Jump to topic:

The Great Fall Of DDO *

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 10:52:26 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I am sad to announce that my prediction has come true. I do understand that this is a social online network where are have strong passionate debates. But to tell the audience that they cannot engage in any personal attacks is a form of dictatorship and prevents us from having a healthy debate. I think our rights as I stated before are being restricted. What do you think. See this thread below.

http://www.debate.org...
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 10:59:34 AM
At 4/2/2014 10:52:26 AM, inferno wrote:
But to tell the audience that they cannot engage in any personal attacks is a form of dictatorship and prevents us from having a healthy debate.

I've had lots of healthy debates without personally attacking anybody. I find it completely unnecessary.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
Mysterious_Stranger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 11:40:19 AM
Tis a shame really isn't it, we have to be civilised towards each other in order to argue. Who would have thought that?
Turn around, go back.
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 11:47:46 AM
At 4/2/2014 11:40:19 AM, Mysterious_Stranger wrote:
Tis a shame really isn't it, we have to be civilised towards each other in order to argue. Who would have thought that?

Not I.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

Krazzy_Player
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 11:52:32 AM
I am sad to announce that my prediction has come true. I do understand that this is a social online network where are have strong passionate debates. But to tell the audience that they cannot engage in any personal attacks is a form of dictatorship and prevents us from having a healthy debate. I think our rights as I stated before are being restricted. What do you think. See this thread below.

Yeah this site is run by idiots.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 11:55:00 AM
You guys are really over dramatic. These policies are good. They shouldn't be applied to Imabench, but the policies are good for the site. I doubt they'll be so strictly enforced as to not allow anyone to feel like they can be themselves and speak freely.
Krazzy_Player
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 11:59:21 AM
At 4/2/2014 11:55:00 AM, Wylted wrote:
You guys are really over dramatic. These policies are good. They shouldn't be applied to Imabench, but the policies are good for the site. I doubt they'll be so strictly enforced as to not allow anyone to feel like they can be themselves and speak freely.

I agree.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 1:38:14 PM

No these policies are not good. Because number one it is unrealistic. And number two to assume that it affects people emotionally is subjective at best.
Most do not care about the personal attacks here as it is the norm.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 1:38:48 PM
At 4/2/2014 10:59:34 AM, philochristos wrote:
But to tell the audience that they cannot engage in any personal attacks is a form of dictatorship and prevents us from having a healthy debate.

I've had lots of healthy debates without personally attacking anybody. I find it completely unnecessary.

Attacks are part of the art of a good debate.
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 1:39:28 PM
At 4/2/2014 1:38:48 PM, inferno wrote:

We're gonna have to disagree on that.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 2:15:11 PM
At 4/2/2014 1:39:28 PM, philochristos wrote:

Why.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 2:39:29 PM
At 4/2/2014 1:39:28 PM, philochristos wrote:

Are you saying that sarcasm in all its honesty should not be appreciated.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 11:24:50 AM

You are not a representation of what is civilized and what is not.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 11:25:33 AM

You are not a representation of what is civilized and what is not.

Thank you.
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 3:32:00 PM

I know this crap is ridiculous. I'm sorry, but people remind me of a bunch of whiny kids who are mad because they didn't get the piece of candy that they liked from the teacher. It's best to just ignore these people who continue to complain and whine. Let them whine to themselves. That's my opinion. And if you don't like what I say, so be it.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 3:48:41 PM
At 4/3/2014 3:32:00 PM, Haroush wrote:

I know this crap is ridiculous. I'm sorry, but people remind me of a bunch of whiny kids who are mad because they didn't get the piece of candy that they liked from the teacher. It's best to just ignore these people who continue to complain and whine. Let them whine to themselves. That's my opinion. And if you don't like what I say, so be it.

Well you sound just about as whiny as a 4 year old wanting to eat ice cream before dinner. Thank you for your time. =)
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 3:51:11 PM
At 4/3/2014 3:48:41 PM, inferno wrote:

Well you sound just about as whiny as a 4 year old wanting to eat ice cream before dinner. Thank you for your time. =)

Actually, I am more so annoyed by what stupidity is doing to this website.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 4:51:19 PM
At 4/3/2014 3:51:11 PM, Haroush wrote:

Um, I'm not implying that I agree with this view, but you do know that many of the users on this site, including imabench, think that YOU are one of the idiots ruining the site with your stupidity, right?

Again, I don't really agree with them, but I still find it slightly ironic...
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 5:50:57 PM
At 4/3/2014 4:51:19 PM, Romanii wrote:

Um, I'm not implying that I agree with this view, but you do know that many of the users on this site, including imabench, think that YOU are one of the idiots ruining the site with your stupidity, right?

Oh trust me.. I know there are quite a few people who think I am one of the people ruining this site. Though, that is furthest from the truth. I actually love heated debates, The problem is when people just go around simply for the pleasure of trying to make someone's life hell by spewing public insults without any productive public discourse on the topic in question. I mean if someone thinks someone's ideas are stupid, by all means say so, but with your claim, back it up with your explanations and evidence.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 6:14:40 PM
Did anyone read the terms of use? What is the point of any rule or law if one just arbitrarily ignores them because they don't conform to their liking or agenda. Why don't all the complainers go start their own troll/debate site and then they can personally attack anyone they want for any reason they want under the terms of use of their new Troll/Debate site.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 6:17:09 PM
At 4/3/2014 5:50:57 PM, Haroush wrote:

Oh trust me.. I know there are quite a few people who think I am one of the people ruining this site. Though, that is furthest from the truth. I actually love heated debates, The problem is when people just go around simply for the pleasure of trying to make someone's life hell by spewing public insults without any productive public discourse on the topic in question. I mean if someone thinks someone's ideas are stupid, by all means say so, but with your claim, back it up with your explanations and evidence.

I'll judge your intelligence for myself in our upcoming debate :D

I'm really looking forward to it; I've been wanting to play DA on God's existence for some time now.
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 6:22:10 PM
At 4/3/2014 6:17:09 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 4/3/2014 5:50:57 PM, Haroush wrote:

I'll judge your intelligence for myself in our upcoming debate :D

I'm really looking forward to it; I've been wanting to play DA on God's existence for some time now.

It probably will be a great debate. Both of us are passionate about our beliefs and I imagine it will be quite a show for others to watch.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 8:15:47 PM

Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 8:15:55 PM
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 8:17:17 PM

And this is what you want in a debate?
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 8:17:28 PM

Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 8:17:36 PM

Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 8:26:06 PM
At 4/3/2014 6:14:40 PM, sadolite wrote:
Did anyone read the terms of use? What is the point of any rule or law if one just arbitrarily ignores them because they don't conform to their liking or agenda. Why don't all the complainers go start their own troll/debate site and then they can personally attack anyone they want for any reason they want under the terms of use of their new Troll/Debate site.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY