The new rules will destroy us all!

jh1234l
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 10:05:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
EVERYBODY PANIC!!!!!1111one THE NEW DDO RULES WILL DESTROY US ALL!!!!!!1!!!12

The rule was always there, but the moderators want to start enforcing the rule now. How dare they enforce a rule that already exists? This will begin a slippery slope to a fascist, communist, orwellian website where the moderators will oppress us all! We have the right to free speech, which means that we should be able to insult and bully others, which totally helps with intelligent debate.

WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!1
My political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82
1 square right of Nelson Mandela, 2 squares down from Francois Hollande
etherealvoyager
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 10:06:14 PM
At 4/3/2014 10:05:38 PM, jh1234l wrote:

The rule was always there, but the moderators want to start enforcing the rule now. How dare they enforce a rule that already exists? This will begin a slippery slope to a fascist, communist, orwellian website where the moderators will oppress us all! We have the right to free speech, which means that we should be able to insult and bully others, which totally helps with intelligent debate.

k
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 10:29:09 PM
edgy, cutting, ruthless sarcasm

Everyone, you may now stop dramalyzing about the "new rules." This community will survive, with or without you; jh1234l has spoken, and there is nothing more to be said.

I declare this manufactured crisis to be over. The next one is not scheduled for another {redacted by DDO Elite} weeks, so until then, these now-purposeless drama threads will be repurposed into recipe threads.

Pumpkin Gingerbread
Makes 2 - 9x5 inch loaves
3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
2/3 cup water
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
In a large mixing, combine sugar, oil and eggs; beat until smooth. Add water and beat until well blended. Stir in pumpkin, ginger, allspice cinnamon, and clove.
In medium bowl, combine flour, soda, salt, and baking powder. Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and blend just until all ingredients are mixed. Divide batter between prepared pans.
Bake in preheated oven until toothpick comes out clean, about 1 hour.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 10:40:21 PM

Lol too funny.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 11:08:13 PM
At 4/3/2014 10:29:09 PM, Chrysippus wrote:
edgy, cutting, ruthless sarcasm

Everyone, you may now stop dramalyzing about the "new rules." This community will survive, with or without you; jh1234l has spoken, and there is nothing more to be said.

I declare this manufactured crisis to be over. The next one is not scheduled for another {redacted by DDO Elite} weeks, so until then, these now-purposeless drama threads will be repurposed into recipe threads.

Pumpkin Gingerbread
Makes 2 - 9x5 inch loaves
3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
2/3 cup water
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
In a large mixing, combine sugar, oil and eggs; beat until smooth. Add water and beat until well blended. Stir in pumpkin, ginger, allspice cinnamon, and clove.
In medium bowl, combine flour, soda, salt, and baking powder. Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and blend just until all ingredients are mixed. Divide batter between prepared pans.
Bake in preheated oven until toothpick comes out clean, about 1 hour.

Thanks for the recipe, you really do need to stop by more often. It's always nice to have you around.
Debate.org Moderator
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 11:20:51 PM
Thanks, Airmax. Don't let the drama get to you; eventually the mob'll find something more interesting to chew on. You've been doing a fine job as mod.
Technition
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 11:23:00 PM
Maybe you can die first....
To bad I can't have all caps...
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 11:58:51 PM
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ingredients:

1 stick butter
11/3 c sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 c sour cream
2 c flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 c mashed ripe bananas
1 c chocolate chips
1/2 c chopped pecans (optional - I left these out!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Instructions:

Preheat oven to 325". In a large bowl cream butter and sugar. Then mix in eggs, vanilla and sour cream. In a separate bowl whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add to sugar mixture and stir until combined. Fold in bananas, nuts, and chocolate chips. Pour into 2 large loaf pans or 4 small loaf pans. You can also make 24 muffins. Bake for 1 hour in a loaf pan, 35-45 minutes in a small loaf pan or 25 min in a muffin pan. You want the bread to be lightly browned. Make sure it comes clean with a toothpick.
Once the bread is cooked, remove the bread from the pan and place on a cooling rack.
Enjoy with a cold glass of milk!
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2014 1:29:14 PM
At 4/3/2014 11:58:51 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ingredients:

1 stick butter
11/3 c sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 c sour cream
2 c flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 c mashed ripe bananas
1 c chocolate chips
1/2 c chopped pecans (optional - I left these out!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Instructions:

Preheat oven to 325". In a large bowl cream butter and sugar. Then mix in eggs, vanilla and sour cream. In a separate bowl whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add to sugar mixture and stir until combined. Fold in bananas, nuts, and chocolate chips. Pour into 2 large loaf pans or 4 small loaf pans. You can also make 24 muffins. Bake for 1 hour in a loaf pan, 35-45 minutes in a small loaf pan or 25 min in a muffin pan. You want the bread to be lightly browned. Make sure it comes clean with a toothpick.
Once the bread is cooked, remove the bread from the pan and place on a cooling rack.
Enjoy with a cold glass of milk!

That sounds marvelous.
jh1234l
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2014 10:16:27 PM
TEH NEW RULEZ ARE TEH EVUL!!!!

How dare the mods enforce a rule that was already there? Were all gonna die!!!1111!11!!1111!1!!!1!1!11!!11!11!!!
My political compass:
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 10:42:02 AM
I found this wonderful recipe for potato soup, link at the bottom.

Ingredients
4 cups chicken broth
4 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
1/4 cup minced onion
1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cut into chunks

Instructions
1. Combine broth, potatoes, onion, and spices.
2. Boil on medium heat until potatoes are tender.
3. Smash a few of the potatoes to release their starch for thickening.
4. Reduce to low heat.
5. Add cream cheese.
6. Heat, stirring frequently, until cheese melts.

http://www.food.com...
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 11:16:43 AM
Dana's banana nut bread.

Since I love banana nut bread, I've tried many different recipes. The best recipe I've ever tried I got from a friend of mine named Dana.

1/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
4-5 mashed bananas (this is the only part I disagree with. I only use 3 mashed bananas)
1 tsp soda
1-3/4 cup flour
1 beaten egg
1/2 tsp salt
chopped walnuts

Put the sugar, eggs, and melted butter in a mixing bowl and mix them good and thorough. Put the dry ingredients in another bowl and mix them with a spoon. Mash the bananas in a big bowl, ideally with a flat bottom because they're easier to mash that way. Then alternatively put some of the dry ingredients and the mash bananas into the sugar/egg/butter mixture until you've got everything in. Then put all that in a bread pan (I grease and flour mine) and bake it around 300-325"F for 1 hour or until the pick comes out clean. When it's done, take it out of the pan immediately and put it on a grill or something so it can cool with the air able to get underneath it. When you store it, don't put it in a plastic ziplock bag. Just wrap it in some paper towels.

Enjoy!
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 11:17:28 AM
At 4/6/2014 11:16:43 AM, philochristos wrote:
Dana's banana nut bread.

Since I love banana nut bread, I've tried many different recipes. The best recipe I've ever tried I got from a friend of mine named Dana.

1/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
4-5 mashed bananas (this is the only part I disagree with. I only use 3 mashed bananas)
1 tsp soda
1-3/4 cup flour
1 beaten egg
1/2 tsp salt
chopped walnuts

Put the sugar, eggs, and melted butter in a mixing bowl and mix them good and thorough. Put the dry ingredients in another bowl and mix them with a spoon. Mash the bananas in a big bowl, ideally with a flat bottom because they're easier to mash that way. Then alternatively put some of the dry ingredients and the mash bananas into the sugar/egg/butter mixture until you've got everything in. Then put all that in a bread pan (I grease and flour mine) and bake it around 300-325"F for 1 hour or until the pick comes out clean. When it's done, take it out of the pan immediately and put it on a grill or something so it can cool with the air able to get underneath it. When you store it, don't put it in a plastic ziplock bag. Just wrap it in some paper towels.

Enjoy!

Oh, I forgot to mention that I put the chopped walnuts in last--after I've got all the other ingredients mixed in.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 11:18:47 AM
At 4/6/2014 11:17:28 AM, philochristos wrote:
At 4/6/2014 11:16:43 AM, philochristos wrote:
Dana's banana nut bread.

1/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp soda
1-3/4 cup flour
1 beaten egg
1/2 tsp salt
chopped walnuts

Enjoy!

Oh, I forgot to mention that I put the chopped walnuts in last--after I've got all the other ingredients mixed in.

What a delicious looking recipe! I will have to try it sometime.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 11:22:48 AM
Rotel King Ranch Chicken

This is a casserole a friend of mine brought to a Bible study once. He's a Baptist, and they are really big on pot lucks, so you know this has to be good. I liked it so much, I asked him for the recipe. I've made it many times, and it is very good. It also prevents you from having to cook for the rest of the week.

1/4 cup margarine
1 medium green bell pepper
1 medium onion chopped
2 cups cubed chicken
12 corn tortillas torn up
2 cups (8 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
1 can (10-3/4 oz) cream of mushroom soup (don't all casseroles have this?)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can (10oz) Rotel (this is what makes it a "Chicken Rotel Casserole)

Preheat oven to 325"F. In large sauce pan, cook pepper and onion in melted margarine until tender, about 5 minutes. Add soups, Rotel & chicken, stirring until well blended. In a 13x9x2" baking pan (I use a pyrex dish), alternately layer tortillas, soup mixture, & cheese, repeating for three layers. Bake 40 minutes or until hot and bubbling.

It may not be the healthiest thing in the world, but it's filling and delicious.

9spaceking
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 11:28:17 AM
Recipe for non-disaster
nothing
zero mm of sugar
zero mm of water
zero cups of flour
zero cauldrons for the nothing

mix nothing with nothing in the non-existent cauldron for zero minutes then do nothing for zero hours. Nothing will appear and non-disaster will happen. Congrats, the problem's solved, the new rules have no effect at all!
Special side-effects may include: nothing, nothing at all, nada, the opposite of everything
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy

Reign of Terror is unjustified

Raise min. wage to $10.10
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 11:30:09 AM
My ex girlfriend taught me how to make really delicious chicken quesadillas"

Get some medium sized flour tortillas. Get some frozen fajita chicken that's already cooked and cut up. Get some medium Pace picante sauce. Get some Mexican shredded cheese (it's a mixture of two or three different kinds of cheeses).

First, microwave a few pieces of the chicken for about 30 seconds. Then cut them up into smaller pieces. Then, put a tortilla in your pan, spread some of the cheese on it, then spread the cut up chicken on top of that. Spoon some Pace picante sauce on top of that, distributing it the best you can. Then put some more cheese on top of that, and put the other tortilla on top of that. Cook it for a little bit, then turn it over and cook it some more. Take it out, put it on a cutting board, and cut it into four pieces, put it on your plate, and eat it.

Good stuff.

jh1234l
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2014 4:29:18 PM
Asian style stir-fried broccoli

Ingredients:
1 broccoli head, cut into bite-sized pieces
1/2 carrot, peeled and sliced
1 tbsp cooking oil
1 clove garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste

1. In a frying pan, heat up the cooking oil.
2. Add minced garlic and fry until the garlic releases its aroma.
3. Add the carrot and broccoli, and fry until the desired tenderness is reached.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
My political compass: