Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

Congrats Abunai, Orogami, and Bsh1!

TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 4:10:01 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
The Second official Debate.org tournament has concluded and I am proud to announce the following winners.

The Novice Tier: Abunai

While this tier may have been geared for beginners, Abunai definitely seemed like a pro. He demonstrated a great debating talent all the way through, and his debates were really fun to read! I am very impressed with this debater, and I think he will continue to be a great debating challenge to anyone who crosses paths with him.

The Intermediate Tier: Oromagi

Orogami had some tough challenges, but un-surprisingly mastered each one with ease and expertise. Orogami is definitely a formidable debater, and continued to prove so through her excellenet debates in this tournament. I am very proud to announce this up and comer as this years Intermediate challenge winner. Good job Orogomi!

The Expert Tier: Bsh1

Bsh1 was had some really talented competition. I knew bsh1 was a force to be reckoned with before this tournament, but he continually impressed me. His LD style mixed in with great argumentation skills quickly put him past some of Debate.org most respected and feared debaters. From fun debates about star wars, to serious debates about political policies, Bsh1 will always offer a great debate.

Congrats once again to all three of you and thankyou so much for participating in this tournament. You will be idolized eternally in the offical DDO tournament winners thread: http://www.debate.org...

I hereby announce you the great victors of Debate.org! Take some time, and really pat yourselves on the back here. In your debates here, you each took on a challenging debate. All of your opponents were just as determined to win, and most were pretty exceptionally talented debaters themselves. And while they all put up great arguments, you were the three that rose above and bravely accepted the challenges. Not only that, you put every such effort in such that you ensured victory, and that is what debate is all about.

I applaud you and wish you luck in further endeavors.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
CJKAllstar
Posts: 408
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 4:28:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
There was a Novice and Intermediate tournament? I didn't know! I would have entered without thinking twice! I thought 3000 ELO was the min so am currently working on it, but next time there's a tournament my name is down.
"Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind." - George Orwell
CJKAllstar
Posts: 408
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 4:28:32 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
But congrats anyway Abunai, Orogami and Bsh1.
"Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind." - George Orwell
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 4:30:22 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/6/2014 4:28:02 AM, CJKAllstar wrote:
There was a Novice and Intermediate tournament? I didn't know! I would have entered without thinking twice! I thought 3000 ELO was the min so am currently working on it, but next time there's a tournament my name is down.

The slots were filled before you were a member, It was kind of a long tournament. If your still here for the next one, I'll definitely send you a message.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 10:30:46 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/6/2014 10:16:01 AM, Bullish wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

Eh I checked on this when the extra week I gave you expired and it hadn't been accepted yet. I assumed you were afk
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Bullish
Posts: 3,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 11:17:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/6/2014 10:30:46 AM, TUF wrote:
At 4/6/2014 10:16:01 AM, Bullish wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

Eh I checked on this when the extra week I gave you expired and it hadn't been accepted yet. I assumed you were afk

Oromagi was the afk one. He was sick.
0x5f3759df
YYW
Posts: 36,287
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 7:03:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/6/2014 4:10:01 AM, TUF wrote:
The Second official Debate.org tournament has concluded and I am proud to announce the following winners.

The Novice Tier: Abunai

While this tier may have been geared for beginners, Abunai definitely seemed like a pro. He demonstrated a great debating talent all the way through, and his debates were really fun to read! I am very impressed with this debater, and I think he will continue to be a great debating challenge to anyone who crosses paths with him.

The Intermediate Tier: Oromagi

Orogami had some tough challenges, but un-surprisingly mastered each one with ease and expertise. Orogami is definitely a formidable debater, and continued to prove so through her excellenet debates in this tournament. I am very proud to announce this up and comer as this years Intermediate challenge winner. Good job Orogomi!

The Expert Tier: Bsh1

Bsh1 was had some really talented competition. I knew bsh1 was a force to be reckoned with before this tournament, but he continually impressed me. His LD style mixed in with great argumentation skills quickly put him past some of Debate.org most respected and feared debaters. From fun debates about star wars, to serious debates about political policies, Bsh1 will always offer a great debate.


Congrats once again to all three of you and thankyou so much for participating in this tournament. You will be idolized eternally in the offical DDO tournament winners thread: http://www.debate.org...


I hereby announce you the great victors of Debate.org! Take some time, and really pat yourselves on the back here. In your debates here, you each took on a challenging debate. All of your opponents were just as determined to win, and most were pretty exceptionally talented debaters themselves. And while they all put up great arguments, you were the three that rose above and bravely accepted the challenges. Not only that, you put every such effort in such that you ensured victory, and that is what debate is all about.

I applaud you and wish you luck in further endeavors.

Congratulations, everyone!
Tsar of DDO