Suggestion: Average ELO of Opponents

NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 12:54:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I call on Airmax, Bench and all da peeps,

I wish our profiles had a number which averaged the ELOs of the people we went against, but I guess it should use what their ELOs where when we went against them. This makes it easier to see who's noob-sniping and what not.

Whatcha think, peeps?
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 12:58:10 PM
At 3/29/2014 12:54:43 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

You have my attention

I wish our profiles had a number which averaged the ELOs of the people we went against, but I guess it should use what their ELOs where when we went against them. This makes it easier to see who's noob-sniping and what not.

Whatcha think, peeps?

Me likey
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 7:58:10 PM

Whatcha think, peeps?

That's a great idea.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 8:00:04 PM

Whatcha think, peeps?

I freaking love it.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 8:04:57 PM

Whatcha think, peeps?

I like it too.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 8:07:27 PM
I like it. Now all we need to do is get Ore_Ele on board.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 8:16:21 PM
iMe gusta! "Donde esta ore_ele?
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 8:19:24 PM
On a very basic level, it's a fallacy to assume that all noobs don't know what they're doing. Some do. Many do not. Noob sniping, though, isn't a bad thing because it's a measure to introduce new debaters into the site. I'd just hope that the people who do it don't scare people off. I think this idea isn't bad, but I'm not sure how it could work. I'd need more details before I could throw my support behind it.
Tsar of DDO
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 9:32:57 PM
If it were added separate, it could be a great idea. It could not be implemented as a leader board though

Example ( one person joins the site and beats a 5k person)

There average elo per debate would be be 5k on the first debate they win. Meaning people could just join or make new accounts, and then try to beat a high elo person and never touch the account again and it would be solidified in the leader boards.

Also people with lower number of debates would always have the higher elo average. Just glancing over some profiles in the top leader boards, it would be an extremely low average.

Take Danielle for example

She has like 300 debates or more. If you she took on 100 people that are over 3k, and then debates 200 people between 2-3k

She would only average 2.5k elo due to the massive number of debates

There are flaws that need to be tweaked but it is a solid idea.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 9:42:45 PM
At 3/29/2014 9:32:57 PM, Mikal wrote:
If it were added separate, it could be a great idea. It could not be implemented as a leader board though

Example ( one person joins the site and beats a 5k person)

There average elo per debate would be be 5k on the first debate they win. Meaning people could just join or make new accounts, and then try to beat a high elo person and never touch the account again and it would be solidified in the leader boards.

Also people with lower number of debates would always have the higher elo average. Just glancing over some profiles in the top leader boards, it would be an extremely low average.

Take Danielle for example

She has like 300 debates or more. If you she took on 100 people that are over 3k, and then debates 200 people between 2-3k

She would only average 2.5k elo due to the massive number of debates

There are flaws that need to be tweaked but it is a solid idea.

This.

However, the framework of the idea is still good.
Nolite Timere
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 10:04:49 PM
I like this idea a lot.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder