Total Posts:20|Showing Posts:1-20
Jump to topic:

How to pickup voters against RoyLatham

NiqashMotawadi3
Posts: 1,895
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 8:38:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
It's simple... All a matter of peer pressure.

1- Start a rant about the voting system or a petition on the voting system.

2- Include a link of a debate still in the voting period for no obvious reason, but in a disguised attempt to say that you had this epiphany on the voting system because of it(also include the direct link, because God knows what), and take the side against RoyLatham after you have already left a recent vote against him on the debate.

3- Expect more votes against Roy.

Take note that this would work better if not you but one of your friends/minions advertised the debate for you.

The problem is not with the voting system per se, but with the DDO parasites who have reached their ELO with in-friend voting.
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 8:45:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/26/2014 8:38:45 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
It's simple... All a matter of peer pressure.

1- Start a rant about the voting system or a petition on the voting system.

2- Include a link of a debate still in the voting period for no obvious reason, but in a disguised attempt to say that you had this epiphany on the voting system because of it(also include the direct link, because God knows what), and take the side against RoyLatham after you have already left a recent vote against him on the debate.

3- Expect more votes against Roy.

: Take note that this would work better if not you but one of your friends/minions advertised the debate for you.

I didn't ask Crypto to vote on the debate. I *did* ask some people to vote on it, and some of them voted against me and that's fine. It's a close debate that's probably going to come down to the wire. We both made mistakes and it's going to come down to how the judge's weigh them. But this sentence indicts me for trying to cheat in order to win with absolutely no evidence: Your claim stipulates that I a) Asked Crypto to vote under the assumption that he had to vote for me because he's my "minion" apparently, and b) Crypto included the debate in his petition not because it was *relevant* to the OP but because somehow having a petition against the voting system on the main page (where everyone, pro or con could see it and the debate) will get me more votes and Crypto actually cares about the outcome of the debate. Come on man.

The problem is not with the voting system per se, but with the DDO parasites who have reached their ELO with in-friend voting.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
NiqashMotawadi3
Posts: 1,895
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 8:46:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/26/2014 8:43:09 PM, Raisor wrote:
How to post needless inflammatory troll bait^^

How is that needless? It's simply a matter of critical-mindedness, but you could enjoy seeing herded sheep, who are driven to vote on debates that are held just for needs of self-confirmation and ELO vendetta.

You yourself voted on one of the advertised debates, and I suspect it was because you saw it linked in the forums, so I can see why you would be embarrassed that you fell for the trap.
NiqashMotawadi3
Posts: 1,895
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 8:50:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/26/2014 8:45:40 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 3/26/2014 8:38:45 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
It's simple... All a matter of peer pressure.

1- Start a rant about the voting system or a petition on the voting system.

2- Include a link of a debate still in the voting period for no obvious reason, but in a disguised attempt to say that you had this epiphany on the voting system because of it(also include the direct link, because God knows what), and take the side against RoyLatham after you have already left a recent vote against him on the debate.

3- Expect more votes against Roy.

: Take note that this would work better if not you but one of your friends/minions advertised the debate for you.

I didn't ask Crypto to vote on the debate. I *did* ask some people to vote on it, and some of them voted against me and that's fine. It's a close debate that's probably going to come down to the wire. We both made mistakes and it's going to come down to how the judge's weigh them. But this sentence indicts me for trying to cheat in order to win with absolutely no evidence: Your claim stipulates that I a) Asked Crypto to vote under the assumption that he had to vote for me because he's my "minion" apparently, and b) Crypto included the debate in his petition not because it was *relevant* to the OP but because somehow having a petition against the voting system on the main page (where everyone, pro or con could see it and the debate) will get me more votes and Crypto actually cares about the outcome of the debate. Come on man.

The problem is not with the voting system per se, but with the DDO parasites who have reached their ELO with in-friend voting.

Summary: Red herring fallacy by Thett3.

I could simply have asserted from Crytpo's petition that someone can do what he did to get voters, not that Crypto did that because you told him. I didn't make one accusation against him in this thread.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 8:52:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/26/2014 8:38:45 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
It's simple... All a matter of peer pressure.

1- Start a rant about the voting system or a petition on the voting system.

2- Include a link of a debate still in the voting period for no obvious reason, but in a disguised attempt to say that you had this epiphany on the voting system because of it(also include the direct link, because God knows what), and take the side against RoyLatham after you have already left a recent vote against him on the debate.

3- Expect more votes against Roy.

Take note that this would work better if not you but one of your friends/minions advertised the debate for you.

The problem is not with the voting system per se, but with the DDO parasites who have reached their ELO with in-friend voting.

Okay. I'll admit Crypto's post was clearly biased, but he's one person. Any debater worth their salt, IF they decided to click the link, IF they decided to read the whole debate, and IF they decided to vote, would not necessarily vote against thett.

Posting links is just a way to try and get more people to see the debate - not necessarily to vote for one person or the other.
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 8:53:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/26/2014 8:50:56 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 3/26/2014 8:45:40 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 3/26/2014 8:38:45 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
It's simple... All a matter of peer pressure.

1- Start a rant about the voting system or a petition on the voting system.

2- Include a link of a debate still in the voting period for no obvious reason, but in a disguised attempt to say that you had this epiphany on the voting system because of it(also include the direct link, because God knows what), and take the side against RoyLatham after you have already left a recent vote against him on the debate.

3- Expect more votes against Roy.

: Take note that this would work better if not you but one of your friends/minions advertised the debate for you.

I didn't ask Crypto to vote on the debate. I *did* ask some people to vote on it, and some of them voted against me and that's fine. It's a close debate that's probably going to come down to the wire. We both made mistakes and it's going to come down to how the judge's weigh them. But this sentence indicts me for trying to cheat in order to win with absolutely no evidence: Your claim stipulates that I a) Asked Crypto to vote under the assumption that he had to vote for me because he's my "minion" apparently, and b) Crypto included the debate in his petition not because it was *relevant* to the OP but because somehow having a petition against the voting system on the main page (where everyone, pro or con could see it and the debate) will get me more votes and Crypto actually cares about the outcome of the debate. Come on man.

The problem is not with the voting system per se, but with the DDO parasites who have reached their ELO with in-friend voting.

Summary: Red herring fallacy by Thett3.

I could simply have asserted from Crytpo's petition that someone can do what he did to get voters, not that Crypto did that because you told him. I didn't make one accusation against him in this thread.

Re read the bolded sentence. Who is the "you" referring to if not me? Don't cower from the issue, are you accusing me of cheating or not? If not, I apologize but if you are you need to substantiate it a lot more than that.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
NiqashMotawadi3
Posts: 1,895
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 8:55:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/26/2014 8:52:53 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 3/26/2014 8:38:45 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
It's simple... All a matter of peer pressure.

1- Start a rant about the voting system or a petition on the voting system.

2- Include a link of a debate still in the voting period for no obvious reason, but in a disguised attempt to say that you had this epiphany on the voting system because of it(also include the direct link, because God knows what), and take the side against RoyLatham after you have already left a recent vote against him on the debate.

3- Expect more votes against Roy.

Take note that this would work better if not you but one of your friends/minions advertised the debate for you.

The problem is not with the voting system per se, but with the DDO parasites who have reached their ELO with in-friend voting.

Okay. I'll admit Crypto's post was clearly biased, but he's one person. Any debater worth their salt, IF they decided to click the link, IF they decided to read the whole debate, and IF they decided to vote, would not necessarily vote against thett.

Posting links is just a way to try and get more people to see the debate - not necessarily to vote for one person or the other.

This is not about what Crypto did, but what could be generally done. And no, I've came to the conclusion that 95% of the users here are herded sheep, and the other 5% are most likely herded sheep.
NiqashMotawadi3
Posts: 1,895
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 8:57:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/26/2014 8:53:47 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 3/26/2014 8:50:56 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 3/26/2014 8:45:40 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 3/26/2014 8:38:45 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
It's simple... All a matter of peer pressure.

1- Start a rant about the voting system or a petition on the voting system.

2- Include a link of a debate still in the voting period for no obvious reason, but in a disguised attempt to say that you had this epiphany on the voting system because of it(also include the direct link, because God knows what), and take the side against RoyLatham after you have already left a recent vote against him on the debate.

3- Expect more votes against Roy.

: Take note that this would work better if not you but one of your friends/minions advertised the debate for you.

I didn't ask Crypto to vote on the debate. I *did* ask some people to vote on it, and some of them voted against me and that's fine. It's a close debate that's probably going to come down to the wire. We both made mistakes and it's going to come down to how the judge's weigh them. But this sentence indicts me for trying to cheat in order to win with absolutely no evidence: Your claim stipulates that I a) Asked Crypto to vote under the assumption that he had to vote for me because he's my "minion" apparently, and b) Crypto included the debate in his petition not because it was *relevant* to the OP but because somehow having a petition against the voting system on the main page (where everyone, pro or con could see it and the debate) will get me more votes and Crypto actually cares about the outcome of the debate. Come on man.

The problem is not with the voting system per se, but with the DDO parasites who have reached their ELO with in-friend voting.

Summary: Red herring fallacy by Thett3.

I could simply have asserted from Crytpo's petition that someone can do what he did to get voters, not that Crypto did that because you told him. I didn't make one accusation against him in this thread.

Re read the bolded sentence. Who is the "you" referring to if not me? Don't cower from the issue, are you accusing me of cheating or not? If not, I apologize but if you are you need to substantiate it a lot more than that.

"You" to the person reading this helpful brochure on how to pickup votes. I don't have enough evidence to convict you of cheating, and so I won't. This is in no way directed against you.
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 8:57:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/26/2014 8:57:06 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 3/26/2014 8:53:47 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 3/26/2014 8:50:56 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 3/26/2014 8:45:40 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 3/26/2014 8:38:45 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
It's simple... All a matter of peer pressure.

1- Start a rant about the voting system or a petition on the voting system.

2- Include a link of a debate still in the voting period for no obvious reason, but in a disguised attempt to say that you had this epiphany on the voting system because of it(also include the direct link, because God knows what), and take the side against RoyLatham after you have already left a recent vote against him on the debate.

3- Expect more votes against Roy.

: Take note that this would work better if not you but one of your friends/minions advertised the debate for you.

I didn't ask Crypto to vote on the debate. I *did* ask some people to vote on it, and some of them voted against me and that's fine. It's a close debate that's probably going to come down to the wire. We both made mistakes and it's going to come down to how the judge's weigh them. But this sentence indicts me for trying to cheat in order to win with absolutely no evidence: Your claim stipulates that I a) Asked Crypto to vote under the assumption that he had to vote for me because he's my "minion" apparently, and b) Crypto included the debate in his petition not because it was *relevant* to the OP but because somehow having a petition against the voting system on the main page (where everyone, pro or con could see it and the debate) will get me more votes and Crypto actually cares about the outcome of the debate. Come on man.

The problem is not with the voting system per se, but with the DDO parasites who have reached their ELO with in-friend voting.

Summary: Red herring fallacy by Thett3.

I could simply have asserted from Crytpo's petition that someone can do what he did to get voters, not that Crypto did that because you told him. I didn't make one accusation against him in this thread.

Re read the bolded sentence. Who is the "you" referring to if not me? Don't cower from the issue, are you accusing me of cheating or not? If not, I apologize but if you are you need to substantiate it a lot more than that.

"You" to the person reading this helpful brochure on how to pickup votes. I don't have enough evidence to convict you of cheating, and so I won't. This is in no way directed against you.

Alright, fair enough.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 8:58:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/26/2014 8:55:05 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 3/26/2014 8:52:53 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 3/26/2014 8:38:45 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
It's simple... All a matter of peer pressure.

1- Start a rant about the voting system or a petition on the voting system.

2- Include a link of a debate still in the voting period for no obvious reason, but in a disguised attempt to say that you had this epiphany on the voting system because of it(also include the direct link, because God knows what), and take the side against RoyLatham after you have already left a recent vote against him on the debate.

3- Expect more votes against Roy.

Take note that this would work better if not you but one of your friends/minions advertised the debate for you.

The problem is not with the voting system per se, but with the DDO parasites who have reached their ELO with in-friend voting.

Okay. I'll admit Crypto's post was clearly biased, but he's one person. Any debater worth their salt, IF they decided to click the link, IF they decided to read the whole debate, and IF they decided to vote, would not necessarily vote against thett.

Posting links is just a way to try and get more people to see the debate - not necessarily to vote for one person or the other.

This is not about what Crypto did, but what could be generally done. And no, I've came to the conclusion that 95% of the users here are herded sheep, and the other 5% are most likely herded sheep.

I don't think I believe you when you say it isn't about Crypto. Maybe it isn't JUST about him, but the timing and content testifies otherwise. You yourself list the voting and mention Roy as examples.

What makes you think 95% of users are herded sheep? I've encountered several intelligent users on here.
NiqashMotawadi3
Posts: 1,895
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 9:04:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/26/2014 8:58:03 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 3/26/2014 8:55:05 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 3/26/2014 8:52:53 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 3/26/2014 8:38:45 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
It's simple... All a matter of peer pressure.

1- Start a rant about the voting system or a petition on the voting system.

2- Include a link of a debate still in the voting period for no obvious reason, but in a disguised attempt to say that you had this epiphany on the voting system because of it(also include the direct link, because God knows what), and take the side against RoyLatham after you have already left a recent vote against him on the debate.

3- Expect more votes against Roy.

Take note that this would work better if not you but one of your friends/minions advertised the debate for you.

The problem is not with the voting system per se, but with the DDO parasites who have reached their ELO with in-friend voting.

Okay. I'll admit Crypto's post was clearly biased, but he's one person. Any debater worth their salt, IF they decided to click the link, IF they decided to read the whole debate, and IF they decided to vote, would not necessarily vote against thett.

Posting links is just a way to try and get more people to see the debate - not necessarily to vote for one person or the other.

This is not about what Crypto did, but what could be generally done. And no, I've came to the conclusion that 95% of the users here are herded sheep, and the other 5% are most likely herded sheep.

I don't think I believe you when you say it isn't about Crypto. Maybe it isn't JUST about :him, but the timing and content testifies otherwise. You yourself list the voting and :mention Roy as examples.

To be honest, Crypto has a good reputation around here, so I'm not sure if he would do such a thing, but if you pay attention, you will see someone else 2 days ago wrote a lengthy rant which drastically changed the outcome of one viral debate you can still find on the main-page. I just noticed a pattern and spoke about it. Whether people are doing that on purpose or not is something for you to figure out.

What makes you think 95% of users are herded sheep? I've encountered several :intelligent users on here.

I've met many people in my life who are intelligent because they fully comprehend and do what they're told, but that doesn't make them independent thinkers who I won't call herded sheep. But again, 5% of the people here seem like independent thinkers to me.
Mikal
Posts: 11,268
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 10:34:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
How to pick up votes against roy.

Beat him, unless you are me and win by 6 or 7 people and still have a 1 point debate due to 7 point vote bombs because he is "roy".
yay842
Posts: 5,680
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 10:48:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
How to pickup voters against RoyLatham
1. hoard a bunch of people
2. use propaganda
3. tell them to vote for you
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
http://www.debate.org...
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
http://www.debate.org...
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 11:04:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/26/2014 8:52:53 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 3/26/2014 8:38:45 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
It's simple... All a matter of peer pressure.

1- Start a rant about the voting system or a petition on the voting system.

2- Include a link of a debate still in the voting period for no obvious reason, but in a disguised attempt to say that you had this epiphany on the voting system because of it(also include the direct link, because God knows what), and take the side against RoyLatham after you have already left a recent vote against him on the debate.

3- Expect more votes against Roy.

Take note that this would work better if not you but one of your friends/minions advertised the debate for you.

The problem is not with the voting system per se, but with the DDO parasites who have reached their ELO with in-friend voting.

Okay. I'll admit Crypto's post was clearly biased, but he's one person. Any debater worth their salt, IF they decided to click the link, IF they decided to read the whole debate, and IF they decided to vote, would not necessarily vote against thett.

Posting links is just a way to try and get more people to see the debate - not necessarily to vote for one person or the other.

Woah woah woah I did not post the debate declaring that Thett3 clearly own or anything like that. I posted it so users could take a look and learn more about the issue of the vote system as a whole, not to necessarily persuade anyone to do anything.
Nolite Timere
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 11:07:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/26/2014 8:38:45 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
It's simple... All a matter of peer pressure.

1- Start a rant about the voting system or a petition on the voting system.

2- Include a link of a debate still in the voting period for no obvious reason, but in a disguised attempt to say that you had this epiphany on the voting system because of it(also include the direct link, because God knows what), and take the side against RoyLatham after you have already left a recent vote against him on the debate.

3- Expect more votes against Roy.

Take note that this would work better if not you but one of your friends/minions advertised the debate for you.

The problem is not with the voting system per se, but with the DDO parasites who have reached their ELO with in-friend voting.

I posted the debate link so that any users who saw the issue I presented on the petition could learn more about the issue. It was not on purpose that I happened to post the debate link while agreeing with Thett3's side of the argument. I wanted to promote and excellent debate that was relevant to the issue I was talking about in order to educate users on the issue.
Nolite Timere
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 11:08:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/26/2014 11:04:01 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 3/26/2014 8:52:53 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 3/26/2014 8:38:45 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
It's simple... All a matter of peer pressure.

1- Start a rant about the voting system or a petition on the voting system.

2- Include a link of a debate still in the voting period for no obvious reason, but in a disguised attempt to say that you had this epiphany on the voting system because of it(also include the direct link, because God knows what), and take the side against RoyLatham after you have already left a recent vote against him on the debate.

3- Expect more votes against Roy.

Take note that this would work better if not you but one of your friends/minions advertised the debate for you.

The problem is not with the voting system per se, but with the DDO parasites who have reached their ELO with in-friend voting.

Okay. I'll admit Crypto's post was clearly biased, but he's one person. Any debater worth their salt, IF they decided to click the link, IF they decided to read the whole debate, and IF they decided to vote, would not necessarily vote against thett.

Posting links is just a way to try and get more people to see the debate - not necessarily to vote for one person or the other.

Woah woah woah I did not post the debate declaring that Thett3 clearly own or anything like that. I posted it so users could take a look and learn more about the issue of the vote system as a whole, not to necessarily persuade anyone to do anything.

I know you didn't say he won. But linking the debate in a forum post clearly advocating one side - changing the debate voting structure via petition - well, it does send a message.
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 11:12:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/26/2014 11:08:11 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 3/26/2014 11:04:01 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 3/26/2014 8:52:53 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 3/26/2014 8:38:45 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
It's simple... All a matter of peer pressure.

1- Start a rant about the voting system or a petition on the voting system.

2- Include a link of a debate still in the voting period for no obvious reason, but in a disguised attempt to say that you had this epiphany on the voting system because of it(also include the direct link, because God knows what), and take the side against RoyLatham after you have already left a recent vote against him on the debate.

3- Expect more votes against Roy.

Take note that this would work better if not you but one of your friends/minions advertised the debate for you.

The problem is not with the voting system per se, but with the DDO parasites who have reached their ELO with in-friend voting.

Okay. I'll admit Crypto's post was clearly biased, but he's one person. Any debater worth their salt, IF they decided to click the link, IF they decided to read the whole debate, and IF they decided to vote, would not necessarily vote against thett.

Posting links is just a way to try and get more people to see the debate - not necessarily to vote for one person or the other.

Woah woah woah I did not post the debate declaring that Thett3 clearly own or anything like that. I posted it so users could take a look and learn more about the issue of the vote system as a whole, not to necessarily persuade anyone to do anything.

I know you didn't say he won. But linking the debate in a forum post clearly advocating one side - changing the debate voting structure via petition - well, it does send a message.

That was purely accidental. I certainly did not try to do that. In the end though, would it even matter what I think on the issue? I'd think users would be able to think independently enough to not base their opinion on what I think.
Nolite Timere
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 11:13:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/26/2014 11:12:39 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 3/26/2014 11:08:11 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 3/26/2014 11:04:01 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 3/26/2014 8:52:53 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 3/26/2014 8:38:45 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
It's simple... All a matter of peer pressure.

1- Start a rant about the voting system or a petition on the voting system.

2- Include a link of a debate still in the voting period for no obvious reason, but in a disguised attempt to say that you had this epiphany on the voting system because of it(also include the direct link, because God knows what), and take the side against RoyLatham after you have already left a recent vote against him on the debate.

3- Expect more votes against Roy.

Take note that this would work better if not you but one of your friends/minions advertised the debate for you.

The problem is not with the voting system per se, but with the DDO parasites who have reached their ELO with in-friend voting.

Okay. I'll admit Crypto's post was clearly biased, but he's one person. Any debater worth their salt, IF they decided to click the link, IF they decided to read the whole debate, and IF they decided to vote, would not necessarily vote against thett.

Posting links is just a way to try and get more people to see the debate - not necessarily to vote for one person or the other.

Woah woah woah I did not post the debate declaring that Thett3 clearly own or anything like that. I posted it so users could take a look and learn more about the issue of the vote system as a whole, not to necessarily persuade anyone to do anything.

I know you didn't say he won. But linking the debate in a forum post clearly advocating one side - changing the debate voting structure via petition - well, it does send a message.

That was purely accidental. I certainly did not try to do that. In the end though, would it even matter what I think on the issue? I'd think users would be able to think independently enough to not base their opinion on what I think.

That was my point. I'd like to agree with you.