Total Posts:15|Showing Posts:1-15
Jump to topic:

I guess I am going to be inactive as well.

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 11:17:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
In spite of the recent events, I have been arguing with myself about what to do.

I sincerely think that the site has entered "the dark ages", as people call it. Some of my closest friends have left or are in the process of leaving.

Bluesteel is on a month hiatus probably longer(may not return), CP quit the site, Ima left the site, Progressive has left the site, and there are like 3-5 others that have been great friends to me that are also in the process of probably leaving.

Due to all of this, I am probably going to take a permanent hiatus from debating and being as active as I was. Once in a while I may take a debate but mostly I am qutting. I have always tried to help and will continue to help in anyway I can but I have a horrible temper in certain situations and will snap sht on people if they say the wrong thing.

I do not want to risk compromising my spot in the leader-boards because of this

Also I am null to this policy. I understand where Max is coming from with it, but I also feel that it kind of feels "forced". Like you are trying to make people communicate properly and respectfully. As long as I have been on here, and even going back as far as Izbo I have never seen it laid out like this.

This has indirectly effected me sadly. At least 5 of my really good friends on here have left or will leave in the weeks to come. As each day progresses I am gaining less motivation to be as active.

I will remain on here in messages and in the forums at points, I will also continue to help TUF in anyway I can. I will however be way less active than I have been in the past few months. In the light of all these members leaving, and the members to come. It has really just depressed me. We have lost some great people, and the way it looks we are going to lose more

I achieved my goal of beating Roy pretty thoroughly, so at least I am leaving the debating scene with a bang.

If you want to know anything else message me. Remember I will still be around in messages and what not, I am just going to be way less active.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 11:26:19 PM
I'll be back with a vengeance end of May. Hopefully see you then.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 11:30:19 PM
At 3/31/2014 11:26:19 PM, bluesteel wrote:
I'll be back with a vengeance end of May. Hopefully see you then.

google + everynight bro

Yeah I will be here in messages at the last
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 11:38:49 PM
At 3/31/2014 11:33:25 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:
I'm gonna miss ya, buddy. Take care. Congrats on beating Roy -- way to go out with a bang, huh?

Again still on here in messages. Just not trying to dedicate to much of my time to this anymore. I have lost hope.
progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 11:40:22 PM
At 3/31/2014 11:38:49 PM, Mikal wrote:
I'm gonna miss ya, buddy. Take care. Congrats on beating Roy -- way to go out with a bang, huh?

Again still on here in messages. Just not trying to dedicate to much of my time to this anymore. I have lost hope.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I posted an open letter to airmax if you're interested. I can't say I'm overly confident, but I guess you never know unless you try.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 11:43:21 PM
At 3/31/2014 11:40:22 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I posted an open letter to airmax if you're interested. I can't say I'm overly confident, but I guess you never know unless you try.

My issue is more with users than this policy. The users make the foundation. Core users are dropping like flies. Thus the site foundation is weak, and will continue to weaken

Without good members here, it will decrease. We already suffered from new member spam and bull crap before, now we don't even have some of the veterans around. I was just overly erked at this ima situation. I mean like erked as in pissed. Then CP left, then sargon, and 3 or 4 more to come.

Just wtf ever I guess.
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 9:35:54 AM
At 3/31/2014 11:43:21 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 3/31/2014 11:40:22 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:

My issue is more with users than this policy. The users make the foundation. Core users are dropping like flies. Thus the site foundation is weak, and will continue to weaken

Without good members here, it will decrease. We already suffered from new member spam and bull crap before, now we don't even have some of the veterans around. I was just overly erked at this ima situation. I mean like erked as in pissed. Then CP left, then sargon, and 3 or 4 more to come.

Just wtf ever I guess.

Yes but that's all supposed to happen in a community! Old people die all the time! But they are replaced by the next generation. I have faith that there will be several newcomers who will be just as talented and great as those before them. But all newcomers need active senior members to show them how the community works, and if all of you leave, we wouldn't know what to do! I didn't know how great this site was until 3 weeks in, when I discovered users like Imabench and you. I admired all of you like role models! This fcking sucks!

Please reconsider.
MassiveDump
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 9:37:34 AM
It's amazing. I've literally only been active for a year now and I've seen at least three or four generations of DDO come and go already.
Krazzy_Player
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 12:39:00 PM
At 3/31/2014 11:17:29 PM, Mikal wrote:
In spite of the recent events, I have been arguing with myself about what to do.

I sincerely think that the site has entered "the dark ages", as people call it. Some of my closest friends have left or are in the process of leaving.

Bluesteel is on a month hiatus probably longer(may not return), CP quit the site, Ima left the site, Progressive has left the site, and there are like 3-5 others that have been great friends to me that are also in the process of probably leaving.

Due to all of this, I am probably going to take a permanent hiatus from debating and being as active as I was. Once in a while I may take a debate but mostly I am qutting. I have always tried to help and will continue to help in anyway I can but I have a horrible temper in certain situations and will snap sht on people if they say the wrong thing.

Also I am null to this policy. I understand where Max is coming from with it, but I also feel that it kind of feels "forced". Like you are trying to make people communicate properly and respectfully. As long as I have been on here, and even going back as far as Izbo I have never seen it laid out like this.

This has indirectly effected me sadly. At least 5 of my really good friends on here have left or will leave in the weeks to come. As each day progresses I am gaining less motivation to be as active.

I will remain on here in messages and in the forums at points, I will also continue to help TUF in anyway I can. I will however be way less active than I have been in the past few months. In the light of all these members leaving, and the members to come. It has really just depressed me. We have lost some great people, and the way it looks we are going to lose more

I achieved my goal of beating Roy pretty thoroughly, so at least I am leaving the debating scene with a bang.

If you want to know anything else message me. Remember I will still be around in messages and what not, I am just going to be way less active.

I understand but What is the option?
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 12:50:49 PM

I call april fools.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Krazzy_Player
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 12:55:07 PM
At 4/1/2014 12:50:49 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

If you want to know anything else message me. Remember I will still be around oin messages and what not, I am just going to be way less active.

I call april fools.

But he is right though. Even I didn't want Imabench and many more to leave. I'm not getting the new TOS here.
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 12:56:14 PM

You should debate me on the existence of God sometime. I promise it will be a good one. ;)
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 4:54:46 PM
At 4/1/2014 12:56:14 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

You should debate me on the existence of God sometime. I promise it will be a good one. ;)

that debate was my last in all honesty at least for a long while. I am still debating about leaving all together