- Whiteflame.

- Bladerunner.

- RoyLatham

- Magic8000

- Kleptin

- Ore-Ele

- Bsh1

- Ragnar.

In case you want to go against popular members with known vote alliances that could ruin your bouffant(I'm not sure why I used that phrase, really), it makes sense to limit the judges of your debate to those people or a set of other people that your opponent would generally find reliable too. No?
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 9:45:39 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Thanks for including me on your list.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 9:53:31 AM
Totally whiteflame. He always gives good RFDs too in every vote I've seen.. even if I don't agree with him, lol.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 10:44:53 AM
At 3/26/2014 9:53:31 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
Totally whiteflame. He always gives good RFDs too in every vote I've seen.. even if I don't agree with him, lol.

I'm sorry to report that whiteflame has f*cked up in one debate, the debate between Rationalthinker and Kbub, by saying that he doesn't follow rules, an exact opposite of what he said in Mikal's debate one day ago. But since he usually has quality votes, I'm going to leave him on the list, but I guess he's succumbing to friend-biases.
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 10:46:12 AM
At 3/26/2014 10:44:53 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

I'm sorry to report that whiteflame has f*cked up in one debate, the debate between Rationalthinker and Kbub, by saying that he doesn't follow rules, an exact opposite of what he said in Mikal's debate one day ago. But since he usually has quality votes, I'm going to leave him on the list, but I guess he's succumbing to friend-biases.

I actually agree with you there. But at least he gave an extensive and valid RFD.

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 11:15:37 AM
I'd also add Krazzy_Player. He's voted on a number of my debates that were forfeits and I didn't think anyone would even look at. 855 votes in 3 months ain't bad, lol.

philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 11:50:07 AM
At 3/26/2014 8:17:26 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

- RoyLatham

Roy gives a pretty bad RFD sometimes. LIke on one of my debates, his RFD had nothing to do with the content of the debate, and he appeared to simply be voting his own bias.

http://www.debate.org...

I'm pretty sure I've seen him vote like that on other debates, too, but since he's got so many votes, I don't want to go look them up. Roy may be a good voter most of the time, but some of his votes are real doozies.

I think Phantom is a good voter.

Rational_Thinker is also a good voter.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 11:57:34 AM
At 3/26/2014 11:50:07 AM, philochristos wrote:

- RoyLatham

Roy gives a pretty bad RFD sometimes. LIke on one of my debates, his RFD had nothing to do with the content of the debate, and he appeared to simply be voting his own bias.

I'm pretty sure I've seen him vote like that on other debates, too, but since he's got so :many votes, I don't want to go look them up. Roy may be a good voter most of the time, :but some of his votes are real doozies.

What's so interesting in your case is that even your opponent seemed mad at him.
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 1:09:59 PM

In case you want to go against popular members with known vote alliances that could ruin your bouffant(I'm not sure why I used that phrase, really), it makes sense to limit the judges of your debate to those people or a set of other people that your opponent would generally find reliable too. No?

That's true, It might be nice if debaters could choose a panel of judges the same way attorneys select jurors. The problem is that it's impractical. I consider myself lucky when one person votes on one of my debates. I seriously doubt I could assembly a whole pool of people willing to vote on my debates and then be able to select from that pool. I'm not sure I'd even volunteer to be in a pool like that unless I had reason ahead of time to believe the debate I was being selected for was going to be really interesting to me and not over my head.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 2:50:27 PM
I'll grant that some voters are more reliable than others, but everybody has their own quirks as to what sets them off. If you attempt to restrict who can vote, you'll end up with very few voters. I'm in a tournament with a long list of preferred voters. Most voted on the first debate or two, then interest dropped, so we are back to the norm of scrounging voters. Besides, I think any DDO member who takes the time to read a debate ought to get to vote on it, until he reveals himself to be a vote bomber.
whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 4:32:50 PM

I do appreciate you including me on this list, though I did give a full explanation for why I felt kbub won that debate. Frankly, I thought he was on the verge of losing it the whole time, and even a simplistic argument for why following the rules is good would have swayed me. I've noticed that I'm not going to get much agreement on that decision, and that's fine by me. Reasonable people can disagree.
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 4:53:13 PM
At 3/26/2014 2:50:27 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
I'll grant that some voters are more reliable than others, but everybody has their own quirks as to what sets them off. If you attempt to restrict who can vote, you'll end up with very few voters. I'm in a tournament with a long list of preferred voters. Most voted on the first debate or two, then interest dropped, so we are back to the norm of scrounging voters. Besides, I think any DDO member who takes the time to read a debate ought to get to vote on it, until he reveals himself to be a vote bomber.

So I use my 1,000th post responding to RoyLatham's 4,000th post. What are the odds?
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 4:56:11 PM
At 3/26/2014 4:32:50 PM, whiteflame wrote:

I do appreciate you including me on this list, though I did give a full explanation for why I felt kbub won that debate. Frankly, I thought he was on the verge of losing it the whole time, and even a simplistic argument for why following the rules is good would have swayed me. I've noticed that I'm not going to get much agreement on that decision, and that's fine by me. Reasonable people can disagree.

Thanks for your response, but I don't understand that logic. The debate was not on "following debate rules," Kbub derailed the debate to that topic. In other words, RT should have felt no obligation to go into a meta-debate about the debate itself, when Kbub could have started that in the comments and never accepted the debate to begin with. If you create a debate on theology and enforce a rule that your opponent should defend atheism, imagine me arguing for pantheism and saying that I wouldn't want to follow any rules, and then have someone voting for me because my opponent did not explain why it is important to enforce his rule on why I should only defend atheism(which, in most cases, could just be a personal preference the initiator makes because he wants to argue against atheists). This is meaningless. You either follow the rule or you don't, or otherwise anyone can do what Kbub did and derail any troll debate(by arguing against trolling) or debate-game, and then make sure to have enough reasonable arguments to argue that such and such rules shouldn't be followed from his perspective. This could happen to you, me and everyone, and it would just lessen the structure and beauty of initiating a debate in a proper format and form.
whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 7:52:38 PM
At 3/26/2014 4:56:11 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 3/26/2014 4:32:50 PM, whiteflame wrote:

Thanks for your response, but I don't understand that logic. The debate was not on "following debate rules," Kbub derailed the debate to that topic. In other words, RT should have felt no obligation to go into a meta-debate about the debate itself, when Kbub could have started that in the comments and never accepted the debate to begin with. If you create a debate on theology and enforce a rule that your opponent should defend atheism, imagine me arguing for pantheism and saying that I wouldn't want to follow any rules, and then have someone voting for me because my opponent did not explain why it is important to enforce his rule on why I should only defend atheism(which, in most cases, could just be a personal preference the initiator makes because he wants to argue against atheists). This is meaningless. You either follow the rule or you don't, or otherwise anyone can do what Kbub did and derail any troll debate(by arguing against trolling) or debate-game, and then make sure to have enough reasonable arguments to argue that such and such rules shouldn't be followed from his perspective. This could happen to you, me and everyone, and it would just lessen the structure and beauty of initiating a debate in a proper format and form.

I agree completely. I faced this kind of argument in competitive debate multiple times, and hated it every single time. It was one of the most annoying repeated experiences of my debate career, and one I wish not to repeat. And if Rational_Thinker had said either of those things in the three rounds of opportunities he had to do so, I would have been all too happy to vote for him as a result.

But he didn't. Instead, he put the onus on the judges to assume the harms of this type of argument being used more broadly. It is not my job as a judge to extrapolate from the round and ask questions that aren't being asked within the debate. I recognize that this sort of argument is harmful to debate, at least as I perceive it, but I'm not going to apply my views on how debate should be to a round just because I dislike the way someone is twisting it.

In the end, for me, it was up to Rational_Thinker to provide some response. If he wanted to respond on the meta-debate, he could have done that. If he wanted to state how ridiculous Con's argument was and why it's harmful to debate as a whole, he could have done that. As he did neither, he gave me no way to pick him up beyond bringing my own biases about how debate should be into the round. Either I'm biased by the way the rules structure is constructed on this site and within the debate, or I'm biased by how I suspect this kind of argument will be used in future debates - either way, I'm functioning by inserting a new argument into the debate that was never there.
ADreamOfLiberty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 1:21:14 AM
My list would be :

The end

That's right I haven't seen anyone reliably evaluate a debate besides me, and I can't vote.
LOL, yeah, it's pretty amazing how they think they can "reason" with you. - Sidewalker, speaking of advocates for sexual deviancy.

So, my advice, Liberty, is to go somewhere else. Leave, and never come back. - YYW

And that's what I did. Contact me at http://www.edeb8.com... by the same user name if you have anything you'd like to say.
9spaceking
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 4:39:19 PM
At 4/18/2014 2:09:34 PM, Romanii wrote:
One day, I will make it onto these lists....

ehhh....you're a good debater. You shouldn't be too bad of a voter.
Oh, and add imabench. Sure, he had troll debates and troll posts, but his voting doesn't seem to be troll. Not that I know of. And everyone else in the Hall of Fame.
Equestrian election

This House would impose democracy

Reign of Terror is unjustified

Raise min. wage to $10.10
ManofFewWords
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 5:22:28 PM
At 3/27/2014 1:21:14 AM, ADreamOfLiberty wrote:
My list would be :

The end

That's right I haven't seen anyone reliably evaluate a debate besides me, and I can't vote.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 8:14:34 PM

Why do you want to? You will just be labeled biased and part of the established elite. I take pride in never having made any list in 6 years.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
MyDinosaurHands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 9:03:43 PM
At least nobody sh*t talked my voting so far!
Guess what I used to type this..

Careful! Don't laugh too hard.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 9:40:13 PM
At 4/18/2014 9:03:43 PM, MyDinosaurHands wrote:

Your voting sucks. I hope you never vote on one of my debates ever again. Ya loser.
MyDinosaurHands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 9:42:44 PM
At 4/18/2014 9:40:13 PM, Romanii wrote:

Your voting sucks. I hope you never vote on one of my debates ever again. Ya loser.

http://ts3.mm.bing.net...
Guess what I used to type this..

Careful! Don't laugh too hard.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 9:56:23 PM
At 4/18/2014 9:42:44 PM, MyDinosaurHands wrote:
At 4/18/2014 9:40:13 PM, Romanii wrote:

http://ts3.mm.bing.net...

It's okay. I didn't mean it....

Lol I can only remember one of my debates you've voted on...
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 11:43:56 PM
At 4/18/2014 8:14:34 PM, sadolite wrote:

Why do you want to? You will just be labeled biased and part of the established elite. I take pride in never having made any list in 6 years.

Being a good, well-respected voter doesn't equate to being a biased elite...
Just look at whiteflame...
whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2014 12:33:25 AM
At 4/18/2014 11:43:56 PM, Romanii wrote:

Hey now, I'm the most biased and elitist of the bunch. I'm biased against every argument and person on here, and everyone knows I only vote on debates that exist. I'm bad news people, bad news...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2014 12:55:32 AM
At 4/19/2014 12:33:25 AM, whiteflame wrote:
At 4/18/2014 11:43:56 PM, Romanii wrote:

Hey now, I'm the most biased and elitist of the bunch. I'm biased against every argument and person on here, and everyone knows I only vote on debates that exist. I'm bad news people, bad news...

lol
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...