Debate.org Moderator
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 12:56:18 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm only going to say this once...

I will be the youngest person ever inducted into the hall of fame. Someday.

Anyway, thett3, YYW, TUF is a great group!
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 1:01:42 AM
At 3/26/2014 12:56:18 AM, dtaylor971 wrote:

Awe good confidence :)
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 1:02:12 AM
Congrats to YYW, thett3 & TUF! :)
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 1:10:43 AM
At 3/26/2014 1:08:28 AM, TUF wrote:
Thank you so much guys!

You deserve it! Congrats!
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 1:14:05 AM
This might sound weird but Airmax ' s words made me cry a little. Dude is such a nice guy....
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 1:17:36 AM
At 3/26/2014 1:14:05 AM, TUF wrote:
This might sound weird but Airmax ' s words made me cry a little. Dude is such a nice guy....

Awe, not weird at all ;)
Max is an awesome person!
But he definitely wanted to take time to acknowledge you all who were chosen! :)
"Good Times" ~ Max
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 11:35:53 AM
At 3/26/2014 11:29:53 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Wut when did the voting take place

Bout 3 months ago
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 11:39:14 AM
"Rumor has it that you would have to kill 14 puppies by stomping them to death to get Thett to dislike you, and 14 might be lowballing it." hahahah
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 11:39:32 AM
At 3/26/2014 12:56:18 AM, dtaylor971 wrote:

I guess that's me right now

DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 11:39:55 AM
At 3/26/2014 11:39:14 AM, thett3 wrote:
"Rumor has it that you would have to kill 14 puppies by stomping them to death to get Thett to dislike you, and 14 might be lowballing it." hahahah

Well it's true ;D
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 11:45:00 AM
I think that loads of bull. YYW isn't that bad, but he's not that notable either.

YYW is many things to many people, but "humble" isn't one of them.

In other words, he's a prick.

Never shying away from controversy or letting everyone know how he feels about an :issue, YYW has been a contributing member to DDO for years now.

Except that this dude is known for raging over controversial matters he doesn't want discussed, and yet he doesn't "shy away" from controversy. I'm not sure if Airmax is trolling him at this point. And a contributor? Most of his forum posts are rage-wars against others.

Whatever he's speaking about, you can trust that he will offer his blunt opinion. This :might be problematic for someone less insightful or intelligent than YYW, but he :does it :with panache, and it is because of this bluntness that he is able to regularly offer :substance and value to the discussion at hand.

Yeah, because blunt opinions are a good method of discourse that is limited to intellectuals. I'm not sure if this sarcasm or something.

YYW has done over 40 debates and won the vast majority of them.

40 DEBATES? OH GOD.

He is a regular presence in the forums, offering his insight in virtually every forum section.

Yeah like, "DON'T DISCUSS THIS, THIS IS DISGUSTING."

This alone would be enough to get anyone elected into the Hall of Fame. But YYW has :also meant a lot more than that for the site.

Yeah, yeah. 11,000 forums posts of irrelevance and "yo mama" rage-wars can get anyone to the Hall of Fame. But YYW is more than that.

He has challenged the status quo, and while that is not always popular, it is always necessary.

Tears are going down my cheeks. What an accomplishment. He challenged the status quo. Forget Karl Marx, we have YYW among us.

He was a crucial contributor to my presidential administration. YYW regularly advocates for reforms.

Ah, I see. He supported your presidency, Airmax. Hmm. How convenient.

He has spoken up for unpopular members. He's always stood up for the things that he believes in.

You mean like raging on ADOL who is simply a new member just expressing his opinions honestly?

YYW would never claim to want to be everyone's friend. He would never say that he :wanted to be liked by everyone. But he has always stood for his principles, and has :earned respect (occasionally grudgingly) from the community at large.

LOL.

DDO is a site for debate, discussion, and the constant challenging of one's beliefs. No :one does all of those things more than YYW, who has relentlessly challenged the site :membership to question and consider how it views itself and how it should move forward.

By taking us a few years backward to censorship committees and book-burners, I see your point, Airmax.

For all of these reasons, YYW has earned his place in the sites Hall of Fame as one of :those members who, whether we like it or not, constantly gets us to consider every :aspect of the site and ourselves.

What a disappointment.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 3:24:58 PM
At 3/26/2014 12:45:33 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
Congratulations to DDOs newly inducted Hall of fame members:

Thett3

YYW

TUF

The HOF thread can be viewed in the misc stickies:

lol, I find it funny that after people began complaining that it hasn't been updated that it finally got done.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 4:03:13 PM
At 3/26/2014 11:45:00 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
I think that loads of bull. YYW isn't that bad, but he's not that notable either.

These are what you call bogey prizes, Niquash. It is disturbing to read how meaningless some people's lives are, though.
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 4:11:14 PM
At 3/26/2014 4:03:13 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:

These are what you call bogey prizes, Niquash. It is disturbing to read how meaningless some people's lives are, though.

As Michel de Montaigne puts it, "Even on the highest throne in the world, we are still sitting on our asss."
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 4:13:43 PM
At 3/26/2014 4:11:14 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 3/26/2014 4:03:13 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:

As Michel de Montaigne puts it, "Even on the highest throne in the world, we are still sitting on our asss."

That owns. I was looking up stuff by him only a few days ago but found nothing.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 4:15:36 PM

YYW is many things to many people, but "humble" isn't one of them.

In other words, he's a prick.

The vast majority of people on this site like me, and all the people who matter do as well. There are others who used to hate me, but have come to understand how I operate, and now we're friends. There are some who think I'm just mean, because I never say anything nice about them. I could pretend to be nice and I'm sure win more than a few people's good favor -but I'm just not interested in that. In life I have to navigate the fragile egos of men who are in positions of power over me, or who I need things from. Women are usually less irritating like that, but I digress. Kissing @ss is not something I'm going to occasion myself to do here.

There is a distinct minority, as well, who feel stupid whenever they talk to me so they internalize that as a problem with me an not with them. I would be lying if I said that I don't talk down to some people intentionally, as well. So, I am acutely aware of where I stand with almost all members of this site. Realize that you have a choice to interact with me or not. If you think it's a prudent use of your time to talk to me, then by all means -but realize that I make no promise to be nice to you, to respect your point of view or to give a fvck about what you have to say. Your feelings are yours, and not my problem. If that offends you, deal with it. I am very comfortable with how I am perceived on this site.
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 4:16:17 PM
Congrats to all the inductees!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 4:35:56 PM
Congratulations to Thett3, YYW, and Tuf for being inducted into the Hall of Fame!

This is a truly terrific accomplishment!
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 4:36:26 PM
At 3/26/2014 4:35:56 PM, Juan_Pablo wrote:
Congratulations to Thett3, YYW, and Tuf for being inducted into the Hall of Fame!

Thanks, Juan!
Tsar of DDO
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 4:38:18 PM
YYW, seriously now, do you not feel like an absolute tool addressing your every single post to me? I mean it doesn't make me interest in you, nor piss me off... it's just something sad I read in passing from time to time - like in bluesteel's "enough" thread, all that calling other people stupid... you're obsessed, and I don't care, lol. I laughed at Skepsikyma's response to you in that thread you made in Politics, too.
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 4:39:01 PM
At 3/26/2014 4:36:26 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/26/2014 4:35:56 PM, Juan_Pablo wrote:

Thanks, Juan!

*Showers YYW with rose petals!*

No problem. And congratulate again, YYW!
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 4:40:38 PM
At 3/26/2014 4:38:18 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
YYW, seriously now, do you not feel like an absolute tool addressing your every single post to me? I mean it doesn't make me interest in you, nor piss me off... it's just something sad I read in passing from time to time - like in bluesteel's "enough" thread, all that calling other people stupid... you're obsessed, and I don't care, lol. I laughed at Skepsikyma's response to you in that thread you made in Politics, too.

Actually dude I was talking about Haroush, and a few other members. If you want to know who I was specifically alluding to I'll be happy to talk about it via PM, but not here because I don't want this to become a flame war. I wasn't even thinking about you...
Tsar of DDO