Jump to topic:

How many people would care if I left?

SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 10:12:39 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I see a lot of the competent and intellectual people leaving this site while more and more incompetent and ignorant people join this site. I joined this site for intellectual purposes, not to have to educate people that will ignore the facts anyways. I do not yet know if I will leave or stay, but leaving is becoming more and more tempting.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 10:15:57 AM
Don't leave. Wait for this tide of emotion to subside, before being hasty. Let's just see where things go.
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 10:21:39 AM
At 4/1/2014 10:12:39 AM, SNP1 wrote:
I see a lot of the competent and intellectual people leaving this site while more and more incompetent and ignorant people join this site. I joined this site for intellectual purposes, not to have to educate people that will ignore the facts anyways. I do not yet know if I will leave or stay, but leaving is becoming more and more tempting.

I would be disappointed if you left.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 10:22:04 AM
At 4/1/2014 10:15:57 AM, Wylted wrote:
Don't leave. Wait for this tide of emotion to subside, before being hasty. Let's just see where things go.

You scared me. I thought imabench was back at first... lol. :P

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 10:41:15 AM
At 4/1/2014 10:21:39 AM, zmikecuber wrote:

Really? Why?
#WarOnDDO
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 10:43:23 AM
At 4/1/2014 10:41:15 AM, SNP1 wrote:

Really? Why?

Because you're not an idiot, and there's too many stupid people who don't discuss/debate serious issues.

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 10:49:34 AM

Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 12:50:18 PM

Lol, kid you've won 4 debates. Please, explain to me how that allows you to sit on such a high-horse? One less egotistical person on the site isn't necessarily a bad thing. And I'm sorry, but I see the forums you partake in regarding morality and high-school philosophy topics. Read and present your thoughts on the latest article I posted in the philosophy forums before assuming you are o-so-intelligent -_-
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
RiskTaker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 12:58:49 PM
At 4/1/2014 12:50:18 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Lol, kid you've won 4 debates. Please, explain to me how that allows you to sit on such a high-horse? One less egotistical person on the site isn't necessarily a bad thing. And I'm sorry, but I see the forums you partake in regarding morality and high-school philosophy topics. Read and present your thoughts on the latest article I posted in the philosophy forums before assuming you are o-so-intelligent -_-

https://www.youtube.com...
RiskTaker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 12:59:10 PM

Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 1:00:26 PM
At 4/1/2014 12:59:10 PM, RiskTaker wrote:

Hahaha Bout it bout it!!
RiskTaker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 1:01:27 PM
At 4/1/2014 1:00:26 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 4/1/2014 12:59:10 PM, RiskTaker wrote:

Hahaha Bout it bout it!!

I'm sayin' he aint bout dat life but he actin' like he be up in our swagger man!
KaileyFox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 1:08:19 PM
I joined this site for intellectual purposes
Right... Is that the reason you bash religion so much? Because you're here for "intellectual purposes?"
To be honest, I would like you to stay, but only if you actually try to engage in an intellectual way in conversation. It seems like the only places I see you are on religious polls or debates, flaming the things people believe in. If you're here to learn, then learn. But in order to do that, you first have to engage people who believe differently than you in an open conversation, not a defensive one. Then, together, you can learn about each other's views rather than debating on who's right or wrong about something.
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 1:11:27 PM
Lol, kid you've won 4 debates. Please, explain to me how that allows you to sit on such a high-horse?

Was I sitting on a "high-horse"? No, I simply asked a question. If you look at the structure of the question it also shows that I am not on a "high-horse".

One less egotistical person on the site isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Really now? Are you calling me egotistical? Who gave you the right to set standards?

And I'm sorry, but I see the forums you partake in regarding morality and high-school philosophy topics. Read and present your thoughts on the latest article I posted in the philosophy forums before assuming you are o-so-intelligent -_-

Really? So, do you think you are the standard of intelligence? I also never said that I am intelligent, just that a lot of the intelligent people seem to be leaving this site. Maybe you should learn to read and comprehend before making stupid replies.
#WarOnDDO
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 1:13:24 PM

Meh. Perhaps somebody would notice.
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 1:19:25 PM
At 4/1/2014 1:08:19 PM, KaileyFox wrote:

Right... Is that the reason you bash religion so much? Because you're here for "intellectual purposes?"

Care to explain how I "bash religion so much"? I usually am composed and ask questions, point out fallacies and flaws, etc.

To be honest, I would like you to stay, but only if you actually try to engage in an intellectual way in conversation.

This is under the assumption that you actually have intelligent conversations, correct? I am not saying you do or do not, I am simply asking if that is what you assume to be true.

It seems like the only places I see you are on religious polls or debates,

I also used to spend time on science topics (one of the main reasons I joined this site), but most science topics have died out.

flaming the things people believe in.

Can you give specific examples of my flaming?

If you're here to learn, then learn. But in order to do that, you first have to engage people who believe differently than you in an open conversation, not a defensive one.

And they should, in return, engage in an intellectual conversation and supply evidence when asked.

Then, together, you can learn about each other's views rather than debating on who's right or wrong about something.

Isn't the pursuit of truth the ultimate goal of intellectual conversations? How can you have the pursuit of truth without finding out if someone is right or wrong?
#WarOnDDO
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 1:23:49 PM
At 4/1/2014 1:11:27 PM, SNP1 wrote:
Lol, kid you've won 4 debates. Please, explain to me how that allows you to sit on such a high-horse?

Was I sitting on a "high-horse"? No, I simply asked a question. If you look at the structure of the question it also shows that I am not on a "high-horse".

I quote: "I joined this site for intellectual purposes, not to have to educate people that will ignore the facts anyways." " leaving is becoming more and more tempting."

These statements imply that you are doing nothing but educating those who are beneath your own intellectual capacity. My point was that winning 4 debates does not justify the implied claim that you are above this site. You aren't. You haven't challenged the true intellects to a debate once, nor have you posted anything in the philosophy forums that make me believe you are any more intelligent than the average highschool philosophy enthusiast.

One less egotistical person on the site isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Really now? Are you calling me egotistical? Who gave you the right to set standards?

I have the right to judge others based on the fact that the ability to pass judgement is an intrinsic tool that comes attached with the level of intelligence I have. The right to set standards comes with life, will and opportunity to do so.

And I'm sorry, but I see the forums you partake in regarding morality and high-school philosophy topics. Read and present your thoughts on the latest article I posted in the philosophy forums before assuming you are o-so-intelligent -_-

Really? So, do you think you are the standard of intelligence? I also never said that I am intelligent, just that a lot of the intelligent people seem to be leaving this site. Maybe you should learn to read and comprehend before making stupid replies.

Based on my latest post in the philosophical forums, yes I am. I have set a standard in terms of intellectual capacity by sharing an advanced modern philosophical article which, at this point, has no willing participants. Based on the fact that Philosophy is the "Love of Wisdom" it is reasonable to assume that any true philosophers would jump at the opportunity to learn and partake in something new. Unfortunately, people of your sort seem to only enjoy highschool philosophy pertaining to morality/ethics/objectivity and the existence of an original mover, i.e., god.

The only stupid post that has been made throughout this topic is your assumption that you are teaching others who are beneath you when you are ultimately to cowardly to challenge those who are truly above you. You partake in topics that are elementary at best, and then claim that you want to leave because the "intellectuals" are. Let's be real for a second, 6 people have left. The intellectuals are still around, you just haven't elevated yourself to the point where they would want to interact with you.
RiskTaker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 1:30:16 PM
The way I see it you both need to chillax and realise that the greater enemy here is the disease that's spreading throughout the quitters. Fight that and you no longer have to bite each other's throats.
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 1:38:52 PM
At 4/1/2014 1:23:49 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
I quote: "I joined this site for intellectual purposes, not to have to educate people that will ignore the facts anyways." " leaving is becoming more and more tempting."

These statements imply that you are doing nothing but educating those who are beneath your own intellectual capacity.

Considering how many people have asked me to explain quantum fluctuations, I am educating people.

My point was that winning 4 debates does not justify the implied claim that you are above this site.

Because this is the only website that allows people to find out how intelligent they are...

You aren't. You haven't challenged the true intellects to a debate once, nor have you posted anything in the philosophy forums that make me believe you are any more intelligent than the average highschool philosophy enthusiast.

So you are basing my intelligent off of your own judgement, and basing it off of one of the many forums? I think that this brings up your own intellect into question.

I have the right to judge others based on the fact that the ability to pass judgement is an intrinsic tool that comes attached with the level of intelligence I have. The right to set standards comes with life, will and opportunity to do so.

So, you are calling yourself intelligent? How would you know Your own judgement?

Based on my latest post in the philosophical forums, yes I am.

So, one post online proves something? And it can be judged based off of you calling yourself intelligent?

I have set a standard in terms of intellectual capacity by sharing an advanced modern philosophical article which, at this point, has no willing participants.

And you were calling me egotistical...

Based on the fact that Philosophy is the "Love of Wisdom" it is reasonable to assume that any true philosophers would jump at the opportunity to learn and partake in something new.

Philosophy- the study of the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence, especially when considered as an academic discipline.

How is that the "Love of Wisdom"?

Unfortunately, people of your sort seem to only enjoy highschool philosophy pertaining to morality/ethics/objectivity and the existence of an original mover, i.e., god.

Generalizing people together and acting like you are more superior, I think that it is confirmed that you are egotistical.

The only stupid post that has been made throughout this topic is your assumption that you are teaching others who are beneath you when you are ultimately to cowardly to challenge those who are truly above you.

Really? You are assuming I am too cowardly to challenge those who are above me? I have never denied a challenge except by those agreed upon to be highly ignorant and/or self-centered. I have no problem if people wish to debate or converse with me.

You partake in topics that are elementary at best, and then claim that you want to leave because the "intellectuals" are.

Again, you are acting like your standards are the world's standards. That is pathetic.

Let's be real for a second, 6 people have left.

Did I once say that the intellectuals have just left? No. Let's be real for a second, people have been leaving this site constantly over the past few months, many of which were highly intelligent. Recently there have been more people leaving at one time, but that does not mean that those that left before this do not count.

The intellectuals are still around, you just haven't elevated yourself to the point where they would want to interact with you.

Again, acting like your standards are everyone's standards. That is, in all honesty, pathetic and egotistical.
#WarOnDDO
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 2:18:29 PM
At 4/1/2014 1:38:52 PM, SNP1 wrote:
Considering how many people have asked me to explain quantum fluctuations, I am educating people.

Please, a simple Google search and some free-time is sufficient for answering a question like that.

Because this is the only website that allows people to find out how intelligent they are...

Lol, no. Certainly not. The issue was tied to you acting like your above others and the fact that you have no solid record that validates the implications that come with your original statements.

So you are basing my intelligent off of your own judgement, and basing it off of one of the many forums? I think that this brings up your own intellect into question.

I used that one as an example, I'm not interested enough to inspect every post you've ever made. The fact remains though that you enjoy discussing elementary subjects based on the subject of debates you've done and the subjects of the topics you partook in recently. Please, prove me wrong by showing me how capable you are of comprehending my latest topic in the Philosophy forums. Until you can do that, I have no desire to accept your view that you are wanting to leave because the "intellectuals" are, when you yourself don't participate in subjects that demand the best in terms of intellectual comprehension and understanding.

So, you are calling yourself intelligent? How would you know Your own judgement?

Yes I am. I know this because of my lived-experience as a sentient being that interacts with other sentient life-forms. I have removed self-doubt from the equation and have been shown empirical evidence of my intelligence in the forms of IQ test results throughout my education and spoken or written observations made by other life-forms about my character and level of general knowledge.

So, one post online proves something? And it can be judged based off of you calling yourself intelligent?

Yes, it can. Consider it my attempt to cull the herd of all the highschool philosophers who seem to only care about subjects that have already been fleshed to the bone by countless career philosophers. I've yet to see a true philosopher, who is knowledgeable of modern philosophical publications.

I have set a standard in terms of intellectual capacity by sharing an advanced modern philosophical article which, at this point, has no willing participants.

And you were calling me egotistical...

Yes, I was and still am. You've yet to prove to me that you can run with the big dogs. It's all layed out for you big boy. There is a link to the article and then my own personal outline. It's not me being egotistical if it's true. Prove me wrong, show me you can keep up or else shut your mouth when talking about intellectuals leaving the site - that comment alone infuriated me. Like I've said, prove you yourself are one before acting like it's such a loss to lose 6 people. Sargon is the only true intellectual that has left.

Philosophy- the study of the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence, especially when considered as an academic discipline.

How is that the "Love of Wisdom"?

Wow, I believe this statement proves my whole point for me. The word "philosophy" comes from the Ancient Greek `6;_3;_5;_9;`3;_9;`6;^3;^5; (philosophia), which literally means "love of wisdom." The word is derived from the Greek "philo" which means to love and "sophia" which means wisdom.Thus the word means "the love of wisdom"... -_-

Unfortunately, people of your sort seem to only enjoy highschool philosophy pertaining to morality/ethics/objectivity and the existence of an original mover, i.e., god.

Generalizing people together and acting like you are more superior, I think that it is confirmed that you are egotistical.

I've yet to have anyone prove me wrong. If you feel like you are capable of doing so, please attempt to comprehend and comment on my latest topic in the Philosophy forums. Until someone can actually prove they can keep up, my statement stands - not as egotistical - but as an observation which has yet to be proven invalid.

Really? You are assuming I am too cowardly to challenge those who are above me? I have never denied a challenge except by those agreed upon to be highly ignorant and/or self-centered. I have no problem if people wish to debate or converse with me.

Fine, then hopefully you won't deny my challenge of asking you to attempt to comprehend my latest topic. Of course, you could claim I am self-centered I suppose and refuse the challenge. But ultimately, if you continue on your philosophical journey - you'll come across the material I have presented. Read it, study it, and let's converse if you feel you can. If not, I consider your original statement to be a useless time consuming comment made by someone attempting to leave in a manner that pretends it's because he's all alone in a sea of stupidity. Prove otherwise if you dare.

You partake in topics that are elementary at best, and then claim that you want to leave because the "intellectuals" are.

Again, you are acting like your standards are the world's standards. That is pathetic.

No, what is pathetic is that you are trying to use the excuse that all the intellectuals are leaving, so you should too. You leaving would not be a loss among those who are truly intelligent.

Let's be real for a second, 6 people have left.

Did I once say that the intellectuals have just left? No. Let's be real for a second, people have been leaving this site constantly over the past few months, many of which were highly intelligent. Recently there have been more people leaving at one time, but that does not mean that those that left before this do not count.

Dude, your whole point for wanting to leave is because the intellectuals are haha. Check yourself before backtracking on your own statements.

The intellectuals are still around, you just haven't elevated yourself to the point where they would want to interact with you.

Again, acting like your standards are everyone's standards. That is, in all honesty, pathetic and egotistical.

The standards I use are based on the opponents you've debated against and the philosophical subjects you've recently commented on. Although if you are going to claim I am pathetic and egotistical, I could claim that you are ignorant and incapable of comprehending real modern philosophy if it slapped you in the face. If someone, who is more advanced than you in philosophical understanding is pathetic, then what does that make you? As I said before, if you are gonna throw such a hissy fit and start topics about your departure as if you're actually important - then please prove me wrong.
kbub
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 2:52:37 PM

I would! Don't force me to respond to the stupid alone!
RiskTaker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 2:53:51 PM
At 4/1/2014 2:52:37 PM, kbub wrote:

I would! Don't force me to respond to the stupid alone!

I can understand why responding to yourself may get tiring. :)
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 2:53:58 PM

Voice of reason! Thou name is Wylted!
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
kbub
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 2:54:48 PM
At 4/1/2014 2:53:58 PM, donald.keller wrote:

Voice of reason! Thou name is Wylted!

Indeed.
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 2:59:27 PM

Screw it, we should start are own debating site.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 3:00:43 PM
At 4/1/2014 2:59:27 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:

Very tempting
#WarOnDDO
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 3:51:09 PM

It's been done, already.
RiskTaker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 4:00:32 PM

You think you can make one better than DDO?

Dream on, scrub.