YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2014 11:40:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm reminded of this scene from the greatest animated show of all time:

==>

Anyway, I appreciate all of your commitment to the forum, but your efforts are better suited towards working within the system rather than fighting it.
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2014 11:43:17 PM
I couldn't have summed it up any better.
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2014 11:44:33 PM
At 4/4/2014 11:43:17 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:

haha, yeah, this is pretty assholish of me, but I'm just tired of seeing cazies old and new announcing their candidacy. The election is a long ways away, and, frankly, I'd be in favor of having a referendum on extending office tenure as well from six month terms to one year terms.
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2014 11:46:19 PM
At 4/4/2014 11:44:33 PM, YYW wrote:

haha, yeah, this is pretty assholish of me, but I'm just tired of seeing cazies old and new announcing their candidacy. The election is a long ways away, and, frankly, I'd be in favor of having a referendum on extending office tenure as well from six month terms to one year terms.

Well, for something as young as DDO, six month terms are better because if someone screws up, they can be replaced sooner than later. Two months away, I think. I came at the [start of] last election and it's been about four months... so...
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2014 11:46:25 PM
At 4/4/2014 11:40:51 PM, YYW wrote:

==>

Anyway, I appreciate all of your commitment to the forum, but your efforts are better suited towards working within the system rather than fighting it.

Love Archer, even though I may very well be one of the people your talking about.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2014 11:48:50 PM
At 4/4/2014 11:46:25 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:

==>

Love Archer, even though I may very well be one of the people your talking about.

You absolutely are a noob, and you absolutely have no business running for president. I appreciate your interest in the site and your ostensible commitment to its improvement, but unless you have a compelling reason for why TUF hasn't done a sufficient job and why you could do a better one, you've got no business running against him.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2014 11:49:49 PM
At 4/4/2014 11:46:19 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
At 4/4/2014 11:44:33 PM, YYW wrote:

Well, for something as young as DDO, six month terms are better because if someone screws up, they can be replaced sooner than later. Two months away, I think. I came at the [start of] last election and it's been about four months... so...

I think a year is fine, because we should only elect candidates who we think will be willing to commit for a full year at least. TUF fits that criterion.
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2014 11:50:05 PM
At 4/4/2014 11:48:50 PM, YYW wrote:

==>

You absolutely are a noob, and you absolutely have no business running for president. I appreciate your interest in the site and your ostensible commitment to its improvement, but unless you have a compelling reason for why TUF hasn't done a sufficient job and why you could do a better one, you've got no business running against him.

And who are you to be the judge on who or who not should be in power? I would appreciate letting the votes decide that.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2014 11:50:46 PM
At 4/4/2014 11:50:05 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:

==>

And who are you to be the judge on who or who not should be in power? I would appreciate letting the votes decide that.

So you'd rather the presidency turn into a popularity contest again? That's a great way to get Juggle interested in growing the site.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2014 11:51:37 PM
At 4/4/2014 11:50:46 PM, Zaradi wrote:

==>

So you'd rather the presidency turn into a popularity contest again? That's a great way to get Juggle interested in growing the site.

Who said anything about a popularity contest? I simply think the votes should decide my eligibility, and not YYY.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2014 11:52:41 PM

==>

And who are you to be the judge on who or who not should be in power?

A voter and site member who has been on this site for almost three years, served as Airmax's Chief of Staff, who has seen several administrations and who has a vested interest in this site's wellbeing.

I would appreciate letting the votes decide that.

lol, I will.
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2014 11:53:33 PM
At 4/4/2014 11:51:37 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:

==>

Who said anything about a popularity contest? I simply think the votes should decide my eligibility, and not YYY.

To be honest, YYW has a point. You've only been on for two months. Hell, I've been on for four and I'm barely even noticed yet. When you look at other candidates over the years, TUF, bsh1, airmax, they've all been to college or higher and have made major contributions to the site. You're a bit below that. Just wait a year or two then people will take you more seriously.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2014 11:53:48 PM
At 4/4/2014 11:51:37 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:

==>

And there you go, saying popularity contest again.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2014 11:54:10 PM
At 4/4/2014 11:52:41 PM, YYW wrote:

==>

A voter and site member who has been on this site for almost three years, served as Airmax's Chief of Staff, who has seen several administrations and who has a vested interest in this site's wellbeing.

And your free to hold that opinion, but I'm not even sure TUF is running. I'll throw my support behind whoever I feel is best. That person is not running though.

lol, I will.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2014 11:55:45 PM
At 4/4/2014 11:54:10 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/4/2014 11:52:41 PM, YYW wrote:

==>

And your free to hold that opinion, but I'm not even sure TUF is running. I'll throw my support behind whoever I feel is best. That person is not running though.

lol, kid... sure.

lol, I will.