Jump to topic:

Viable Voters

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 3:49:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I myself will try to vote on a debate if you ask me, it may take some time to read through it due to time constraints but I will often try my best to get to it at some point. Some other great voters whom you can message are

(1) TUF
(2) Thett3
(3) White Flame (one of my new fav members) This guy really puts effort into RFDS
(4) Tulle after her recent vote on my dp debate with roy which was over 10 pages. If she will vote she is amazing.
(5) Ragnar
(6) Raisor
(7) Kleptin
(8) Bluesteel
(9) Ore_ele
(10) BSH
(11) YYW
(12) Subtai
(13) n7/magic
(14) Zaradi
(15) Yrlaez
(16) Tylergraham

I am sure there are many others but this is just off the top of my head as I am typing, add some people if you wish but most of these people put a great deal of time into RFDS and voting.
Sswdwm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 3:54:02 PM
At 4/6/2014 3:49:41 PM, Mikal wrote:
I myself will try to vote on a debate if you ask me, it may take some time to read through it due to time constraints but I will often try my best to get to it at some point. Some other great voters whom you can message are

(1) TUF
(2) Thett3
(3) White Flame (one of my new fav members) This guy really puts effort into RFDS
(4) Tulle after her recent vote on my dp debate with roy which was over 10 pages. If she will vote she is amazing.
(5) Ragnar
(6) Raisor
(7) Kleptin
(8) Bluesteel
(9) Ore_ele
(10) BSH
(11) YYW
(12) Subtai
(13) n7/magic
(14) Zaradi
(15) Yrlaez
(16) Tylergraham

I am sure there are many others but this is just off the top of my head as I am typing, add some people if you wish but most of these people put a great deal of time into RFDS and voting.

I thought you were quitting debates??

Lol :-p
Resolved: the Zombie Apocalypse Will Happen
http://www.debate.org...

The most basic living cell was Intelligently Designed:

God most likely exists:
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 3:55:53 PM

(1) TUF
(2) Thett3
(5) Ragnar
(6) Raisor
(7) Kleptin
(8) Bluesteel
(9) Ore_ele
(10) BSH
(11) YYW
(12) Subtai
(13) n7/magic
(14) Zaradi
(15) Yrlaez
(16) Tylergraham

That's a pretty good list.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
kbub
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 3:56:22 PM

(1) TUF
(2) Thett3
(5) Ragnar
(6) Raisor
(7) Kleptin
(8) Bluesteel
(9) Ore_ele
(10) BSH
(11) YYW
(12) Subtai
(13) n7/magic
(14) Zaradi
(15) Yrlaez
(16) Tylergraham

Did my last vote take me off the list? :P
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 4:05:08 PM

(1) TUF

Yup.

(2) Thett3

Yup.

Definitely.

Perhaps.

(5) Ragnar

Definitely.

(6) Raisor

Definitely.

(7) Kleptin

Yup.

(8) Bluesteel

Not at all. He is a votebomber.

(9) Ore_ele

Yup.

(10) BSH

Not at all. His votes for YYW are biased and ludicrous
(11) YYW

Perhaps. Some of his voters are very impressive.

(12) Subtai

Yup.

(13) n7/magic

Definitely.

(14) Zaradi

Dunno who that is.

(15) Yrlaez

Dunno who that is.

(16) Tylergraham

Never seen a vote by him.

Your list was relatively good. I think you can add Phantom, Airmax, Sargon, MysticEgg and Bladerunner.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 4:23:44 PM

(1) TUF
(2) Thett3
(5) Ragnar
(6) Raisor
(7) Kleptin
(8) Bluesteel
(9) Ore_ele
(10) BSH
(11) YYW
(12) Subtai
(13) n7/magic
(14) Zaradi
(15) Yrlaez
(16) Tylergraham

I'm hoping to make it onto this list eventually.
I've only recently started putting a lot of effort into RFDs, though, so it may take a while...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 6:20:11 PM
At 4/6/2014 4:05:08 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

(10) BSH

Would you care to debate that? I take my voting integrity very seriously.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 6:34:18 PM

You are the most biased voter on this site, tied only with GWL-CPA, which is sufficient to indicate that you are in no position to evaluate who is a good voter, or what constitutes a good vote. You have no authority to speak on this issue, and I move that hence fourth all further posts you make in this thread be disregarded.
Tsar of DDO
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 6:45:06 PM
At 4/6/2014 6:20:11 PM, bsh1 wrote:

(10) BSH

My remark above was meant to be tongue-in-cheek. (It was before I got my new signature). However, I was wondering why you consider "sample clips" in a debate on music to be a good reason to give YYW "more reliable sources," when all the voters on that debate seem to disagree with that. Care to elaborate that?
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 6:45:37 PM
At 4/6/2014 6:34:18 PM, YYW wrote:

You are the most biased voter on this site, tied only with GWL-CPA, which is sufficient to indicate that you are in no position to evaluate who is a good voter, or what constitutes a good vote. You have no authority to speak on this issue, and I move that hence fourth all further posts you make in this thread be disregarded.

Lol. Reported.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 6:46:32 PM
At 4/6/2014 6:45:37 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

Lol. Reported.

http://weknowmemes.com...
Tsar of DDO
whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 6:48:02 PM

(1) TUF
(2) Thett3
(5) Ragnar
(6) Raisor
(7) Kleptin
(8) Bluesteel
(9) Ore_ele
(10) BSH
(11) YYW
(12) Subtai
(13) n7/magic
(14) Zaradi
(15) Yrlaez
(16) Tylergraham

Much obliged for the praise! Many of us put large amounts of time and energy into our debates, and the feedback we receive is probably the most important piece. The wins and losses by themselves are hollow unless we learn something from the experience.
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 6:48:06 PM
At 4/6/2014 6:46:32 PM, YYW wrote:
At 4/6/2014 6:45:37 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

Lol. Reported.

http://weknowmemes.com...

"I move that hence fourth all further posts you make in this thread be disregarded." LOL.

I was talking to ADOL on Edeb8. LOL. You're funny.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 6:49:32 PM
At 4/6/2014 6:45:06 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

(10) BSH

My remark above was meant to be tongue-in-cheek. (It was before I got my new signature).

It certainly did not come across in that fashion.

However, I was wondering why you consider "sample clips" in a debate on music to be a good reason to give YYW "more reliable sources," when all the voters on that debate seem to disagree with that. Care to elaborate that?

Firstly, that's an ad populum statement. Simply because other voters disagreed, does not mean my actions were wrong. Secondly, I consider the "clips" to be sources, therefore, because the other side offered no sources, I felt it was appropriate to award the points as I did.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 6:50:03 PM
Many of us put large amounts of time and energy into our debates, and the feedback we receive is probably the most important piece. The wins and losses by themselves are hollow unless we learn something from the experience.

Nicely put.
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 6:51:42 PM
At 4/6/2014 6:49:32 PM, bsh1 wrote:

(10) BSH

My remark above was meant to be tongue-in-cheek. (It was before I got my new signature).

However, I was wondering why you consider "sample clips" in a debate on music to be a good reason to give YYW "more reliable sources," when all the voters on that debate seem to disagree with that. Care to elaborate that?

Firstly, that's an ad populum statement. Simply because other voters disagreed, does not mean my actions were wrong. Secondly, I consider the "clips" to be sources, therefore, because the other side offered no sources, I felt it was appropriate to award the points as I did.

How is giving sample clips from youtube considered more reliable sources?
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 6:52:45 PM
At 4/6/2014 6:51:42 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

(10) BSH

A given source is usually more reliable than no source at all. That was the dichotomy I saw in that round.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 6:56:26 PM
I myself will try to vote on a debate if you ask me, it may take some time to read through it due to time constraints but I will often try my best to get to it at some point.

That is nice of you. Nobody has voted on my "Christ is God" debate. Would you please vote on it?

Thanks.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 6:58:03 PM

Poor Tulle. Just because she gave one spectacular RFD, now everybody expects her to do the same on ALL of her RFD's. That right there is a good reason not to put so much effort into an RFD. Because then everybody expects it al the time! :-)
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 6:59:12 PM
At 4/6/2014 6:52:45 PM, bsh1 wrote:

(10) BSH

A given source is usually more reliable than no source at all. That was the dichotomy I saw in that round.

Hmm. Interesting. If you only read more carefully, YYW's opponent offered 6 sources(also Youtube videos). He had them in the comments, but he included the numbers in his first round with the exact names of the songs.
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 6:59:57 PM
At 4/6/2014 6:58:03 PM, philochristos wrote:

Poor Tulle. Just because she gave one spectacular RFD, now everybody expects her to do the same on ALL of her RFD's. That right there is a good reason not to put so much effort into an RFD. Because then everybody expects it al the time! :-)

I'm slowly falling in love with you.
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 7:00:44 PM
At 4/6/2014 6:59:57 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

Hey, maybe somebody will ship us together!

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 7:01:44 PM
At 4/6/2014 6:59:12 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

(10) BSH

Hmm. Interesting. If you only read more carefully, YYW's opponent offered 6 sources(also Youtube videos). He had them in the comments, but he included the numbers in his first round with the exact names of the songs.

I do not evaluate things in the comments as this could be used as a way to evade the character limit.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 7:03:17 PM
At 4/6/2014 7:00:44 PM, philochristos wrote:
At 4/6/2014 6:59:57 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

Hey, maybe somebody will ship us together!

For your sake, I hope not.
Tsar of DDO
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 7:09:13 PM
At 4/6/2014 7:01:44 PM, bsh1 wrote:

(10) BSH

I do not evaluate things in the comments as this could be used as a way to evade the character limit.

Even if you don't, he included the names of the songs as featured in the Youtube videos(he obviously forgot the links, as he had the character space) but that's like citing a book or an article without the link, and so both technically used sources of sample clips, not just YYW. It is true that YYW was the only one to offer links, but to get 2 points for that by assuming his opponent didn't offer any sources is rather just odd and too strict, as his opponent did offer sources but forgot to link them, and did so in the comment section. At this stage, I will also take into consideration that YYW's opponent is, I don't mean that as a personal attack, an amateur.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 7:19:03 PM
At 4/6/2014 7:09:13 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

(10) BSH

Even if you don't, he included the names of the songs as featured in the Youtube videos(he obviously forgot the links, as he had the character space) but that's like citing a book or an article without the link, and so both technically used sources of sample clips, not just YYW.

The links need to be given in a debate. For example, if I say, "According to Prof. X..." but I provide no link or citation, then voters cannot ascertain whether Prof. X truly said what I attributed to him. The principle holds for songs. Granted, it's easier to search up a song title online, but the principle that a citation or link, not just a name, should be proffered is unchanged.

It is true that YYW was the only one to offer links, but to get 2 points for that by assuming his opponent didn't offer any sources is rather just odd and too strict, as his opponent did offer sources but forgot to link them, and did so in the comment section.

I discussed already how the comments can be used to obviate word count, which is patently unfair. Moreover, strictness is a matter of interpretation. What you find odd, I find appropriate. That is the inherent subjectivity of judging.

At this stage, I will also take into consideration that YYW's opponent is, I don't mean that as a personal attack, an amateur.

I don't see why that means I should be lenient towards him. Wouldn't that count as being biased towards amateurs?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 7:27:10 PM
At 4/6/2014 7:19:03 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 4/6/2014 7:09:13 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

(10) BSH

Even if you don't, he included the names of the songs as featured in the Youtube videos(he obviously forgot the links, as he had the character space) but that's like citing a book or an article without the link, and so both technically used sources of sample clips, not just YYW.

The links need to be given in a debate. For example, if I say, "According to Prof. X..." but I provide no link or citation, then voters cannot ascertain whether Prof. X truly said what I attributed to him. The principle holds for songs. Granted, it's easier to search up a song title online, but the principle that a citation or link, not just a name, should be proffered is unchanged.

It is true that YYW was the only one to offer links, but to get 2 points for that by assuming his opponent didn't offer any sources is rather just odd and too strict, as his opponent did offer sources but forgot to link them, and did so in the comment section.

I discussed already how the comments can be used to obviate word count, which is patently unfair. Moreover, strictness is a matter of interpretation. What you find odd, I find appropriate. That is the inherent subjectivity of judging.

At this stage, I will also take into consideration that YYW's opponent is, I don't mean that as a personal attack, an amateur.

I don't see why that means I should be lenient towards him. Wouldn't that count as being biased towards amateurs?

The question comes down to whether providing numbers and names, but forgetting to post the links, is considered "no sources" or "sources in some form." As I said, YYW's opponent's round was short, he had character space, but he simply failed to provide the numbered links in the same round. You seem to consider that "no sources" which made me think that your vote for YYW may have been biased. I'm not sure now.

You've been honest and kind in your response. So I apologize for my satirical remark, but at least it made me understand your RFD more. :D