Jump to topic:

Apple App

Juris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 4:51:50 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hey, what about making an apple app for ddo? That would be great.. Just make it free, anyway there are ads
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 8:24:57 AM
At 3/22/2014 4:51:50 AM, Juris wrote:
Hey, what about making an apple app for ddo? That would be great.. Just make it free, anyway there are ads

I suppose you mean an iOS app.

(1) It's very expensive to make an iOS app. Apple charge 99$ a year for the right of being an iOS developer and 9$ a month for a publishing license.

(2) Apple only allows you to use C objective, which is not something an average developer knows as opposed to C++ and Java.

(3) Apple forces you to use certain libraries of their own, which makes no sense, as they might ban some third-party libraries simply to kill competition.
Juris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 8:34:49 AM
At 3/22/2014 8:24:57 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

(1) It's very expensive to make an iOS app. Apple charge 99$ a year for the right of being an iOS developer and 9$ a month for a publishing license.

(2) Apple only allows you to use C objective, which is not something an average developer knows as opposed to C++ and Java.

(3) Apple forces you to use certain libraries of their own, which makes no sense, as they might ban some third-party libraries simply to kill competition.

Apple app is nice idea.

The cost should not be the measurement for that.

Certain modifications can be made.

I hope they consider this... This is perhaps what most of us want..
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 8:39:37 AM
At 3/22/2014 8:34:49 AM, Juris wrote:

Apple app is nice idea.

Many people have considered creating a moble app, or even a moble version of this website(which doesn't even exist). One of them is TUF, who as you might know, has great ideas to improve DDO. But it's something that requires time and effort. I can probably do it as I'm paid to do apps(although I've made this promise to myself to only program Andriod Apps), but I don't feel that I like DDO enough to volunteer on such projects.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 8:45:38 AM

>$99
>Expensive

That's probably less than what Juggle spends on company paid lunches in a week.
Juris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 8:46:25 AM
At 3/22/2014 8:39:37 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 3/22/2014 8:34:49 AM, Juris wrote:

Apple app is nice idea.

Many people have considered creating a moble app, or even a moble version of this website(which doesn't even exist). One of them is TUF, who as you might know, has great ideas to improve DDO. But it's something that requires time and effort. I can probably do it as I'm paid to do apps(although I've made this promise to myself to only program Andriod Apps), but I don't feel that I like DDO enough to volunteer on such projects.

I see. It is not easy. You're correct. I'm just one of the many who want to entertain that idea of having a ddo app w/o knowing the complexity of making it.
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 8:46:55 AM
At 3/22/2014 8:45:38 AM, Raisor wrote:

>$99
>Expensive

Call me stingy, but It's expensive when compared to Android.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 8:49:07 AM
At 3/22/2014 8:46:55 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 3/22/2014 8:45:38 AM, Raisor wrote:

>$99
>Expensive

Call me stingy, but It's expensive when compared to Android.

$99 is nothing compared to the cost of labor to develop it. Not saying the whole project wouldn't be expensive, just saying I don't think the liscense fee is the make or break factor in the decision.