Jump to topic:

Monkey analogy on DDO's situation

NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 11:07:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
There was a Purple monkey who used to dominate one of the many jungles of a wide-stretched savanna called Juggle. He, of course, was the alpha male and struck fear in the hearts of the monkeys below him, especially two monkeys: Blue monkey and pink monkey.

Blue monkey and pink money didn't do anything about his dominance, but ignored being below him and tried to dominate the others below them. Blue monkey even avoided having any fight with Purple monkey because he was intimidated . But then Orange monkey shows up. Orange monkey is always winning battles against any monkeys he can find, even those who are really new to the jungle, and engaging in a wide-range of different competitions from banana-throwing to thumb-wars. In less than a year, Orange monkey becomes very popular but rarely goes against the top monkeys, and tries his best to befriend them. Days pass, and suddenly some people think that Purple monkey is no longer the alpha, because of Orange monkey's success. So they prepare themselves for a rather historic battle. Blue monkey seizes the opportunity to have a go at Purple monkey as Orange monkey and Pink monkey decide to compete with him by derailing the competitions in a way what would be not favorable for him, just so they can satisfy their ambition of not having him sit in that throne above them. It's predictable that when this fight is over, Purple monkey is stepping down, while the other three monkeys are going to have a period of peace that will later be followed with competition, especially if a new monkey shakes their oligarchy.

This all happens while the Jungle is becoming hard to live in, and other monkeys are migrating in droves to another jungle.

-Written by a ferret who watched this from a distance,

By this, I have not mentioned anyone, so any comments accusing me of referring to anyone will be negatively replied to or ignored.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 11:12:54 AM
At 3/27/2014 11:07:12 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
There was a Purple monkey who used to dominate one of the many jungles of a wide-stretched savanna called Juggle. He, of course, was the alpha male and struck fear in the hearts of the monkeys below him, especially two monkeys: Blue monkey and pink monkey.

I like purple monkey so far....

Blue monkey and pink money didn't do anything about his dominance, but ignored being below him and tried to dominate the others below them. Blue monkey even avoided having any fight with Purple monkey because he was intimidated. But then Orange monkey shows up. Orange monkey is always winning battles against any monkeys he can find, even those who are really new to the jungle, and engaging in a wide-range of different competitions from banana-throwing to thumb-wars.

Sounds like bad news for purple monkey

In less than a year, Orange monkey becomes very popular but rarely goes against the top monkeys, and tries his best to befriend them. Days pass, and suddenly some people think that Purple monkey is no longer the alpha, because of Orange monkey's success. So they prepare themselves for a rather historic battle.

Sweet!

Blue monkey seizes the opportunity to have a go at Purple monkey as Orange monkey and Pink monkey decide to compete with him by derailing the competitions in a way what would be not favorable for him, just so they can satisfy their ambition of not having him sit in that throne above them.

Ok now im getting a little confused with all this monkey business.

It's predictable that when this fight is over, Purple monkey is stepping down, while the other three monkeys are going to have a period of peace that will later be followed with competition, especially if a new monkey shakes their oligarchy.

This all happens while the Jungle is becoming hard to live in, and other monkeys are migrating in droves to another jungle.

Even though that other jungle is not as nice as the original.

By this, I have not mentioned anyone, so any comments accusing me of referring to anyone will be negatively replied to or ignored.

It doesnt take a rocket scientist to put two and two together on this one :P
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 11:13:27 AM

Why? Your analogy either applies to somebody, or it does not apply to anybody. If it doesn't apply to anybody, then it serves no purpose. If it does apply to somebody, why treat the identification of that person or persons with hostility?
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 11:17:00 AM
At 3/27/2014 11:13:27 AM, philochristos wrote:

Why? Your analogy either applies to somebody, or it does not apply to anybody. If it doesn't apply to anybody, then it serves no purpose. If it does apply to somebody, why treat the identification of that person or persons with hostility?

It surely does refer to someone or somebody, but I didn't use any names so I can get away with talking about others, who report such silly things as harassment. Like, say, Mr.X said he was Pink Monkey. I can always pretend I was referring to myself and back that up with some back-flipping apologetic which sounds impressive.
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 11:20:27 AM

I thought of a better apologetic, William Lane Craig style, you need to read this:

I'm not referring to any people... BUT the post is not just about those particular monkeys. It also speaks of "some monkeys" who are migrating to another jungle, which refers to how people are leaving DDO for Edeb8, which is a DDO issue, indeed. The story about the other monkeys (Pink, Blue and Purple) are just redundancies.
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 11:21:10 AM
At 3/27/2014 11:20:27 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

I thought of a better apologetic, William Lane Craig style, you need to read this:

I'm not referring to any people... BUT the post is not just about those particular monkeys. It also speaks of "some monkeys" who are migrating to another jungle, which refers to how people are leaving DDO for Edeb8, which is a DDO issue, indeed. The stories** about the other monkeys (Pink, Blue and Purple) are just redundancies.
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 11:26:37 AM
At 3/27/2014 11:17:00 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

It surely does refer to someone or somebody"

"I'm not referring to any people"

Rubber baby buggy bumper
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 11:29:40 AM
At 3/27/2014 11:26:37 AM, philochristos wrote:

Rubber baby buggy bumper

I ain't a native speaker, but take that, "Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers."
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 11:31:18 AM
At 3/27/2014 11:29:40 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

Rubber baby buggy bumper

I ain't a native speaker, but take that, "Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers."

Oh yeah??? Well, Better Botter bought a bit of bitter butter. There ye have it!

NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 11:33:39 AM
At 3/27/2014 11:31:18 AM, philochristos wrote:

Rubber baby buggy bumper

I can pronounce three letters you can't spell 'cause I'm an Arab, and you want to challenge me? Oh well.

To sit in solemn silence in a dull dark dock in a pestilential prison with a life long lock awaiting the sensation of a short sharp shock from a cheap and chippy chopper on a big black block.
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 11:34:40 AM
At 3/27/2014 11:33:39 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 3/27/2014 11:31:18 AM, philochristos wrote:

Rubber baby buggy bumper

I can pronounce three letters you can't spell 'cause I'm an Arab, and you want to challenge me? Oh well.

To sit in solemn silence in a dull dark dock in a pestilential prison with a life long lock awaiting the sensation of a short sharp shock from a cheap and chippy chopper on a big black block.

Okay, I concede.

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 11:38:47 AM
I can always pretend I was referring to myself and back that up with some back-flipping apologetic which sounds impressive.

nice
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 11:42:27 AM
At 3/27/2014 11:38:47 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
I can always pretend I was referring to myself and back that up with some back-flipping apologetic which sounds impressive.

nice

"The only thing a good boyfriend will change about you is your last name."

I always said that to my ex-girlfriend, but she seriously thought I should help her out of her drug addiction. I wish you were around to convince her I should not.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 11:46:23 AM
At 3/27/2014 11:42:27 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 3/27/2014 11:38:47 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

nice

"The only thing a good boyfriend will change about you is your last name."

I always said that to my ex-girlfriend, but she seriously thought I should help her out of her drug addiction. I wish you were around to convince her I should not.

That was her choice to start drugs, which was irresponsible. She got herself in that situation.

If you wanted to help her, you could have, but you chose not to. That was your choice. You didn't get her in that situation.

I can see where you both were coming from.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 2:57:27 PM
Can someone explain this to me?

Is this about TUFs fighting video he posted? Is TUF the blue monkey of the orange monkey? Isn't satire supposed to be clever?
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 11:01:36 PM
At 3/27/2014 2:57:27 PM, Raisor wrote:
Can someone explain this to me?

Is this about TUFs fighting video he posted? Is TUF the blue monkey of the orange monkey? Isn't satire supposed to be clever?

Oh, I'm not sure about satire, but you certainly aren't. Your general contribution to my threads is both uncreative, pedantic and boring as that rhymed prose you called rap.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 11:34:57 PM
At 3/27/2014 11:12:54 AM, imabench wrote:

I like purple monkey so far....

Blue monkey and pink money didn't do anything about his dominance, but ignored being below him and tried to dominate the others below them. Blue monkey even avoided having any fight with Purple monkey because he was intimidated. But then Orange monkey shows up. Orange monkey is always winning battles against any monkeys he can find, even those who are really new to the jungle, and engaging in a wide-range of different competitions from banana-throwing to thumb-wars.

Sounds like bad news for purple monkey

In less than a year, Orange monkey becomes very popular but rarely goes against the top monkeys, and tries his best to befriend them. Days pass, and suddenly some people think that Purple monkey is no longer the alpha, because of Orange monkey's success. So they prepare themselves for a rather historic battle.

Sweet!

Blue monkey seizes the opportunity to have a go at Purple monkey as Orange monkey and Pink monkey decide to compete with him by derailing the competitions in a way what would be not favorable for him, just so they can satisfy their ambition of not having him sit in that throne above them.

Ok now im getting a little confused with all this monkey business.

Teheeheehee

It's predictable that when this fight is over, Purple monkey is stepping down, while the other three monkeys are going to have a period of peace that will later be followed with competition, especially if a new monkey shakes their oligarchy.

Even though that other jungle is not as nice as the original.

It doesnt take a rocket scientist to put two and two together on this one :P
Nolite Timere
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 11:51:05 PM

Blue monkey and pink money didn't do anything about his dominance, but ignored being below him and tried to dominate the others below them. Blue monkey even avoided having any fight with Purple monkey because he was intimidated . But then Orange monkey shows up. Orange monkey is always winning battles against any monkeys he can find, even those who are really new to the jungle, and engaging in a wide-range of different competitions from banana-throwing to thumb-wars. In less than a year, Orange monkey becomes very popular but rarely goes against the top monkeys, and tries his best to befriend them. Days pass, and suddenly some people think that Purple monkey is no longer the alpha, because of Orange monkey's success. So they prepare themselves for a rather historic battle. Blue monkey seizes the opportunity to have a go at Purple monkey as Orange monkey and Pink monkey decide to compete with him by derailing the competitions in a way what would be not favorable for him, just so they can satisfy their ambition of not having him sit in that throne above them. It's predictable that when this fight is over, Purple monkey is stepping down, while the other three monkeys are going to have a period of peace that will later be followed with competition, especially if a new monkey shakes their oligarchy.

Did something happen while I was away? Who challenged Juggle?
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2014 12:13:11 AM
At 3/27/2014 11:51:05 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:

Did something happen while I was away? Who challenged Juggle?

I challenged roy and beat him, he is mad. End of story lol
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2014 12:14:10 AM
Well, prima facia this looks provocative. I think it was meant to be provocative. But, I still don't have any idea what the hell the OP is talking about...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2014 12:14:56 AM
At 3/28/2014 12:13:11 AM, Mikal wrote:

Oh, sh!t. That makes sense now, but not really. The analogy was bad, and poorly written.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2014 12:15:03 AM
At 3/28/2014 12:14:10 AM, YYW wrote:
Well, prima facia this looks provocative. I think it was meant to be provocative. But, I still don't have any idea what the hell the OP is talking about...

I beat roy, thett3 challenges him at the same time. The other guy is blue steel

He is mad I beat roy so bad, well maybe not mad but will not stop talking about it. Still its no big deal lol
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2014 12:21:34 AM
At 3/28/2014 12:15:03 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 3/28/2014 12:14:10 AM, YYW wrote:

I beat roy, thett3 challenges him at the same time. The other guy is blue steel

He is mad I beat roy so bad, well maybe not mad but will not stop talking about it. Still its no big deal lol

He probably just has a really bad case of constipation. I mean, how else could someone be so perpetually full of sh!t?
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2014 12:22:52 AM
At 3/28/2014 12:14:56 AM, YYW wrote:

Oh, sh!t. That makes sense now, but not really. The analogy was bad, and poorly written.

The real analogy is like this. Purple monkey was always king of the jungle but pink monkey and blue monkey never chose to do anything about it. Blue monkey did occasionally get in fights with purple monkey, and all the fights were to close to call. There was never a clear decision. Pink monkey was way to lazy, but probably one of the strongest in the jungle. This was an accepted fact among all the other monkeys in the jungle, no one liked to screw with him. He could even win fights when his hands were tied behind his back. One day orange monkey came into the jungle. He liked to play and fight, and he did not care against who. Slowly people started to notice him and how well he could fight, and they wanted him to try a hand at purple monkey. The first time orange monkey went to fight purple monkey, purple monkey ran away. Purple monkey tried a sneak attack on orange monkey, but orange monkey ran away. This continued for around a month. finally all the other monkeys started chanting for a fight.

Purple monkey and orange monkey both accepted the bout, and are in the arena duking it out now.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2014 12:24:09 AM
At 3/28/2014 12:22:52 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 3/28/2014 12:14:56 AM, YYW wrote:

The real analogy is like this. Purple monkey was always king of the jungle but pink monkey and blue monkey never chose to do anything about it. Blue monkey did occasionally get in fights with purple monkey, and all the fights were to close to call. There was never a clear decision. Pink monkey was way to lazy, but probably one of the strongest in the jungle. This was an accepted fact among all the other monkeys in the jungle, no one liked to screw with him. He could even win fights when his hands were tied behind his back. One day orange monkey came into the jungle. He liked to play and fight, and he did not care against who. Slowly people started to notice him and how well he could fight, and they wanted him to try a hand at purple monkey. The first time orange monkey went to fight purple monkey, purple monkey ran away. Purple monkey tried a sneak attack on orange monkey, but orange monkey ran away. This continued for around a month. finally all the other monkeys started chanting for a fight.

Purple monkey and orange monkey both accepted the bout, and are in the arena duking it out now.

Wow. Such drama. Very analogy. Much type. Wow.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2014 12:35:56 AM
This thread made we watch this video to figure out whether the monkeys described here are closer to chimps or bonobos. Probably chimps.

https://www.youtube.com...

Fun Fact - the average chimp lasts only 7 seconds during sex.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2014 12:37:18 AM
At 3/28/2014 12:35:56 AM, bluesteel wrote:
This thread made we watch this video to figure out whether the monkeys described here are closer to chimps or bonobos. Probably chimps.

how is that even possible
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2014 12:42:12 AM
At 3/28/2014 12:37:18 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 3/28/2014 12:35:56 AM, bluesteel wrote:

how is that even possible

They have to finish quickly or another male might pull them off. Same reason some species (dogs, lions) evolved barbs on their pen*ses so they couldn't be pulled off mid-act.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)