Total Posts:48|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Isn't there an importance of respect on DDO?

Haroush
Posts: 1,329
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 2:18:32 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I've noticed ever since I have been here on DDO there are some people who don't value respect for others. Let me emphasize SINCE I have been here. So, I am not just addressing a select few people, I am addressing the entire community of DDO.

Furthermore, before I go on about respect, I must apologize for my misrepresentation of the entire community of DDO, including those who provoked me. More importantly, I must apologize to the community of the Messiah for misrepresenting them and our G-d himself. Now maybe, you think this isn't needed coming from an outside perspective, but as a follower of Yeshua, my actions were completely shameful, even if I was in the right for reacting the way I did, when you believe in Messiah like I do, it is an abomination to act out the way I did. Therefore, I will stand humble in the L-rd.

Getting back to point, respect is vital in a social website such as this. Why?

1.) Each individual is unique and if we were to disrespect them, then who is to say we shouldn't be disrespected?

2.) Each individual is someone's brother, sister, cousin, uncle, aunt, nephew, niece, mom, dad, grandma, granddad, step brother, step sister, step mom, step dad, guardian, G-d dad, G-d mom, and etc. Therefore, if it were okay for us to go disrespecting one of these people who was someone's relative, then who's to say it isn't okay for someone to go disrespecting one of our relatives that we deeply love?

3.) Some people come to websites like these to simply socialize and talk about current issues going on in the world without having to deal with drama as there is already enough drama in their lives.

4.) My third point leads into this point. There are some people out there who have some seriously stressful lives to live. This being said, some of these people come here simply just to receive some love and joy from someone else as they don't receive enough or any at all from those around them in real life. Now, I know some of you see this as just a debating website, but it is a social website as well. Furthermore, you don't have the option of friendship on your profile for no reason.
Now, just think if you were to disrespect someone in a situation like this and you found out they killed themselves in part because of you. How would you feel?

5.) Social websites gain more members when they are more welcoming and less apathetic. This being said, if we were to build a social website such as this on disrespect then it wouldn't be prosperous at all. Therefore, you would eventually ruin the website as a whole.

6.) Disrespect can and most likely will lead into verbal brawls.

7.) Disrespect ruins a great debate.

8.) Disrespect can lead you into being banned.

9.) Disrespect destroys intellectualism.

10.) Disrespect isn't constructive in any way. It is only destructive in any conversation.

Mathew 5 CJB

11 "How blessed you are when people insult you and persecute you and tell all kinds of vicious lies about you because you follow me! 12 Rejoice, be glad, because your reward in heaven is great " they persecuted the prophets before you in the same way.

13 "You are salt for the Land. But if salt becomes tasteless, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything except being thrown out for people to trample on.

21 "You have heard that our fathers were told, "Do not murder,"[b] and that anyone who commits murder will be subject to judgment. 22 But I tell you that anyone who nurses anger against his brother will be subject to judgment; that whoever calls his brother, "You good-for-nothing!" will be brought before the Sanhedrin; that whoever says, "Fool!" incurs the penalty of burning in the fire of Gei-Hinnom! 23 So if you are offering your gift at the Temple altar and you remember there that your brother has something against you, 24 leave your gift where it is by the altar, and go, make peace with your brother. Then come back and offer your gift. 25 If someone sues you, come to terms with him quickly, while you and he are on the way to court; or he may hand you over to the judge, and the judge to the officer of the court, and you may be thrown in jail! 26 Yes indeed! I tell you, you will certainly not get out until you have paid the last penny.

8 "You have heard that our fathers were told, "Eye for eye and tooth for tooth."[h] 39 But I tell you not to stand up against someone who does you wrong. On the contrary, if someone hits you on the right cheek, let him hit you on the left cheek too! 40 If someone wants to sue you for your shirt, let him have your coat as well! 41 And if a soldier forces you to carry his pack for one mile, carry it for two! 42 When someone asks you for something, give it to him; when someone wants to borrow something from you, lend it to him.

43 "You have heard that our fathers were told, "Love your neighbor[i] " and hate your enemy." 44 But I tell you, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! 45 Then you will become children of your Father in heaven. For he makes his sun shine on good and bad people alike, and he sends rain to the righteous and the unrighteous alike. 46 What reward do you get if you love only those who love you? Why, even tax-collectors do that! 47 And if you are friendly only to your friends, are you doing anything out of the ordinary? Even the Goyim do that! 48 Therefore, be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

Before I leave I want to say a prayer for everyone and if you don't want to accept it, that is fine. Just know I mean well to you.

"Y"varekh"kha Adonai v"yishmerekha.
[May Adonai bless you and keep you.]
25 Ya"er Adonai panav eleikha vichunekka.
[May Adonai make his face shine on you and show you his favor.]
26 Yissa Adonai panav eleikha v"yasem l"kha shalom.
[May Adonai lift up his face toward you and give you peace.]"

Amein and Amein

Much love from Haroush
Macgreggor
Posts: 14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 3:44:45 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/27/2014 2:18:32 AM, Haroush wrote:
I've noticed ever since I have been here on DDO there are some people who don't value respect for others. Let me emphasize SINCE I have been here. So, I am not just addressing a select few people, I am addressing the entire community of DDO.

Furthermore, before I go on about respect, I must apologize for my misrepresentation of the entire community of DDO, including those who provoked me. More importantly, I must apologize to the community of the Messiah for misrepresenting them and our G-d himself. Now maybe, you think this isn't needed coming from an outside perspective, but as a follower of Yeshua, my actions were completely shameful, even if I was in the right for reacting the way I did, when you believe in Messiah like I do, it is an abomination to act out the way I did. Therefore, I will stand humble in the L-rd.

Getting back to point, respect is vital in a social website such as this. Why?

1.) Each individual is unique and if we were to disrespect them, then who is to say we shouldn't be disrespected?

2.) Each individual is someone's brother, sister, cousin, uncle, aunt, nephew, niece, mom, dad, grandma, granddad, step brother, step sister, step mom, step dad, guardian, G-d dad, G-d mom, and etc. Therefore, if it were okay for us to go disrespecting one of these people who was someone's relative, then who's to say it isn't okay for someone to go disrespecting one of our relatives that we deeply love?

3.) Some people come to websites like these to simply socialize and talk about current issues going on in the world without having to deal with drama as there is already enough drama in their lives.

4.) My third point leads into this point. There are some people out there who have some seriously stressful lives to live. This being said, some of these people come here simply just to receive some love and joy from someone else as they don't receive enough or any at all from those around them in real life. Now, I know some of you see this as just a debating website, but it is a social website as well. Furthermore, you don't have the option of friendship on your profile for no reason.
Now, just think if you were to disrespect someone in a situation like this and you found out they killed themselves in part because of you. How would you feel?

5.) Social websites gain more members when they are more welcoming and less apathetic. This being said, if we were to build a social website such as this on disrespect then it wouldn't be prosperous at all. Therefore, you would eventually ruin the website as a whole.

6.) Disrespect can and most likely will lead into verbal brawls.

7.) Disrespect ruins a great debate.

8.) Disrespect can lead you into being banned.

9.) Disrespect destroys intellectualism.

10.) Disrespect isn't constructive in any way. It is only destructive in any conversation.

Mathew 5 CJB

11 "How blessed you are when people insult you and persecute you and tell all kinds of vicious lies about you because you follow me! 12 Rejoice, be glad, because your reward in heaven is great " they persecuted the prophets before you in the same way.

13 "You are salt for the Land. But if salt becomes tasteless, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything except being thrown out for people to trample on.

21 "You have heard that our fathers were told, "Do not murder,"[b] and that anyone who commits murder will be subject to judgment. 22 But I tell you that anyone who nurses anger against his brother will be subject to judgment; that whoever calls his brother, "You good-for-nothing!" will be brought before the Sanhedrin; that whoever says, "Fool!" incurs the penalty of burning in the fire of Gei-Hinnom! 23 So if you are offering your gift at the Temple altar and you remember there that your brother has something against you, 24 leave your gift where it is by the altar, and go, make peace with your brother. Then come back and offer your gift. 25 If someone sues you, come to terms with him quickly, while you and he are on the way to court; or he may hand you over to the judge, and the judge to the officer of the court, and you may be thrown in jail! 26 Yes indeed! I tell you, you will certainly not get out until you have paid the last penny.

8 "You have heard that our fathers were told, "Eye for eye and tooth for tooth."[h] 39 But I tell you not to stand up against someone who does you wrong. On the contrary, if someone hits you on the right cheek, let him hit you on the left cheek too! 40 If someone wants to sue you for your shirt, let him have your coat as well! 41 And if a soldier forces you to carry his pack for one mile, carry it for two! 42 When someone asks you for something, give it to him; when someone wants to borrow something from you, lend it to him.

43 "You have heard that our fathers were told, "Love your neighbor[i] " and hate your enemy." 44 But I tell you, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! 45 Then you will become children of your Father in heaven. For he makes his sun shine on good and bad people alike, and he sends rain to the righteous and the unrighteous alike. 46 What reward do you get if you love only those who love you? Why, even tax-collectors do that! 47 And if you are friendly only to your friends, are you doing anything out of the ordinary? Even the Goyim do that! 48 Therefore, be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

Before I leave I want to say a prayer for everyone and if you don't want to accept it, that is fine. Just know I mean well to you.

"Y"varekh"kha Adonai v"yishmerekha.
[May Adonai bless you and keep you.]
25 Ya"er Adonai panav eleikha vichunekka.
[May Adonai make his face shine on you and show you his favor.]
26 Yissa Adonai panav eleikha v"yasem l"kha shalom.
[May Adonai lift up his face toward you and give you peace.]"

Amein and Amein

Much love from Haroush
Mac
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,354
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 7:06:35 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I wish there was a "Like" button
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Iredia
Posts: 1,608
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 7:28:42 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/27/2014 7:06:35 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
I wish there was a "Like" button

Good point. Seconded.
Porn babes be distracting me. Dudes be stealing me stuff. I'm all about the cash from now. I'm not playing Jesus anymore.
Iredia
Posts: 1,608
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 8:15:21 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Sure there is place for respect. But the most important criteria I strive for in giving or recieving respect is character. Age, appearance and status are secondary.
Porn babes be distracting me. Dudes be stealing me stuff. I'm all about the cash from now. I'm not playing Jesus anymore.
Haroush
Posts: 1,329
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 8:43:25 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/27/2014 8:15:21 AM, Iredia wrote:
Sure there is place for respect. But the most important criteria I strive for in giving or recieving respect is character. Age, appearance and status are secondary.

Well, I understand your point, but I guess I was just trying to keep it as simple as simple can be. Though, I hope people are already able to see those things without having to have it explained to them. Either way, I do agree people's character plays an important role as well.
GodChoosesLife
Posts: 3,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 8:45:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
There should be, but it isn't always the case, but we can impliment it ourselves by being respectful to everyone regardless Of what they think or say.
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Iredia
Posts: 1,608
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 8:59:29 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/27/2014 8:45:04 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
There should be, but it isn't always the case, but we can impliment it ourselves by being respectful to everyone regardless Of what they think or say.

Even if it is horrible ? I ask because I think there is a place for disrespect. That way someone doesn't feel smug doing what is silly. I
Porn babes be distracting me. Dudes be stealing me stuff. I'm all about the cash from now. I'm not playing Jesus anymore.
GodChoosesLife
Posts: 3,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 9:02:32 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/27/2014 8:59:29 AM, Iredia wrote:
At 3/27/2014 8:45:04 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
There should be, but it isn't always the case, but we can impliment it ourselves by being respectful to everyone regardless Of what they think or say.

Even if it is horrible ? I ask because I think there is a place for disrespect. That way someone doesn't feel smug doing what is silly. I

If it true I see no problem defending yourself, but if it's not true, why be hostile in return to the one being hostile just makes one look ridiculous. Ignoring things isn't hard. Idk if this answers your question, if not please tell me. :)
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Haroush
Posts: 1,329
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 9:03:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/27/2014 8:45:04 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
There should be, but it isn't always the case, but we can impliment it ourselves by being respectful to everyone regardless Of what they think or say.

Well, of course. I just felt the need to bring this up for the reasons that I addressed in my OP. Sometimes, all it takes is someone blowing the whistle to catch everyone's attention amongst the chaos.
GodChoosesLife
Posts: 3,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 9:04:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/27/2014 9:03:14 AM, Haroush wrote:
At 3/27/2014 8:45:04 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
There should be, but it isn't always the case, but we can impliment it ourselves by being respectful to everyone regardless Of what they think or say.

Well, of course. I just felt the need to bring this up for the reasons that I addressed in my OP. Sometimes, all it takes is someone blowing the whistle to catch everyone's attention amongst the chaos.

Yeah, no I understand :)
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 9:08:32 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/27/2014 2:18:32 AM, Haroush wrote:

1.) Each individual is unique and if we were to disrespect them, then who is to say we shouldn't be disrespected?

There are people who are deserving of being disrespected and there are also statements from respectable people who that can also be deserving of disrespect. You can be the nicest person on the face of the Earth but if you believe something stupid like "black people should be exterminated" Then that opinion and yourself are worthy of disrespect.

2.) If it were okay for us to disrespect someone's relative, then who's to say it isn't okay for someone to go disrespecting one of our relatives that we deeply love?

If the relative in question is someone who is deserving of disrespect then it's fine. There are people on here who's parents are mega racist who instill their backwards ways into their kids, and those parents should be condemned for their racist views regardless if they are one's relatives or not.

3.) Some people come to websites like these to simply socialize and talk about current issues going on in the world without having to deal with drama as there is already enough drama in their lives.

Everybody has drama in their lives, and that doesnt give you a free pass to spout stupidity and/or idiocy all over the place.

4.) Just think if you were to disrespect someone in a situation like this and you found out they killed themselves in part because of you. How would you feel?

If someone killed themself because of what someone said to them on the internet, then that person was going to off themselves in a matter of time anyways.

5.) If we were to build a social website such as this on disrespect then it wouldn't be prosperous at all. Therefore, you would eventually ruin the website as a whole.

Its not 'built' off of disrespect and more people isnt necessarily a good thing for the site. You may have noticed that once in a while DDO gets a lot of errors that causes people to refresh a page 20 times just to load a thread....

6.) Disrespect can and most likely will lead into verbal brawls.

7.) Disrespect ruins a great debate.

8.) Disrespect can lead you into being banned.

9.) Disrespect destroys intellectualism.

'Destroy' is a bit of an overstatement.....

10.) Disrespect isn't constructive in any way. It is only destructive in any conversation.

Some conversations are worthy of being deconstructed/derailed, particularly stupid ones.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Haroush
Posts: 1,329
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 9:34:11 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/27/2014 9:08:32 AM, imabench wrote:
At 3/27/2014 2:18:32 AM, Haroush wrote:

1.) Each individual is unique and if we were to disrespect them, then who is to say we shouldn't be disrespected?

There are people who are deserving of being disrespected and there are also statements from respectable people who that can also be deserving of disrespect. You can be the nicest person on the face of the Earth but if you believe something stupid like "black people should be exterminated" Then that opinion and yourself are worthy of disrespect.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

2.) If it were okay for us to disrespect someone's relative, then who's to say it isn't okay for someone to go disrespecting one of our relatives that we deeply love?

If the relative in question is someone who is deserving of disrespect then it's fine. There are people on here who's parents are mega racist who instill their backwards ways into their kids, and those parents should be condemned for their racist views regardless if they are one's relatives or not.

The problem with your thesis is you'd still have the problem of retaliation. Furthermore, even if someone is bigoted and racist, that still doesn't mean you have to stoop to their level. This still goes along with two wrongs don't make a right.

3.) Some people come to websites like these to simply socialize and talk about current issues going on in the world without having to deal with drama as there is already enough drama in their lives.

Everybody has drama in their lives, and that doesnt give you a free pass to spout stupidity and/or idiocy all over the place.

I wasn't talking about someone spouting stupidity. This is more so something you can do personally to make the atmosphere around you better. You don't have to use brute force (with words) in order to fix a situation.

4.) Just think if you were to disrespect someone in a situation like this and you found out they killed themselves in part because of you. How would you feel?

If someone killed themself because of what someone said to them on the internet, then that person was going to off themselves in a matter of time anyways.

Well, by law you could get arrested now for bullying someone. So, if I were you, I'd be careful. I'm not saying this in a demanding way either, but in a way that I am trying to help prevent you from being charged with murder.

5.) If we were to build a social website such as this on disrespect then it wouldn't be prosperous at all. Therefore, you would eventually ruin the website as a whole.


Its not 'built' off of disrespect and more people isnt necessarily a good thing for the site. You may have noticed that once in a while DDO gets a lot of errors that causes people to refresh a page 20 times just to load a thread....


If there is more people, why wouldn't this be better? Besides, you can upgrade memory and space. It's not that hard. Lastly, I didn't say that it was built off of disrespect. but I was more so referring to the idea that disrespect is ok and should be welcomed on any kind of level. On a side note, like I've said before, you don't necessarily need to be disrespectful in order to fix a problem.

6.) Disrespect can and most likely will lead into verbal brawls.

7.) Disrespect ruins a great debate.

8.) Disrespect can lead you into being banned.

9.) Disrespect destroys intellectualism.

'Destroy' is a bit of an overstatement.....

Explain....
10.) Disrespect isn't constructive in any way. It is only destructive in any conversation.

Some conversations are worthy of being deconstructed/derailed, particularly stupid ones.

The problem with this is.. If you allow disrespect to be in "stupid" ones, then why can't perfectly fine conversations get ruined then?

Like I've stated before, you don't have to be disrespectful in order to fix a situation.
Iredia
Posts: 1,608
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 9:40:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/27/2014 9:02:32 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 3/27/2014 8:59:29 AM, Iredia wrote:
At 3/27/2014 8:45:04 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
There should be, but it isn't always the case, but we can impliment it ourselves by being respectful to everyone regardless Of what they think or say.

Even if it is horrible ? I ask because I think there is a place for disrespect. That way someone doesn't feel smug doing what is silly. I

If it true I see no problem defending yourself, but if it's not true, why be hostile in return to the one being hostile just makes one look ridiculous. Ignoring things isn't hard. Idk if this answers your question, if not please tell me. :)

It answers it but I dislike the answer. Because it seems to me that you will keep quiet when someone is saying something that is bad, because you "don't want to disrespect" the person. I disagree with that sentiment.
Porn babes be distracting me. Dudes be stealing me stuff. I'm all about the cash from now. I'm not playing Jesus anymore.
GodChoosesLife
Posts: 3,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 9:42:13 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/27/2014 9:40:41 AM, Iredia wrote:
At 3/27/2014 9:02:32 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 3/27/2014 8:59:29 AM, Iredia wrote:
At 3/27/2014 8:45:04 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
There should be, but it isn't always the case, but we can impliment it ourselves by being respectful to everyone regardless Of what they think or say.

Even if it is horrible ? I ask because I think there is a place for disrespect. That way someone doesn't feel smug doing what is silly. I

If it true I see no problem defending yourself, but if it's not true, why be hostile in return to the one being hostile just makes one look ridiculous. Ignoring things isn't hard. Idk if this answers your question, if not please tell me. :)

It answers it but I dislike the answer. Because it seems to me that you will keep quiet when someone is saying something that is bad, because you "don't want to disrespect" the person. I disagree with that sentiment.

Look, you can say something, but things can be said without being disrespectful back. :)
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
NiqashMotawadi3
Posts: 1,895
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 9:48:21 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Respect is overrated and useless. What would be important to DDO and something we really need is a dating section in DDO where you get to take advantage of masochistic, mature women who feel sexually-deprived and would like to feel violated.
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 9:50:39 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/27/2014 9:48:21 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
Respect is overrated and useless. What would be important to DDO and something we really need is a dating section in DDO where you get to take advantage of masochistic, mature women who feel sexually-deprived and would like to feel violated.

^Weekly Stupid^
#FeeltheFreezerBern
NiqashMotawadi3
Posts: 1,895
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 9:51:33 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/27/2014 9:50:39 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 3/27/2014 9:48:21 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
Respect is overrated and useless. What would be important to DDO and something we really need is a dating section in DDO where you get to take advantage of masochistic, mature women who feel sexually-deprived and would like to feel violated.

^Weekly Stupid^

The fact that you can't discern satire should be on the weekly stupid.
Haroush
Posts: 1,329
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 9:58:01 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/27/2014 9:48:21 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
Respect is overrated and useless. What would be important to DDO and something we really need is a dating section in DDO where you get to take advantage of masochistic, mature women who feel sexually-deprived and would like to feel violated.

I hope you know I am reporting your post as it is offensive to women around here. Some women have sex addiction problems because they have been molested so often in their life time. And being molested is just the tip of the iceberg. It's because of statements like the one you just made that make women think all men are pigs.
NiqashMotawadi3
Posts: 1,895
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 10:01:32 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/27/2014 9:58:01 AM, Haroush wrote:
At 3/27/2014 9:48:21 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
Respect is overrated and useless. What would be important to DDO and something we really need is a dating section in DDO where you get to take advantage of masochistic, mature women who feel sexually-deprived and would like to feel violated.

I hope you know I am reporting your post as it is offensive to women around here. Some women have sex addiction problems because they have been molested so often in their life time. And being molested is just the tip of the iceberg. It's because of statements like the one you just made that make women think all men are pigs.

There is nothing wrong with what I said. Some women are masochistic and like to be violated. That's a psychological claim found in academic papers such as "The role of internalization in the development of certain aspects of female masochism: Ego psychological considerations" by RF Lax - The International Journal of Psychoanalysis, 1977 - psycnet.apa.org. Report him to the authorities too.
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 10:04:30 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/27/2014 9:34:11 AM, Haroush wrote:
At 3/27/2014 9:08:32 AM, imabench wrote:
At 3/27/2014 2:18:32 AM, Haroush wrote:

1.) Each individual is unique and if we were to disrespect them, then who is to say we shouldn't be disrespected?

There are people who are deserving of being disrespected and there are also statements from respectable people who that can also be deserving of disrespect. You can be the nicest person on the face of the Earth but if you believe something stupid like "black people should be exterminated" Then that opinion and yourself are worthy of disrespect.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

There isn't anything wrong with calling an idiot an idiot.

2.) If it were okay for us to disrespect someone's relative, then who's to say it isn't okay for someone to go disrespecting one of our relatives that we deeply love?

If the relative in question is someone who is deserving of disrespect then it's fine. There are people on here who's parents are mega racist who instill their backwards ways into their kids, and those parents should be condemned for their racist views regardless if they are one's relatives or not.

The problem with your thesis is you'd still have the problem of retaliation.

Waaa

Furthermore, even if someone is bigoted and racist, that still doesn't mean you have to stoop to their level. This still goes along with two wrongs don't make a right.

So people should never be allowed to tell a racist bigot that they're a racist bigot....

You need to do everyone a favor and grow up already.

3.) Some people come to websites like these to simply socialize and talk about current issues going on in the world without having to deal with drama as there is already enough drama in their lives.

Everybody has drama in their lives, and that doesnt give you a free pass to spout stupidity and/or idiocy all over the place.

I wasn't talking about someone spouting stupidity. This is more so something you can do personally to make the atmosphere around you better. You don't have to use brute force (with words) in order to fix a situation.

Sometimes you do since brute force is the only language that idiots speak....

4.) Just think if you were to disrespect someone in a situation like this and you found out they killed themselves in part because of you. How would you feel?

If someone killed themself because of what someone said to them on the internet, then that person was going to off themselves in a matter of time anyways.

Well, by law you could get arrested now for bullying someone. So, if I were you, I'd be careful. I'm not saying this in a demanding way either, but in a way that I am trying to help prevent you from being charged with murder.

All you're doing is trying to guilt people into not being blatantly honest when dealing with idiots, you're not helpin anyone.

5.) If we were to build a social website such as this on disrespect then it wouldn't be prosperous at all. Therefore, you would eventually ruin the website as a whole.

Its not 'built' off of disrespect and more people isnt necessarily a good thing for the site. You may have noticed that once in a while DDO gets a lot of errors that causes people to refresh a page 20 times just to load a thread....


If there is more people, why wouldn't this be better?

I just explained why idiot....

Besides, you can upgrade memory and space. It's not that hard. Lastly, I didn't say that it was built off of disrespect. but I was more so referring to the idea that disrespect is ok and should be welcomed on any kind of level. On a side note, like I've said before, you don't necessarily need to be disrespectful in order to fix a problem.

6.) Disrespect can and most likely will lead into verbal brawls.

7.) Disrespect ruins a great debate.

8.) Disrespect can lead you into being banned.

9.) Disrespect destroys intellectualism.

'Destroy' is a bit of an overstatement.....

Explain....

You're a big boy, you can figure it out in your own (hopefully)

10.) Disrespect isn't constructive in any way. It is only destructive in any conversation.

Some conversations are worthy of being deconstructed/derailed, particularly stupid ones.

The problem with this is.. If you allow disrespect to be in "stupid" ones, then why can't perfectly fine conversations get ruined then?

Because sh** happens

Like I've stated before, you don't have to be disrespectful in order to fix a situation.

And like I've stated before, that doesn't mean that you can't challenge peoe on their idiotic requests or beliefs.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
NiqashMotawadi3
Posts: 1,895
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 10:07:44 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/27/2014 9:58:01 AM, Haroush wrote:
At 3/27/2014 9:48:21 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
Respect is overrated and useless. What would be important to DDO and something we really need is a dating section in DDO where you get to take advantage of masochistic, mature women who feel sexually-deprived and would like to feel violated.

I hope you know I am reporting your post as it is offensive to women around here. Some women have sex addiction problems because they have been molested so often in their life time. And being molested is just the tip of the iceberg. It's because of statements like the one you just made that make women think all men are pigs.

ALSO REPORT LIVE SCIENCE.

"Consensual sadomasochism was long considered pathological, but psychologists studying people interested in BDSM (bondage, discipline, sadism and masochism) have failed to find evidence that these sexual practices are harmful. One study, published in May 2013, actually found that practitioners of BDSM were better off than the general population in some ways, including having secure relationships and lower anxiety. Currently, the psychiatrists' definitive handbook, the DSM-5, lists BDSM as a paraphilia, or unusual sexual fixation, but only classifies it as a disorder if it causes harm. "

http://www.livescience.com...
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 10:09:08 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/27/2014 9:58:01 AM, Haroush wrote:
At 3/27/2014 9:48:21 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
Respect is overrated and useless. What would be important to DDO and something we really need is a dating section in DDO where you get to take advantage of masochistic, mature women who feel sexually-deprived and would like to feel violated.

I hope you know I am reporting your post as it is offensive to women around here. Some women have sex addiction problems because they have been molested so often in their life time. And being molested is just the tip of the iceberg. It's because of statements like the one you just made that make women think all men are pigs.

He was trolling idiot....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
NiqashMotawadi3
Posts: 1,895
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 10:12:10 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/27/2014 9:58:01 AM, Haroush wrote:
At 3/27/2014 9:48:21 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
Respect is overrated and useless. What would be important to DDO and something we really need is a dating section in DDO where you get to take advantage of masochistic, mature women who feel sexually-deprived and would like to feel violated.

I hope you know I am reporting your post as it is offensive to women around here. Some women have sex addiction problems because they have been molested so often in their life time. And being molested is just the tip of the iceberg. It's because of statements like the one you just made that make women think all men are pigs.

I've reported your post back and will talk with Airmax about this because of your numerous violations.

(1) You're calling sadomasochistic women mentally-ill, which is discrimination against them and their desires. I can't believe you're that disrespectful to that group of women. As a Jew, do you find Lesbians mentally-ill as well?

(2) You made a false report.

(3) You're misrepresenting what I said and what Modern psychology says.

(4) You're using lewd terms such as "men are pigs."
Haroush
Posts: 1,329
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 10:21:21 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/27/2014 10:04:30 AM, imabench wrote:
At 3/27/2014 9:34:11 AM, Haroush wrote:
At 3/27/2014 9:08:32 AM, imabench wrote:
At 3/27/2014 2:18:32 AM, Haroush wrote:

1.) Each individual is unique and if we were to disrespect them, then who is to say we shouldn't be disrespected?

There are people who are deserving of being disrespected and there are also statements from respectable people who that can also be deserving of disrespect. You can be the nicest person on the face of the Earth but if you believe something stupid like "black people should be exterminated" Then that opinion and yourself are worthy of disrespect.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

There isn't anything wrong with calling an idiot an idiot.

Sure there is, as you are human and fallible yourself. Therefore, you have made mistakes in your life as well making you no better than anyone else. Which includes doing something idiotical.

2.) If it were okay for us to disrespect someone's relative, then who's to say it isn't okay for someone to go disrespecting one of our relatives that we deeply love?

If the relative in question is someone who is deserving of disrespect then it's fine. There are people on here who's parents are mega racist who instill their backwards ways into their kids, and those parents should be condemned for their racist views regardless if they are one's relatives or not.

The problem with your thesis is you'd still have the problem of retaliation.

Waaa

(emotive response)


Furthermore, even if someone is bigoted and racist, that still doesn't mean you have to stoop to their level. This still goes along with two wrongs don't make a right.

So people should never be allowed to tell a racist bigot that they're a racist bigot....

Why do you need to?

You need to do everyone a favor and grow up already.

(emotive response)

3.) Some people come to websites like these to simply socialize and talk about current issues going on in the world without having to deal with drama as there is already enough drama in their lives.

Everybody has drama in their lives, and that doesnt give you a free pass to spout stupidity and/or idiocy all over the place.

I wasn't talking about someone spouting stupidity. This is more so something you can do personally to make the atmosphere around you better. You don't have to use brute force (with words) in order to fix a situation.

Sometimes you do since brute force is the only language that idiots speak....

How do you know? Maybe you have never tried to be respectful about things before either. And even if you did try before, I bet it wasn't much effort put into it.

4.) Just think if you were to disrespect someone in a situation like this and you found out they killed themselves in part because of you. How would you feel?

If someone killed themself because of what someone said to them on the internet, then that person was going to off themselves in a matter of time anyways.

Well, by law you could get arrested now for bullying someone. So, if I were you, I'd be careful. I'm not saying this in a demanding way either, but in a way that I am trying to help prevent you from being charged with murder.

All you're doing is trying to guilt people into not being blatantly honest when dealing with idiots, you're not helpin anyone.

I am not trying to throw a guilt trip on you. All you would have to have done is pay attention to the news lately and you would have seen exactly what I am talking about.

5.) If we were to build a social website such as this on disrespect then it wouldn't be prosperous at all. Therefore, you would eventually ruin the website as a whole.

Its not 'built' off of disrespect and more people isnt necessarily a good thing for the site. You may have noticed that once in a while DDO gets a lot of errors that causes people to refresh a page 20 times just to load a thread....


If there is more people, why wouldn't this be better?

I just explained why idiot....

You didn't even pay attention to the rest of my answer. Did you not see it?

Besides, you can upgrade memory and space. It's not that hard. Lastly, I didn't say that it was built off of disrespect. but I was more so referring to the idea that disrespect is ok and should be welcomed on any kind of level. On a side note, like I've said before, you don't necessarily need to be disrespectful in order to fix a problem.

6.) Disrespect can and most likely will lead into verbal brawls.

7.) Disrespect ruins a great debate.

8.) Disrespect can lead you into being banned.

9.) Disrespect destroys intellectualism.

'Destroy' is a bit of an overstatement.....

Explain....

You're a big boy, you can figure it out in your own (hopefully)

(emotive response)

10.) Disrespect isn't constructive in any way. It is only destructive in any conversation.

Some conversations are worthy of being deconstructed/derailed, particularly stupid ones.

The problem with this is.. If you allow disrespect to be in "stupid" ones, then why can't perfectly fine conversations get ruined then?

Because sh** happens

This is your explanation?? Why not go into detail?

Like I've stated before, you don't have to be disrespectful in order to fix a situation.

And like I've stated before, that doesn't mean that you can't challenge peoe on their idiotic requests or beliefs.

I didn't say you couldn't challenge anybody. I just said you don't have to be disrespectful about it.
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 10:26:49 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I went ahead and only responded to the points where you didnt give a brainless and idiotic response. Unfortunately that eliminated just about everything you posted.....

At 3/27/2014 10:21:21 AM, Haroush wrote:
At 3/27/2014 10:04:30 AM, imabench wrote:
At 3/27/2014 9:34:11 AM, Haroush wrote:
At 3/27/2014 9:08:32 AM, imabench wrote:
At 3/27/2014 2:18:32 AM, Haroush wrote:

I wasn't talking about someone spouting stupidity. This is more so something you can do personally to make the atmosphere around you better. You don't have to use brute force (with words) in order to fix a situation.

Sometimes you do since brute force is the only language that idiots speak....

How do you know?

Ive been here for well over two years dealing with idiots way dumber than you, its something ive witnessed first hand.

Maybe you have never tried to be respectful about things before either. And even if you did try before, I bet it wasn't much effort put into it.

I leave that to other people, and they dont have any success in being respectful to idiots either.

4.) Just think if you were to disrespect someone in a situation like this and you found out they killed themselves in part because of you. How would you feel?

If someone killed themself because of what someone said to them on the internet, then that person was going to off themselves in a matter of time anyways.

Well, by law you could get arrested now for bullying someone. So, if I were you, I'd be careful. I'm not saying this in a demanding way either, but in a way that I am trying to help prevent you from being charged with murder.

All you're doing is trying to guilt people into not being blatantly honest when dealing with idiots, you're not helpin anyone.

I am not trying to throw a guilt trip on you. All you would have to have done is pay attention to the news lately and you would have seen exactly what I am talking about.

lol, nobody is going to kill themselves just because someone called them an idiot, it has to go to a whole new level of harassment before suicide becomes a possibility.

Like I've stated before, you don't have to be disrespectful in order to fix a situation.

And like I've stated before, that doesn't mean that you can't challenge peoe on their idiotic requests or beliefs.

I didn't say you couldn't challenge anybody. I just said you don't have to be disrespectful about it.

And i said that being disrespectful can be warranted and has been warranted many times in the past.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Haroush
Posts: 1,329
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 10:55:33 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/27/2014 10:26:49 AM, imabench wrote:
I went ahead and only responded to the points where you didnt give a brainless and idiotic response. Unfortunately that eliminated just about everything you posted.....

(emotive response)

At 3/27/2014 10:21:21 AM, Haroush wrote:
At 3/27/2014 10:04:30 AM, imabench wrote:
At 3/27/2014 9:34:11 AM, Haroush wrote:
At 3/27/2014 9:08:32 AM, imabench wrote:
At 3/27/2014 2:18:32 AM, Haroush wrote:

I wasn't talking about someone spouting stupidity. This is more so something you can do personally to make the atmosphere around you better. You don't have to use brute force (with words) in order to fix a situation.

Sometimes you do since brute force is the only language that idiots speak....

How do you know?

Ive been here for well over two years dealing with idiots way dumber than you, its something ive witnessed first hand.

So, just because of the ordinary daily issues on a website like this, you build intolerance to "idiots" coming from your viewpoint? Despite the fact, you are fallible yourself?

Maybe you have never tried to be respectful about things before either. And even if you did try before, I bet it wasn't much effort put into it.

I leave that to other people, and they dont have any success in being respectful to idiots either.

Perhaps some people are hard nuts to crack. Though, does that mean just because of a select few bad apples, you treat all the other apples the same way with a few minor bumps and bruises?


4.) Just think if you were to disrespect someone in a situation like this and you found out they killed themselves in part because of you. How would you feel?

If someone killed themself because of what someone said to them on the internet, then that person was going to off themselves in a matter of time anyways.

Well, by law you could get arrested now for bullying someone. So, if I were you, I'd be careful. I'm not saying this in a demanding way either, but in a way that I am trying to help prevent you from being charged with murder.

All you're doing is trying to guilt people into not being blatantly honest when dealing with idiots, you're not helpin anyone.

I am not trying to throw a guilt trip on you. All you would have to have done is pay attention to the news lately and you would have seen exactly what I am talking about.

lol, nobody is going to kill themselves just because someone called them an idiot, it has to go to a whole new level of harassment before suicide becomes a possibility.

That's not necessarily true. As antagonizing is seen as harassment.

Like I've stated before, you don't have to be disrespectful in order to fix a situation.

And like I've stated before, that doesn't mean that you can't challenge peoe on their idiotic requests or beliefs.

I didn't say you couldn't challenge anybody. I just said you don't have to be disrespectful about it.

And i said that being disrespectful can be warranted and has been warranted many times in the past.

Even if being disrespectful can be warranted and has been warranted in the past does that mean you have to do it? Does it mean it is necessarily right? Besides, who's warranting being disrespectful? I'm sure airmax isn't.