Jump to topic:

Percentile?

Dennybug
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 1:04:27 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Can someone explain the percentile medal thats displayed on user's profiles? I'm confused as to what it is. does it have something to do with activity/involvement?
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 1:10:21 AM
At 4/2/2014 1:04:27 AM, Dennybug wrote:
Can someone explain the percentile medal thats displayed on user's profiles? I'm confused as to what it is. does it have something to do with activity/involvement?

From the sites FAQ:

http://www.debate.org...

What do the icons represent?

"Each member has a star next to their username which indicates their debating skills as designated by their percentile. Member percentiles are calculated using the number of debates and the win ratio for each member. The higher the percentile, the higher the ranking. For example, a member in the 75th percentile means that 75% of the other members have a lower rank. Members who have not yet debated, are considered 'Not Ranked'"

If you click the question in the FAQ it will show an image of each of the medals and what it represents.
Debate.org Moderator
Dennybug
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 1:17:57 AM
At 4/2/2014 1:10:21 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 4/2/2014 1:04:27 AM, Dennybug wrote:

From the sites FAQ:

http://www.debate.org...

What do the icons represent?

"Each member has a star next to their username which indicates their debating skills as designated by their percentile. Member percentiles are calculated using the number of debates and the win ratio for each member. The higher the percentile, the higher the ranking. For example, a member in the 75th percentile means that 75% of the other members have a lower rank. Members who have not yet debated, are considered 'Not Ranked'"

If you click the question in the FAQ it will show an image of each of the medals and what it represents.

Thanks a lot.