Jump to topic:

Imabench

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 11:34:48 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Ima is already in the hall of fame, and his spot is well deserved.

Due to Max's new policy ( http://www.debate.org... ) , Ima had already decided to leave the site, but his account was closed before he could leave. I am sure this was due to a violation of the policy that Max had laid out.

I wanted to at least take the time to thank Ima for his contributions to the site. I am not sure if he will see this, because I doubt he will back with the recent enforcement of the new policy that airmax presented. The one thing I think most of us can acknowledge is that without his presence on the website, DDO will be way more boring that normal. So here we go

My Personal Hall of Fame

Imabench

http://www.debate.org...

Contributions

Ima was a massive troll, and regarded as the best troll on the site. While he was a troll, he greatly cared for the community of DDO. He invested countless hours( and i do mean countless), of his own time working on projects to keep us all amused. One of the more notable ones was the Weekly Stupid. This is something we will all miss. This project took DDO shows to an entire new level, and it was always fun to watch and see who would be featured on it. People often took this way to personal, and there was a lot of controversy over it. Personally I loved the show and liked reading the remarks people make ( That is the only reason I think it was permitted to stay. It attacked the statements people made, and not the actual person themselves. This is debatable. ) This was one of the most long standing DDO shows ever, if not the most long standing. Without a doubt it was the most prominent.

Ima also wrote the walking dead series where he inserted characters from DDO into a zombie story and posted it as often as he could. This was also fun to read and keep up with. He was also planning a new series for DDO which was House of Cards (rip).

I think we all had the feeling Ima would leave after this policy was enforced. Some people feel no sympathy and some question whether or not the site will begin to die. Ima was a core member of DDO. That is not a debatable question, it is a fact.

If you were to say DDO, there are a few members who come to mind right away. I am sure Ima was one of those members in almost everyone's mind. While he did often get in rage wars, his genuine compassion for the site will be forever missed.

Accolades

(a) Since Ima has been on the site he racked up an amazing of elo of 4247

(b) He participated in 535 debates and only lost 97 of them. Bringing him up to an amazing 80.60 win ratio

(c) He was in the 100 percentile on the site as well.

(d) He accumulated 13,904 forum posts in his time here.

(e) He cast 1193 votes

(f) He also participated in over 1,500 opinion and poll topics.

Leaving the site

As i mentioned Ima thought he would not be able to make it under the new policy at hand, and before he could leave properly he was already banned. This was brought upon himself by his own actions, and which probably confirms that he will always get mad at people under the right situations.

The one thing that we can all agree on is that with him leaving, the site will never be the same. I am sure it will continue and move on, but with Ima gone there is a gaping hole that no one will be able to fill in his place. There are core members on this site that essentially make up the body of DDO. With Ima leaving, it is almost as if DDO is missing a hand or a foot.

Conclusion

Having the chance to have met him was a blessing. It is always nice to see someone invest so much of their own time into something they care about. Ima was a monumental member of this website and we will never forget his contributions and accolades. Even in the years to come if he chooses to never come back, he has grounded himself in DDO history as one of the best and most controversial members the site has ever had. He will always be remembered, and shall never be forgotten. New members shall sing stories of his trolling. His name will ring forever in the halls of DDO.

This is a final farewell to the guy we have all grown to love, and that helped make this site what it is. You will be forever missed bro. Best of luck with college and graduation.

Cheers for bringing some trouble, controversy, and never letting this place get dull

It will never be the same without you
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 11:48:31 AM
At 3/31/2014 11:34:48 AM, Mikal wrote:

Due to Max's new policy ( http://www.debate.org... ) , Ima had already decided to leave the site, but his account was closed before he could leave. I am sure this was due to a violation of the policy that Max had laid out.

I wanted to at least take the time to thank Ima for his contributions to the site. I am not sure if he will see this, because I doubt he will back with the recent enforcement of the new policy that airmax presented. The one thing I think most of us can acknowledge is that without his presence on the website, DDO will be way more boring that normal. So here we go

My Personal Hall of Fame

Imabench

Contributions

Ima was a massive troll, and regarded as the best troll on the site. While he was a troll, he greatly cared for the community of DDO. He invested countless hours( and i do mean countless), of his own time working on projects to keep us all amused. One of the more notable ones was the Weekly Stupid. This is something we will all miss. This project took DDO shows to an entire new level, and it was always fun to watch and see who would be featured on it. People often took this way to personal, and there was a lot of controversy over it. Personally I loved the show and liked reading the remarks people make ( That is the only reason I think it was permitted to stay. It attacked the statements people made, and not the actual person themselves. This is debatable. ) This was one of the most long standing DDO shows ever, if not the most long standing. Without a doubt it was the most prominent.

Ima also wrote the walking dead series where he inserted characters from DDO into a zombie story and posted it as often as he could. This was also fun to read and keep up with. He was also planning a new series for DDO which was House of Cards (rip).

I think we all had the feeling Ima would leave after this policy was enforced. Some people feel no sympathy and some question whether or not the site will begin to die. Ima was a core member of DDO. That is not a debatable question, it is a fact.

If you were to say DDO, there are a few members who come to mind right away. I am sure Ima was one of those members in almost everyone's mind. While he did often get in rage wars, his genuine compassion for the site will be forever missed.

Accolades

(b) He participated in 535 debates and only lost 97 of them. Bringing him up to an amazing 80.60 win ratio

(e) He cast 1193 votes

Leaving the site

As i mentioned Ima thought he would not be able to make it under the new policy at hand, and before he could leave properly he was already banned. This was brought upon himself by his own actions, and which probably confirms that he will always get mad at people under the right situations.

The one thing that we can all agree on is that with him leaving, the site will never be the same. I am sure it will continue and move on, but with Ima gone there is a gaping hole that no one will be able to fill in his place. There are core members on this site that essentially make up the body of DDO. With Ima leaving, it is almost as if DDO is missing a hand or a foot.

Conclusion

Having the chance to have met him was a blessing. It is always nice to see someone invest so much of their own time into something they care about. Ima was a monumental member of this website and we will never forget his contributions and accolades. Even in the years to come if he chooses to never come back, he has grounded himself in DDO history as one of the best and most controversial members the site has ever had. He will always be remembered, and shall never be forgotten. New members shall sing stories of his trolling. His name will ring forever in the halls of DDO.

This is a final farewell to the guy we have all grown to love, and that helped make this site what it is. You will be forever missed bro. Best of luck with college and graduation.

Cheers for bringing some trouble, controversy, and never letting this place get dull

http://31.media.tumblr.com...
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 11:51:30 AM
Imabench, the site is better for you having been here.
You brought joy to many people.
Thank you.
My work here is, finally, done.
Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 12:05:13 PM
He will be missed.
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
Magic8000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 1:50:51 PM
He'll live on in our hearts.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 4:05:55 PM
Goodbye Imabench. You were an awesome person on DDO! Blessings!
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 4:13:27 PM
At 3/31/2014 4:05:55 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

*Laughs derisively* Do you want me to show you (via a PM) what kind of person Imabench really was?
MassiveDump
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 4:17:07 PM
Has everyone lost their minds? And calendars? This is an April Fool's Day joke. Bench will be back Wednesday if not tomorrow.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 4:21:37 PM
At 3/31/2014 4:13:27 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:

*Laughs derisively* Do you want me to show you (via a PM) what kind of person Imabench really was?

Budda, despite the fact that Bench wasn't very polite in some of his comments or even in his weekly stupid videos, however, never did he once treat me or speak to me as if I'm some piece of trash. Sure we didn't talk much, but the times we did talk were usually based off of questions I would directly ask him in PM sometimes expecting negative feedback, but he never did. I was never rude to him either. It may appear as though he was just returning in "civility" simply because I would always be nice to him, now do I agree that we should only be kind to those who are kind to us? No... But it makes sense for him... And regardless, I didn't ALWAYS see Bench "attacking" people as it may have appeared in most cases... Bench, has a different mind than I do and I know that... But that doesn't mean I'm gonna talk down on him or treat him any less than another person just because he's different or talks different than I.. And I certainly did when it was def necessary put my sense in to Bench when I saw that what he may have said was unnecessary.. You can send the PM, sure, fine, but Bench is still human and has feelings as any other person... Why else would he react the way he did unless he didn't have emotions??

But on the real, enough is enough already :/
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 4:23:00 PM
At 3/31/2014 4:21:37 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

Budda, despite the fact that Bench wasn't very polite in some of his comments or even in his weekly stupid videos, however, never did he once treat me or speak to me as if I'm some piece of trash. Sure we didn't talk much, but the times we did talk were usually based off of questions I would directly ask him in PM sometimes expecting negative feedback, but he never did. I was never rude to him either. It may appear as though he was just returning in "civility" simply because I would always be nice to him, now do I agree that we should only be kind to those who are kind to us? No... But it makes sense for him... And regardless, I didn't ALWAYS see Bench "attacking" people as it may have appeared in most cases... Bench, has a different mind than I do and I know that... But that doesn't mean I'm gonna talk down on him or treat him any less than another person just because he's different or talks different than I.. And I certainly did when it was def necessary put my sense in to Bench when I saw that what he may have said was unnecessary.. You can send the PM, sure, fine, but Bench is still human and has feelings as any other person... Why else would he react the way he did unless he didn't have emotions??

So you don't think that he's ever treated anyone like total scum, eh? Accept my invitation and I'll shatter everything you thought you knew about Imabench.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 4:24:58 PM
At 3/31/2014 4:23:00 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:

So you don't think that he's ever treated anyone like total scum, eh? Accept my invitation and I'll shatter everything you thought you knew about Imabench.

Um, I don't think you read my post completely... I never said that he never mistreated people.. Reread my post and you'll find that I did and that I approached about him on countless times.. But is it any better talking bad about him? I'm pretty sure he just might be reading through the forums and sees whats going on still..
"Good Times" ~ Max
MassiveDump
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 4:31:09 PM
At 3/31/2014 4:17:07 PM, MassiveDump wrote:
Has everyone lost their minds? And calendars? This is an April Fool's Day joke. Bench will be back Wednesday if not tomorrow.

*cough* still here.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 4:37:01 PM
At 3/31/2014 4:31:09 PM, MassiveDump wrote:

*cough* still here.

lol.. acknowledged
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 4:38:08 PM
At 3/31/2014 4:24:58 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 3/31/2014 4:23:00 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:

Um, I don't think you read my post completely... I never said that he never mistreated people.. Reread my post and you'll find that I did and that I approached about him on countless times.. But is it any better talking bad about him? I'm pretty sure he just might be reading through the forums and sees whats going on still..

You go girl!
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 4:38:42 PM

*cough* still here.

Are you open to taking bets?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
ADreamOfLiberty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 4:41:25 PM
He was a troll. I never saw him make a good argument, I did see him threaten to abuse DDO's greatest flaw (debate voting).

Good riddance.
LOL, yeah, it's pretty amazing how they think they can "reason" with you. - Sidewalker, speaking of advocates for sexual deviancy.

So, my advice, Liberty, is to go somewhere else. Leave, and never come back. - YYW

And that's what I did. Contact me at http://www.edeb8.com... by the same user name if you have anything you'd like to say.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 4:48:28 PM
Obviously imabench will go down in history as one of this site's greatest members.

I don't think he can stay away though, he had admitted many times that he loves this site a lot.

Then again, this type of new policy is the type he was most opposed to.
kbub
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 4:51:16 PM
At 3/31/2014 11:34:48 AM, Mikal wrote:

My Personal Hall of Fame

Imabench

Contributions

Accolades

(e) He cast 1193 votes

Leaving the site

Conclusion

Nice tribute :')

By the way, if you know his real name can you pm me? I want to try to send him a friend request outside of DDO.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 5:03:02 PM
At 3/31/2014 4:41:25 PM, ADreamOfLiberty wrote:
He was a troll.

And that's always a bad thing?

I never saw him make a good argument,

Never? He never had one serious debate?

I did see him threaten to abuse DDO's greatest flaw (debate voting).

No, that wasn't a joke.
Good riddance.

Hypocrisy.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
MassiveDump
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 5:04:43 PM
At 3/31/2014 4:38:42 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

*cough* still here.

Are you open to taking bets?

If I had money, I'd be down.

Also, I'm a p=^-^=ssy. So I'll just sit and watch if that's alright.
ADreamOfLiberty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 5:07:33 PM
At 3/31/2014 5:03:02 PM, Subutai wrote:
He was a troll.

I've never seen him make one good argument.

No, that wasn't a joke.

I know it wasn't because he did it.

Good riddance.

Hypocrisy.

You don't know the meaning of the word.
LOL, yeah, it's pretty amazing how they think they can "reason" with you. - Sidewalker, speaking of advocates for sexual deviancy.

So, my advice, Liberty, is to go somewhere else. Leave, and never come back. - YYW

And that's what I did. Contact me at http://www.edeb8.com... by the same user name if you have anything you'd like to say.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 5:14:32 PM
At 3/31/2014 5:07:33 PM, ADreamOfLiberty wrote:
He was a troll.

Do you want me to keep going?

No, that wasn't a joke.

Where did he actually do it?
Good riddance.

Hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy - When someone espouses a certain set of ideals but doesn't live up to that set of ideas himself.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
ADreamOfLiberty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 5:16:18 PM
At 3/31/2014 5:14:32 PM, Subutai wrote:
He was a troll.

No, I don't care. If he could make good arguments but choose not to around me, I have every right to disregard him.

No, that wasn't a joke.

The vote was deleted.

Good riddance.

Hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy - When someone espouses a certain set of ideals but doesn't live up to that set of ideas himself.

My dear subutai, I live up to my ideals.... at least when it comes to online interactions.

Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 5:18:43 PM
At 3/31/2014 5:16:18 PM, ADreamOfLiberty wrote:
He was a troll.

No, I don't care. If he could make good arguments but choose not to around me, I have every right to disregard him.

Ah, so you're ignoring the 17 links I sent you because you want to rely on your own personal bias? At least your first argument doesn't have any merit.

No, that wasn't a joke.

The vote was deleted.

There's a point when you need to start proving your assertions.
Good riddance.

Hypocrisy.

My dear subutai, I live up to my ideals.... at least when it comes to online interactions.

Then you shouldn't have said good riddance.
ADreamOfLiberty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 5:21:38 PM
At 3/31/2014 5:18:43 PM, Subutai wrote:
He was a troll.

Ah, so you're ignoring the 17 links I sent you because you want to rely on your own personal bias? At least your first argument doesn't have any merit.

My first statement remains true.

No, that wasn't a joke.

The vote was deleted.

lol, there is a point where I don't care if you believe me. <- I'm sure imabench could have found a much more obnoxious way to say that.

Good riddance.

Hypocrisy.

Why?

Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 5:23:05 PM
At 3/31/2014 5:21:38 PM, ADreamOfLiberty wrote:
At 3/31/2014 5:18:43 PM, Subutai wrote:
He was a troll.

My first statement remains true.

And that's always a bad thing (an objection you never addressed so I just assumed you dropped it)?

No, that wasn't a joke.

The vote was deleted.

lol, there is a point where I don't care if you believe me. <- I'm sure imabench could have found a much more obnoxious way to say that.

Alright, live in your own fantasy world.
Good riddance.

Hypocrisy.

Why?

Here we go again - hypocrisy.