Jump to topic:

FREEDO's Political Simulation Tournament

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 1:48:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Ever wondered what would happen if DDO took over the United States? Now is your chance to find out!

This is a debate tournament where all debates are over whether or not a certain law will be passed within our hypothetical congress. Our context for current laws will be the United States.

Rules:

1. You must have an ELO of at least 3,000 to play.

2. You don't have to debate but you must vote on at least most of the debates.

3. You must vote fairly and debate respectfully.

4. Bills must be proposed for editing in this thread and have at least two co-sponsors before going to debate.

5. When setting up a debate, make the name of the bill the name of the debate and include the full bill in your introduction. There must be at least 3 round.

6. After a bill has been proposed and necessary edits have been made, anyone may debate anyone else on the topic. There must be either 1 or 3 debates done on a single bill, to decide if it passes.

7. After a bill passes, another debate may be opened on the topic as a supreme court case. You must argue over whether the bill is constitutional.

8. Failure to follow the rules may result in a ban.

Have fun!
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 1:52:47 PM
At 3/29/2014 1:48:39 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Ever wondered what would happen if DDO took over the United States? Now is your chance to find out!

This is a debate tournament where all debates are over whether or not a certain law will be passed within our hypothetical congress. Our context for current laws will be the United States.

Rules:

Oh goddammit.

4. Bills must be proposed for editing in this thread and have at least two co-sponsors before going to debate.

5. When setting up a debate, make the name of the bill the name of the debate and include the full bill in your introduction. There must be at least 3 round.

6. After a bill has been proposed and necessary edits have been made, anyone may debate anyone else on the topic. There must be either 1 or 3 debates done on a single bill, to decide if it passes.

7. After a bill passes, another debate may be opened on the topic as a supreme court case. You must argue over whether the bill is constitutional.

Have fun!
#FeeltheFreezerBern
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 1:55:48 PM
If you can't participate in the debating, you can still be a spectator and vote on the debates.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 4:48:34 PM
This seems a LOT like daytonanerd's tournament
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 4:51:52 PM
At 3/29/2014 1:48:39 PM, FREEDO wrote:

Rules:

Have fun!

In/

Tyler Graham already started one of these
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 7:35:14 AM
Count me in.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~