Jump to topic:

A Final Bow

bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 6:33:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Note: DO NOT delete as spam; this is my final forum post (at least for a while)

I first joined this Site in either Autumn or Winter of 2013. Since then I've had a lot of fun. I created the DDO Members Union, a group that didn't really do too much, and I'm sure all its members (except me) have forgotten that they're part of it. Nevertheless, it was fun being the leader of this group.
I enjoyed competing with Jifpop09 and creating countless new polls and forum threads.

But alas, now I am saying my final goodbye to this Site. There are several reasons why.

I have been thinking about it since yesterday, and I have concluded that the people on this Site are growing tired of me. I am finding that my forum threads are being ignored more than they were, or perhaps that's just me.
And frankly, I do not blame them. I probably was creating WAY too many forums, and I enjoyed the attention that I received from it. I am, after all, just a kid (despite what my profile says).
What also got me thinking was a comment from another user (who I will not name) today:
"you're not taken seriously"
Is this the result of my many forums? Have I turned everyone off by my many threads which have been considered spam by many users? Have I become a nuisance to this Site, someone that Users seek to avoid? Have I tarnished my reputation on this Site forever?

What also got me thinking is that I'm kind of bummed out by the rules.
First of all, I do not wish for Airmax to take this the wrong way. He is only doing his job, and he has been VERY patient with me. He has been an outstanding Moderator on DDO.
However, I still must admit that his many warnings to me (even though most of them are rightfully placed) have been irritating to me. Even if I completely deserved it, it still ticks me off. Recently (as in today) I was given by Airmax another warning, which turned out to be more of a command. And this one seemed a little extreme to me, whether it actually is or isn't.
I know that if I stay on this Site, one day I'll get bored and post a fatwa against some user who I dislike or something and there'll be yet another confrontation with Airmax, quite possibly resulting in my ban. I am saving myself and Airmax the trouble by leaving now.

In truth there is no single reason why I am leaving, but I feel that it must be done. I have spent WAY too much time on this Site in the past several months, and it must stop.
Perhaps I'll visit the Site from time to time, but for the most part I'm leaving...today.

If I have harmed anyone on this Site with my words, I profusely apologize. I apologize to any user who I have offended and insulted...even to "The Bench." I apologize to him too. My actions have been irresponsible and reckless and I've said a lot of idle stuff that has damaged my own reputation and that of other Users.

With that being said, I'll probably be back some day, if only for a brief visit, but for now, goodbye. Feel free to create a poll or two or three celebrating my leaving; I won't care (since I'll be leaving anyway).
Also, can somebody continue compiling my DDO Userbook, which is an index of active users who aren't one-time noobs?

DDO's Only Clown (As far as I know, anyway),
Bubba

P.S. My name isn't really Bubba.

P.S.S. I've got one last idea before I leave: when you run out of characters writing a debate or something, make your last words 'roc' (which stands for "running out of characters).

In a few minutes I'll be deactivating my account (or at least I'll try to); if I fail then I'll simply leave my account on but inactive.
So long, Debate.org!
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 6:43:17 PM
At 4/6/2014 6:33:56 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:

Is it Pennywise?
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 7:39:52 AM
This is saddening.

Despite what many members have said about you, I think some of your forum threads have been pretty cool, and you certainly did provide much entertainment to the users on this site, even if it came in the form of controversy and flame wars.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'll miss your presence on this site.

Farewell, Mr. Clown.
The best of luck to you in future endeavors.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 7:44:14 AM
At 4/6/2014 6:43:17 PM, philochristos wrote:
At 4/6/2014 6:33:56 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:

Is it Pennywise?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 7:51:58 AM
You're a good guy, and I say that even after all of the criticism I offered of your political philosophy. This news is quite troubling, and I really hope you're trolling. If not, then best of luck with life.
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 3:57:11 PM
P.S.S.S. Ignore the temporary return of my account from deactivation; I simply have some loose ends to tie up before I go for good.