Jump to topic:

Daytonanerd for President

daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 9:32:56 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Today, April 2nd, I am announcing my intentions to run for president. This is not a joke. I feel that this announcement needed to come when it did because DDO is facing it's rough times now, so I felt it was the right time.

I will be posting my platform in a few hours.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 9:34:25 AM
At 4/2/2014 9:32:56 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
Today, April 2nd, I am announcing my intentions to run for president. This is not a joke. I feel that this announcement needed to come when it did because DDO is facing it's rough times now, so I felt it was the right time.

There is so much wrong with this statement...
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 9:35:52 AM
At 4/2/2014 9:34:25 AM, Zaradi wrote:

There is so much wrong with this statement...

Could have phrased it a bit better, but I was in a rush to post this.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Krazzy_Player
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 11:58:35 AM

Troll KFC nac..................................................................................................
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 12:01:43 PM

We're 2 1/2 months away. You don't think this is too soon?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 12:50:09 PM
At 4/2/2014 12:01:43 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Not at all.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Buckethead31594
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 2:27:02 PM
At 4/2/2014 12:50:09 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 4/2/2014 12:01:43 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Not at all.

Good to have a competitor. It is a little soon, but good luck.
"By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 2:37:46 PM

Let us know when that platform is up.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 3:19:24 PM
Alright, finally back, now, to put out my platform.

Plaform
1. Repeal(Or seriously modify) the recently released policy on personal attacks:
Now, I understand that there are people who agree with this, and doubting that it actually has a big impact. What I believe to be so wrong with it is what they define as 'Personal Attacks'. I mean, come on, Ad Hominems are personal attacks? I believe people should be allowed to call each other idiots, etc., if they are able to justify such a calling out. Now, don't get me wrong, I respect what they were trying to do here. But it would need serious reworking, at the very least. There are some things I agree with that were under the policy, mainly the legal and reporting threats, but there is a great deal under the policy that was wrong, in my opinion. Members are leaving because of it, and I really can understand why.

2. Only demand technical support from Juggle:
Now, many people are pretty upset with Juggle over what they are doing with the site, and some of the issues they are having. To me, we should only be getting bent out of shape with Juggle if this site isn't working, because really, that is the only thing we have a say about if we demand things out of Juggle. No one benefits from a site not working, and I believe Juggle understands this. I would work with Juggle on the site's recent server issues, and other technical problems we may have down the line. A lot of people want an update from Juggle, but us demanding it from them isn't going to do a thing about it. I believe, that if we are a userbase that doesn't demand things from Juggle, and aren't, well, annoying, then I believe that they will be more inclined to make an update, or do other things, on their own accord. We have to sort out our user issues. Which leads me to Number 3...

3. New Banning Policy:
You may be asking "What? But I thought you wanted to repeal banning policies! Not add new ones!" Well, before you write me off, give this a chance. There was a great idea for a new banning policy proposed last election season by Imabench and Bsh1, two users, I have great respect for, and I find that it would be very effective. This is what Imabench proposed, as the policy, in his own words:
"- 1 - Poll Spammers -------- If you spam a lot of polls, you get one severe warning to cease doing so immediately. If you continue to spam polls, then youre banned..... If you go several weeks between spamming sessions, you get a second warning, and then anything after that will result in a banning

- 2 - People who only post hate content ------ Remember falconduler and qopel? People like those two who only ever posted stuff to sh** on the jews, blacks, gays, or people whose entire existence is to go out and pick fights with people on DDO would be banned under my administration almost immediately without a second thought when it is apparent that they will not stop..... I think everyone on here agrees that Qopel wasnt banned from DDO soon enough, and if I were President, I would be that guy who brings out the banhammer right away on people who clearly cant be fixed, like Qopel.

- 3 - Idiots --------- THIS is the one where people get touchy, the policy of banning stupid people just because they are really, really REALLY stupid..... But I have a solution that might appease some of you. I will not be the judge, jury, and executioner of whether or not someone gets banned for being a complete idiot......... YOU will.

Remember when public trials were a thing, like with Izbo10? I would bring that idea back when dealing with exceptionally stupid people, where the people of DDO, ALL of the people of DDO, could pass judgement on whether or not someone should be kicked off of DDO because they are excessively stupid.

To some of you, that sounds like mob rule. And you know what, you would be correct. I am proposing mob rule, because this is OUR site and I think its time we take it back by kicking out one idiot at a time..... It sounds pretty old school and barbaric, and thats what im bringing to the table on this one, some old school a** kicking to the people who really shouldnt be here."

I believe that this is a fair system, as the users would get to decide if another user should be put on trial, but it still leaves a fighting chance for an unpopular user to show off in a trial that they should be able to stay on DDO, and do not deserve to be kicked off.

Now, I know what some of you are thinking, mainly with numbers 1 and 3. "You aren't a mod. You can't change these things yourself. Getting the presidency doesn't automatically give mod powers." All of this is true, actually. But here's why these are issues on my platform. If the users of DDO vote for a user with moderation issues in their platform, and they are elected president, it would show our moderators that these are things that a majority of the users believe in, and they would hopefully realize that these are things the users want, and institute these policies. It may be wishful thinking, but who knows, crazier things have happened.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 3:21:44 PM
At 4/2/2014 2:37:46 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Let us know when that platform is up.

It's up.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 4:09:15 PM
It seems like your trying to take advantage of the tide of emotion currently plaguing this place.

It feels like you're trying to take advantage of a disaster, before the emotion subsides and the disaster can't be taken advantage of.

This early bid for presidency is in bad taste, especially considering the timing.
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 4:11:18 PM
At 4/2/2014 4:09:15 PM, Wylted wrote:
It seems like your trying to take advantage of the tide of emotion currently plaguing this place.

It feels like you're trying to take advantage of a disaster, before the emotion subsides and the disaster can't be taken advantage of.

This early bid for presidency is in bad taste, especially considering the timing.

Well, I can't take advantage of this, considering the election is 2 1/2 months out, and even if I could, I wouldn't.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 4:13:45 PM

I was always planning on announcing it in Mid-April, but I just jumped the gun a bit. I did it the first day after April Fool's, I guess to sort of prove that this is indeed serious.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 4:15:37 PM
At 4/2/2014 4:13:45 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

I was always planning on announcing it in Mid-April, but I just jumped the gun a bit. I did it the first day after April Fool's, I guess to sort of prove that this is indeed serious.

Sounds sensible. I'm just sharing my first thought on this. Goo luck with your presidential bid.
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 4:17:59 PM
At 4/2/2014 4:15:37 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/2/2014 4:13:45 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

Sounds sensible. I'm just sharing my first thought on this. Goo luck with your presidential bid.

Thank you. I hope that this campaign will provide at least a little bit of good for the community, hopefully, a lot.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 4:18:54 PM
At 4/2/2014 4:17:07 PM, Zaradi wrote:
So you basically want the "return it back to the way it was" platform

Mostly, and then there's that third platform issue, to hopefully offer a degree of change for the better.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 4:20:13 PM
At 4/2/2014 4:17:34 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
I like most of these platform ideals. We'll see what happens come election season.

Yeah. I expect to see many people announce their campaigns in the coming weeks, or months.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 4:20:48 PM
At 4/2/2014 4:18:54 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

Mostly, and then there's that third platform issue, to hopefully offer a degree of change for the better.

Y'know, I was 100% against TUF, but I'd vote him back in over this. And I really don't want to see him back in, nothing personal against TUF.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 4:22:13 PM
At 4/2/2014 4:20:48 PM, Zaradi wrote:

Y'know, I was 100% against TUF, but I'd vote him back in over this. And I really don't want to see him back in, nothing personal against TUF.

What are your concerns?
#FeeltheFreezerBern
RiskTaker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 4:22:46 PM
At 4/2/2014 4:20:48 PM, Zaradi wrote:

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 4:23:08 PM
At 4/2/2014 4:20:13 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 4/2/2014 4:17:34 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
I like most of these platform ideals. We'll see what happens come election season.

Yeah. I expect to see many people announce their campaigns in the coming weeks, or months.

Hopefully so. I like to weigh all my options.
RiskTaker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 4:24:22 PM
At 4/2/2014 3:19:24 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

- 3 - Idiots --------- THIS is the one where people get touchy, the policy of banning stupid people just because they are really, really REALLY stupid..... But I have a solution that might appease some of you. I will not be the judge, jury, and executioner of whether or not someone gets banned for being a complete idiot......... YOU will.

Don't be surprised when we vote for your self-ban.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 4:25:58 PM
The only way to deal with problems is to bring about change.

Change brings about problems, which need to be dealt with by change.

This is why people take issue with "new" policies. If you succeed in implementing your policies, you'll face as much backlash as AirMax. Why, will you face backlash? Because change causes problems.
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 4:26:30 PM
At 4/2/2014 4:24:22 PM, RiskTaker wrote:

Well, I'm hopeful that opinions of others would disagree with you.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
RiskTaker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 4:27:12 PM
At 4/2/2014 4:26:30 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 4/2/2014 4:24:22 PM, RiskTaker wrote:

Well, I'm hopeful that opinions of others would disagree with you.

No one can predict what the mob may come to want.