Jump to topic:

My plan for DDO!

Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2014 6:29:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Here is my plan for DDO. I asked myself a couple of questions regarding the fate of DDO, and found a few things obviously noticeable.

1. Most new users hang out in the poll section.

2. Most Senior users hang out in the forums and debates section.

3. Many new users leave the site within a couple days of joining.

4. Almost all the debates in the challenge period are usually started by new users, and get accepted by new users.

5. Regarding number 4, most new users don't know how to debate , and point 4 debates suffer from one sentence arguments, forfeits, and lack of linked sources.

6. Regarding point 1, most polls in the poll section end up looking something like this....

" Dogs or Cats"

" Blue or Green"

"Whats your favorite time of the day"

7. The opinions section is a desert, where no one dares enter.

8. Many debates go days without votes, and most new people who start debates never get any votes.

With all that being said, I devised a very simple idea for revitalizing DDO. Here's my idea. Start a group of dedicated members who will receive a pm once a week, asking members to......

1. Give advise on new debates.

2. Create a intelligent polls and opinions, and vote on them.

3. Friend Request new members.

4. Vote on specific debates with new members.

5. Accept debates that new members create, so other new users don't get thrown into them (Done for obvious reasons, to avoid two members who know nothing on how the system works from debating someone else who doesn't know how debating works)

6. Keeping new debates active with comments (I think it would help if people started commenting on new users debates more)

Anyways, I'm not looking to run this. Think of it more as a initiative. It would be great if a senior member would be willing to run this and send out the pm's every week.

Director:

Everyone Else

-
-
-
-
-
-
- Jifpop09

Remember, I'm not looking to be in charge of this, but I feel if members take the time to hang out less in the forums, and with new members, then intelligent people wont flee the site within days of joining.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2014 6:31:13 PM
I'm personally going to take the initiative to comment on EVERY new debate see created by a new member.
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2014 7:05:14 PM
At 4/5/2014 6:31:13 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
I'm personally going to take the initiative to comment on EVERY new debate see created by a new member.

Ha ha! Good luck!
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2014 7:06:08 PM
At 4/5/2014 7:05:14 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:

Ha ha! Good luck!

Thanks, even though I would not consider it extremely challenging.
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2014 7:10:11 PM
At 4/5/2014 7:06:08 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:

Ha ha! Good luck!

You're gonna have to be on the Site 24/7, and after enough time one's going to slip through your hands. THEN what'll they think of you? Mwahahaha! *Cough* *Cough* *Hairball*
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2014 7:11:10 PM
At 4/5/2014 7:10:11 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
At 4/5/2014 7:06:08 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
I'm personally going to take the initiative to comment on EVERY new debate I see created by a new member.

Ha ha! Good luck!

You're gonna have to be on the Site 24/7, and after enough time one's going to slip through your hands. THEN what'll they think of you? Mwahahaha! *Cough* *Cough* *Hairball*

Sorry, I had a typo and forgot the I. It now says every debate I see.