Jump to topic:

DDO Reform

Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 1:20:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Alright, I am making this forum to specify a specific feature that DDO really needs, but feel free to add other reforms. DDO badly needs a block "reply to post" option. This would be so beneficial, as it would stop forum flame wars, and render people like Monty, unable to refute what I say with stupidity.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 3:46:47 PM
At 3/22/2014 1:20:16 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
Alright, I am making this forum to specify a specific feature that DDO really needs, but feel free to add other reforms. DDO badly needs a block "reply to post" option. This would be so beneficial, as it would stop forum flame wars, and render people like Monty, unable to refute what I say with stupidity.

I don't see how that is useful. Basically, you want to stop others from responding to you on a forum?
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 3:48:38 PM
At 3/22/2014 3:46:47 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

I don't see how that is useful. Basically, you want to stop others from responding to you on a forum?

No, just from replying and quoting. A member of DDO has lately been responding to everything I post with something negatory, and meant to be insulting. I think it would be beneficial to block that person from responding to you, to avoid flame wars. They can post in the forum itself.
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 3:52:33 PM
At 3/22/2014 3:48:38 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:

No, just from replying and quoting. A member of DDO has lately been responding to everything I post with something negatory, and meant to be insulting. I think it would be beneficial to block that person from responding to you, to avoid flame wars. They can post in the forum itself.

That would be literally impossible to do as he can copy your text and put quote marks, it's as easy as that.

I think the best method to counter such stalkers is to ignore their replies, even if they were negative. A better method would be to PM that person and see why he has got beef with you. If none of that works, you can tell AIrmax and he'll separate you through a ban-notice.
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 3:54:09 PM
At 3/22/2014 3:52:33 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

That would be literally impossible to do as he can copy your text and put quote marks, it's as easy as that.

I think the best method to counter such stalkers is to ignore their replies, even if they were negative. A better method would be to PM that person and see why he has got beef with you. If none of that works, you can tell AIrmax and he'll separate you through a ban-notice.

Trust me, I have contacted Airmax many times, but I am not too good at ignoring conflict. The person in question has quite some influence.
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 4:00:49 PM
At 3/22/2014 3:54:09 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:

Trust me, I have contacted Airmax many times, but I am not too good at ignoring conflict. The person in question has quite some influence.

Monty has quiet some influence? You mentioned him earlier as the person bothering you, but he seems like someone who is barely known around here.
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 4:01:28 PM
At 3/22/2014 4:00:49 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

Monty has quiet some influence? You mentioned him earlier as the person bothering you, but he seems like someone who is barely known around here.

No, not Monty. Even though I would probably forum block him too.
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 4:02:11 PM
At 3/22/2014 4:01:28 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:

Who, Imabench?
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 4:03:58 PM
At 3/22/2014 4:02:11 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

Who, Imabench?

Yup, excessive trolling. I asked him at least 3 times over pm to not respond to my comments, and told airmax consecutively. He said he talked to Imabench about 3 times now, but nothings changed.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 4:04:29 PM

You and the member you contacted me about no longer seem to be having issues and that conflict seems to be in the past as far as I can tell (but if it isn't you need to PM me about it). If you are referring to Monty now, you haven't contacted me about him, and I'm only aware because you have mentioned how much you don't like him several times in the forums.
Debate.org Moderator
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 4:08:56 PM
At 3/22/2014 4:03:58 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:

Yup, excessive trolling. I asked him at least 3 times over pm to not respond to my comments

(Fun fact: me and jifpop have never even been in the same PM)

and told airmax consecutively. He said he talked to Imabench about 3 times now, but nothings changed.

I only bite when you try to set up secret harassment group recruitment threads, which you started making after I derailed that little DDO Revolution
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 4:10:33 PM

Who, Imabench?

Yup, excessive trolling. I asked him at least 3 times over pm to not respond to my comments, and told airmax consecutively. He said he talked to Imabench about 3 times now, but nothings changed.

You can explicitly request from Airmax to decide that you and him should never interact for a certain period of time, otherwise you'd be banned.

But try talking to him in the PM. I'm sure there could be a misunderstanding somewhere which you could resolve.
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 4:13:02 PM
At 3/22/2014 4:10:33 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

Who, Imabench?

You can explicitly request from Airmax to decide that you and him should never interact for a certain period of time, otherwise you'd be banned.

But try talking to him in the PM. I'm sure there could be a misunderstanding somewhere which you could resolve.

BELIEVE ME,, I have asked him as polite as possible to leave me be. He blocked me from Pm's, so I asked him a couple times over the forums and friend request message. I told him that I think he's being too harsh on me, and that I really don't want to be his enemy. Which was responded to by harassment. Clearly why the block forum function is needed
monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 12:11:02 AM
At 3/22/2014 4:04:29 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

You and the member you contacted me about no longer seem to be having issues and that conflict seems to be in the past as far as I can tell (but if it isn't you need to PM me about it). If you are referring to Monty now, you haven't contacted me about him, and I'm only aware because you have mentioned how much you don't like him several times in the forums.

Jifpop's only problem is that he disagrees with me on so many issues that I'm interested in discussing. And I would guess that any problems he has with others is that he is so entrenched in his ideas that he is unable to tolerate discussion that runs against his beliefs.

I can offer a fair solution to his problem. If you have the inclination, the time, and the patience then you should read exchanges between him and I in order to fairly determine where the problem lies.

In the past I have been rude and abusive to him perhaps as much as he has been to me. I'll leave that for you to judge. And I will keep it all above board and within the rules of the forum and respectfulness for the immediate future. I'll give it a few days in order to let you form some conclusions on what the problem really is. Then, if he continues in his current character I will offer up the same to him again.

A quick remark on what the problem comprises. My political beliefs on America and it's behaviour on the world stage are very outspoken and critical. This is the only genuine difference we have that is causing him problems of which he is asking to have dealt with.
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 12:38:08 AM
At 3/23/2014 12:11:02 AM, monty1 wrote:
At 3/22/2014 4:04:29 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Jifpop's only problem is that he disagrees with me on so many issues that I'm interested in discussing. And I would guess that any problems he has with others is that he is so entrenched in his ideas that he is unable to tolerate discussion that runs against his beliefs.

I can offer a fair solution to his problem. If you have the inclination, the time, and the patience then you should read exchanges between him and I in order to fairly determine where the problem lies.

In the past I have been rude and abusive to him perhaps as much as he has been to me. I'll leave that for you to judge. And I will keep it all above board and within the rules of the forum and respectfulness for the immediate future. I'll give it a few days in order to let you form some conclusions on what the problem really is. Then, if he continues in his current character I will offer up the same to him again.

A quick remark on what the problem comprises. My political beliefs on America and it's behaviour on the world stage are very outspoken and critical. This is the only genuine difference we have that is causing him problems of which he is asking to have dealt with.

This isn't about you, and stop avoiding my debate challenges. You say I don't participate in intelligent disscusiion, yet you decline all my challenges. Know what I think?.............. I think your scared.....
yay842
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 12:45:44 AM

you know, i was thinking the exact opposite
30 Important Life Lessons
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 12:49:57 AM
At 3/23/2014 12:45:44 AM, yay842 wrote:

There is no opposite :/
yay842
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 12:52:31 AM
At 3/23/2014 12:49:57 AM, Jifpop09 wrote:

but i declare your reform to be a farce. if we say some sh*t to somebody and they dont even know whats going on, thatd be poo. if a bully beats you up with words, you gotta fight back. you dont just get shot with words and if you're still alive you dont simply shrug it off. you gotta b*tch back at em
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 12:53:19 AM
At 3/23/2014 12:52:31 AM, yay842 wrote:

but i declare your reform to be a farce. if we say some sh*t to somebody and they dont even know whats going on, thatd be poo. if a bully beats you up with words, you gotta fight back. you dont just get shot with words and if you're still alive you dont simply shrug it off. you gotta b*tch back at em

Of course you can do that, but then you'll probably get banned.
yay842
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 12:55:50 AM
At 3/23/2014 12:53:19 AM, Jifpop09 wrote:

dood, i gets to b*tch and noboedy be doin nothin yo. see look here: balls, balls balls balls. nobody cares and lets say i suck that jifpop sucks balls. If DDO reformed like you wanted to, you wouldnt have noticed this and everyone would agree with me right under your nose, and you wouldnt even know about it how I say that jifpop is a big cojone who likes to eat gigantic mother***** and ******* and a ****** who is a ******** and **** and many more **** and asterisks and ****** and you wouldnt even know
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 12:56:49 AM
At 3/23/2014 12:55:50 AM, yay842 wrote:

dood, i gets to b*tch and noboedy be doin nothin yo. see look here: balls, balls balls balls. nobody cares and lets say i suck that jifpop sucks balls. If DDO reformed like you wanted to, you wouldnt have noticed this and everyone would agree with me right under your nose, and you wouldnt even know about it how I say that jifpop is a big cojone who likes to eat gigantic mother***** and ******* and a ****** who is a ******** and **** and many more **** and asterisks and ****** and you wouldnt even know

So, what your saying, is that I should reply to every coment with

balls balls cojone balls?
yay842
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 12:57:56 AM
At 3/23/2014 12:56:49 AM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 3/23/2014 12:55:50 AM, yay842 wrote:

So, what your saying, is that I should reply to every coment with

balls balls cojone balls?

naw foo, but the fact that you wouldnt even notice it is big balls. but thats just me, you can come up with more knowledgeable stuff, well not really but still you would at least know that this be goin on
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 12:59:07 AM

So basically a "prevent debating" button on a Debate site... So you can't be accountable for what you say... on a Debate site.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 1:00:15 AM

Nope.
Nolite Timere
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 1:01:30 AM
At 3/23/2014 12:59:07 AM, donald.keller wrote:

So basically a "prevent debating" button on a Debate site... So you can't be accountable for what you say... on a Debate site.

Well, just for specific people who you block. Its not like people are going to go off and block everyone on the site so there opinion goes unopposed. Its just to prevent flame wars. Maybe its a tool the moderator should have? We already have a option to deny accepting and voting, so why not deny reply?
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 1:03:18 AM
A block button would need to make it so that *you* couldn't see the person's posts, not so that *everyone* couldn't see the persons posts or so that the person can't even post inside one of your threads.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 1:11:52 AM
At 3/23/2014 1:01:30 AM, Jifpop09 wrote:

Well, just for specific people who you block. Its not like people are going to go off and block everyone on the site so there opinion goes unopposed. Its just to prevent flame wars. Maybe its a tool the moderator should have? We already have a option to deny accepting and voting, so why not deny reply?

So basically anyone who challenges you and win.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 1:13:16 AM
At 3/23/2014 1:11:52 AM, donald.keller wrote:

Its just on the forums, and yes, you should have the right to block people you know will intentionally flame you. Or maybe its a tool the moderator could have?
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 1:25:29 AM
At 3/23/2014 1:13:16 AM, Jifpop09 wrote:

Its just on the forums, and yes, you should have the right to block people you know will intentionally flame you. Or maybe its a tool the moderator could have?

1) Even the forums are for debate... Not blocking in the name of conformation.

2) Airmax already has that. It's a restriction notice. It's reserved for him for a reason.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 1:28:46 AM
At 3/23/2014 1:25:29 AM, donald.keller wrote:
At 3/23/2014 1:13:16 AM, Jifpop09 wrote:

1) Even the forums are for debate... Not blocking in the name of conformation.

2) Airmax already has that. It's a restriction notice. It's reserved for him for a reason.

By the way, you never sent me the FATE message.