostly on here to troll and screw around

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 1:46:30 AM
At 3/22/2014 1:44:43 AM, imabench wrote:

Thats exactly what I tried doing, and not only did that not work, but it put me on track to graduate a semester early

basically my effort to try to stay at UM longer resulted in me actually curtailing it.

I don't understand exactly how university/college works, but why can't you stay for spring semester '15, take easy classes, and go for your masters in the fall '15?
Can you seriously never get masters ever?
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 1:47:03 AM
At 3/22/2014 1:43:22 AM, airmax1227 wrote:

Happy 8,000

HOLY SH!T, I HAVE 20,000?!?!
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 1:47:50 AM
At 3/22/2014 1:45:34 AM, airmax1227 wrote:

Happy 8,000

Found your 20k (I think)

Damn, thought it would be better. Though a play on words to make a gay joke isn't the worst.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 1:48:12 AM
At 3/22/2014 1:47:03 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Happy 8,000

Yes, and only the third member ever to do so.
Debate.org Moderator
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 1:48:59 AM
At 3/22/2014 1:46:06 AM, imabench wrote:

Probably, but as most of you already figured out, I dont come to DDO to try to improve myself that much. Im mostly on here to troll and screw around

If you're just here to screw around then screw you! huh? no? Was that too cheesy?
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 1:49:21 AM
At 3/22/2014 1:46:30 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/22/2014 1:44:43 AM, imabench wrote:

I don't understand exactly how university/college works, but why can't you stay for spring semester '15, take easy classes, and go for your masters in the fall '15?

Because UM tuition is expensive as a mother f*cker and they dont let you stay enrolled if you already completed your degree.

Can you seriously never get masters ever?

I could probably get it at a different school that is a little more lax on GPA requirements for getting into a masters program, but since UM is as uptight as an 80 year old nun its likely I wont ever get my masters here at UM with my GPA being what it is

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 1:49:46 AM
At 3/22/2014 1:47:50 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Happy 8,000

Found your 20k (I think)

Damn, thought it would be better. Though a play on words to make a gay joke isn't the worst.

Yeah, it could have been wasted on offering sincere advice....LAME :/
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 1:49:51 AM
At 3/22/2014 1:48:59 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 3/22/2014 1:46:06 AM, imabench wrote:

If you're just here to screw around then screw you! huh? no? Was that too cheesy?

Nope <333

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 1:51:48 AM
At 3/22/2014 1:47:50 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Happy 8,000

Found your 20k (I think)

Yeah, it's not too bad. Though had you noticed it was your 20k you would have probably explained the humor of the joke using a fairly advanced equation for quantifying humor. If not creating that equation by posting an entirely new thread. You'll just have to do that for your 30k.
Debate.org Moderator
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 1:54:38 AM
At 3/22/2014 1:48:12 AM, airmax1227 wrote:

Happy 8,000

But of the 3 I have more debates than the other 2 combined. They are such slackers. It is also funny that Freedo (who joined like a week after me) is up their with me.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 1:57:19 AM
At 3/22/2014 1:54:38 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 3/22/2014 1:48:12 AM, airmax1227 wrote:

Happy 8,000

But of the 3 I have more debates than the other 2 combined. They are such slackers. It is also funny that Freedo (who joined like a week after me) is up their with me.

Well there's a reason I named you as one of the sites top 3 debaters on the Philo show last week... He didn't know who you were though... Which is weird since you were on the previous episode.
Debate.org Moderator
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 1:58:32 AM
Wow, I'm sorry that I even read all this. But that kinda saddens me to know. I actually enjoyed watching your videos when I did. But lol I finally made it on one so I guess that's alright. But my best wishes on your schooling though. It can def be hard. Hopefully there may be some other way for you to still do the weekly stupid.
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad