Jump to topic:

Groups/polls/blogs not happening?

Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2008 1:10:41 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
Initially, I thought the "coming soon" label on the three of these was removed because these three sections of the website were extremely close to being put up, but lately, I have been getting the feeling that there shall be no groups/polls/blogs . . . which is a shame, as I was looking forward to hosting my own forum via groups as well as getting an insight via the polls (as I believe usage of the polls would tremendously add to the evidence bank for debates that cocnern debate.org). Oh well.
s0m31john
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2008 1:26:44 PM
I believe Nate was the one pushing for change, more innovation, and we know what happened to him. Anyway, that's just my speculation.
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2008 1:36:54 PM
Did I just say 'coming soon?'

At any rate, I suppose that would explain the the removal of those suggested updates. Possibly, that may even make the ebay ad on this website as a bit more sensical (assuming that it's not merely a business tactic). Why put time and effort into a website which won't even be yours soon enough?
beem0r
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2008 1:54:55 PM
Actually, I think that's why they put effort into it. I think the intent from the start has been to sell it. The owners of debate.org [WebCorp], as far as I know, specialize in making fully-featured sites and then selling them.
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2008 2:04:44 PM
I meant "place more effort into it." Placing more effort into it would be creating the aforementioned features as well as fixing the troll infestation here.

Other than that though, I agree.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2008 2:12:13 PM
At 12/5/2008 1:26:44 PM, s0m31john wrote:
I believe Nate was the one pushing for change, more innovation, and we know what happened to him. Anyway, that's just my speculation.

What happened to Nate??
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
DiablosChaosBroker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2008 2:15:56 PM
At 12/5/2008 2:12:13 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

What happened to Nate? http://www.debate.org...
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2008 2:20:16 PM
At 12/5/2008 2:12:13 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

What happened to Nate??

What happens to most innovated people:

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com...

Their thoughts get stifled by the man.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2008 3:36:14 PM
At 12/5/2008 2:18:13 PM, Logical-Master wrote:
Obi-Wan said that he was killed by Darth Vader.

http://www.icanhasforce.com...
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2008 4:01:14 PM
At 12/5/2008 1:10:41 PM, Logical-Master wrote:
Initially, I thought the "coming soon" label on the three of these was removed because these three sections of the website were extremely close to being put up, but lately, I have been getting the feeling that there shall be no groups/polls/blogs . . . which is a shame, as I was looking forward to hosting my own forum via groups as well as getting an insight via the polls (as I believe usage of the polls would tremendously add to the evidence bank for debates that cocnern debate.org). Oh well.

Yeah, they got removed when the forums were started. Now they're gone.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2008 4:21:35 PM
What happened to the inactivity?