Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

New Bullish Rules (a satire)

Bullish
Posts: 3,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 9:17:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
TL;DR: the use of the letter "*" will no longer be tolerated by Bullish (me). Any debater should be able to go from one day to the next without using the letter "*", which is offensive to some folks on this site (me). Not only does the letter "*" refer to many obscenities, is also sounds like "fart" in another language. This new rule will be enforced across-site, that includes debates, threads, messages, etc. do not use the letter "*" when addressing Bullish, or there will be consequences. (See if you can figure out which letter it is.)

INTRODUCTION

Using the letter "*", in the context of this site, is "any time anyone uses the letter '*'." But some times you just gotta "*". So the goal of this new rule is to foster debate without unwarranted use of the letter "*". Answering to my query to use the letter "*", of course, is condoned.

The morally correct answer to wanting to use the letter "*" is to stand on the high ground - find another word.

Violations of this rule may include a warning - and will hastily crush your scrotum if you do not follow the rules. Bullish is the final arbiter of this new rule.

DIRECT USAGE

This is when, not quoting someone, you use the letter "*". Quoting will be given the easement, but just chugging your dirty "*" usage in quotes will not be condoned. If you use the letter "*" excessively, I will do horrible things to you - such as block you.

There is only one instance where this rule may be broken - whenever Bullish feels like it.

MERE USAGE

No. "Aw but I was just..." STFU. This is a level below "but I have to use it..." and nothing but a lazy excuse. No. Casual usage is even worse than when you actually have a legitimate reason to use the letter "*". Just don't.

Addressing someone else where I can see you is also not allowed. Because I can see you and you have the obligation to serve what I see.

AD "*"

This should be an easy one. Acting like "*" is a logical argument is just wrong, and anyone who does so deserves to be blocked by me.

CROSS-INTERNET CONTAMINATION

Don't link images or make ASCII art of the letter "*". It's not tolerated.

Good luck being friends with me for a day.
0x5f3759df
jh1234l
Posts: 580
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 9:55:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/3/2014 9:17:23 PM, Bullish wrote:
TL;DR: the use of the letter "*" will no longer be tolerated by Bullish (me). Any debater should be able to go from one day to the next without using the letter "*", which is offensive to some folks on this site (me). Not only does the letter "*" refer to many obscenities, is also sounds like "fart" in another language. This new rule will be enforced across-site, that includes debates, threads, messages, etc. do not use the letter "*" when addressing Bullish, or there will be consequences. (See if you can figure out which letter it is.)

INTRODUCTION

Using the letter "*", in the context of this site, is "any time anyone uses the letter '*'." But some times you just gotta "*". So the goal of this new rule is to foster debate without unwarranted use of the letter "*". Answering to my query to use the letter "*", of course, is condoned.

The morally correct answer to wanting to use the letter "*" is to stand on the high ground - find another word.

Violations of this rule may include a warning - and will hastily crush your scrotum if you do not follow the rules. Bullish is the final arbiter of this new rule.

DIRECT USAGE

This is when, not quoting someone, you use the letter "*". Quoting will be given the easement, but just chugging your dirty "*" usage in quotes will not be condoned. If you use the letter "*" excessively, I will do horrible things to you - such as block you.

There is only one instance where this rule may be broken - whenever Bullish feels like it.

MERE USAGE

No. "Aw but I was just..." STFU. This is a level below "but I have to use it..." and nothing but a lazy excuse. No. Casual usage is even worse than when you actually have a legitimate reason to use the letter "*". Just don't.

Addressing someone else where I can see you is also not allowed. Because I can see you and you have the obligation to serve what I see.

AD "*"

This should be an easy one. Acting like "*" is a logical argument is just wrong, and anyone who does so deserves to be blocked by me.

CROSS-INTERNET CONTAMINATION

Don't link images or make ASCII art of the letter "*". It's not tolerated.

Good luck being friends with me for a day.

Tihs is so ******* very **** !@#$%^ rule I am gonna leave the website for no reason
My political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82
1 square right of Nelson Mandela, 2 squares down from Francois Hollande
Bullish
Posts: 3,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 10:10:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At Some Time, jh1234l wrote:
Tihs is so ******* very **** !@#$%^ rule I am gonna leave the website for no reason

This is about me, not the site.
0x5f3759df
9spaceking
Posts: 4,213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2014 4:47:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
just to troll you I will break every rule you just stated.
**********************************
Aw but I was just having some fun, drawing some ascii art!
[insert vulgar word here, insert swear word here, cuss here, bleep there, and stars everywhere! **** *** ***** *** * * ******]
That was only a logical argument.
Haha.
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy
http://www.debate.org...

Reign of Terror is unjustified
http://www.debate.org...

Raise min. wage to $10.10
http://www.debate.org...
Bullish
Posts: 3,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2014 6:40:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/8/2014 4:47:36 PM, 9spaceking wrote:
just to troll you I will break every rule you just stated.
**********************************
Aw but I was just having some fun, drawing some ascii art!
[insert vulgar word here, insert swear word here, cuss here, bleep there, and stars everywhere! **** *** ***** *** * * ******]
That was only a logical argument.
Haha.

It's a letter. I just censored it like one would assume that you would know what "f***" means.

You actually only broke my rule once in that entire quote.

Your name offends me.
0x5f3759df
Megalobrainiac
Posts: 68
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2014 6:43:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/8/2014 6:40:48 PM, Bullish wrote:
At 4/8/2014 4:47:36 PM, 9spaceking wrote:
just to troll you I will break every rule you just stated.
**********************************
Aw but I was just having some fun, drawing some ascii art!
[insert vulgar word here, insert swear word here, cuss here, bleep there, and stars everywhere! **** *** ***** *** * * ******]
That was only a logical argument.
Haha.

It's a letter. I just censored it like one would assume that you would know what "f***" means.

You actually only broke my rule once in that entire quote.

Your name offends me.

You're a super*

You're the * to my Obelix.
Bullish
Posts: 3,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2014 7:22:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/8/2014 6:43:50 PM, Megalobrainiac wrote:

You're a super*

You're the * to my Obelix.

You only broke the rule once.

Thanks for self-censoring.

Your name does not offend me.
0x5f3759df
Jhale
Posts: 2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 6:20:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
A word. A verb. A noun. A sound. A fight. A will a wisp. A a.
0 is the whole, the advent or the extinction. 0 confronts all aspects of a problem by coexistence.