Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

How does one sign up to join a DDO party?

Generic-Name
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 8:36:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
These DDO political parties which I have noticed, predominantly a pirate party and some other union thing are they the only 2? If so why are there currently rogue candidates?

which party is TUF in?

How can I sign up? Is it like a staff application?
Being smart is knowing your wife's hair style isn't as good as her last one. Being wise is knowing enough to keep your mouth shut.
MassiveDump
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 8:38:27 PM
At 4/6/2014 8:36:33 PM, Generic-Name wrote:
These DDO political parties which I have noticed, predominantly a pirate party and some other union thing are they the only 2? If so why are there currently rogue candidates?

which party is TUF in?

Just don't. They parties are just things new members come up with to give this site the extra politics it doesn't need.
Generic-Name
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 8:41:29 PM
At 4/6/2014 8:38:27 PM, MassiveDump wrote:

which party is TUF in?

Just don't. They parties are just things new members come up with to give this site the extra politics it doesn't need.

I struggle to understand the politics of this site... There are people running of president who have only being members for 1-2 months?! In other forums I know, you have to be a member at least a year before you being to think of being a mod, let alone president?! What exactly is a president vs an admin?
Being smart is knowing your wife's hair style isn't as good as her last one. Being wise is knowing enough to keep your mouth shut.
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 8:44:01 PM
At 4/6/2014 8:41:29 PM, Generic-Name wrote:

which party is TUF in?

I struggle to understand the politics of this site... There are people running of president who have only being members for 1-2 months?! In other forums I know, you have to be a member at least a year before you being to think of being a mod, let alone president?! What exactly is a president vs an admin?

Anyone can make a post running for president or claiming to be a mod. The key is learning when to ignore them and when to say things that are true, useful and inevitably bad.
0x5f3759df
Generic-Name
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 8:46:27 PM
At 4/6/2014 8:44:01 PM, Bullish wrote:

which party is TUF in?

Anyone can make a post running for president or claiming to be a mod. The key is learning when to ignore them and when to say things that are true, useful and inevitably bad.

What exactly does a president do as opposed to a mod?
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 8:49:08 PM
At 4/6/2014 8:46:27 PM, Generic-Name wrote:

which party is TUF in?

Presidents communicate between DDO members and Juggle (the company that owns DDO), and Mods carry out the ToS.
0x5f3759df
Generic-Name
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 8:50:27 PM
At 4/6/2014 8:49:08 PM, Bullish wrote:

which party is TUF in?

Presidents communicate between DDO members and Juggle (the company that owns DDO), and Mods carry out the ToS.

Oh so the president is a puppet/secretary whilst the mods are the actual people with power?...
Aravengeance
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 8:53:40 PM

which party is TUF in?

TUF said this is another thread about what he has done as a president:
My question to you was also an honest question. That aside, I apologize if I misconstrued the intent of your question.

If you asking what a president's role is, this is what the official answer is from the FAQ's:
The Debate.org President acts as a liaison between the members of the community and Juggle, the company that owns the site. They advocate for the interests of the membership and express what updates the community is generally most interested in. They will also help with anything a member is having problems with and try to resolve any issues that members may have.

While the primary duty of the president is to communicate with Juggle and the community about development interests, and assist members with problems, I wanted to take the role a little bit further. When running initially, I wanted to engage in a lot of community building projects, and debate building projects as well as voting efforts.

As far as my role with Juggle, I have been actively pursuing updates based on member feedback. In fact there isn't but maybe a few ideas given to me by members that I haven't been flooding Juggle's representatives with. I have been posting my status's with Juggle as frequently as I get them as well in my updates over the past few months if you would like more specific details as to what goes on in those conversation. Pertaining to that side of the role, I can convince, I can advocate, and I can persist all I want; and I will. But ultimately I will only be able to help influence them into making a decision, I can't actually make something happen. With that said I feel pretty confident that some updates will be coming relatively soon on this end (I hate saying this because I have no clue "how soon" is for Juggle as it is entirely up to the companies determination). I will give more details when I have them my self.

As far as community building efforts, when I was first elected I was pretty gun ho about getting them started up. I started the Official tournaments almost immediately in hopes of creating quality debates (in which I think the tournament has been very successful at). I also had been pushing my member acknowledgement idea that I held originally from the election. Upon pushing that out too fast too soon, members were generally opposed to the idea as they felt existing features were already in place. I kept my member acknowledgment out of the way of the general public, to my updates and those willing to read them. In addition to that, I have taken an interest in doing podcast with member involvement (as you may have seen a couple of them already) to help the community get to know each other and better socialize. Members have been asking for a chat system for easier socialization, so I thought the podcasts and video hangouts were a good temporary socialization and intelligent discussion provoking idea.

I want to put a focus on video debating as well, as several reputable members have mentioned their interest in such a concept. To get things kicked off, I started the live cash prize video tournament. I am very excited about this and hope it will be just as successful as the official tournament was.

Finally I have been doing a lot of behind the scenes work with the DDOfans project. It's taking a while, but I don't want it to be a flop.

I feel like I have been upholding the goals that I advocated when I initially ran, and while some flopped, others seemed to work out well enough. There is a lot of room for improvement, but I have been getting a lot of help from members like Mikal, Bluesteel, and many others.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 8:54:44 PM
At 4/6/2014 8:50:27 PM, Generic-Name wrote:

Oh so the president is a puppet/secretary whilst the mods are the actual people with power?...

Pretty much.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Generic-Name
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 8:55:06 PM
At 4/6/2014 8:53:40 PM, Aravengeance wrote:

which party is TUF in?

My question to you was also an honest question. That aside, I apologize if I misconstrued the intent of your question.

If you asking what a president's role is, this is what the official answer is from the FAQ's:
The Debate.org President acts as a liaison between the members of the community and Juggle, the company that owns the site. They advocate for the interests of the membership and express what updates the community is generally most interested in. They will also help with anything a member is having problems with and try to resolve any issues that members may have.

While the primary duty of the president is to communicate with Juggle and the community about development interests, and assist members with problems, I wanted to take the role a little bit further. When running initially, I wanted to engage in a lot of community building projects, and debate building projects as well as voting efforts.

As far as my role with Juggle, I have been actively pursuing updates based on member feedback. In fact there isn't but maybe a few ideas given to me by members that I haven't been flooding Juggle's representatives with. I have been posting my status's with Juggle as frequently as I get them as well in my updates over the past few months if you would like more specific details as to what goes on in those conversation. Pertaining to that side of the role, I can convince, I can advocate, and I can persist all I want; and I will. But ultimately I will only be able to help influence them into making a decision, I can't actually make something happen. With that said I feel pretty confident that some updates will be coming relatively soon on this end (I hate saying this because I have no clue "how soon" is for Juggle as it is entirely up to the companies determination). I will give more details when I have them my self.

As far as community building efforts, when I was first elected I was pretty gun ho about getting them started up. I started the Official tournaments almost immediately in hopes of creating quality debates (in which I think the tournament has been very successful at). I also had been pushing my member acknowledgement idea that I held originally from the election. Upon pushing that out too fast too soon, members were generally opposed to the idea as they felt existing features were already in place. I kept my member acknowledgment out of the way of the general public, to my updates and those willing to read them. In addition to that, I have taken an interest in doing podcast with member involvement (as you may have seen a couple of them already) to help the community get to know each other and better socialize. Members have been asking for a chat system for easier socialization, so I thought the podcasts and video hangouts were a good temporary socialization and intelligent discussion provoking idea.

I want to put a focus on video debating as well, as several reputable members have mentioned their interest in such a concept. To get things kicked off, I started the live cash prize video tournament. I am very excited about this and hope it will be just as successful as the official tournament was.

Finally I have been doing a lot of behind the scenes work with the DDOfans project. It's taking a while, but I don't want it to be a flop.

I feel like I have been upholding the goals that I advocated when I initially ran, and while some flopped, others seemed to work out well enough. There is a lot of room for improvement, but I have been getting a lot of help from members like Mikal, Bluesteel, and many others.

It doesn't sound like a role I'd be wanting to do... It's like they do a lot of work for no recognition...
Aravengeance
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 8:58:47 PM
At 4/6/2014 8:55:06 PM, Generic-Name wrote:
At 4/6/2014 8:53:40 PM, Aravengeance wrote:

which party is TUF in?

It doesn't sound like a role I'd be wanting to do... It's like they do a lot of work for no recognition...

I like to think that you get recognition for just being the president, but you're not really known for what you actually do.