Total Posts:43|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The way I see this new policy issue

RiskTaker
Posts: 245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 6:45:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The people who are quitting: "WHY CAN'T I INSULT PEOPLE?!"

The people who love it: "PEOPLE HURT MY FEELINGS HELP ME!"

Why don't both groups just stfu and just get on with life?
Bullish
Posts: 3,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 7:00:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 6:45:19 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
The people who are quitting: "WHY CAN'T I INSULT PEOPLE?!"

The people who love it: "PEOPLE HURT MY FEELINGS HELP ME!"

Why don't both groups just stfu and just get on with life?

The irony.
0x5f3759df
RiskTaker
Posts: 245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 7:02:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 7:00:10 PM, Bullish wrote:
At 3/31/2014 6:45:19 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
The people who are quitting: "WHY CAN'T I INSULT PEOPLE?!"

The people who love it: "PEOPLE HURT MY FEELINGS HELP ME!"

Why don't both groups just stfu and just get on with life?

The irony.

Care to explain?
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 7:14:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 6:45:19 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
The people who are quitting: "WHY CAN'T I INSULT PEOPLE?!"

The people who love it: "PEOPLE HURT MY FEELINGS HELP ME!"

Why don't both groups just stfu and just get on with life?

Did you read the policy as stated?
My work here is, finally, done.
RiskTaker
Posts: 245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 7:15:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 7:14:15 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/31/2014 6:45:19 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
The people who are quitting: "WHY CAN'T I INSULT PEOPLE?!"

The people who love it: "PEOPLE HURT MY FEELINGS HELP ME!"

Why don't both groups just stfu and just get on with life?

Did you read the policy as stated?

Yeah they want to make this place harsher on personal attacks.
GodChoosesLife
Posts: 3,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 7:16:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 6:45:19 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
The people who are quitting: "WHY CAN'T I INSULT PEOPLE?!"

The people who love it: "PEOPLE HURT MY FEELINGS HELP ME!"

Why don't both groups just stfu and just get on with life?

Ummm, you should be a little careful... Just a friendly word of advice.. :)
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 7:16:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 7:15:09 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:14:15 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/31/2014 6:45:19 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
The people who are quitting: "WHY CAN'T I INSULT PEOPLE?!"

The people who love it: "PEOPLE HURT MY FEELINGS HELP ME!"

Why don't both groups just stfu and just get on with life?

Did you read the policy as stated?

Yeah they want to make this place harsher on personal attacks.

And do you agree with how a personal attack is defined?
My work here is, finally, done.
RiskTaker
Posts: 245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 7:19:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 7:16:49 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:15:09 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:14:15 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/31/2014 6:45:19 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
The people who are quitting: "WHY CAN'T I INSULT PEOPLE?!"

The people who love it: "PEOPLE HURT MY FEELINGS HELP ME!"

Why don't both groups just stfu and just get on with life?

Did you read the policy as stated?

Yeah they want to make this place harsher on personal attacks.

And do you agree with how a personal attack is defined?

don't have an opinion on it.

I'm just saying that the extremism involved with it is too much. Rage-quitting should be done for the opposite: the bullying, not the banning of bullying.

This is literally like a bully crying on the playground and quitting school because bullying was outlawed.
RiskTaker
Posts: 245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 7:19:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 7:16:06 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 3/31/2014 6:45:19 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
The people who are quitting: "WHY CAN'T I INSULT PEOPLE?!"

The people who love it: "PEOPLE HURT MY FEELINGS HELP ME!"

Why don't both groups just stfu and just get on with life?

Ummm, you should be a little careful... Just a friendly word of advice.. :)

Thanks for your advise. :)
GodChoosesLife
Posts: 3,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 7:20:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 7:19:40 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:16:06 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 3/31/2014 6:45:19 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
The people who are quitting: "WHY CAN'T I INSULT PEOPLE?!"

The people who love it: "PEOPLE HURT MY FEELINGS HELP ME!"

Why don't both groups just stfu and just get on with life?

Ummm, you should be a little careful... Just a friendly word of advice.. :)

Thanks for your advise. :)

Anytime :)
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
RiskTaker
Posts: 245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 7:21:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 7:20:29 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:19:40 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:16:06 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 3/31/2014 6:45:19 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
The people who are quitting: "WHY CAN'T I INSULT PEOPLE?!"

The people who love it: "PEOPLE HURT MY FEELINGS HELP ME!"

Why don't both groups just stfu and just get on with life?

Ummm, you should be a little careful... Just a friendly word of advice.. :)

Thanks for your advise. :)

Anytime :)

Ummm, you should be a little atheist... Just a friendly word of advice.. :)
GodChoosesLife
Posts: 3,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 7:22:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 7:21:14 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:20:29 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:19:40 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:16:06 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 3/31/2014 6:45:19 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
The people who are quitting: "WHY CAN'T I INSULT PEOPLE?!"

The people who love it: "PEOPLE HURT MY FEELINGS HELP ME!"

Why don't both groups just stfu and just get on with life?

Ummm, you should be a little careful... Just a friendly word of advice.. :)

Thanks for your advise. :)

Anytime :)

Ummm, you should be a little atheist... Just a friendly word of advice.. :)

I see what you did there LOL, care to tell me why? :P
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
RiskTaker
Posts: 245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 7:25:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 7:22:09 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:21:14 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:20:29 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:19:40 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:16:06 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 3/31/2014 6:45:19 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
The people who are quitting: "WHY CAN'T I INSULT PEOPLE?!"

The people who love it: "PEOPLE HURT MY FEELINGS HELP ME!"

Why don't both groups just stfu and just get on with life?

Ummm, you should be a little careful... Just a friendly word of advice.. :)

Thanks for your advise. :)

Anytime :)

Ummm, you should be a little atheist... Just a friendly word of advice.. :)

I see what you did there LOL, care to tell me why? :P

God's a big fat joke.
GodChoosesLife
Posts: 3,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 7:26:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 7:25:30 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:22:09 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:21:14 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:20:29 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:19:40 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:16:06 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 3/31/2014 6:45:19 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
The people who are quitting: "WHY CAN'T I INSULT PEOPLE?!"

The people who love it: "PEOPLE HURT MY FEELINGS HELP ME!"

Why don't both groups just stfu and just get on with life?

Ummm, you should be a little careful... Just a friendly word of advice.. :)

Thanks for your advise. :)

Anytime :)

Ummm, you should be a little atheist... Just a friendly word of advice.. :)

I see what you did there LOL, care to tell me why? :P

God's a big fat joke.

Okay, why?
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 7:27:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 7:19:08 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:16:49 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:15:09 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:14:15 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/31/2014 6:45:19 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
The people who are quitting: "WHY CAN'T I INSULT PEOPLE?!"

The people who love it: "PEOPLE HURT MY FEELINGS HELP ME!"

Why don't both groups just stfu and just get on with life?

Did you read the policy as stated?

Yeah they want to make this place harsher on personal attacks.

And do you agree with how a personal attack is defined?

don't have an opinion on it.

I'm just saying that the extremism involved with it is too much. Rage-quitting should be done for the opposite: the bullying, not the banning of bullying.

This is literally like a bully crying on the playground and quitting school because bullying was outlawed.

So, you don't have an opinion on the core issue, but are fine with criticizing others for theirs, which you may or may not fully understand?

I will say some are leaving because they cannot control themselves and will likely be banned. However, others are angry because the definition for personal attack is so weak and vague, UP TO AND INCLUDING AD HOMINOM, that people can be banned for getting upset. Keep in mind that some conversations here are very heated, and opinions are challenged that define people at their very core.

Tell me, if I were to rage quit this conversation and simply say "you're an idiot. I'm done", and leave you alone in this thread forever more, is that something I should be banned for? (keeping in mind that we could be talking about religion, political beliefs, or even racism, like someone is defending racism)
My work here is, finally, done.
RiskTaker
Posts: 245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 7:29:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 7:26:30 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:25:30 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:22:09 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:21:14 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:20:29 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:19:40 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:16:06 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 3/31/2014 6:45:19 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
The people who are quitting: "WHY CAN'T I INSULT PEOPLE?!"

The people who love it: "PEOPLE HURT MY FEELINGS HELP ME!"

Why don't both groups just stfu and just get on with life?

Ummm, you should be a little careful... Just a friendly word of advice.. :)

Thanks for your advise. :)

Anytime :)

Ummm, you should be a little atheist... Just a friendly word of advice.. :)

I see what you did there LOL, care to tell me why? :P

God's a big fat joke.

Okay, why?

Because evil exists.
GodChoosesLife
Posts: 3,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 7:30:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 7:29:34 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:26:30 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
Okay, why?

Because evil exists.

yeah, evil does exist, but what does that have to do with God?
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 7:32:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 7:02:44 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:00:10 PM, Bullish wrote:
At 3/31/2014 6:45:19 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
The people who are quitting: "WHY CAN'T I INSULT PEOPLE?!"

The people who love it: "PEOPLE HURT MY FEELINGS HELP ME!"

Why don't both groups just stfu and just get on with life?

The irony.

Care to explain?

The irony is this potentially violates two of the policies new rules:
you are attacking two groups personally and this may be cross-contamination.

Do you see the issue people have now?
My work here is, finally, done.
RiskTaker
Posts: 245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 7:33:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 7:27:13 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:19:08 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:16:49 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:15:09 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:14:15 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/31/2014 6:45:19 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
The people who are quitting: "WHY CAN'T I INSULT PEOPLE?!"

The people who love it: "PEOPLE HURT MY FEELINGS HELP ME!"

Why don't both groups just stfu and just get on with life?

Did you read the policy as stated?

Yeah they want to make this place harsher on personal attacks.

And do you agree with how a personal attack is defined?

don't have an opinion on it.

I'm just saying that the extremism involved with it is too much. Rage-quitting should be done for the opposite: the bullying, not the banning of bullying.

This is literally like a bully crying on the playground and quitting school because bullying was outlawed.

So, you don't have an opinion on the core issue, but are fine with criticizing others for theirs, which you may or may not fully understand?

I will say some are leaving because they cannot control themselves and will likely be banned. However, others are angry because the definition for personal attack is so weak and vague, UP TO AND INCLUDING AD HOMINOM, that people can be banned for getting upset. Keep in mind that some conversations here are very heated, and opinions are challenged that define people at their very core.

Tell me, if I were to rage quit this conversation and simply say "you're an idiot. I'm done", and leave you alone in this thread forever more, is that something I should be banned for? (keeping in mind that we could be talking about religion, political beliefs, or even racism, like someone is defending racism)

I don't care if you got banned. I'd just sit and laugh because I do not resort to childish insults. I, admittedly, used to always give 'comebacks' and was myself bullied as a child relentlessly. I know the damage it can do to peopel first-hand. I had to teach myself coping mechanisms to not let those bastards get to me.

I have personal feelings tha tmake me bias to fully support this resolution because while it may not hurt you to be called a b*tch, it may hurt someone who is daily called one at school and comes here to finally feel normal in a world of geeks that love to debate. :)

You don't know what it is to feel suicidal and if you do then I apologise for having misjudged you but I'm usually accurate on judging people.

You seem the type whose always been the middle guy. You don't beat the weaklings, you just turn a blind eye.

I can't do that. I feel their pain. Bullying disgusts me and despite being a Nihilist in theory, I am a defender of the victimised in practice.
RiskTaker
Posts: 245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 7:34:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 7:30:48 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:29:34 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:26:30 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
Okay, why?

Because evil exists.

yeah, evil does exist, but what does that have to do with God?

He's all-powerful and thus is capable of stopping it.
RiskTaker
Posts: 245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 7:36:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 7:32:42 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:02:44 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:00:10 PM, Bullish wrote:
At 3/31/2014 6:45:19 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
The people who are quitting: "WHY CAN'T I INSULT PEOPLE?!"

The people who love it: "PEOPLE HURT MY FEELINGS HELP ME!"

Why don't both groups just stfu and just get on with life?

The irony.

Care to explain?

The irony is this potentially violates two of the policies new rules:
you are attacking two groups personally and this may be cross-contamination.

Do you see the issue people have now?

No, I don't see the issue people have with it. If I am made to apologise to the offended parties by the moderators then I will humbly do so.

I'm a risk taker and this only ups the anti. ;)
GodChoosesLife
Posts: 3,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 7:37:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 7:34:46 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:30:48 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:29:34 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:26:30 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
Okay, why?

Because evil exists.

yeah, evil does exist, but what does that have to do with God?

He's all-powerful and thus is capable of stopping it.

Soooo, He should treat the world like robots??
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
RiskTaker
Posts: 245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 7:38:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 7:37:07 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:34:46 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:30:48 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:29:34 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:26:30 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
Okay, why?

Because evil exists.

yeah, evil does exist, but what does that have to do with God?

He's all-powerful and thus is capable of stopping it.

Soooo, He should treat the world like robots??

We already are his robots, we're just programmed to think we're capable of free will.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 7:39:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 7:33:53 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:27:13 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:19:08 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:16:49 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:15:09 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:14:15 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/31/2014 6:45:19 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
The people who are quitting: "WHY CAN'T I INSULT PEOPLE?!"

The people who love it: "PEOPLE HURT MY FEELINGS HELP ME!"

Why don't both groups just stfu and just get on with life?

Did you read the policy as stated?

Yeah they want to make this place harsher on personal attacks.

And do you agree with how a personal attack is defined?

don't have an opinion on it.

I'm just saying that the extremism involved with it is too much. Rage-quitting should be done for the opposite: the bullying, not the banning of bullying.

This is literally like a bully crying on the playground and quitting school because bullying was outlawed.

So, you don't have an opinion on the core issue, but are fine with criticizing others for theirs, which you may or may not fully understand?

I will say some are leaving because they cannot control themselves and will likely be banned. However, others are angry because the definition for personal attack is so weak and vague, UP TO AND INCLUDING AD HOMINOM, that people can be banned for getting upset. Keep in mind that some conversations here are very heated, and opinions are challenged that define people at their very core.

Tell me, if I were to rage quit this conversation and simply say "you're an idiot. I'm done", and leave you alone in this thread forever more, is that something I should be banned for? (keeping in mind that we could be talking about religion, political beliefs, or even racism, like someone is defending racism)

I don't care if you got banned. I'd just sit and laugh because I do not resort to childish insults. I, admittedly, used to always give 'comebacks' and was myself bullied as a child relentlessly. I know the damage it can do to peopel first-hand. I had to teach myself coping mechanisms to not let those bastards get to me.

I have personal feelings tha tmake me bias to fully support this resolution because while it may not hurt you to be called a b*tch, it may hurt someone who is daily called one at school and comes here to finally feel normal in a world of geeks that love to debate. :)

You don't know what it is to feel suicidal and if you do then I apologise for having misjudged you but I'm usually accurate on judging people.

You seem the type whose always been the middle guy. You don't beat the weaklings, you just turn a blind eye.

I can't do that. I feel their pain. Bullying disgusts me and despite being a Nihilist in theory, I am a defender of the victimised in practice.

Oh, and there can't possibly be a middle ground for opposing this policy, huh?
As I have said, your OP is quite possibly an infraction, as is this latest response.

The issue is bullying, not posts, and language.
Harassment needs to be dealt with, not an exchange of opinions.
If you think I'm an idiot, say so. Don't continue replying to my threads which aren't directed at you because I stopped talking to you saying so.

Why do you think a negative opinion equates to bullying?
If you think so, then you have insulted me for assuming too much, and using those assumptions to straw man me.
Do you see the problem, yet?
My work here is, finally, done.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 7:39:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 6:45:19 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
The people who are quitting: "WHY CAN'T I INSULT PEOPLE?!"

The people who love it: "PEOPLE HURT MY FEELINGS HELP ME!"

Why don't both groups just stfu and just get on with life?

That's a horrendously unproductive argument that's generic enough to be applied to any conceivable issue. You began at point A and ended at,... well, I'm really not quite sure.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
GodChoosesLife
Posts: 3,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 7:39:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 7:38:17 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:37:07 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:34:46 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:30:48 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:29:34 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:26:30 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
Okay, why?

Because evil exists.

yeah, evil does exist, but what does that have to do with God?

He's all-powerful and thus is capable of stopping it.

Soooo, He should treat the world like robots??

We already are his robots, we're just programmed to think we're capable of free will.

Then why don't you believe? If we're robots...
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
RiskTaker
Posts: 245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 7:40:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 7:39:07 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 3/31/2014 6:45:19 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
The people who are quitting: "WHY CAN'T I INSULT PEOPLE?!"

The people who love it: "PEOPLE HURT MY FEELINGS HELP ME!"

Why don't both groups just stfu and just get on with life?

That's a horrendously unproductive argument that's generic enough to be applied to any conceivable issue. You began at point A and ended at,... well, I'm really not quite sure.

That's a horrendously unproductive argument that's generic enough to be applied to any conceivable issue. You began at point A and ended at,... well, I'm really not quite sure.
RiskTaker
Posts: 245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 7:41:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 7:39:56 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:38:17 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:37:07 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:34:46 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:30:48 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:29:34 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:26:30 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
Okay, why?

Because evil exists.

yeah, evil does exist, but what does that have to do with God?

He's all-powerful and thus is capable of stopping it.

Soooo, He should treat the world like robots??

We already are his robots, we're just programmed to think we're capable of free will.

Then why don't you believe? If we're robots...

Because he doesn't exist and I'm not.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 7:42:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 7:36:52 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:32:42 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:02:44 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:00:10 PM, Bullish wrote:
At 3/31/2014 6:45:19 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
The people who are quitting: "WHY CAN'T I INSULT PEOPLE?!"

The people who love it: "PEOPLE HURT MY FEELINGS HELP ME!"

Why don't both groups just stfu and just get on with life?

The irony.

Care to explain?

The irony is this potentially violates two of the policies new rules:
you are attacking two groups personally and this may be cross-contamination.

Do you see the issue people have now?

No, I don't see the issue people have with it. If I am made to apologise to the offended parties by the moderators then I will humbly do so.

I'm a risk taker and this only ups the anti. ;)

If you are trolling, stop.
The issue isn't apologizing to an offended party. The issue is you could be temp banned for posts you have made in this very thread.

Do you fancy yourself as a bully in this thread, even though you have made at least three personal attacks?
My work here is, finally, done.
RiskTaker
Posts: 245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 7:42:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 7:39:01 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:33:53 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:27:13 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:19:08 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:16:49 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:15:09 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
At 3/31/2014 7:14:15 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/31/2014 6:45:19 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
The people who are quitting: "WHY CAN'T I INSULT PEOPLE?!"

The people who love it: "PEOPLE HURT MY FEELINGS HELP ME!"

Why don't both groups just stfu and just get on with life?

Did you read the policy as stated?

Yeah they want to make this place harsher on personal attacks.

And do you agree with how a personal attack is defined?

don't have an opinion on it.

I'm just saying that the extremism involved with it is too much. Rage-quitting should be done for the opposite: the bullying, not the banning of bullying.

This is literally like a bully crying on the playground and quitting school because bullying was outlawed.

So, you don't have an opinion on the core issue, but are fine with criticizing others for theirs, which you may or may not fully understand?

I will say some are leaving because they cannot control themselves and will likely be banned. However, others are angry because the definition for personal attack is so weak and vague, UP TO AND INCLUDING AD HOMINOM, that people can be banned for getting upset. Keep in mind that some conversations here are very heated, and opinions are challenged that define people at their very core.

Tell me, if I were to rage quit this conversation and simply say "you're an idiot. I'm done", and leave you alone in this thread forever more, is that something I should be banned for? (keeping in mind that we could be talking about religion, political beliefs, or even racism, like someone is defending racism)

I don't care if you got banned. I'd just sit and laugh because I do not resort to childish insults. I, admittedly, used to always give 'comebacks' and was myself bullied as a child relentlessly. I know the damage it can do to peopel first-hand. I had to teach myself coping mechanisms to not let those bastards get to me.

I have personal feelings tha tmake me bias to fully support this resolution because while it may not hurt you to be called a b*tch, it may hurt someone who is daily called one at school and comes here to finally feel normal in a world of geeks that love to debate. :)

You don't know what it is to feel suicidal and if you do then I apologise for having misjudged you but I'm usually accurate on judging people.

You seem the type whose always been the middle guy. You don't beat the weaklings, you just turn a blind eye.

I can't do that. I feel their pain. Bullying disgusts me and despite being a Nihilist in theory, I am a defender of the victimised in practice.

Oh, and there can't possibly be a middle ground for opposing this policy, huh?
As I have said, your OP is quite possibly an infraction, as is this latest response.

The issue is bullying, not posts, and language.
Harassment needs to be dealt with, not an exchange of opinions.
If you think I'm an idiot, say so. Don't continue replying to my threads which aren't directed at you because I stopped talking to you saying so.

Why do you think a negative opinion equates to bullying?
If you think so, then you have insulted me for assuming too much, and using those assumptions to straw man me.
Do you see the problem, yet?

Every system has problems. Get over it; the world isn't perfect.