Jump to topic:

D.D.O should make provision for group debate

judeifeanyi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 4:48:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I think that it will be very interesting if there is provision for group debate@ debate.org. More over, there will be team leaders and coaches.
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 4:51:24 PM
At 4/3/2014 4:48:49 PM, judeifeanyi wrote:
I think that it will be very interesting if there is provision for group debate@ debate.org. More over, there will be team leaders and coaches.

People have been asking for this since the first era. It would be fun to form elite teams and compete.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 5:02:06 PM
At 4/3/2014 4:51:24 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:

People have been asking for this since the first era. It would be fun to form elite teams and compete.

But what about the substandard teams full of imbeciles? Have you considered how this would affect them?
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 6:08:35 PM
Some of us are sort of doing it, but it's not directly through DDO. We're getting a minileague on google hangouts where we just have our teams and each team gets a shared google doc.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
rross
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 6:14:59 PM

We did do team debates here, and they were great to do. The idea was if enough people wanted to do it, it would be followed up by implementing it properly, but surprisingly, people just didn't get involved. And that's been the case on edeb8 too which has it set up, and I've seen people try it with other casual systems here - I think Mikal tried an abortion debate.

There's nothing stopping you, really. If you want to set something up, talk to Airmax.

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 6:31:46 PM

You've been to Edeb8, haven't you?