Two Kinds of Users

bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 2:16:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
There are two kinds of users on DDO:

User Type #1 consist of users who seek to engage only in debates on important and/or controversial issues, and contribute to and/or create forum threads that concern important matters. They care little about little that happens on this Site which doesn't concern debating the issues, and they are annoyed by people who don't like to talk about the issues. They think that DDO users parties are a complete waste of time, and they are currently growing more and more disillusioned with this Site because of all the polls which they consider spam (and many of them are indeed spam). They are the "Debaters," and they generally dislike people of User Type #2.

User Type #2 consists of users who enjoy doing games on this Site, talk about which users of this Site have recently left. They enjoy making funny (or what they consider funny) polls and threads. They create their own DDO Parties, such as the DDO Revolution Party and the DDO Members Union and the DDo Right Sector. They may debate sometimes, but that's not really why they're here. They'll pretty much ignore conversations on important issues and create their own niche on this Site where they can talk about whatever the feel like talking about. They are the "Socializers," and they usually ignore User Type #1, unless their newest activity, poll, or thread is being attacked by a User Type #1.

However, few users can be branched entirely into one of these two categories. Socializers will sometimes debate topics, and Debaters may occasionally play one of the games on DDO or talk about a user who has recently quit.

This may explain the exodus of migrating users this year. Many Debaters are fed up with all the "spam," while Socializers are disillusioned with DDO's new policy, recently announced by Airmax.

I think I am mostly a User Type #2, though I do relatively often engage in debates on the issues. Which one of these two groups are you guys in? I'd like to hear some input.
RiskTaker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 2:25:29 PM
At 4/1/2014 2:24:50 PM, XLAV wrote:
At 4/1/2014 2:22:13 PM, RiskTaker wrote:
I'm more of a type 1.

Lol, no. I see you more as type 2.

You're entitled to that opinion.
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 2:27:49 PM
At 4/1/2014 2:24:09 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
What about hybrids?

There are plenty people who are in the middle, just as there are moderates who are neither liberal nor conservative.
For instance, Imabench, who engaged in countless non-debating activities on the Site, also participated in over 500 debates.
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 2:29:25 PM
At 4/1/2014 2:16:57 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:

User Type #1 consist of users who seek to engage only in debates on important and/or controversial issues, and contribute to and/or create forum threads that concern important matters. They care little about little that happens on this Site which doesn't concern debating the issues, and they are annoyed by people who don't like to talk about the issues. They think that DDO users parties are a complete waste of time, and they are currently growing more and more disillusioned with this Site because of all the polls which they consider spam (and many of them are indeed spam). They are the "Debaters," and they generally dislike people of User Type #2.

User Type #2 consists of users who enjoy doing games on this Site, talk about which users of this Site have recently left. They enjoy making funny (or what they consider funny) polls and threads. They create their own DDO Parties, such as the DDO Revolution Party and the DDO Members Union and the DDo Right Sector. They may debate sometimes, but that's not really why they're here. They'll pretty much ignore conversations on important issues and create their own niche on this Site where they can talk about whatever the feel like talking about. They are the "Socializers," and they usually ignore User Type #1, unless their newest activity, poll, or thread is being attacked by a User Type #1.

However, few users can be branched entirely into one of these two categories. Socializers will sometimes debate topics, and Debaters may occasionally play one of the games on DDO or talk about a user who has recently quit.

This may explain the exodus of migrating users this year. Many Debaters are fed up with all the "spam," while Socializers are disillusioned with DDO's new policy, recently announced by Airmax.

I think I am mostly a User Type #2, though I do relatively often engage in debates on the issues. Which one of these two groups are you guys in? I'd like to hear some input.

Then, there's Type Three Users: Trolls. They like ruining both intelligent debates and fun activities simply for the thrill of it.
But in reality, most trolls would fit in User Type #2.
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 2:35:17 PM
At 4/1/2014 2:32:20 PM, XLAV wrote:
Also don't forget the one-timer noobs.

Yes, they certainly do exist. Of course, I'm sure many of these are secondary accounts of already existing users.
HOWEVER, notice that I've labeled this topic "Two Kinds of Users." I didn't call it "Three Kinds of Users" or "Four Kinds of Users."
Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 2:35:48 PM

Like you? Lol just messin with you.
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 2:38:18 PM
At 4/1/2014 2:35:17 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:

Yes, they certainly do exist. Of course, I'm sure many of these are secondary accounts of already existing users.
HOWEVER, notice that I've labeled this topic "Two Kinds of Users." I didn't call it "Three Kinds of Users" or "Four Kinds of Users."

I've noticed that most One-Time Users never get around to changing their profile pictures from default, but whenever they do change their profile picture, they're usually here to stay. Of course, there are several well-known users (such as Bornofgod) who, at the time that I'm writing this, still use a default profile picture.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 2:41:49 PM
At 4/1/2014 2:35:17 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:

You did label this topic "Two Kinds of Users." but you added a third kind of user, the troll users.

Your thread is now ruined!
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 2:45:24 PM
I'm flat out both. I play and even host games (Check out Fate: Game of Kings, and read The Never Ending Story)! And I debate all the time, be it here or in the Debate section.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
kbub
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 2:59:32 PM

I'm not really sure that divide works....
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 7:53:47 PM
At 4/1/2014 2:59:32 PM, kbub wrote:

And why do half the people on this Site feel the urge to emulate Imabench by taking on his profile picture?
kbub
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 7:58:42 PM
At 4/1/2014 7:53:47 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
At 4/1/2014 2:59:32 PM, kbub wrote:

And why do half the people on this Site feel the urge to emulate Imabench by taking on his profile picture?

A tribute.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 8:08:46 PM
I think I've slowly transitioned from being purely type 1 to being sort of a hybrid between the two types of users in my time on the site.

Interesting observation, Bubba!
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 9:50:32 PM
I am more so type 1 despite the fact I have only 3 debates that I have done. I think my biggest debate on this site was on the poll "is god real?". Despite the fact, it wasn't an official counted debate, anyone who seen it or knew about it seen it as epic. That was an awesome debate and wouldn't mind doing a debate like that again. It was intense, exciting, and eye opening for both atheist and religious people alike. I would love to see more debates like that.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 9:52:13 PM
At 4/1/2014 9:50:32 PM, Haroush wrote:
I am more so type 1 despite the fact I have only 3 debates that I have done. I think my biggest debate on this site was on the poll "is god real?". Despite the fact, it wasn't an official counted debate, anyone who seen it or knew about it seen it as epic. That was an awesome debate and wouldn't mind doing a debate like that again. It was intense, exciting, and eye opening for both atheist and religious people alike. I would love to see more debates like that.

I would be interested in doing a debate like that with you...
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 9:58:36 PM
At 4/1/2014 9:52:13 PM, Romanii wrote:

About what specifically though? All you have to do is ask.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 10:00:03 PM
At 4/1/2014 9:58:36 PM, Haroush wrote:

"Is God Real".

Is there a specific argument you would like to focus on, or would you rather have a debate with multiple arguments?
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 10:06:55 PM
At 4/1/2014 10:00:03 PM, Romanii wrote:

"Is God Real".

Is there a specific argument you would like to focus on, or would you rather have a debate with multiple arguments?

We could debate with multiple arguments. Either way it wouldn't bother me.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 10:08:17 PM
At 4/1/2014 10:06:55 PM, Haroush wrote:

"Is God Real".

Cool. We can do it anytime next week (this week is too busy for me).
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 10:13:28 PM
At 4/1/2014 10:08:17 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 4/1/2014 10:06:55 PM, Haroush wrote:

"Is God Real".

Cool. We can do it anytime next week (this week is too busy for me).

I understand trust me. A different day brings another problem to solve. As time goes on, the problems get bigger if you don't take care of them properly.
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 11:12:10 PM

You nailed it.

"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 12:50:00 AM
Type 3 here.........
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
The_Scapegoat_bleats
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 2:46:54 AM
Type 1A:
I'm here for the debates, and I couldn't care less for any drama, be it the polls, the opinions, the forum or whatnot.

I debate because it helps me sort out my thoughts, and anything else doesn't affect me.

If I have no worthy opponents, it doesn't matter. I state my case as best I can, no matter the opposition.

So I really don't understand all the buzz going on right now. Apart from it being good stuff for a little debate inbetween, that is.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2014 7:31:36 AM
Imabench actually did a thread like this a while back. It had 3 types of usars.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2014 7:34:55 AM
At 4/4/2014 7:31:36 AM, lannan13 wrote:
Imabench actually did a thread like this a while back. It had 3 types of usars.

What were they?

User Type 2 reporting.
#NoToMobocracy #BladeStroink